Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel (48444 Views)

We Didn’t Give Dangote License For Fuel Import ― NNPCL / Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel / FG Grants Dangote Cement Exemption From Land Border Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by musicwriter(m): 9:22am On Jun 14, 2023
I don't know where you all got the idea that you would successfully run a refinery in a third world country. And a very corrupt one at that.

The system that enslaved and colonized our ancestors is still alive and kicking!! They won't allow you do that!! That's why Dangote and Otedola went to London to bow to the late Queen Elizabeth but also exposed themselves and their slave brain to the global white elites (the second degree rulers of the world) that they're not ready.

Worst is that we've been dumbed down and have no clue about all these.

As I predicted from the beginning, Dangote would learn a big lesson about neo-colonialism. In my predatorlogy subject, I call it the Dangote refinery scam.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by lexy2014: 9:50am On Jun 14, 2023
BATified23:

1. Yes. NNPC is a marketer and she has refineries too grin. Bua is also another marketer building its own refinery. Dangote did not hold anybody

5. You can book the next flight to NNPC head office and request for the data you require. I have shown you what I have and if it's not sufficient, enjoy yourself

Did you book flight to NNPCL and requested for data and they told you that NNPCL has "importation units"?

1. So NNPCL is the only "marketer" with refineries. But the questions was about "marketers"...plural.

2. If you say fuel importation isn't the problem but fuel subsidy, then answering these questions shouldn't be a problem for you:

3. which currency will the marketers and NNPC use to import fuel? is it naira or forex?

4. what currency does government use in paying for subsidy?

5. How does your screenshot answer this question: what are those "importation units"?
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 14, 2023
ganisucks:

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

The part I enjoyed most in A Few Good Men. That hot exchange between Col Nathan Josep (Jack Nicholson) Lt Danny Kaffee (Tom Cruise) that ended with Col Josep screaming " God damn it I did!"
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by cyberguy72(m): 10:17am On Jun 14, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

You are the one not using his brains!

How do you believe that a massive private project like the Dangote refinery won’t function?

How?

Use that thing inbetween your skull.
you pathetic..chai
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by cyberguy72(m): 10:23am On Jun 14, 2023
The solution to all this confusion and scam is to bring back our subsidy ,sanitise the fuel racketing regime and then start to remove subsidy bit by bit.THEIR PRESIDENT TINUBU was to hasty in removing the subsidy.
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by Drone95(m): 10:35am On Jun 14, 2023
The government is not designed to give to u, its designed to take from you.
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by owunabastard: 11:42am On Jun 14, 2023
ganisucks:
Kikiki...😆😅🤣🤣

Nigerians enjoy getting scammed.

If Baba Lagos like he can pay all the small Frys money to pretend he is President, the powers that be will just be laughing. When the time comes, they will give him quit notice. If after six weeks he doesn't comply, they will give him the Gbagbo treatment.
This lady and imaginations, are you CIA or KGB or MOSSAD? grin grin grin
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by benzion72(m): 11:44am On Jun 14, 2023
No be the same Dangote that his refinery commissioned. It don finish
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by Stone03: 11:46am On Jun 14, 2023
lexy2014:

the refinery wasnt opened. it was hurriedly commissioned as part of buharis tenure coming to an end. it was part of the usual APC propaganda to try to make it look like buhari was working.

I wonder why sane nigerians will still be supporting a party that has scammed and screwed them.
The same scam is the much mouthed Nigeria Air. Where is it now? Broad day robbery, and yet people are still hailing the party.
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by REDshouse(m): 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
Judolisco:
so why build d refinery? Why waste so much money?
when u see Dangote ask am .. all na Saka ...na tank farm storage for imported fuel ... All other is to refined crude to produce other pdts like diesel, engine oil, lubricants , etc... But petrol never will a drop be refined this year ...
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by REDshouse(m): 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ilaje1:

You guys just comment without thinking. I guess they should stop pms importation until Dangote finish building his refinery so there could be scarcity of fuel.
the question is why will u give someone that have refinery licence to also import fuel... Guy the truth is when u are in biz you will understand that importing fuel is far profitable than producing fuel.. the managerial stress and maintenance cos of production will be so stressful and discouraging compare to siting at the comfort of your office with a laptop and wifi and click on fuel import and the next minute u have it in Nigeria...
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by Ogene001: 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
REDshouse:
the question is why will u give someone that have refinery licence to also import fuel... Guy the truth is when u are in biz you will understand that importing fuel is far profitable than producing fuel.. the managerial stress and maintenance cos of production will be so stressful and discouraging compare to siting at the comfort of your office with a laptop and wifi and click on fuel import and the next minute u have it in Nigeria...
This is what I have been saying. Refinery is bad business for Dangote. Once subsidy is removed importers will flood the market with cheap fuel. This is why he is desperately looking for import Monopoly which he will fail
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by franugo(m): 3:57am On Jun 15, 2023
loswhite:
What valid conclusion? Let's assume you are Dangote. You took loans and years to build a refinery and then you conclude that the refinery will just be built so that you can import fuel...lol and then use the facility that you took billions to build just for importation..lol. If this is a valid conclusion to you then it means something is probably wrong with the left side of your brain.

I will ignore your insult cause it's obvious you're looking for someone to drag into a mudfight and that isn't me..
I believe you were in the country when the Dangote refinery was commissioned to much fanfare and applause nationwide and was actually one of the reasons Nigerians were in support of removing fuel subsidy as we were told that production would start this month i believe, and that the era of depending on fuel imports was over, how is this not a scam?
Also, are you aware that they're pushing for only people with working refinery be given license to import fuel? Looks like a monopoly in view, and what the govt has simply done is push the subsidy payments to the consumers as tochi3 rightly stated.
If you have a different view, then by all means present it and refrain from wondering what's in any side of my brain.
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by orisa37: 8:07am On Jun 15, 2023
Please what exactly is the STATUS of NNPC vis a vis other COMPANIES IN NIGERIA NOW?
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by loswhite(m): 8:23am On Jun 15, 2023
franugo:

I will ignore your insult cause it's obvious you're looking for someone to drag into a mudfight and that isn't me..
I believe you were in the country when the Dangote refinery was commissioned to much fanfare and applause nationwide and was actually one of the reasons Nigerians were in support of removing fuel subsidy as we were told that production would start this month i believe, and that the era of depending on fuel imports was over, how is this not a scam?
Also, are you aware that they're pushing for only people with working refinery be given license to import fuel? Looks like a monopoly in view, and what the govt has simply done is push the subsidy payments to the consumers as tochi3 rightly stated.
If you have a different view, then by all means present it and refrain from wondering what's in any side of my brain.
Dangote clearly stated that the refinery will start pumping refined products by July to August. There was no place where he said June they will start supplying. The subsidy removal is done as a result of the burden on the economy and not because Dangote refinery will pump petroleum products this month of June. Dangote actually bought our moribund refinery back in 2007. There was public outcry just like this calling him different names and asking the government to reverse the sale of the refineries. Yar adua listened to ppl like you and he overturned the sale of the refineries and he returned Dangote money back to him. I want to ask you a simple question, since 2007 what has Nigerians that made the outcry back then benefited from those refineries? The refineries collected has been gulping money for turn around maintenence with zero production for almost 15 years but yet no public outcry...lol. Is it not clear that you guys are witches and wizard? Why would you be on the side of marketers that decided to invest in importation rather than local production? Why would a marketer only want to be in the business of importation and you are siding with him? You are obviously demonstrating signs of witchcraft ....lol
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by franugo(m): 9:08am On Jun 15, 2023
loswhite:
Dangote clearly stated that the refinery will start pumping refined products by July to August. There was no place where he said June they will start supplying. The subsidy removal is done as a result of the burden on the economy and not because Dangote refinery will pump petroleum products this month of June. Dangote actually bought our moribund refinery back in 2007. There was public outcry just like this calling him different names and asking the government to reverse the sale of the refineries. Yar adua listened to ppl like you and he overturned the sale of the refineries and he returned Dangote money back to him. I want to ask you a simple question, since 2007 what has Nigerians that made the outcry back then benefited from those refineries? The refineries collected has been gulping money for turn around maintenence with zero production for almost 15 years but yet no public outcry...lol. Is it not clear that you guys are witches and wizard? Why would you be on the side of marketers that decided to invest in importation rather than local production? Why would a marketer only want to be in the business of importation and you are siding with him? You are obviously demonstrating signs of witchcraft ....lol

You're trying to be smart by saying that dangote refinery was not a part of the reasons given for complete subsidy removal. We were promiised that production would commence July (apologies, I thought it was june) but there'll obviously be no production this year for certain. I'm not sure where the 2007 sale of refinery to Dangote entered this discussion cause I agree with you that our refineries have been a complete waste of time, effort and money.
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by loswhite(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
franugo:

You're trying to be smart by saying that Dangote refinery was not a part of the reasons given for complete subsidy removal. We were promised that production would commence July (apologies, I thought it was June) but there'll obviously be no production this year for certain. I'm not sure where the 2007 sale of refinery to Dangote entered this discussion cause I agree with you that our refineries have been a complete waste of time, effort and money.
Dangote refinery was never the reason. If you are president will you spent trillions on naira on fuel subsidy? it is not sustainable. The focus will be to remove subsidy while trying to boost local production. It doesn't matter if it is Dangote Otedola or Any business tribe. The point is boosting local production. The second part is to improve power supply. The marketers are only in Business because of subsidy. I Had to bring 2007 just to show that our focus on Dangote is wrong.
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by Seun(m): 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Make me understand the problem building a refinery near the sea. Aren't the Warri and PH refineries near the sea?
pollution probably
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by legitnow1: 8:52am On Jun 16, 2023
Seun:
pollution probably
Oga Seun, how u dey?

Please, allow me access to hammerdk to be using.

I need a known handle for use whilst posting.

Please!

cc: naptu2
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by legitnow1: 9:15am On Jun 17, 2023
Seun:
pollution probably

SEUN KINDLY RETURN MY MONIKER HAMMERDK

I WILL KEEP ASKING YOU BECAUYSE IT IS IMPORTANT TO ME.

THANK YOU!
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by charlsecy(m): 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2023
ganisucks,
No licence was granted!
Re: NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel by ganisucks(f): 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2023
charlsecy:
ganisucks,
No licence was granted!
That's true. In lala land. Why do you think Sugar Cement man is bringing Bill gates to Nigeria. For the sights and sound?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See Massive Crowd That Welcomed Kwankwaso In Dala Local Government In Kano. Pics / Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) / Oshiomhole Visits Victims Of Accident That Involved His Convoy (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.