Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele (28206 Views)

Minimum Wage: How We Arrived At N200,000 — NLC President / Nationwide Curfew Now 10pm To 4am – FG / Adebo Ogundoyin Becomes Speaker Oyo Assembly At 32 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by Islie: 11:51pm On Jun 13, 2023
We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario, Says Ekiti Central Senator

The Deputy Director General of Akpabio/Barau campagin for Senate President in the 10th National Assembly, Senator Opeyemi Bamidele, has revealed that Senators in camp of eventual winner of the race, Godswill Akpabio, arrived the National Assembly complex at anout 4am on Tuesday to avert what happened in 2015 Senate President election.

LEADERSHIP reports that the 10th National Assembly was inaugurated on Tuesday, June 13, 2023.

Recall that in 2015, Senators-elect loyal to former Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki, kept vigil in the National Assembly Complex to install the former governor of Kwara State as Senate President while other Senators-elect were at the International Conference Center in Abuja to meet with the the President Muhammadu Buhari at the time of inauguration of the 8th National Assembly.

However, speaking at the reception for his swearing-in for a second term in the Senate, Senator Bamidele, who represents Ekiti Central senatorial district of Ekiti State, said that he has not been able to sleep in the last 48 hours in order to ensure the victory of Akpabio as Senate President of the 10th Senate.

According to him, “I have not been able to sleep for the last 48 hours in order to ensure that Senator Godswill Akpabio emerge as Senate President.

“We entered the National Assembly Complex around 4am in order to avert what happened in 2015. The victory wouldn’t have been possible if not for the efforts of the immediate-past Senate President.”

He, therefore, thanked the royal fathers that came from the Ekiti Central Senatorial district for their presence at the reception.

Meanwhile, the immediate-past Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, has described Senator Bamidele as the pillar of the 9th Senate, applauding him for his contributions to nation building in the ninth Senate.

According to him, “from day one, he has been a pillar of my Senate Presidency. We had some few cases that I asked him to handle and he performed excellently.

“We have become a family as we continue another four years in the Senate and beyond.”

Other prominent personalities at the reception were Ajero of Ijero-Ekiti, Adebayo Adewole; Oluyin of Iyin Ekiti, Ajakaye, among others.

https://leadership.ng/we-arrived-national-assembly-at-4am-to-prevent-2015-scenario-says-ekiti-central-senator/

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by N3TRAL: 11:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
grin grin

Give your opponents no chance.

Separation of powers is a good character of democracy but poor synergy amongst the three organs is a recipe for disaster.

The best practice is to foster cooperation between the arms of government to sustain state and policy stability through independent interdependence.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by Penguin2: 12:00am On Jun 14, 2023
The truth is that Tinubu didn’t even do what I was afraid he’d do.

I was already waiting for when Yari would be arrested.

Or alternatively, opposition members will be surreptitiously locked out until election of principal officers is over. But he didn’t do it.

But I guess it’s because he knew that Yari was not acting alone. He had some powerful northern backers and Tinubu and his camp knew. That’s why it was difficult to take him out.

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by helinues: 12:13am On Jun 14, 2023
We are talking about his Excellency Bola Tinubu, the Asiwaju of Lagos, always ahead of any nots ahead

E Fi le fun my president Bola Tinubu

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by tunwumi: 12:23am On Jun 14, 2023
Gbagbo's treatment
Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by muykem: 12:58am On Jun 14, 2023
2015 can never repeat itself under Tinubu. A seasoned politician.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by LeoDeKing: 12:59am On Jun 14, 2023
Penguin2:
The truth is that Tinubu didn’t even do what I was afraid he’d do

Or alternatively, opposition members will be surreptitiously locked out until election of principal officers is over. But he didn’t do it.

But I guess it’s because he knew that Yari was not acting alone. He had some powerful northern backers and Tinubu and his camp knew. That’s why it was difficult to take him out.
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a good man, fear him not.

The person to be afraid of is that Agulu man desperately searching for a manhood that was never missing.

107 Likes 13 Shares

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by chatinent: 1:16am On Jun 14, 2023
I don't really understand. Who are they informing? Their fellow politicians or we who they use as they like?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by Godfullsam(m): 1:25am On Jun 14, 2023
If he likes let him not sleep for the whole week.

Na him Sabi!

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by gare(f): 4:45am On Jun 14, 2023
Penguin2:

is that the right thing to do arrest ? can we ever allow for a free and fair contest in this country, so if he was acting alone eh should be arrested and tomorrow you complain the country is not growing.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:37am On Jun 14, 2023
This game...
Politics is not an emotional game...
It's about lessons..
Learning from and capitalizing on others mistake

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by ayokellany: 6:51am On Jun 14, 2023
Tinubu knew Yari des not have the numbers he was just all noise n scheming to perpetuating Saraki kind of coup where all members will not be in the house to win.

He understands all he need do is allow for free n fair election n that's it.

Penguin2:

13 Likes

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by Racoon(m): 6:59am On Jun 14, 2023
All these shenanigans is for their own political survival and not because of the downtrodden masses suffering their burgeoning lifestyles.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by princeade86(m): 8:00am On Jun 14, 2023
Lol... Fear of Saraki is the beginning of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by Glimpsetv: 8:00am On Jun 14, 2023
Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by WhisperedNoise: 8:01am On Jun 14, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a good man, fear him not.

The person to be afraid of is that Agulu man desperately searching for a manhood that was never missing.
You'll fall ill if you don't mention Obi's name in a day.
Get a life, chief.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by Atarakpa: 8:01am On Jun 14, 2023
Fear of the unknown. Evil man sees his shadow and run away. Awon wèré

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by omoadeleye(m): 8:01am On Jun 14, 2023
Nice
Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by omoredia: 8:01am On Jun 14, 2023
Why are u running scared?
Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by melonsgroup: 8:02am On Jun 14, 2023
My own problem is my house rent was just increased yesterday.....
When am even thinking of how to clear my old debt...

Nairalanders abroad please come to my rescue...

1 Like

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by GloriousGbola: 8:03am On Jun 14, 2023
they should enshrine that move by saraki in the constiution
the bukola backstab maneuver
Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by Rebuke: 8:03am On Jun 14, 2023
Wisdom:

Make sure yhu people start Showing that same seriousness of getting up early to ensure Nigeria is fixed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G6WM1qDRWU

Not only showing seriousness in winning elections but let that same energy be seen whenever there's an issue confronting Nigeria and the people of Nigeria: deprive yhurself sleep to work.

2 Likes

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by saloci9169: 8:03am On Jun 14, 2023
Humm
Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by Mazisimonekpa(m): 8:03am On Jun 14, 2023
It can only happened in the Zoo

Mazi Simon Ekpa
Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by Sunshine34(m): 8:03am On Jun 14, 2023
Whatever you want in this life, just strife hard to get it.
I knew from the beginning the Senate presidency is going to turn out like this.
But that is Democracy. No I'll feelings. But I detest the attitude of some law makers like Tambuwal, Kalu, Abo, this guy's are not loyal. They are betrayals.

4 Likes

Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by marlow1962(m): 8:03am On Jun 14, 2023
Naso
Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by Kajaard: 8:04am On Jun 14, 2023
chatinent:
I don't really understand. Who are they informing? Their fellow politicians or we who they use as they like?

Very good question
Re: We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele by Mazisimonekpa(m): 8:06am On Jun 14, 2023
Penguin2:

you said nothing
Biafra is our home

Mazi Simon Ekpa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate To Scrap N18,500 Minimum Wage / Hameed Ibrahim-Ali And His Entourage Visit Apapa Area Command (Photos) / Nigerians Ask Ganduje To Resign Over November Fresh ‘Bribery Video’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.