Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings (35683 Views)

CNG For Domestic Use / LPG/CNG/PETROL Hybrid Generator Carburator Sale / I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by Eriokanmi: 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
adeememman:

Do you know what 'Diffusion' means. Go and read that and come back to edit your comment. That's what GAZZUZZ was trying to explain in lay man's language.
Do you know that a small spark from switching on the bulb in your kitchen can ignite the leakage of gas in your kitchen and everywhere and everybody go turn fried. Anytime you discover leakage in you home, the first and only vital thing to do is to ventilate. Now outside where the generator will be used must have enough of free air to dissipate the fumes from the generator as well as if there's a leakage. So using gas in an open atmosphere is the safest practice except there are other unhealthy conditions which you're not telling us.
obviously, you didn't read my earlier post. You just made sense by saying the place where your gen would be must be well ventilator. I only tried to sensitize people here on the need to get some education and necessary training before delving into gas usage with their gen, I was not outrightly condemning the initiative.

How many people are as informed as you are? It's not enough to just delve into it without knowing the nitty-gritty of it. You mentioned diffusion so, you seem to be enlightened. I'm sure you must have heard people burn to death by the spark from their generator, positioned close to their homes while the fumes of their I pass my neigbours gen had killed many and the trend never stops.

The onus is on those advertising the gas carburettor to also enlighten potential users, not just marketing it to millions of gullible customers and rake in money while they watch them go into their early graves cos of negligence. Overseas or in countries where they care for their people, people adversity a thing like this could be arrested for not first sensitising people on what they sell before reeling it out. This is Nigeria. Nobody cares, no regulations, nothing in place.

That said...Gas isn't safer than petrol. Who told you it is? I'm a scientist and I do know.this. it's also related to my field in the oil and gas system where we have actively been managing hazardous systems for over 10 years now via the IIoT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
obviously, you didn't read my earlier post. You just made sense by saying the place where your gen would be must be well ventilator. I only tried to sensitize people here on the need to get some education and necessary training before delving into gas usage with their gen, I was not outrightly condemning the initiative.

How many people are as informed as you are? It's not enough to just delve into it without knowing the nitty-gritty of it. You mentioned diffusion so, you seem to be enlightened. I'm sure you must have heard people burn to death by the spark from their generator, positioned close to their homes while the fumes of their I pass my neigbours gen had killed many and the trend never stops.

The onus is on those advertising the gas carburettor to also enlighten potential users, not just marketing it to millions of gullible customers and rake in money while they watch them go into their early graves cos of negligence. Overseas or in countries where they care for their people, people adversity a thing like this could be arrested for not first sensitising people on what they sell before reeling it out. This is Nigeria. Nobody cares, no regulations, nothing in place.

That said...Gas isn't safer than petrol. Who told you it is? I'm a scientist and I do know.this. it's also related to my field in the oil and gas system where we have actively been managing hazardous systems for over 10 years now via the IIoT.

no escuse but who got training on how to use naked flames on gas?

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by adeememman(m): 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:

My aim is not to argue with you but to dissect the information so people can understand the topic. The simple explanation we're trying to justify is that Petrol usage is much more prone to accidental discharge/leakage/explosion/burns than LPG. But aftermath of such accidents is more severe and fatal when LPG is involved than Petrol and this is what you're banking on which is indirectly misleading.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by aieromon(m): 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2023
cybertron88:

If we check well, where u reside might not be more than 500m from a gas plant of petrol station. Leave all these long safety talk. My cylinder has been in my kitchen for more than 10yrs without any issue but fear no go let me keep even 10litres of fuel in my house for one day. Gas is far safer than petrol.

Say no more.

There was a time when kerosene sellers littered everywhere because it was considered "safe". Now we have more gas cylinders inside our homes than outside.

The smart ones have already seen a potential market for a new line of product and services.

Say no more.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by aieromon(m): 5:20pm On Jun 16, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

no escuse but who got training on how to use naked flames on gas?

Any hope for the Parsun 3200DX? I learnt it uses a different LPG kit (MZ175?)

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by skj1377(m): 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2023
I have a 5.5kva gen please is it same procedure. How can I contact you
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
aieromon:

Any hope for the Parsun 3200DX? I learnt it uses a different LPG kit (MZ175?)

Sell the gen, buy compliant one

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
skj1377:
I have a 5.5kva gen please is it same procedure. How can I contact you

Message me 08033910382 I'll guide you
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by jarkbauer: 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2023
Gazzuzz my guy. I don miss you When I come around I will buy you orijin and isiewu.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by okikigsm: 8:50pm On Jun 16, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Sell the gen, buy compliant one

More explanation o this pls. Compliant model?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by aieromon(m): 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2023
okikigsm:

More explanation o this pls. Compliant model?

From my little research, the kits are designed according to Honda engine specifications. 90% of generating sets in-country use the Honda design.

The available kits support carburettor with parts number 168F, 170F, 188F and 190F.
The carburettor size number is situated on the side of the engine block of every generator.

Parsun 3200DX uses a 166/175F carburettor which is a Yamaha spec.

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by kristien4(m): 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2023
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=123782201][/quote]
Ive been using this 3way carburettor since last week... what i realised is this...
1. Its as safe as petrol, maybe safer.. even is there is a leakage as long as its outside ur house ure fine... cos even those cylinder/burner type gas cooker u use indoors, ... the flame wey u dey use cook its a form of controlled leakage too.
2. There is a drop in rpm when u are using lng instead of fuel.. like if ur gen dey carry 50 bulbs on fuel, on lng..might drop to 45 ...etc
3. Generator Sound is lower... runs quieter..
4. Reduced exhaust fumes... i no dey see exhaust smoke at all
5. I use a 3.5kva generator.. on fuel...10litres(5,000naira) run for 8 hrs... on lpg 5kg worked for 8hrs... and i had 1kg left.. approx 4kg for 8hrs.. (thats 2600) at 650perkg
6. The Gen was on about 2000watts load
7. There is a drop in performance when gas don dey finish... like when it was just 1kg left in the tank... the gen was sounding like gas go soon finish for the final 15mins of the last 8hrs.... maybe becos gas pressure has reduced in tank... engine was not steady
8. I feel cng will be a very good alternative especially for those of us in benin where there are CNG stations.
9. I went to confirm today, cng is 110naira/kg..
10. I plan on visiting them on monday to see if my old cng tank i removed from my previous car can be connected to my generator make i take enjoy life at 110naira per kg....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by kristien4(m): 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2023
Forgot to add... one of the apprentice cng technicians said u cant use normal rubber hose like that of gas cylinder for cng, said cng has more pressure and e must be iron pipe... i dont know how true it is tho... got me thinking how person wan take connect iron pipe to this dual carburettor
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by kristien4(m): 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2023
Oga GAZZUZZ, there is on question i wanted to ask... can cng really power generator??, make i no go stress myself for nothing... because 10yrs ago wen i used CNG on my mercedes, it doesn't start the car... you'll have to start the car with fuel, then switch to CNG... i don check the whole youtube...didn't see any CNG/generator combination... all i saw was propane/lpg/lng...which is cooking gas.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by aieromon(m): 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2023
kristien4:
Forgot to add... one of the apprentice cng technicians said u cant use normal rubber hose like that of gas cylinder for cng, said cng has more pressure and e must be iron pipe... i dont know how true it is tho... got me thinking how person wan take connect iron pipe to this dual carburettor

Firman markets the trifuel generator in the US and Canada. Expect to see this flood the market in the coming months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4LEuKBwSIk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUAfrIgFn0Q

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by aieromon(m): 6:38pm On Jun 17, 2023
kristien4:
there is on question i wanted to ask... can cng really power generator??, make i no go stress myself for nothing... because 10yrs ago wen i used CNG on my mercedes, it doesn't start the car... you'll have to start the car with fuel, then switch to CNG... i don check the whole youtube...didn't see any CNG/generator combination... all i saw was propane/lpg/lng...which is cooking gas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-lWwS-PSvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZo2d2kvWn8

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:40pm On Jun 17, 2023
kristien4:

Ive been using this 3way carburettor since last week... what i realised is this...
1. Its as safe as petrol, maybe safer.. even is there is a leakage as long as its outside ur house ure fine... cos even those cylinder/burner type gas cooker u use indoors, ... the flame wey u dey use cook its a form of controlled leakage too.
2. There is a drop in rpm when u are using lng instead of fuel.. like if ur gen dey carry 50 bulbs on fuel, on lng..might drop to 45 ...etc
3. Generator Sound is lower... runs quieter..
4. Reduced exhaust fumes... i no dey see exhaust smoke at all
5. I use a 3.5kva generator.. on fuel...10litres(5,000naira) run for 8 hrs... on lpg 5kg worked for 8hrs... and i had 1kg left.. approx 4kg for 8hrs.. (thats 2600) at 650perkg
6. The Gen was on about 2000watts load
7. There is a drop in performance when gas don dey finish... like when it was just 1kg left in the tank... the gen was sounding like gas go soon finish for the final 15mins of the last 8hrs.... maybe becos gas pressure has reduced in tank... engine was not steady
8. I feel cng will be a very good alternative especially for those of us in benin where there are CNG stations.
9. I went to confirm today, cng is 110naira/kg..
10. I plan on visiting them on monday to see if my old cng tank i removed from my previous car can be connected to my generator make i take enjoy life at 110naira per kg....

searching for CNG here in Lagos too

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2023
aieromon:

Firman markets the trifuel generator in the US and Canada. Expect to see this flood the market in the coming months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4LEuKBwSIk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUAfrIgFn0Q

Omo Igbo will be forced to sell original for the first few months, before the clones will hit the streets

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by aieromon(m): 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

searching for CNG here in Lagos too

Try NIPCO opposite MFM Prayer City, Ibafo.

You lead, we follow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by okikigsm: 8:53pm On Jun 17, 2023
aieromon:

From my little research, the kits are designed according to Honda engine specifications. 90% of generating sets in-country use the Honda design.

The available kits support carburettor with parts number 168F, 170F, 188F and 190F.
The carburettor size number is situated on the side of the engine block of every generator.

Parsun 3200DX uses a 166/175F carburettor which is a Yamaha spec.

Thanks
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2023
aieromon:

Try NIPCO opposite MFM Prayer City, Ibafo.

You lead, we follow.

You are the 3nd person telling me. I will go there with a gas cylinder to see if they will sell
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by crestedaguiyi: 11:43pm On Jun 17, 2023
How do you switch back to pms from lpg.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2023
crestedaguiyi:
How do you switch back to pms from lpg.

turn off the gas. Open the fuel tap, start the gen
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by crestedaguiyi: 11:48pm On Jun 17, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

turn off the gas. Open the fuel tap, start the gen

It didn't work for me instead, fuel was dripping out from under the dual fuel carburetor
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by kristien4(m): 11:51pm On Jun 17, 2023
crestedaguiyi:

It didn't work for me instead, fuel was dripping out from under the dual fuel carburetor
it has a shut off lever...use it
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by moneyest(m): 12:49am On Jun 18, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

You are the 3nd person telling me. I will go there with a gas cylinder to see if they will sell

Cng cylinder or lpg cylinder?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:52am On Jun 18, 2023
crestedaguiyi:

Faulty carburettor
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by gbadexy(m): 10:45am On Jun 18, 2023
The dual carburator consume more fuel when used with petrol.
The carburator looks much bigger than the one that came with the generator.
Just switched it fully to gas and used for 2 hours.
I will observe the rate of consumption by Monday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:44am On Jun 18, 2023
gbadexy:
The dual carburator consume more fuel when used with petrol.
The carburator looks much bigger than the one that came with the generator.
Just switched it fully to gas and used for 2 hours.
I will observe the rate of consumption by Monday.

Tune up the carb, there are settings to ensure it runs optimally .

The pic below is the adjuster for fuel to air ratio.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by kristien4(m): 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

i just found my cng tank with cng gas in it.. its outlet is high pressure... i need to get hight pressure hose or something to connect to the generator. Any suggestions..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2023
Just got this shocking video from a client who did not follow instructions.

Please use the low pressure gas regulators only

This direct valve should never be used .

It will damage the carburetor

And it will cause a gas leak.

It will not start.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:14pm On Jun 18, 2023
kristien4:
i just found my cng tank with cng gas in it.. its outlet is high pressure... i need to get hight pressure hose or something to connect to the generator. Any suggestions..

You need to drop the pressure to about 2.75kPa please.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can The Iphone 15 Pro Max Price Buy Any Car In Nigeria? - Carmart.ng / NGK Spark Plugs and KYB Shock Absorber. / Get Authentic Custom Document For Your Cotonou Vehicles Within 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.