Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 (4270 Views)

Nigerian Man Gives A Tour Of ‘five Star’ Graveyard Where He Works In Italy / A Tour Of New Afrika Shrine To See Fela Kuti's Bedroom And Belongings (video) / Pls Is My Euro 2020 Travel Ticket Genuine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 7:02am On Jun 14, 2023
Having missed Europe a bit, I decided to do a Summer tour this year.

Planned Places to Visit:
1 - Paris, France.
2 - Amsterdam, Holland.
3 - Berlin Germany.
4- Zurich, Switzerland.
5 - Rome, Italy.
6 - Madrid, Spain
7 - Back to Paris
8 - Lagos.

All this Journeys will be with Fast Trains since I chose to see the countrysides and landscapes instead of flying over them, flights such as easyjet and Ryan Air are actually cheaper than the trains, but the amazing views of Southern Switzerland & Northern Italy mountains shouldn't be missed for anything.

The only flying I am doing within Europe is just Rome to Madrid because it's towards the end of the tour and I will be getting tired already.

Items with me: A 20kg bag containing my Laptop, my Herman Kardon Indoor Speaker, Travel Documents, Dollar prepaid card, Euro prepaid card and of course physical cash to show them you can take care of your self.

Brace up for the Journey as you will think you traveled with me from youe home

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 7:09am On Jun 14, 2023
This tour was planned all the way back from Lagos. All apartments and hotels were secured through Booking.com.

All travels were secured through

Thalys app.

bahn.de app(German Train system)

Omio app (Amazing third party app that has answers to every travel plan)

Trenitalia app

And of course Air France app for Lagos to Paris and Back to Lagos.

Like I said, I have things planned out before stepping out of my house in Lagos to the Murtala Muhammed Airfield.

26 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 7:25am On Jun 14, 2023
On the 5th of June, I took my family out to a Chinese restaurant to atleast bribe them to allow me have the vacation alone. I didn't want them to go through the obvious stress I was going to witness.

Sometimes we have to make sure everybody is on the same page and agreement before taking decisions. That's a guarantee to a happy relationship. Just find a way to balance things up, there is always a way.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 7:27am On Jun 14, 2023
I left Lagos around 11:10 pm on the 5th to Paris through Air France.
Landed in Paris on the early hours of June 6th and proceeded to the Apartment I booked in the Nanterre area of Paris for 2 nights.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 7:39am On Jun 14, 2023
Since I landed on the early hours, I decided to do a tour of Paris same day.
I planned to visit many countries, therefore resting much was not an option.
But first I needed to charge my gadgets. Since their sockets are different from the UK, I went out to get one first. Then I proceeded to the Champse Ellyse area where everything happens in Paris.

When i got the Eifel Tower, I rented a Ferrari to do my around Paris tour for an hour at 200 Euros. I didn't want to drive the car myself for some personal reasons, so I rented a driver for extra 50 Euros.

I also did some pictures around and felt I needed to move to Amsterdam the next morning. Made few efforts for apartment management to refund me for one day I was not going to stay but didn't succeeded, that's was 120 dollars lost.
But we move

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 8:06am On Jun 14, 2023
DAY 2- AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS.
I booked a Thalys fast Train ticket from their App and took a cab to Gare du Nord train station in Paris.
I was going to Amsterdam on 7th since there was not much to do in Paris anymore. I was going to return to Paris before going back to Lagos anyway, so I figured it was better to start moving to other countries.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Alvin212(m): 9:43am On Jun 14, 2023
Good one

2 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 9:45am On Jun 14, 2023
The first thing I did before leaving Lagos was to buy an international esim card called holafly. From my research the unlimited data covers the entire Europe, which means I don't need to buy a sim card at all throughout the tour. Since I planned to stay 2 weeks, I purchased 15 days unlimited package at 47 US dollars.
Since it does not allow hotspot function, I purchased two packages for my two mobile phones. I knew I was going to get wifi in hotels etc, but like I said, I was really prepared for the tour.
So i have Internet everywhere I go, in the trains, parks, cars, etc. I was really connected.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Maria96: 10:01am On Jun 14, 2023
cool
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Zealoy(m): 11:40am On Jun 14, 2023
Chai some people dey actually chop this life o

20 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Lungdick: 11:48am On Jun 14, 2023
I'd like to ask a questiond. I'm sorry if it's derailing your thread.

Do you have dual nationality? If no, did you use your nigerian passport for the euro-tour??

3 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by CrownOfClay724: 11:52am On Jun 14, 2023
🤔🙁🙁
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Enddy50ty(m): 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2023
Some people shaa get this money 💴 extra in excess…

4 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by PerfectStranger(m): 1:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
cool
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Juoflife1(f): 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2023
Following!
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Sweetvie: 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2023
cool
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2023
I arrived Amsterdam with the THALYS fast train via Brussels Belgium. I did not bother to alight and take a look at old Belgium because it was never part of the plan. I had only two weeks to tour around, therefore some countries were just going to be drive by.

Amsterdam was as it has always been from my old days living there, calm, organised and everyone minding his business.
I arrived at the Amsterdam Central Station, took a picture with the Train Driver since I was at the first Class Cabin close to him, (I booked all my tickets with the First Class Cabins though). My hotel was at the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS near the Johann Cruff Arena, so i took a taxi and went there .

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 9:06pm On Jun 14, 2023
First order of the day was to call a friend to order for Naija swallow food. I guess I started missing it faster than I wanted. He ordered the food and invited me to his house for it. After that we went to the Amsterdamspoort where we met with a friend from Lagos who was also on a vacation in Europe. As a matter of fact, he was the reason I left Paris earlier than planned because he was going to the UK the following day.
After exchanging greetings and having a few Heinekens, we all returned to our hotels and prepared for the evening outing, we were going to see the RED LIGHT DISTRICT of Amsterdam.

24 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by HRprof: 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
ZUBY77:
First order of the day was to call a friend to order for Naija swallow food. I guess I started missing it faster than I wanted. He ordered the food and invited me to his house for it. After that we went to the Amsterdamspoort where we met with a friend from Lagos who was also on a vacation in Europe. As a matter of fact, he was the reason I left Paris earlier than planned because he was going to the UK the following day.
After exchanging greetings and having a few Heinekens, we all returned to our hotels and prepared for the evening outing, we were going to see the RED LIGHT DISTRICT of Amsterdam.
Are you Looking for Olosho at the bolded

2 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Investorbj: 8:22am On Jun 15, 2023
Ozoigbiondu 1 of worldwide. Happy to read your stories once again

13 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by winetapper: 9:25am On Jun 15, 2023
Investorbj:
Ozoigbiondu 1 of worldwide. Happy to read your stories once again
the man is a legend cool

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Caleb15(m): 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2023
Clear the aisle! Clear the aisle!! People want to pass
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by youngking22(m): 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
Zuby is back, missed your thread. Glad you have your own family now.

5 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by eyezik3(m): 2:54am On Jun 16, 2023
Ozoigbodu 1, Zuby the great.. Anyway nice family you got there I’m happy for you.
Hope your woman is not a NL make she no come Dey read all your sexcapades in the tour😁
But I believe you have change boss, nice reading your thread once again I’ve been a follower since there and back on time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 8:30am On Jun 16, 2023
Evening of the same day, we went to the red light district of Amsterdam, the soddom and Gomorrah of modern Earth. This is where you see male prostitutes displaying their wares in the open. Female prostitutes from all over the world too littered their showcases with red lights trying to lure people to patronize them. Unfortunately the Red Light has become a major landmark in Amsterdam that if you are a tourist, there are 90% chances you will end up there. It is not necessary that you patronize them, I did not, but there are other activities that you can attend. There are strip clubs all over the place, there are live-sexxx clubs where you pay some money and watch live sexxx.
People from all over the world gather there to have fun.

There will not be pictures for this one.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 8:35am On Jun 16, 2023
I did not leave Amsterdam the following day as it was time to do the actual tourism. I went online, booked a boat tour through the canals. Lots of foreigners were with me but I happened to be the only African there. It made the atmosphere a bit awkward for me but then I hardly care for such things. White kids would occasionally glance at the odd man sitting alone, pretending to be having fun like everyone else but the truth is that such things is always better when we have someone to talk and analyse each landmark passed through.

We sailed thought the canal waters passing through landmarks such as the old Diamond house, Museums etc. The funny captain explained each landmark in English as we got to the end and turned back. It took an hour to round up. I want satisfied, so I bought a double decker bus tour and joined them. We drove around the City as well before I returned to my Hotel. In the evening, I went to the Amsterdamslpoort to see some old friends and share some drinks.
I aready decided that I was not going tk sleep in anybody's house all through the tour. I made all arrangements of Accomodation through Bookings.com and AirBnB before going to the city.
I was going going to Berlin Germany the following morning, so I left the gathering around 10pm and returned to the hotel. Note that at this period of the year, the sun is up around 5am in Europe and still up there around 8pm.

16 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ednut1(m): 11:18am On Jun 16, 2023
ZUBY77:
Evening of the same day, we went to the red light district of Amsterdam, the soddom and Gomorrah of modern Earth. This is where you see male prostitutes displaying their wares in the open. Female prostitutes from all over the world too littered their showcases with red lights trying to lure people to patronize them. Unfortunately the Red Light has become a major landmark in Amsterdam that if you are a tourist, there are 90% chances you will end up there. It is not necessary that you patronize them, I did not, but there are other activities that you can attend. There are strip clubs all over the place, there are live-sexxx clubs where you pay some money and watch live sexxx.
People from all over the world gather there to have fun.

There will not be pictures for this one.
😡😡

3 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by sammirano: 11:24am On Jun 16, 2023
good
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Hydriss(m): 12:27pm On Jun 16, 2023
ednut1:
😡😡
grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by joeytoronto1: 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2023
Looks like a lot of fun. That food looks delicious!
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
The tour is currently ongoing. That's the reason for slow updates.
Two days ago was Rome/Vatican , yesterday was Santiago Bernabau ( Real Madrid Stadium)and today was Madrid in General. Will return to Paris tomorrow in preparation for return to Lagos. I will have time to post much more updates.

10 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2023
ednut1:
😡😡

Lol, what do you want to see?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jos: I Want To Know More About This City. / Pls Advise Me / Fuoye Travelling Cost From Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.