Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 (4271 Views)

Nigerian Man Gives A Tour Of β€˜five Star’ Graveyard Where He Works In Italy / A Tour Of New Afrika Shrine To See Fela Kuti's Bedroom And Belongings (video) / Pls Is My Euro 2020 Travel Ticket Genuine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Cityboy123: 11:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
ZUBY77:
I did not leave Amsterdam the following day as it was time to do the actual tourism. I went online, booked a boat tour through the canals. Lots of foreigners were with me but I happened to be the only African there. It made the atmosphere a bit awkward for me but then I hardly care for such things. White kids would occasionally glance at the odd man sitting alone, pretending to be having fun like everyone else but the truth is that such things is always better when we have someone to talk and analyse each landmark passed through.

We sailed thought the canal waters passing through landmarks such as the old Diamond house, Museums etc. The funny captain explained each landmark in English as we got to the end and turned back. It took an hour to round up. I want satisfied, so I bought a double decker bus tour and joined them. We drove around the City as well before I returned to my Hotel. In the evening, I went to the Amsterdamslpoort to see some old friends and share some drinks.
I aready decided that I was not going tk sleep in anybody's house all through the tour. I made all arrangements of Accomodation through Bookings.com and AirBnB before going to the city.
I was going going to Berlin Germany the following morning, so I left the gathering around 10pm and returned to the hotel. Note that at this period of the year, the sun is up around 5am in Europe and still up there around 8pm.

Which app do you use to book tours?

3 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by odinga1of: 2:13am On Jun 17, 2023
Lungdick:
I'd like to ask a questiond. I'm sorry if it's derailing your thread.

Do you have dual nationality? If no, did you use your nigerian passport for the euro-tour??

U see everyone ignored your question!

Who doesn't know the "The Great Ozoigbondu 1 of Berlin ?

Someone that has been travelling all over Europe since 2002, u dey ask irrelevant questions.

Nor be only Dual Citizenship, Thrice Citizenship him get cheesy

8 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Chicent(m): 6:14am On Jun 17, 2023
She asked an humble question... If you don't have answers you pass... BTW the question was for zuby... Be civil

odinga1of:

Someone that has been travelling all over Europe since 2002, u dey ask irrelevant questions.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Chicent(m): 6:16am On Jun 17, 2023
Yes he used his Nigerian passport beçause he has been travelling before now... So with your good cash you are good to go.

Lungdick:

Do you have dual nationality? If no, did you use your nigerian passport for the euro-tour??

2 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 6:17am On Jun 17, 2023
Cityboy123:

Which app do you use to book tours?

Too many of them. Do Google search

2 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Lungdick: 6:33am On Jun 17, 2023
odinga1of:

before you comment, did you check the year my account was created

i asked because i don't know it, so what happened to "we keep learning everyday

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Lungdick: 6:36am On Jun 17, 2023
Chicent:
Yes he used his Nigerian passport beçause he has been travelling before now... So with your good cash you are good to go.

thanks God bless you. I've been wondering how it possible to shuffle between those european countries.

i'm a newbie. Thanks anyway.

4 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by odinga1of: 9:30am On Jun 17, 2023
Chicent:
She asked an humble question... If you don't have answers you pass... BTW the question was for zuby... Be civil

Eyaaaa don't be mad! One love, my comment was borne out of fun, not really insulting the guy

3 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by odinga1of: 9:33am On Jun 17, 2023
Lungdick:

before you comment, did you check the year my account was created

i asked because i don't know it, so what happened to "we keep learning everyday

I did not insult you bro, u will see a smile emoji. I was just been sarcastic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Lungdick: 9:36am On Jun 17, 2023
odinga1of:

I did not insult you bro, u will see a smile emoji. I was just been sarcastic.
lol... No vey jhare. I still de learn naani
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by odinga1of: 10:15am On Jun 17, 2023
Lungdick:

lol... No vey jhare. I still de learn naani

One love bro! Glad u understand my point

1 Like

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by pansophist(m): 2:11pm On Jun 17, 2023
Lungdick:

All the countries he visited are in the Schengen zone, so with a Schengen visa (eg a visa from Spain), you can travel within the EU visa free, and also outside the EU to some countries.

So one doesn't need to have dual citizenship to travel free within Europe, but a visa will do.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by pansophist(m): 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2023
Sweet. Enjoy your holiday. You're travelling at the right time, it's almost summer already. If na winter you do this journey, you go cry. The winter darkness alone go spoil everything.

8 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Lungdick: 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2023
pansophist:

All the countries he visited are in the Schengen zone, so with a Schengen visa (eg a visa from Spain), you can travel within the EU visa free, and also outside the EU to some countries.

So one doesn't need to have dual citizenship to travel free within Europe, but a visa will do.

oh! This explains it all. Thanks for the clear response.
hearing this for the first time. Will definitely read more about it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by seguno2: 4:48pm On Jun 17, 2023
Chicent:

Excellent, measured and courteous response.
Stay blessed sir.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by drpat1: 9:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
ZUBY77:
I arrived Amsterdam with the THALYS fast train via Brussels Belgium. I did not bother to alight and take a look at old Belgium because it was never part of the plan. I had only two weeks to tour around, therefore some countries were just going to be drive by.

Amsterdam was as it has always been from my old days living there, calm, organised and everyone minding his business.
I arrived at the Amsterdam Central Station, took a picture with the Train Driver since I was at the first Class Cabin close to him, (I booked all my tickets with the First Class Cabins though). My hotel was at the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS near the Johann Cruff Arena, so i took a taxi and went there .

One small boy said 9ja people dey inside hell.

Fijne vakantie!
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Mide3367: 8:36pm On Jun 20, 2023
ZUBY77:
This tour was planned all the way back from Lagos. All apartments and hotels were secured through Booking.com.

All travels were secured through

Thalys app.

bahn.de app(German Train system)

Omio app (Amazing third party app that has answers to every travel plan)

Trenitalia app

And of course Air France app for Lagos to Paris and Back to Lagos.

Like I said, I have things planned out before stepping out of my house in Lagos to the Murtala Muhammed [s]Airfield[/s]. Na airport sir..
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Mide3367: 8:39pm On Jun 20, 2023
ZUBY77:
The first thing I did before leaving Lagos was to buy an international esim card called holafly. From my research the unlimited data covers the entire Europe, which means I don't need to buy a sim card at all throughout the tour. Since I planned to stay 2 weeks, I purchased 15 days unlimited package at 47 US dollars.
Since it does not allow hotspot function, I purchased two packages for my two mobile phones. I knew I was going to get wifi in hotels etc, but like I said, I was really prepared for the tour.
So i have Internet everywhere I go, in the trains, parks, cars, etc. I was really connected.
i hope the unlimited no get cap?
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Babalakin(m): 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2023
ZUBY77 how far laa angry😜
Kwom update us oo
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
Two days in Amsterdam and I was done. I already booked ICE (Inter City Express) train ticket from Amsterdam to Berlin Germany.
Back in the hotel, I kept myself busy with a bottle of original Jack Daniel's. I have missed the stuff a lot, not that I don't see them in Nigeria but I am afraid to drink or eat some stuff back home. Our people are usually more interested in making profits rather than importing original things.

At about 10 am, I checked out of the hotel, trecked to the Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena Train Station and boarded my train to Berlin. It was going to be a long ride, so booked first Klass earlier.

Sitting near the window, I observed the entire landscape along the way. Summer was just starting, the grass and trees were too beautiful.

It didn't take much time to cross to Germany since Holland is a small Country. From the border, the Deutschland became familiar. The memories started coming back. Germany was the first country I lived in Europe. As we got to Oberhausen Train Station, I recalled that it was the first City I lived for a week when I nearly arrived in Germany. It was there that my Globalruns Journey started.

I arrived Berlin around 4 pm and headed straight to IBIS HOTEL in Ku'dam area near the Berlin Zoo Garden. I booked an apartment in Neukoln area back from Nigeria but since I arrived a day earlier, I had to get a hotel room for a night. I chose to go to Berlin because that was the city I lived in and operated from back in 2004/5. Berlin was where I had many friends, it was very easy to chose Berlin. Berlin is the capital of Germany too.

After I settled down, I made few calls and an hour later, few people were already waiting for me in the hotel reception. It was time to go look around town.

To understand things better, you may wish to start reading my book here.
https://www.nairaland.com/1333913/there-back-time-nairaland-best

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by isArray: 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2023
ZUBY77:
Two days in Amsterdam and I was done. I already booked ICE (Inter City Express) train ticket from Amsterdam to Berlin Germany.
Back in the hotel, I kept myself busy with a bottle of original Jack Daniel's. I have missed the stuff a lot, not that I don't see them in Nigeria but I am afraid to drink or eat some stuff back home. Our people are usually more interested in making profits rather than importing original things.

At about 10 am, I checked out of the hotel, trecked to the Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena Train Station and boarded my train to Berlin. It was going to be a long ride, so booked first Klass earlier.

Sitting near the window, I observed the entire landscape along the way. Summer was just starting, the grass and trees were too beautiful.

It didn't take much time to cross to Germany since Holland is a small Country. From the border, the Deutschland became familiar. The memories started coming back. Germany was the first country I lived in Europe. As we got to Oberhausen Train Station, I recalled that it was the first City I lived for a week when I nearly arrived in Germany. It was there that my Globalruns Journey started.

I arrived Berlin around 4 pm and headed straight to IBIS HOTEL in Ku'dam area near the Berlin Zoo Garden. I booked an apartment in Neukoln area back from Nigeria but since I arrived a day earlier, I had to get a hotel room for a night. I chose to go to Berlin because that was the city I lived in and operated from back in 2004/5. Berlin was where I had many friends, it was very easy to chose Berlin. Berlin is the capital of Germany too.

After I settled down, I made few calls and an hour later, few people were already waiting for me in the hotel reception. It was time to go look around town.

To understand things better, you may wish to start reading my book here.
https://www.nairaland.com/1333913/there-back-time-nairaland-best
Berlin central station πŸ”₯

2 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2023
Berlin was the only place I decided to sleep for three nights. Having lived there in the last, I had many friends to see. News already circulated in town that I was In town. Everyone wants to see me, especially the street guys. I was one of them but i left long ago. From the time I left them, I have lived in Portugal, France, Amsterdam, China and few more countries. I have also visited numerous countries such as Russia During World Cup in 2018, Cameroun During the last African Cup of Nations, Kenya, Zanzibar, Ghana on numerous occasions, Dubai, Qatar during the last world cup and more places I can't remember right now. I have literally been around the globe. But these guys are still in same Berlin, same street, same park they have been selling weeds.

I decided to visit one of the parks in a Friday. They were there, all surprised to see me. Most looking unkempt, still with their weeds, looking for white kids. I just took pictures, bought about four Hennessy Bottles and some meat, then took an Uber to meet some other people.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by TemplarLandry: 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2023
How's your daughter? The one you had with a Ghanaian lady? Is she still in the U.K?
ZUBY77:
On the 5th of June, I took my family out to a Chinese restaurant to atleast bribe them to allow me have the vacation alone. I didn't want them to go through the obvious stress I was going to witness.

Sometimes we have to make sure everybody is on the same page and agreement before taking decisions. That's a guarantee to a happy relationship. Just find a way to balance things up, there is always a way.

2 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Xiaohei(m): 1:41am On Jun 26, 2023
Zuby on the beat. I’ve always been a fan on Zuby’s since tey tey! If you big, you big! Zuby no be person mate for travel. I do travel myself but I see person wey pass me. So I must prostrate flat!

4 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by SuperOnyi: 7:13am On Jun 28, 2023
shocked

Mr Zuby, one of my favorite nairalander of all time β€” I'm glad you've got your own family and living the best life.

Much respect, my man.

1 Like

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Arinze624: 8:58am On Jul 01, 2023
Bro, you've lived, and still Leaving your best life.
If I'm in your shoes, I think it won't size me.

3 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Arinze624: 9:01am On Jul 01, 2023
ZUBY77:
Berlin was the only place I decided to sleep for three nights. Having lived there in the last, I had many friends to see. News already circulated in town that I was In town. Everyone wants to see me, especially the street guys. I was one of them but i left long ago.
How about Agnes the lady you cried for?
And her children, most especially the one she had for John bighead grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by Emma2Seconds: 10:38am On Jul 01, 2023
smiley
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by rinzylee(m): 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2023
@ZUBY77

please how do I get the password to the conclusion of Season 7 or even the whole story?
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by ZUBY77(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2023
rinzylee:
@ZUBY77

please how do I get the password to the conclusion of Season 7 or even the whole story?

I am redeveloping the site. small time
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by rinzylee(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2023
ZUBY77:

No wahala. Take your time.

You described a couple of close events and persons to me.

Cheers!!
Re: My Euro Tour Of Summer 2023 by SuperOnyi: 11:30pm On Jul 21, 2023
ZUBY77:

shocked

I was frustrated out of there, it even showed that I was banned.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jos: I Want To Know More About This City. / Pls Advise Me / Fuoye Travelling Cost From Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.