Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 (22090 Views)

Ibom Air Acquires New Aircraft, Fleet Number Increases To 4 / Bus Fare From Osun State (ile Ife) To Lagos / Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by SalamRushdie: 9:51am On Jun 14, 2023
MorataFC:
Still reasonable...
...but the part that customers will N25 per minute is a no-no for me.
How will this be calculated in a holdup?

Uber has never been 25 Naira per minute , it means a two hour ride will just be 4500
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by kingthreat(m): 10:08am On Jun 14, 2023
SavageResponse:

Those ones will also increase their fares

True but if they are wise, they will capitalize on their low fares to get more customers.
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by worksmart(m): 10:13am On Jun 14, 2023
This is not the concern of the average Nigerian.

How much is the price of garri and price of buses or keke?
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by lavylilly: 10:14am On Jun 14, 2023
Try DRIVEINHUD ASAP

A great way to ease the pain of the increased fuel price is ride sharing.

Driveinhub is a Ride Sharing app for all to ease the high cost of transportation.

Driveinhub- Ride Sharing & Multi-Purpose App

𝑫𝒐𝒘𝒏𝒍𝒐𝒂𝒅 𝑵𝒐𝒘:
App Store [https://apps.apple.com/us/app/driveinhud/id6447472979?platform=iphone]

Google Play store: [https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.charpell.driveinhud]
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by Nlkay(m): 10:23am On Jun 14, 2023
adioolayi:
Atleast...better than the 200% insane increase the drivers are advocating for...

I don't understand how they expect Uber to yield to such advise, when their own profit is hinged on numbers of rides booked per day..

200% increase will definitely drive commuters away and less profit for Uber...

Uber is not compulsory for drivers...

If the profit margin is not enough...

Stop being their driver.

I disagree with you. The pump price increase is more than 200%. That's the reason they are requesting for such. It's logical and simple. We will adjust. It's a matter of time. How do you want them to maintain their vehicles. The hailing companies are the ones to be blamed for not adhering to their plight because it's modern day slavery on their drivers. The increment should reflect the same percentage increment on pump prices.
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by prophetfire: 10:33am On Jun 14, 2023
MorataFC:
Still reasonable...
It will be counting as when in normal movement. If you don't like it, go to court. After all you were sitting inside the car in the hold up.
And just to let you know, my wife is a high court judge. So you know your fate is already determined.
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by JuanDeDios: 10:52am On Jun 14, 2023
MorataFC:
Still reasonable...
That's why you pay more when there's holdup. Per minute billing has always been applied.
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by Fedrams: 10:55am On Jun 14, 2023
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by marksleek2584(m): 10:55am On Jun 14, 2023
smiley
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by obi2eze: 10:56am On Jun 14, 2023
grin

Renewed Shege reloaded. Helinues and leodeking will have theirs at 50 naira.
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by uuzba(m): 10:57am On Jun 14, 2023
Enddy50ty:
Just watch how the price of bicycle will skyrocket now because of all these.
Was bicycle cheap before?
I bought one used bicycle for N26,000 in 2018 or so.
Since then, I've spent like N100,000 total to repair and maintain it.
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by femmoy(m): 10:59am On Jun 14, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
I love this suffering

If not for tribalism when Jonathan removed subsidy that was the best time because things were cheap.
But hell no they ruined the plan because of tribalism
Now tinubu remove it despite the high cost of things nobody came out to protest
Nlc north and nlc south west says they won't participate in the protest

Lets see where tribalism will lead us to
Ya all know the funny thing price of fuel will never come down and dangote refinery will never refine anything not now not even two years coming

I'm beginning to dislike some of your comments.
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by Ykc2(m): 11:00am On Jun 14, 2023
Sunshine34:
That is the reality on ground, but Uber should roll out Electric car or change to gas, 90 percent of Europe and Asian Taxi are using gas not Petro, This is the Time to get it right not continue managing. Look for cheaper cars to run your business
where will they charge the battery?
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by adioolayi(m): 11:17am On Jun 14, 2023
Nlkay:

I disagree with you. The pump price increase is more than 200%. That's the reason they are requesting for such. It's logical and simple. We will adjust. It's a matter of time. How do you want them to maintain their vehicles. The hailing companies are the ones to be blamed for not adhering to their plight because it's modern day slavery on their drivers. The increment should reflect the same percentage increment on pump prices.

Unfortunately, Uber and Bolt are logical investors...they won't agree to such.

Have you seen anywhere in Nigeria right now where transportation is even 100% increase, not to talk about 200% these drivers are requesting

The answer is simple...you increase by such margin and commuters stay away from you
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by georgeakins: 12:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
I love this suffering

If not for tribalism when Jonathan removed subsidy that was the best time because things were cheap.
But hell no they ruined the plan because of tribalism
Now tinubu remove it despite the high cost of things nobody came out to protest
Nlc north and nlc south west says they won't participate in the protest

Lets see where tribalism will lead us to
Ya all know the funny thing price of fuel will never come down and dangote refinery will never refine anything not now not even two years coming

You no dey shame?

GEJ has moved on.
Ijaw nation has moved on.

Only Ibos are still wailing about GEJ administration, just to give impression that they love the man.

Ibos took advantage of his weakness to hijack his govt.
The same Ibos messed up his administration.
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by georgeakins: 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
RingRoadMafia:

But when Jonathan removed it few years ago your people marched the streets and labelled him all sorts. Fuel was going to sell for 180/ltr had Jona been allowed to remove it when he wanted to. This same Thiefnubuu that is president today also marched in protest of its removal. Hypocrites.

Ibos ruined Jonathan govt.

Stop wailing?
GEJ has moved on.
Ijaw nation has moved on.
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by Prayfortheworld: 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2023
femmoy:

I'm beginning to dislike some of your comments.
Wether you dislike or like is the bitter truth
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by shonepa(m): 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2023
N25 is not much.....holdup na norms for Lagos, if e no pay u, enta danfo. No be by force.

Na Nigerian mentality be say na d rich dey use Ride share. Meanwhile na if u fit afford am.

Keke, korope and d likes seff don increase price....if people no fit afford am, make dem go buy bicycle or rather make dem leg am....Na today

MorataFC:
Still reasonable...
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by blackgold2018(m): 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2023
adioolayi:
Atleast...better than the 200% insane increase the drivers are advocating for...

I don't understand how they expect Uber to yield to such advise, when their own profit is hinged on numbers of rides booked per day..

200% increase will definitely drive commuters away and less profit for Uber...

Uber is not compulsory for drivers...

If the profit margin is not enough...

Stop being their driver.

you are really a fool..

Poor thing.
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by lifenajeje(m): 1:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
Sunshine34:
That is the reality on ground, but Uber should roll out Electric car or change to gas, 90 percent of Europe and Asian Taxi are using gas not Petro, This is the Time to get it right not continue managing. Look for cheaper cars to run your business

Good day

Are gas powered vehicle cheaper as compared to fuel.

How about safety ..I e..gas leaks , explosions

Please enlighten me as I need to know
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by nairalanda1(m): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

see this stupid guy were you not among those hailing buhari? so you are supporting Buhari before because of Tinubu knowing fully well Buhari is not competent.. You are a very useless youth..I don't think you can go far I life with your useless mentality and mindset..Great men are principled and well orchestrated..well but smart people use unstable human being like you to achieve their dream and that is one of the difference between a leader and a follower

Keep crying.....subsidy has gone. cheesy
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by Owaincouncil: 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2023
sonogo:

Poor soul you suppose get your own car and take shorter routes

Pele. Miserable Uber driver.
It's not all who patronize Uber that do not have car. Atimes, situation will allow you to take uber.
It is not every post you must put your mouth to if you don't have anything meaningful to say.
Re: Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 by freezyprinzy(m): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
Sunshine34:
yen yen yen yen. Do you know how much electric cars cost?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Tanker Crashes And Burns In Aba, Properties Destroyed. PICS / InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In / COVID-19: 40 Lagos Returnees Intercepted In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.