Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 14th June 2023 Live Court Updates - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 14th June 2023 Live Court Updates (29565 Views)

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates / Tinubu Vs Peter Obi: 8th June 2023 Live Court Updates / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 14th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 7:59am On Jun 15, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Sometimes I just hate arguing with you because you derail in bringing the real substance.
Here below was what the tribunal judge said in their judgement delivery.
"The tribunal held that the governorship election was characterised by over-voting. It said after deducting the excessive votes, the figure Mr Adeleke polled came down to 290,666: lower than the 314,921 polled by Mr Oyetola. The tribunal, thus, ordered that Mr Oyetola should be returned as governor of Osun State.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/578183-updated-osun-tribunal-sacks-adeleke-declares-oyetola-governor.html%23:~:text%3DThe%2520tribunal%2520held%2520that%2520the,as%2520governor%2520of%2520Osun%2520State.&ved=2ahUKEwiS9bjB0MT_AhUOecAKHf91D0wQFnoECBEQBQ&usg=AOvVaw1hOG_1HUfSBHlSg6KOAZm8

The case brought to tribunal by Oyetola was purely over voting but you're now claiming the case was about accreditation and over voting. My brother the case happened this year and not last year and you've started mixing up issue.
Again, you cannot claim which one is easier between being a plaintiff and a respondent, it all depend on the fact of the case. Except you want to tell me that all cases took to court, respondents always win the case. The fact of the case sometimes render respondent off feet. So forget which one is easier or not.

On the issue of tendering a blurred documents by LP that would be decided by the tribunal judge, if there is merit in the case or not. If I may remind you, the INEC certified those documents to be theirs. Why would INEC certified them if it knows it was blurred and how about sheets with no traceable LGA, taking to cognizance that all result sheets have lines for state, LGA, even name of polling unit? Why would result sheets not bear the details? Something is fishing my brother.

He's not worth the energy and time,trust me.

Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 14th June 2023 Live Court Updates by SwissMass: 8:00am On Jun 15, 2023
searchlight:
When will your father take over? Abi he go serve till he die?
you think everyone is from your disappointed and stagnated family.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 14th June 2023 Live Court Updates by garfield1: 8:03am On Jun 15, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Sometimes I just hate arguing with you because you derail in bringing the real substance.
Here below was what the tribunal judge said in their judgement delivery.
"The tribunal held that the governorship election was characterised by over-voting. It said after deducting the excessive votes, the figure Mr Adeleke polled came down to 290,666: lower than the 314,921 polled by Mr Oyetola. The tribunal, thus, ordered that Mr Oyetola should be returned as governor of Osun State.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/578183-updated-osun-tribunal-sacks-adeleke-declares-oyetola-governor.html%23:~:text%3DThe%2520tribunal%2520held%2520that%2520the,as%2520governor%2520of%2520Osun%2520State.&ved=2ahUKEwiS9bjB0MT_AhUOecAKHf91D0wQFnoECBEQBQ&usg=AOvVaw1hOG_1HUfSBHlSg6KOAZm8

The case brought to tribunal by Oyetola was purely over voting but you're now claiming the case was about accreditation and over voting. My brother the case happened this year and not last year and you've started mixing up issue.
Again, you cannot claim which one is easier between being a plaintiff and a respondent, it all depend on the fact of the case. Except you want to tell me that all cases took to court, respondents always win the case. The fact of the case sometimes render respondent off feet. So forget which one is easier or not.

On the issue of tendering a blurred documents by LP that would be decided by the tribunal judge, if there is merit in the case or not. If I may remind you, the INEC certified those documents to be theirs. Why would INEC certified them if it knows it was blurred and how about sheets with no traceable LGA, taking to cognizance that all result sheets have lines for state, LGA, even name of polling unit? Why would result sheets not bear the details? Something is fishing my brother.

I hate arguing with you too.you like digressing, mixing up issues and misunderstanding simple contexts.everything cannot be stated plainly for you, sometimes apply commonsense and discretion.when we are talking about overvoting,it has to do with accreditation.or do you want to prove it with result sheets?
Why are you even posting a tribunal ruling when the highest court has settled the issue?
Let me repeat myself.in law especially in electoral cases,the respondents is at advantage.the law clearly presumes that elections are regular and in substantial compliance while the burden of proof is always on the petitioner.one must not just proof irregularities but show how it affects the overall election.this is never easy...there is a rebuttable presumption of regularity.
Again in civil cases,the law provides that the petitioner must prove beyond reasonable doubt their case.in other words,if you take a case to court without bringing any evidence,you lose.even if you bring evidence,it may not even be sufficient.dont forget that an accused is innocent until proven guilty..it is only in few cases,that the petitioner job is easy..

All inec documents are usually from booklets.the blurring is most likely from how the publishers produced it or maybe from that particular copy.from my calculations,I deduce that most these untraced blurred documents are incident forms reporting cancellations of elections which are mostly done in a hurry and there's no particular way of doing it.being unable to trace it is even damaging to the case of Lp because you cannot build something on nothing.it is just like making wild claims without pointing out where it happen.the court cannot help them as all evidences and facts must be linked and tied to each polling unit or collation points.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 14th June 2023 Live Court Updates by drnoel: 8:17am On Jun 15, 2023
SwissMass:
Peter girigory Obi do not know the difference between BVAS machines and IREV, it was shameful a female interviewer had to correct him, thank God we dodge a missile, no man born out of woman can unseat Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Jagaban till may 29 2031 and then Shettima will take over

Don't forget what happened in Macbeth.
If you don't learn that lesson, Asiwaju would have murdered death. Forget shenanigans, we will see where this take us.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 14th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 9:02am On Jun 15, 2023
Good morning gentlemen and ladies, here's the link to today's proceedings,15th June,2023.

https://www.nairaland.com/7728770/peter-obi-vs-tinubu-15th#123807392

You're welcome.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 14th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IfnobeGod20: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2023
IamV:

He's not worth the energy and time,trust me.

Good morning.
You got it my brother. Good morning my patriotic friend.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 14th June 2023 Live Court Updates by manikspears: 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2023
ledaman:
How can number 3 claim victory @ the expense of Number 2?

You get......the logic baffles me. There are a lot of stupid people in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 14th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2023
Shokoloko:

I sent you an email- no response.
Received.
I deeply appreciate.
Do have a lovely day ma.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 14th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Shokoloko(f): 6:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
IamV:

Received.
I deeply appreciate.
Do have a lovely day ma.
Thank you. Your updates make my day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Osinbajo, Saraki And Dogara Ahead Of His Trip (pics) / Governor Shettima Eats With Fulani Herdsmen. See Reactions (Photos) / Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.