Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,712 members, 7,813,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Why Obi Will Win The Case - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Obi Will Win The Case (2480 Views)

Here’s Why Obi Is Going To London On Monday – Labour Party / Why Obi, Wike Met Again In Rivers - The Nation / Why Obi Hid Defection From Atiku, By LP Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by Truthday: 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
If obi wins and the court calls for re-run Tinubu will still win
Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by CharleyBright(m): 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kingdollar28:

You and I knows deep inside us, that the guy is telling the truth...

This is exactly what is likely to play out..

Think deeply and remove sentiments cry cry

How does his argument makes sense?
The North is afraid that Tinubu is too powerful?
Did the North tell you they are afraid of Tinubu?

And assuming they are, how will the North ensure that Peter Obi wins at the court?
Is the North the Head of Supreme court? Or the North is going to lead a delegation to the court and tell the judge to declare Peter Obi winner because the North is afraid of Tinubu?
I simply don't get it.

I was expecting the Op to tell me that there are good evidences, and the judges have agreed to the evidences which will likely lead to them passing judgement in favor of Obi.
That makes more sense than the cock and bull story the Op is churning out.
Kapeeesh?

And also, just to let you know, the highest the judges can do is to declare for a re-run election. They cannot declare Peter Obi outright winner.
That's almost unlikely.

Just to emphasize, I support and voted Peter Obi. But I am a realist and very objective with issues as they stand now.

To say the court will declare Peter Obi winner even with all available evidence will be a very tall order. That's the fact.

1 Like

Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by tsdarkside(m): 12:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
bawahahahaha....chaii....

which type juju be this kwenu....??

1 Like

Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by BATified2023: 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2023
proeast:
I'm old enough to understand the sort of politics played in Nigeria. Also, I have read 'tons' of history books to know how events always play out.

Peter Obi is likely going to win at the tribunal. Not necessarily because he has unassailable evidence but to prevent Nigeria from sliding into a dangerous pit. Yes, Obi has enough evidence to win him the case any day but he isn't going to win based on the merit of his petition but to preserve Nigeria. Again, not because if Obi fails at the tribunal Igbos will automatically break away from Nigeria. No, Nigeria's breakup won't happen over night, it will take years of continuous deterioration and anarchy before it eventually implodes. That's how other countries with similar makeup broke up. Examples abound like USSR, Sudan, Ethiopia etc.

Believe me, North stands to lose more than even Igbos if Tinubu perpetuates himself. I can assure you that they've become very anxious and full of trepidation about the status quo and what it portends for them going forward. They never thought that Tinubu will emerge president. Their calculation was that Tinubu will contest against Atiku, then Atiku will sweep the polls but they didn't reckon that Obi will become a force through LP. Obi's emergence truncated their plans. To worsen things for them, Wike also messed up PDP in the South. So, when they realized that Atiku had no pathway to winning, they decided to align with Tinubu. Tinubu was more calculative than them and with enormous money at his disposal. As if that wasn't bad enough, a mugu like Buhari was president.

The last thing North wants is a powerful Southern president who can easily have his way. If they were uncomfortable with Tinubu before, now they're likely getting scared of him. The support Northerners are giving Tinubu now is not based on love but out of fear. The same people that stopped Awolowo and Abiola from becoming president based on what they stood for now have Tinubu who is obviously more unpredictable to contend with.

They also know that Tinubu will win a straight second term if he isn't stopped. 8 years of Tinubu will definitely ensure that political and economic power is fully controlled by Yorubas. Igbos can survive such situation, at least they haven't been in power since the end of civil war. Any serious hostility in Lagos will result to divestments and reinvestment in the East. But unfortunately for North, they will have no fall back position. Political power have always been their consolation. Losing it to Yorubas will make them extremely vulnerable and their future survival in Nigeria highly uncertain.

The tribunal is their last chance of stopping a state capture.
u this boy again

U no dey tire

Only u write this jargons, u v got enough free time bro
Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by Rexymania(m): 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2023
You only analyzed based on your own terminology
Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by paramakina202: 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2023
proeast:

Believe me, North stands to lose more than even Igbos if Tinubu perpetuates himself. I can assure you that they've become very anxious and full of trepidation about the status quo and what it portends for them going forward. They never thought that Tinubu will emerge president. Their calculation was that Tinubu will contest against Atiku, then Atiku will sweep the polls but they didn't reckon that Obi will become a force through LP. Obi's emergence truncated their plans. To worsen things for them, Wike also messed up PDP in the South. So, when they realized that Atiku had no pathway to winning, they decided to align with Tinubu. Tinubu was more calculative than them and with enormous money at his disposal. As if that wasn't bad enough, a mugu like Buhari was president.

The North rigged Tinubu to victory and you said they never expected him to emerge president.
Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by garfield1: 12:53pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kingdollar28:

The north will always prefer a westerner than a southeasterner
Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by garfield1: 12:53pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kingdollar28:

The north will always prefer a westerner than a southeasterner...
Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by Omoboricash(m): 1:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
dalaman:

Missing manhood people with their endless fictional tales. Una go cry and wail for many years to come.
Their crying and wailing woukd not end by 2031 but begins by then. After BAT finishes his term by God grace in 2031, the presidency goes back to north may be after then they will have reset brain to play politics of inclusiveness.
May be they will stop calling Yoruba slave of north and stop calling north cows

2 Likes

Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by AntiZikist: 1:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
Occupational therapy is what the OP and his fellow Obidient lunatics need.

I strongly suggest basket weaving group therapy for the osubidients
Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by Okoroawusa: 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2023
Zukwanike
Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by Asswipemod: 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2023
seunmsg:
Let’s even assume the reasons you gave are true and sensible, why will Peter Obi win when an Atiku with a better case is also at the tribunal? Why will the north use the tribunal to give victory to Peter Obi when Atiku is available? Make it make sense.

Ask all the questions you want, he won't answer because he knows you'd run away as usual when he starts spitting facts.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Like you always do with me.😝😝😝😝😝
Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2023
The evidence Obi has against them is overwhelming
Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by drlateef: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2023
proeast:
I'm old enough to understand the sort of politics played in Nigeria. Also, I have read 'tons' of history books to know how events always play out.

Peter Obi is likely going to win at the tribunal. Not necessarily because he has unassailable evidence but to prevent Nigeria from sliding into a dangerous pit. Yes, Obi has enough evidence to win him the case any day but he isn't going to win based on the merit of his petition but to preserve Nigeria. Again, not because if Obi fails at the tribunal Igbos will automatically break away from Nigeria. No, Nigeria's breakup won't happen over night, it will take years of continuous deterioration and anarchy before it eventually implodes. That's how other countries with similar makeup broke up. Examples abound like USSR, Sudan, Ethiopia etc.

The last thing North wants is a powerful Southern president who can easily have his way. If they were uncomfortable with Tinubu before, now they're likely getting scared of him. The support Northerners are giving Tinubu now is not based on love but out of fear. The same people that stopped Awolowo and Abiola from becoming president based on what they stood for now have Tinubu who is obviously more unpredictable to contend with.

They also know that Tinubu will win a straight second term if he isn't stopped. 8 years of Tinubu will definitely ensure that political and economic power is fully controlled by Yorubas. Igbos can survive such situation, at least they haven't been in power since the end of civil war. Any serious hostility in Lagos will result to divestments and reinvestment in the East. But unfortunately for North, they will have no fall back position. Political power have always been their consolation. Losing it to Yorubas will make them extremely vulnerable and their future survival in Nigeria highly uncertain.

Sentiments and emotions. No facts!!! Mtchew!!! The north does not control the courts. May be you have forgotten that.
Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by walex2(m): 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2023
proeast:

. IPOB way of thinking, your stupidity is on high heaven, so what I can deduce from your write up is that the stupid statu quo of north dominating even without progress should continue, because the north couldn't have their way they will give it to Obi who came third but neglect Atiku who came second. Obi will be declared winner at the tribunal because that is what the north wanted, and Supreme court will also validate it because controls both Tribunal and supreme court
Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by Parachoko: 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2023
Minime10:

You don't even know when & where the perenthesis symbol should be useπŸ€“
Are you drunk?
Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by AntiZikist: 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2023
Another Obidience sufferer on the loose.

Some one call Yaba left
Re: Why Obi Will Win The Case by Shigishege2: 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2023
proeast:

you said more than this before the election see where you are now. The truth is that north will wait for us to finish our own, then it goes back to north and come back to South South and back to South West. Nothing for you Bad Belle for this country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Churches And Mosques Be Taxed? / Otunba Mike Adeniyi Ishola Adenuga Has Been Cleared By The Senate. / Someone Tell Me Why Marijuana Shouldn't Be Legalized And Taxed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.