Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Men How Do You Cope When Things Are Down And You Resort To Your Wife For Upkeep - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men How Do You Cope When Things Are Down And You Resort To Your Wife For Upkeep (362 Views)

How To Cope When Your Spouse Doesn't Listen: Seeking Advice / Dear Married Men, How Do You Cope With Sex Starvation / How Do Husbands In Nigeria Cope When Their Wives Are Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men How Do You Cope When Things Are Down And You Resort To Your Wife For Upkeep by Tpave(m): 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
It's always very challenging for a man when things are not going well and your wife is the one taking care of everything in the family.

You know what it means for a woman to be the one taking care of a man and the children especially in this part of the world.

1 Like

Re: Men How Do You Cope When Things Are Down And You Resort To Your Wife For Upkeep by Caaz: 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2023
Stop trying to bring women down.its a failed propaganda.
A sensible wife knows when things are not working for the man,like he lost his means of earning,she takes over pending when the man rises back to his feet.

But there re some men that won't even make efforts to resume back their former mantle of leadership in the home front and as such would become lazy n likes bn fed forever by the wife.

I call such men mobile millipede.

5 Likes

Re: Men How Do You Cope When Things Are Down And You Resort To Your Wife For Upkeep by judatech: 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2023
Don't try this for long at home

1 Like

Re: Men How Do You Cope When Things Are Down And You Resort To Your Wife For Upkeep by Ajione(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2023
When I was down financially, my wife start feeding the family, I stop eating at home for more than a year, not until I was able to put something down for the family .she got angry but it's better for her to feed her self and the children. Those time I have peace of mind to hustle.

2 Likes

Re: Men How Do You Cope When Things Are Down And You Resort To Your Wife For Upkeep by GboyegaD(m): 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2023
I haven't been in the situation nonetheless, my father was and I do not think of it as a big deal.

While he was a regional commercial manager, my mom would tell you how an excellent husband he was to her and also, an excellent in-law to her family and excellent brother to his siblings. Thus, when the tide turned around, she was a great pillar of support and stepped up where he couldn't meet up and outsiders may know but that is their cross. She will always say my husband said I should.....

Every good woman will treat the husband right provided the husband has been a good person. It is the law of sowing and reaping in my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Men How Do You Cope When Things Are Down And You Resort To Your Wife For Upkeep by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2023
Back home we have these other neighbors whereby the husband had an accident years ago and he became disabled, he now only relies on a disability grant and his wife for financial support.

His wife has a good job and she went ahead and bought her husband a car specifically designed for his disability, renovated their house and extended it with more rooms, and paid for their children's school fees, one of them is now working... She buys enough grocery for the entire family and they have a very beautiful home... You'd think that they're both working.

But everyone in the neighborhood knows about the wife's extramerital affairs with her boss at work... grin grin grin.. Sometimes her boss would drop her off few yards from her house, I guess the husband is no longer performing as good as he used to before the accident... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Men How Do You Cope When Things Are Down And You Resort To Your Wife For Upkeep by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2023
You cope noni, and if you were a good to her when you had money and a job, you have nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Re: Men How Do You Cope When Things Are Down And You Resort To Your Wife For Upkeep by Streetdoctor: 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2023
Op dis is suicide mission. Infact it's better committing suicide than to witness such an act.
No bi women again, abi na another gender wey we never know or see before?

1 Like

Re: Men How Do You Cope When Things Are Down And You Resort To Your Wife For Upkeep by frozen70(f): 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2023
Tpave:
It's always very challenging for a man when things are not going well and your wife is the one taking care of everything in the family.

You know what it means for a woman to be the one taking care of a man and the children especially in this part of the world.

Some men who have been providing for his family and taking care of his wife love wise and still have time for the children, will not have problem in this kind of situation, their wife will definitely support him very well whike he source for another source of income

But you see those ones that will do half work at home and still chase women outside and still treat the one at home as less attractive and doesn't even care about the children welfare because he used what was meant for the family to entertain his women outside

These are the category of men that it will affect most

No body should ask me why

Compare the above two paragraphs very well and see the reason there

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sold! Brand New Hisense Microwave Ovens 4 Sale In Abeokuta! / Father's Don't Get Appreciated Enough For Their Sacrifices Compared To Mothers. / Flats To Let @ Ajah Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.