Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” (33066 Views)

MTN Stocks Gain 21% In 48 Hours After Listing / Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg / Top Performing Nigeria Stocks In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by EleventhWeirdo: 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
@LegendHero, can you recheck the link please? It's not going through
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Helpfromabove1(m): 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
All this game should translate to better Iife joor
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Favourchris(f): 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
Our currency is about to hit 3k per dollar …

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by ecomalchemistt(m): 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ok
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by alizma: 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
Bbgbs23:
Sons and daughters of Hate who never see anything good in things and people will still enter this thread to cry.

We have a President now. Nigeria is becoming the Giant it's known to be.
Don't blame them, many do not understand all this statistics, all they want to hear is something like, federal government is sharing 50k, go and collect your own.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by yMcy56(f): 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2023
LegendHero:

Source: https://nairametrics.com/2023/06/14/nigeria-stocks-gain-n992-billion-on-reports-that-banks-can-trade-forex-freely/?amp=1
Pls cross check those prices on Gainers' Table, seems there's a mix up somewhere, as they didn't tally with the actual closing prices...

For instance, International Breweries (INTBREW) closed @N5.50...highest for today...
STERLING closed @N2.75...
DANGSUGAR@N25.30...
Etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Patriotic9ja(m): 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2023
LegendHero:
To me, the actual big deal is that he could do all this without the usual grounding of the country from the big boys of the industry benefiting from all this.

When Bloomberg praised Tinubu yesterday, they did not do that because he removed all these things but they specifically mentioned that he was able to maintain stability and peace after removal, something that usually lead to chaos whenever any government try to do that since 2003.

I think he was able to achieve this because he got lot of loyalists in all corners of society. From the street, business world, Labour world, trenches, politics, international community, and etc.

No president can get away with removing fuel subsidy & unifying exchange rate in 2 weeks without sparking massive protest that would have grounded the economy. Tinubu mandate is divine.

I must commend you for this well articulated analysis 👏 👍 👌. Spot on

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Ogeeriga(m): 7:59pm On Jun 14, 2023
How am I sure these news is not eye service

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by GeneralPula: 7:59pm On Jun 14, 2023
helinues:
Igba Otun ti de with Tinubu's presidency

E lo Fi Okan bale
Wow..

What a coincidence..

This is the same thing I typed on my mention..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by tollyboy5(m): 7:59pm On Jun 14, 2023
Risingblue008:
All these figures and signings(like Chelsea)
Is not showing any significance in our daily activities,
Things still remains dsame,
Companies
Offices
Shops are closing down due to the cost of running and if these continues,
Una go knw say buhari try,
The rate of unemployment and crimes will be too much.
All these are social media bullshit,
angry angry angry
If you wee a business man you would be cashing out. But no sidon 4 house make pant dey wear you. Even remote workers are utilizing the constant light we're having now to make more money, you dey there dey complain.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by CaptMarvel(m): 8:00pm On Jun 14, 2023
Unmnhnm!

But really someone should explain all these outrageous figures to me, what does it actually tantamounts to.

I knew I had some discussion with Tinubu in the spiritual realm and I'm certain God is ready to help him achieve great things in this country, but please how does this help the people at the base of this economy pyramid.

Anyway, I think it's a sign of good things to come, right? 🤔😁

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by GeneralPula: 8:00pm On Jun 14, 2023
LegendHero:
To me, the actual big deal is that he could do all this without the usual grounding of the country from the big boys of the industry benefiting from all this.

When Bloomberg praised Tinubu yesterday, they did not do that because he removed all these things but they specifically mentioned that he was able to maintain stability and peace after removal, something that usually lead to chaos whenever any government try to do that since 2003.

I think he was able to achieve this because he got lot of loyalists in all corners of society. From the street, business world, Labour world, trenches, politics, international community, and etc.

No president can get away with removing fuel subsidy & unifying exchange rate in 2 weeks without sparking massive protest that would have grounded the economy. Tinubu mandate is divine.
You nailed it!
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by CaptMarvel(m): 8:00pm On Jun 14, 2023
Favourchris:
Our currency is about to hit 3k per dollar …
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂ewoooooo chimooooo OK ooooooo
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Ofunaofu: 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2023
LegendHero:

The chaos and instability that occurred when subsidy was removed in 2012 was actually sponsored by Tinubu and his ilks

That is what no foreign Media will tell you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by patrickcollins: 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2023
Bbgbs23:
Sons and daughters of Hate who never see anything good in things and people will still enter this thread to cry.

We have a President now. Nigeria is becoming the Giant it's known to be.
Let the effects of the policy be felt before u start making mouth, the cost of things are still so high above the reach of the masses, so time will tell if the president performed or not. It is clear to all that Buhari messed up and was clueless about leadership.
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by FireUpNow(m): 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2023
Social media life is totally different from reality. The streets are still red oo!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by vickymooore: 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2023
DiscoverID:
Sai Jagaban! This is the man some olodos are comparing with that effeminate dullard from agulu village?
Peter Obi is your ”Messiah"
Know this and know peace✌️

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by LegendHero(m): 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:
@LegendHero, can you recheck the link please? It's not going through

Thanks for bringing it to my notice.

I think the link is correct. Not sure why it was removed.

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by LegendHero(m): 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
lhordspy:

Concise and precise.
Kudos to you, brother.

Thanks bro.
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by dontbothermuch: 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
I love positive news except HIV
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Rebelutionary: 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
joyandfaith:

If you we don't fix corruption, we are going back to square 1. Definitely, World Bank, IMF etc are directing nigeria economy presently due to huge national debt.
How do you mean "fix" corruption? Do you know the corruption in the subsidy regime? Do you know the corruption in having multiple exchange rates? Do you? Ofcourse this isnt the end-all of all corruption that has plagued us from 1999 till date and I believe you dont expect it to miraculously be done with by a president of less than a month.

Tinubu has been checking all the right boxes sunce assumption and commendation for so far!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by SKIBiNSKI(m): 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
Bullcrap! How does this put food on the tables of ordinary naigerians or put money in their pockets, price of food and commodities are still very high. undecided
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by forerunner022(m): 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
LegendHero:

And some one was talking gibberish yesterday that Buhari started same way Tinubu started but ended up disappointing the nation. I wonder how?
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by GeneralPula: 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
DeLaRue:
I think taking these important decisions before appointing ministers is very smart.

If he had Ministers in place, he would have had to consult them, and the Ministers would also need time to consult senior civil servants within their ministeries.

While the so-called consultations are going on, the powerful business and political cabals will have thrown big money at the Ministers to try and frustrate any policy change.

Right now, the cabals have only a stubborn president to contend with and dem no born them to say pim.

Mr Tinubu is a political genius.
You just pointed out what would have happened to subsidy removal..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by aklid(m): 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
I see dollar hitting more than 1000

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by LegendHero(m): 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:

The chaos and instability that occurred when subsidy was removed in 2012 was actually sponsored by Tinubu and his ilks

That is no foreign Media will tell you

Tinubu alone cannot sponsor subsidy removal protest and succeed if Jonathan played his game well with the Labour unions and the players in the industry.

If Tinubu had slacked, ASUU would have embarked on that strike but you can see how he used his connections to silence them.

Opposition will always rear their head, as a government you must be on top. Even Republican no wan Obamacare back then but somehow Obama suceeded. If he was like Jonathan, he would have been blaming Republican for his own cowardice now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by iamdapsyj(m): 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
LegendHero:

Nobody can deny that PBAT has political capital... ..he is connected one way or the other to those that can cause problems in the country...

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by LegendHero(m): 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
yMcy56:

Pls cross check those prices on Gainers' Table, seems there's a mix up somewhere, as they didn't tally with the actual closing prices...

For instance, International Breweries (INTBREW) closed @N5.50...highest for today...
STERLING closed @N2.75...
DANGSUGAR@N25.30...
Etc.

I copied it directly from the link. Except if Nairametrics made some mistakes in their number.
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Ofunaofu: 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
LegendHero:

Tinubu alone cannot sponsor subsidy removal protest and succeed if Jonathan played his game well with the Labour unions and the players in the industry.

If Tinubu had slacked, ASUU would have embarked on that strike but you can see how he used his connections to silence them.

Opposition will always rear their head, as a government you must be on top. Even Republican no wan Obamacare back then but somehow Obama suceeded. If he was like Jonathan, he would have been blaming Republican for his own cowardice now.

Truth of the matter is that Tinubu and his ilk kicked against subsidy removal during Goodluck Jonathan regime to the extent of sponsoring the ojota occupy Nigeria protests

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by kingolu1(m): 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
DeLaRue:
I think taking these important decisions before appointing ministers is very smart.

If he had Ministers in place, he would have had to consult them, and the Ministers would also need time to consult senior civil servants within their ministeries.

While the so-called consultations are going on, the powerful business and political cabals will have thrown big money at the Ministers to try and frustrate any policy change.

Right now, the cabals have only a stubborn president to contend with and dem no born them to say pim.

Mr Tinubu is a political genius.
Honestly you got it right, this was the best time ever to remove the subsidy, you really understand the logic, how I wish many people can reason without a biased mindset,am sure Tinubu we be the best President Nigeria as ever elect

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by onuman: 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
APC using Fake news to deceive gullible people in Nigeria 🇳🇬 to support Tinubu who didn't win presidential election; didn't even win 25% of votes in Abuja.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by joyandfaith: 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
Rebelutionary:

How do you mean "fix" corruption? Do you know the corruption in the subsidy regime? Do you know the corruption in having multiple exchange rates? Do you? Ofcourse this isnt the end-all of all corruption that has plagued us from 1999 till date and I believe you dont expect it to miraculously be done with by a president of less than a month.

Tinubu has been checking all the right boxes sunce assumption and commendation for so far!

Dey play. Now masses are paying more petrol because FG couid not arrest oil thieves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians / South African Brothers Vanish With $3.6Bn In Bitcoins / EFCC Docks Funmi Adenmosun For Alleged N26.6bn Investment Fraud In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.