Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” (33079 Views)

MTN Stocks Gain 21% In 48 Hours After Listing / Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg / Top Performing Nigeria Stocks In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Ewedegubbler: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2023
DiscoverID:
Sai Jagaban! This is the man some olodos are comparing with that effeminate dullard from agulu village?

Comparing Iragbiji with Agulu is like comparing Mohamed to shekau
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Starz825(m): 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2023
DeLaRue:
I think taking these important decisions before appointing ministers is very smart.

If he had Ministers in place, he would have had to consult them, and the Ministers would also need time to consult senior civil servants within their ministeries.

While the so-called consultations are going on, the powerful business and political cabals will have thrown big money at the Ministers to try and frustrate any policy change.

Right now, the cabals have only a stubborn president to contend with and dem no born them to say pim.

Mr Tinubu is a political genius.

there is no cabal anymore....its gone like fuel subsidy...tinubu na the new cabal
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Enice(m): 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2023
joyandfaith:

If you we don't fix corruption, we are going back to square 1. Definitely, World Bank, IMF etc are directing nigeria economy presently due to huge national debt.
Oga! Give credit to whom credit is due. There's no shame in saying Tinubu has done well, instead of trying to pass his good works to an invisible world Bank and IMF. Where dem dey since?
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Gajagojo: 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
richmond500:
Tinubu is a genius. admit it

What he achieved in Lagos, Obi did not achieve it in Anambra

Not sure why you compare him to Obi though.

He did okay in Lagos. Genius is taking it too far.
On the people level, housing ,water education ,health and jobs there is nothing to shout about especially if you are from Lagos State when you go t Epe and Ikorodu it is not great.
Jakande built 40000 houses in 4:years with little money as well as LASU

In 20 years how many houses have they built?

The lives of ordinary people is brutish in Lagos so let us retain balance

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by wallrichy: 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
Truth be told. Pablo Escobar of Nigeria, my elected president is working and turning Nigeria for good. I am so proud of him and pray he continues like this till the next 8years.......this guy Tinubu, city boy is ingenious.......Idan Man, Mr Magic.....I don't care the name you guys call him, druggy o, Escobar, etc ....but he's far far better than Statistical Osanyin...(PO) or Articulated Abarka of Dubai.....here we have Pablo Escobar of Nigeria Progress.....unequal leader and first among equals......

SmartPolician:
Since when did we start reading stock performance on Nairaland?

It seems APC people are behind this!

They are trying so hard to prove that Escobar is working!
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by richmond500: 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
lexxwiz:
As a full blooded obidient, I must say Tinubu is taking good decisions so far. Buhari really set an all time low record. PO would do better but Tinubu still on good record so far.

I just want a good Nigeria!!
Obi could never have done better
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
alobright17:
If Tinubu continues with this rate Obi crowd will dwindle drastically in the next election by then Tinubu would've used his good performance to silence many.

Many hated Tinubu because of Buharis performance for 8yrs.
doesn't matter!

We don't want tinubu! we don't want him!

Qed!
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by IbnIbrahim: 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2023
LegendHero:
To me, the actual big deal is that he could do all this without the usual grounding of the country from the big boys of the industry benefiting from all this.

When Bloomberg praised Tinubu yesterday, they did not do that because he removed all these things but they specifically mentioned that he was able to maintain stability and peace after removal, something that usually lead to chaos whenever any government try to do that since 2003.

I think he was able to achieve this because he got lot of loyalists in all corners of society. From the street, business world, Labour world, trenches, politics, international community, and etc.

No president can get away with removing fuel subsidy & unifying exchange rate in 2 weeks without sparking massive protest that would have grounded the economy. Tinubu mandate is divine.
It is, but some people seem not to understand that
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by alobright17(m): 8:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
MichaelSokoto:

doesn't matter!

We don't want tinubu! we don't want him!

Qed!

We want him and I don't expect everyone to want him even some. People don't want Jesus, so you saying you don't want Tinubu is not a big deal the main thing is that he's your president and you must live with that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by galantjoe(m): 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
BAT is real accountant by profession

So far his demeanor is good to go
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by almarthins(m): 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2023
inoki247:
Ehn ehn....

This how things is supposed to be done not having some shady rate that some people will goan be collecting at the back at cheap rate and be reselling at high rate....

Aboki go dey swear for tinubu now.
Buhari really made dem reach o
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by mercy87(f): 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2023
CaptMarvel:
Unmnhnm!

But really someone should explain all these outrageous figures to me, what does it actually tantamounts to.

I knew I had some discussion with Tinubu in the spiritual realm and I'm certain God is ready to help him achieve great things in this country, but please how does this help the people at the base of this economy pyramid.

Anyway, I think it's a sign of good things to come, right? 🤔😁

My friend had a dream last year where a great judge informed him that Tinubu will be the president and that his government will be a government of prosperity for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by DMCY: 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2023
SmartPolician:
Since when did we start reading stock performance on Nairaland?

It seems APC people are behind this!

They are trying so hard to prove that Escobar is working!

Isn’t he? You’ll soon fall in love with BAT
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by joyandfaith: 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
Enice:
Oga! Give credit to whom credit is due. There's no shame in saying Tinubu has done well, instead of trying to pass his good works to an invisible world Bank and IMF. Where dem dey since?

That was how Buhari did well in his first 3 months as the President
Dey play. Reality would set in.
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by mod9: 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
[Has the price of food stuff been reduced. Any audio achievement that doesn't translate to better living conditions for the masses is a mere rhetoric quote author=helinues post=123797549]Igba Otun ti de with Tinubu's presidency

E lo Fi Okan bale[/quote]
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by alizma: 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2023
Sepukku:

What Statistics are you talking about?

Ode oshi
See one of them
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by mod9: 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
[ The man is trying everything possible to make Nigerian to like him and forget about the stollen mandate. if he likes let him give everyone in Nigeria 3 square meal a day, the stollen mandate must be returned. quote author=Bbgbs23 post=123797576]Sons and daughters of Hate who never see anything good in things and people will still enter this thread to cry.

We have a President now. Nigeria is becoming the Giant it's known to be. [/quote]
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Sepukku: 9:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
alizma:

See one of them

You dey expose yourself abi?
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Lacash: 9:06pm On Jun 14, 2023
LegendHero:

Source: https://nairametrics.com/2023/06/14/nigeria-stocks-gain-n992-billion-on-reports-that-banks-can-trade-forex-freely/?amp=1
The giant Shackle is already loosed on the Giant of Africa, the amazing development is just about getting started. #StayGlued💯

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Ingocof(m): 9:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
The jagaban of this era
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by victorsola: 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2023
LikeAking:
Wait til December bf u start praising Tinubu..

That's just the big boys positioning to rip the economy apart..

How much of that money will come to the poor?

Make una try think.
the big boy positioning will attract investors and that’s why the figures are going up . If investors comes in , that the game plan
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Lacash: 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
LegendHero:

Source: https://nairametrics.com/2023/06/14/nigeria-stocks-gain-n992-billion-on-reports-that-banks-can-trade-forex-freely/?amp=1
The goal is not to fight corruption cos it’s a fight nobody can win in a very corrupted society, so the goal is to fix Corruption 💯💯. What a time to be a Nigerian…God bless PBAT 🙏🙏

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Landmine1: 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
LegendHero:
To me, the actual big deal is that he could do all this without the usual grounding of the country from the big boys of the industry benefiting from all this.

When Bloomberg praised Tinubu yesterday, they did not do that because he removed all these things but they specifically mentioned that he was able to maintain stability and peace after removal, something that usually lead to chaos whenever any government try to do that since 2003.

I think he was able to achieve this because he got lot of loyalists in all corners of society. From the street, business world, Labour world, trenches, politics, international community, and etc.

No president can get away with removing fuel subsidy & unifying exchange rate in 2 weeks without sparking massive protest that would have grounded the economy. Tinubu mandate is divine.
I have never supported tinubu, I have always supported Peter Obi, but you are right. Absolutely right on this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by drlateef: 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
LikeAking:
Wait til December bf u start praising Tinubu..

That's just the big boys positioning to rip the economy apart..

How much of that money will come to the poor?

Make una try think.

You pessimists should go and sit down somewhere. This is real Tinubu we used to know. He has not changed. Rather he is getting better. Well prepared for the job. I thank God that I am witnessing good leadership in my life.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Enice(m): 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
joyandfaith:

That was how Buhari did well in his first 3 months as the President
Dey play. Reality would set in.
Don't be a pessimist! Instead of looking at successes you are looking for failures. You will not know when opportunities will pass by

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by DodadaKoKigbe: 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
MichaelSokoto:

Thank Obi 4 bn able to re-in his mammoth crowd of supporters!
cool

Ebows can protest in their region. Who's stopping them?
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Vision101(m): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
@Brownshoe
Pls am naive, does it means I go walk into any commercial bank now and buy dollar?

Somebody explain to me.

@me
You can walk in and buy and sell fx at the rate you agreed with the banks. Before now people were no longer selling fx to banks because of low rate. They were selling to malam and bureau de change because of higher rate. The big people with connection in government can become millionaires over night by simply buying fx from cbn at low rate and sell to the parallel market and make arbitrage.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by blowjohn(m): 9:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
Risingblue008:
All these figures and signings(like Chelsea)
Is not showing any significance in our daily activities,
Things still remains dsame,
Companies
Offices
Shops are closing down due to the cost of running and if these continues,
Una go knw say buhari try,
The rate of unemployment and crimes will be too much.
All these are social media bullshit,
angry angry angry

Oga.
U dey trade?
I dey buy dollars?
Na so e want effect u like malaria bite?

Calm down
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by saysoo: 9:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
Chetas81:
opinion is allowed
one trillion naira is not too much for Tinubu and his like. The Emirs advice in France is playing out.
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by lexxwiz(m): 9:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
richmond500:
Obi could never have done better

Bros, I don’t like arguments when I’m very tired, so I won’t bother. Like I said, we’re coming out from 8years of misrule, we are so bleeped, Vic o would have still impressed us. So chill, I am only applauding him being way better than Buhari already.. let the man be.

If Obi was handed his mandate when he should have, by now you would have carved his statue in your family junction.

I don’t want to argue please
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by Goalnaldo(m): 9:49pm On Jun 14, 2023
How does this news make petrol and foodstuff affordable for the common man?
Re: Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” by clems88(m): 9:56pm On Jun 14, 2023
We are just reading o. I haven't seen any impact in the prices of goods n commodities angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why MMM Scheme Fooled Nigerians / South African Brothers Vanish With $3.6Bn In Bitcoins / EFCC Docks Funmi Adenmosun For Alleged N26.6bn Investment Fraud In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.