Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window (41652 Views)

Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ / Naira Now Undervalued After Float, Bank Of America Says / Naira Loses To Dollar, Closes At 419 In "Official Market" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by GreaterFuture(m): 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
Flets:

CBN already told you they will sell at market rate. If they sell at a lower rate, that means its no more floating.
That means we are back to where we started if CBN sells at a rate lower than market rate because everyone will target same CBN FX.

Nigeria does not have sufficient FX supply to float the exchange rate
This is still Quite Confusing to me...
We are still in the very early stages, let's see
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by sonofthunder: 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2023
KingKO22:
Asiwaju is our God sent

Naira might appreciate to 300 against dollars before December

Which of your grace would I deny

Thank you God for choosing Asiwaju for us

300 to a dollar?

By what indices?
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by loswhite(m): 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
Maski87:

But the bank has to have the dollar to sell remember you can't print the dollar as you print naira
The banks do not print the naira either. The banks have the dollars so leave all those stories when they tell you they don't have. It is reserved for selected few that are willing to settle at the right price
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by shimolv: 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2023
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by kelvindj98: 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
Nonybb:
This man is making the 15,000 USD I have in my domiciliary account to be useless
Good
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by philos(m): 4:43pm On Jun 15, 2023
KingKO22:
Pandora Obituary should go and withdraw his case against Asiwaju with immediate effect bcs the good news of Asiwaju achievement within short period of time is overwhelming even the international communities that Buhari has visited will start visiting our action Daddy soon

Action Daddy no be thank you Daddy

You're extremely short-sighted.
So this initial gragra is actually tripping you guys?

.😀🤣😂
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Caseless: 4:45pm On Jun 15, 2023
joyandfaith:

Black market?
You sure know where he got his own from.
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Caseless: 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2023
jcflex:
They wany to eradicate black market for us to have a unified exchange 💱 rate. You are here saying CBN should sell dollars to BDC.

Why do we have banks all arnd us. You want to create another round tripping.

I tire for that guy.
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Caseless: 4:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
grandstar:

The purpose of selling dollars to the BDC is to crash the rate there and bring it close to the bank rate, which would end round tripping.

If it's crashed, there will be little room for roundtripping.

The problem during Buhari's term in office was that he, Buhari himself dictated the exchange rates and not the CBN and Emefiele enabled him.

For instance, in 2021 when the official rate was 410 and black market rate was 480 or so, the BDCs were making huge profits.

If the CBN had floated the Naira then at the official rate, many speculated the official rate would have slid to around 460, reducing huge arbitrage profits for the BDC.

But rather than devalue, the CBN preferred to ban the sale of dollars to the BDCs and requested anyone who wanted dollars to approach the banks. This was a collosal mistake as the process of obtaining dollars from banks is bureaucratic while from the BDCs was instant. This led to a quick crash of the Naira at the black market as it was starved of forex.
BDC guys go still hoard am.

The goodnews is that, subsidy is no more,so we'll have enough forex available as the large chunk of our forex goes to service subsidy and importation of petroleum products. You can factor in Dangote refinery too...that's why the naira could stabilize under Tinubu.
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by shantti(m): 5:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
cybertron88:

They will now hav. All those dollars CBN was using to defend naira, will made available to banks. Aboki rate and bank rate no go pass N10. A lot of those overnight aboki millionaires will look for another trade. Wanted to buy dollars today for on-line purchase on AliExpress, I just told myself to calm down to months end.

But banks will hoard the dollars and won't sell to the common man, they will instead sell to the abokis at a high price, the abokis will have to sell at a higher price to see profit. Is there any incentive to checkmate the evil of hoarding from banks, remember what happened during naira scarsity
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Shemadex(m): 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2023
Ogene001:

If you know what Ngige built within three years, yet he was kicked out
so tinubu na ngige idiot u dey compare Marwa with truck idiot
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Macgyver1: 5:48pm On Jun 15, 2023
Still 760

1 Like

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by BigIyanga: 6:45pm On Jun 15, 2023
KingKO22:
Asiwaju is our God sent

Keep deceiving deceiving yourself. You go rob mama Iyabo and Shinedu to steal their goods.. Customs will charge more on imported goods valuation because official rate is 650. Transporters will charge more because petroleum price has gone. Everybody go increase their price.. and u must pay
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by TollinsN: 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
Keep on deceiving yourself. I bought dollar's for 761 Naira few minutes ago . The 664 rate you talking about only exist in theory book. But the physical reality on ground is 761 per dollar's
It either showed the limit of your negotiating power or buying from old stock since no one will like to sell at a loss. Stiff competition for buyers will force the Naira into equilibrium.
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by BigIyanga: 7:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
TollinsN:

It either showed the limit of your negotiating power or buying from old stock since no one will like to sell at a loss. Stiff competition for buyers will force the Naira into equilibrium.
Story.. so after selling old stock, you will be forced to buy at higher price
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by ModCaller: 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
The calm before the storm. Only those who have traded Forex will understand what just happened. We call it pull back
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Marvfem: 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2023
Ogene001:
The north will not like this. Tinubu scamed them. We Igbos are enjoying the free market economy. Abooki money changers have been thrown out of business
can we now use our debit card now for all international transaction
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by MoneyMustBMade(m): 8:51pm On Jun 15, 2023
How come am buying dollar at 765/$ from aboki them
This people are just creating confusion
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by grandstar(m): 9:01pm On Jun 15, 2023
loswhite:
Lets assume you need 100 usd from the bank and your gtb naira card does not have limit. will you still go to hausa quarter?

Wetin concern fish with raincoat? I will gladly grab it with both hands

1 Like

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Promotions: 9:11pm On Jun 15, 2023
MoneyMustBMade:
How come am buying dollar at 765/$ from aboki them
This people are just creating confusion
I sold at 752 today in abuja
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Babastrong(m): 9:49pm On Jun 15, 2023
[quote author=Ogene001 post=123800739]
If you know what Ngige built within three years, yet he was kicked out[lol.*nigeria*no*be*anambra.]
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by TollinsN: 11:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
BigIyanga:

Story.. so after selling old stock, you will be forced to buy at higher price
Your reply shows you just posted the wrong information. You don't know how the market runs
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by okuta007: 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
Nonybb:
This man is making the 15,000 USD I have in my domiciliary account to be useless

you can not decree exchange rate - it is based on the laws of demand and supply

what has Nigeria produced since May 29 to make $1 = N600+ ?

Tinubu who said Nigeria should print trillions to pay salaries in 2017 ?

i just dey laff ona

All this na good face to get him government get legitimacy - once the court says he won fair and square (God forbids)

All these thieves will switch to default mode --- stealing and stealing and mismanagement

An dog can not learn new tricks - Tinubu is a corrupt thief and nothing good can come from a mandate thief
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by BabaIbo: 11:28pm On Jun 15, 2023
KingKO22:
Asiwaju is our God sent

Are you normal?

What do you mean by OUR?
You and who?
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by BabaIbo: 11:31pm On Jun 15, 2023
ModCaller:
The calm before the storm. Only those who have traded Forex will understand what just happened. We call it pull back

Can you elaborate?
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Mercury12(m): 11:58pm On Jun 15, 2023
Ogene001:

If you know what Ngige built within three years, yet he was kicked out
this is Nigeria. Not anambra. When will u Igbos people have sense!!!
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by BigIyanga: 1:23am On Jun 16, 2023
TollinsN:

Your reply shows you just posted the wrong information. You don't know how the market runs
It seems you flunked econs 101.. lol. You’re bereft of hoe things work in real life.
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by LikeAking: 1:44am On Jun 16, 2023
Edusouls:
hei shut up, that man knows governance like the back of his palms, no be today something, check his records as Lagos state government, he turned Lagos into a bustling and economically hub of Nigeria

What's has he governed in the past 2 week?

Calm down.

The man na amateur.

He know nothing.
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by LikeAking: 1:45am On Jun 16, 2023
okuta007:

you can not decree exchange rate - it is based on the laws of demand and supply

what has Nigeria produced since May 29 to make $1 = N600+ ?

Tinubu who said Nigeria should print trillions to pay salaries in 2017 ?

i just dey laff ona

All this na good face to get him government get legitimacy - once the court says he won fair and square (God forbids)

All these thieves will switch to default mode --- stealing and stealing and mismanagement

An dog can not learn new tricks - Tinubu is a corrupt thief and nothing good can come from a mandate thief

Nigeria the manufacturer plenty things..

It's just the looting and our senseless taste for foriegn goods and foriegn land.
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by okuta007: 6:59am On Jun 16, 2023
LikeAking:

Nigeria the manufacturer plenty things..

It's just the looting and our senseless taste for foriegn goods and foriegn land.

i so much agree with you - these points you have made must be addressed first with all sincerity and resolved at least by 50% before Tinubu starts pegging exchange rates as if say na kulikuli price him dey negotiate grin
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Titogbanski: 9:34am On Jun 16, 2023
All this na grammer. Just open up the economy and create the confidence that would make investors bring their money here to invest....
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by TollinsN: 10:32am On Jun 16, 2023
BigIyanga:

It seems you flunked econs 101.. lol. You’re bereft of hoe things work in real life.
I can now understand the half baked students are too many. So you only did econs 101, meaning you did that only at 100 level. You now want to be putting mouth in professional matters. Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria, Sierra Leone Plan Currency Swap / How Elon Musk Began His Journey Of Buying Twitter (throwback Photo) / Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.