Stats: 3,152,952 members, 7,817,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls (1526 Views)

"President Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls" - Ben Murray Bruce / I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie / Moment Soludo Tried To Open Car Door For Peter Obi But... (2) (3) (4)

I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by Workch: 7:02am On Jun 15, 2023
The removal of subsidy (albeit, he did it too early), electricity bill and floating of naira are very good calls. Tinubu has mitigated, to a very substantial degree, the corruption happening within CBN, the power sector and NNPC.
The flaoting of naira alone will create a business friendly environment for investors, with time the removal of subsidy if followed up decisively will create an environment that will boost businesses. The electricity bill is a masterclass, results will started coming forth soon. It's what we have been asking for, decentralized these things and let investors come and determine the pace.

I think that this is what Peter Obi would have done and Tinubu is doing them. I'm impressed so far, however it's early to judge him finally.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by vowiski(m): 7:05am On Jun 15, 2023
Workch:
Thr removal of subsidy (albeit, he did it to early), electricity and floating of naira is a very good call. Tinubu has mitigated, to a very substantial degree l, the corruption happening within CBN, the power sector and NNPC.
The flaoting of naira alone will create a business friendly environment for investors, with time the removal of subsidy if followed up decisively will create an environment that will boost businesses. The electricity bill is a masterclass, results will started coming forth soon. It's what we have been asking for, decentralized these things and let investors come and determine the pace.

I think that this is what Peter Obi would have done and Tinubu is doing them. I'm impressed so far l, however it's early to judge him finally.

When you recognize a thief who came to your house and took your money, jewelries, and document … Then you see that thief going from orphanage home to orphanage home distributing gifts and taking children off the streets with the proceed of crime ..

Would you be very happy and even organize a photo op with that thief?

You see, son!

The difference between developed nations and us is that we are easily moved by emotions and reverse psychology. No nation can move forward with that kind of mental and moral compass.

Giving an illegitimate government and a mandate thief any form of accolades will make other people buy their way into political position and do one or two good things, then loot the treasury.

However , everything the mandate thief has done is what is expected to be done. I would have expected him to fire all of these people and more in day one.

Anyone who became president would have done the same thing, because the previous administration was a total disaster.

If you even put a goat in office, without the ability to sign any document , only it’s meh meh meh would have done better than Buhari’s abysmal failure of a government.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by DMerciful(m): 7:06am On Jun 15, 2023
So because of that you no longer support
Obi?
Workch:
Thr removal of subsidy (albeit, he did it to early), electricity and floating of naira is a very good call. Tinubu has mitigated, to a very substantial degree l, the corruption happening within CBN, the power sector and NNPC.

I think that this is what Peter Obi would have done and Tinubu is doing them. I'm impressed so far l, however it's early to judge him finally.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by Workch: 7:07am On Jun 15, 2023
DMerciful:
Obi?
I still support Obi but I cannot because of that not commend right calls.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by fuckJones(f): 7:15am On Jun 15, 2023
Tinubu has turned unbelievers into believers with just 14 days in office. Renewed Hope is here to stay.

21 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by XY23: 7:17am On Jun 15, 2023
Workch:
The removal of subsidy (albeit, he did it too early), electricity bill and floating of naira are very good calls. Tinubu has mitigated, to a very substantial degree, the corruption happening within CBN, the power sector and NNPC.

I think that this is what Peter Obi would have done and Tinubu is doing them. I'm impressed so far, however it's early to judge him finally.

Some of you use the word 'support' like we were meant to slaves to them before. If your perceived enemy can make your life better, won't you support him to do that? Does supporting PO makes us anti-progress? You people should forget that gaslighting and pray Nigeria works. We only have different ideas about who can make it work.

So far, PBAT hasn't done anything that has translated to better living conditions for the ordinary man. In my opinion, he's riding too fast against the tide. Nigeria is a complex country. One man can't have all the perspectives. He should settle down, get a cabinet and understand our peculiar challenges. I bet you, student loan, subsidy removal and floating the Nigeria the way he has just done, will not make your life better in the coming months.

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 15, 2023
DMerciful:
Obi?

He is not a sadist and irredeemable hater like you. Leaders are chosen to solve problems.

If they are doing that, then most normal and objective people will put personal reservations aside to support and appreciate them for providing solution they can see and feel. As simple as that.

I think some of you don't recognise the evil in yourself that has made you so twisted to the extent you are resentful of progress you and your generations unborn will benefit from only because such is being delivered by those you hate fundamentally.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by okosodo: 7:24am On Jun 15, 2023
Th
Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by Padipadi(m): 7:29am On Jun 15, 2023
vowiski:

The difference between the west and us is that we are easily moved by emotions and reverse psychology. No nation can move forward with that kind of mental and moral compass.

Giving an illegitimate government and a mandate thief any form of accolades will make other people buy their way into political position and do one or two good things, then loot the treasury.

However , everything the mandate thief has done is what is expected to be done. I would have expected him to fire all of these people and more in day one.

Anyone who became president would have done the same thing, because the previous administration was a total disaster.

If you even put a goat in office, and without the ability to sign any document , only it’s meh meh meh would have done better than Buhari’s abysmal failure of a government.
Firstly, what do you mean by the difference btw the west and us? Who's us?
Is it East?
Is holiness peculiar to a certain region?

Good knowledge teaches that Robin hood attempt is bad. But you v no maral compass to judge Tinubu until he's proven guilty. In fact, what you all should ask about Tinubu, una no ask am. The way una dey play politics of cry babies since 1967, una never change.
I saw several clips of electoral malpractices and brutality from the east perpetrated by LP. Will you appreciate it if I used that to label LP electoral fraud people?
You guys are conducting self righteousness judgement but your candidate in Obi played bad politics. He wasn't even a legal candidate of LP. Many legal issues are around his nomination. And there are gross evidence of rigging and electoral violence in his name.
You guys didn't realise the main reason he lost was cos he had the lowest patronage in the north.
You all are yet to learn from politics.
That tribunal ll end in favour of Tinubu and Obi ll be exposed big for his own secrets too.
The man that's supposed to support Atiku make all those elupeee votes go with PDP, he just pulled out and wrecked Atiku's votes.
Now, I v raised a contrary opinion. Watch how elupeees ll come after me. Anyone coming should Sha have sense and be accurate with facts.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by OkCornel(m): 7:30am On Jun 15, 2023
Had a “ very weird” dream, the court ruled against Tinubu/APC despite his strong performance.

I was baffled 😕

Anyways time will tell. Tinubu doing well so far, a better and stable Nigeria for the good of all is what we seek.

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by Kukutenla: 7:32am On Jun 15, 2023
Fact 1: The sacking of the CBN governor is vendetta. Former president Buhari publicly owned the cash redesign policy and should be made to account for it instead of barking up the wrong tree.
Fact 2: The electricity bill is an offshoot of the Constitutional amendment which Buhari signed. It's nothing to rejoice about until we see the bill in action, solving the issues in our power sector.
Fact 3: The exchange rate debacle again was a direct policy of the Buhari govt who believed in defending the naira. Floating the naira also has its demerits if not properly managed, chief of which is capital flight by portfolio investors who put their money in your market for short term gains without any value to the economy.

Lastly, the nation needs vigilant citizens not Zombies who just want every avenue to lick ass even if they don't understand a thing. I've seen comments like "I don't understand a thing written up there but I'm sure it's intelligent because we have an intelligent president". It's a shameful comment and signals a lack of depth in such characters.

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by SpatialKing(m): 7:33am On Jun 15, 2023
You never supported Peter Obi

Please stop the propaganda

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by chidiokay: 7:44am On Jun 15, 2023
Workch:

Beyond Peter Obi words or Manifesto" what records or antecedents indicate OBi as the tendencies or the ball to hit the ground running.
It is one thing for politicians to say sweet things at the campaign grounds it is not hercule task to implement it, Jonathan, Buhari all made promises & agenda they didnt fulfill.

Here is what i know would have happened if Peter Obi was the President ... @least the 1st one year of his administration will be wasted on digging & showing the corruption & fraud that happened under Buhari administration.
Peter Obi won't have hit the ground running, i see a repetition of Buhari 1st term but Obi might just do better than Buhari

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by KingKO22: 7:44am On Jun 15, 2023
Renewed hope will become d best performed African president in history

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by MXrep: 7:46am On Jun 15, 2023
Ngige was commissioning roads almost everyday but was still sent packing. Most of you don't understand these things. Bombarding us with "performance" doesn't legitimize your fraudulent govt
Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by NapoleonHill: 7:51am On Jun 15, 2023
XY23:

Some of you use the word 'support' like we were meant to slaves to them before. If your perceived enemy can make your life better, won't you support him to do that? Does supporting PO makes us anti-progress? You people should forget that gaslighting and pray Nigeria works. We only have different ideas about who can make it work.

So far, PBAT hasn't done anything that has translated to better living conditions for the ordinary man. In my opinion, he's riding too fast against the tide. Nigeria is a complex country. One man can't have all the perspectives. He should settle down, get a cabinet and understand our peculiar challenges. I bet you, student loan, subsidy removal and floating the Nigeria the way he has just done, will not make your life better in the coming months.

There are short term and long term gains. I believe these calls he's made are geared towards long term gains.

If I may ask, what policies do you think can make our lives better in the coming months with the wreckage of a country handed over to the next president?

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by vowiski(m): 7:56am On Jun 15, 2023
Padipadi:

Firstly, what do you mean by the difference btw the west and us? Who's us?
Is it East?
Is holiness peculiar to a certain region?

Good knowledge teaches that Robin hood attempt is bad. But you v no maral compass to judge Tinubu until he's proven guilty. In fact, what you all should ask about Tinubu, una no ask am. The way una dey play politics of cry babies since 1967, una never change.
I saw several clips of electoral malpractices and brutality from the east perpetrated by LP. Will you appreciate it if I used that to label LP electoral fraud people?
You guys are conducting self righteousness judgement but your candidate in Obi played bad politics. He wasn't even a legal candidate of LP. Many legal issues are around his nomination. And there are gross evidence of rigging and electoral violence in his name.
You guys didn't realise the main reason he lost was cos he had the lowest patronage in the north.
You all are yet to learn from politics.
That tribunal ll end in favour of Tinubu and Obi ll be exposed big for his own secrets too.
The man that's supposed to support Atiku make all those elupeee votes go with PDP, he just pulled out and wrecked Atiku's votes.
Now, I v raised a contrary opinion. Watch how elupeees ll come after me. Anyone coming should Sha have sense and be accurate with facts.

Lol, when I said west I meant the United States…

Wetin concern me and west and east for Nigeria , ?

We think alike , let me go and edit my earlier submission
Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by chidiokay: 7:57am On Jun 15, 2023
XY23:

Maybe you should take your own counsel more serious, non of us that voted Tinubu is expecting a sporadic economy growth over night, we have a deep understanding of how economy works and know most desired dividend don't yield on a short run smiley
We pick Tinubu becos he was the only one sincere enough to tell Nigerians, the journey to a better Nigeria won't be easy, Tinubu didnt promise eldorado overnight unlike Peter Obi & co.
Nigerians already know what they are up against, from history no one dares touch fuel subsidy and not get burnt But Tinubu didnt even lose a single hair, that should tell you hw much Nigerians are ready to rally round this man, hoping he succeeds

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by MXrep: 7:58am On Jun 15, 2023
NapoleonHill:

There are short term and long term gains. I believe these calls he's made are geared towards long term gains.

If I may ask, what policies do you think can make our lives better in the coming months with the wreckage of a country handed over to the next president?
No be Buhari una Messiah hand over to Tinubu? I'm not understanding at all
Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by obembet(f): 8:00am On Jun 15, 2023
Workch:

As Obidient, you duty is to be looking for downfall of Nigeria and keep promoting every negative News to share.

You must not give up, let keep sharing bad news about Nigeria and president Tinubu, let keep see negative things about his work until we recover out manhood back

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 15, 2023
chidiokay:

Maybe you should take your own counsel more serious, non of us that voted Tinubu is expecting a sporadic economy growth over night, we have a deep understanding of how economy works and know most desired dividend don't yield on a short run smiley
We pick Tinubu becos he was the only one sincere enough to tell Nigerians, the journey to a better Nigeria won't be easy, Tinubu didnt promise eldorado overnight unlike Peter Obi & co.
Nigerians already know what they are up against, from history no one dares touch fuel subsidy and not get burnt But Tinubu didnt even lose a single hair, that should tell you hw much Nigerians are ready to rally round this man, hoping he succeeds

God bless you a million times ojare. Sadists and haters will always be about sadism and hatred. Tinubu only needs the support of.Nigerians who value progress above everything else

I think the Nigerians in that category are far greater in number than the mindless creatures of hate always polluting public discourse with their sadism.

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by NapoleonHill: 8:04am On Jun 15, 2023
Kukutenla:
Fact 1: The sacking of the CBN governor is vendetta. Former president Buhari publicly owned the cash redesign policy and should be made to account for it instead of barking up the wrong tree.
Fact 2: The electricity bill is an offshoot of the Constitutional amendment which Buhari signed. It's nothing to rejoice about until we see the bill in action, solving the issues in our power sector.
Fact 3: The exchange rate debacle again was a direct policy of the Buhari govt who believed in defending the naira. Floating the naira also has its demerits if not properly managed, chief of which is capital flight by portfolio investors who put their money in your market for short term gains without any value to the economy.

Lastly, the nation needs vigilant citizens not Zombies who just want every avenue to lick ass even if they don't understand a thing. I've seen comments like "I don't understand a thing written up there but I'm sure it's intelligent because we have an intelligent president". It's a shameful comment and signals a lack of depth in such characters.

1. CBN governor is not being arrested for the redesign of the naira. Please, get informed.

2. The act was necessary to lay down the guidelines for execution. That act was on Buhari's table all along but he did not sign. It's a relief we have a president who understands the urgency of our challenges and how impatient we've become to see the country work. And if you must see action like you anticipate, that act has to be signed.

3. Like every other policy as seen in previous government, it can turn out good or bad but with the level of ownership the president has taken even before he was elected, a lot of us are confident in his ability to steer the policies aright.

Conclusion: Make of it what you want, Nigerians are happy seeing a government that takes actions. It's been many years we saw someone in government suspended or policies being made with bold steps. We are happy.

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by NapoleonHill: 8:07am On Jun 15, 2023
MXrep:

No be Buhari una Messiah hand over to Tinubu? I'm not understanding at all

Okay, you're right. He is.

But can you answer the question? What are the policies you feel can impact our lives this very month or the coming ones?
Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by obembet(f): 8:07am On Jun 15, 2023
XY23:

So far, PBAT hasn't done anything that has translated to better living conditions for the ordinary man. In my opinion, he's riding too fast against the tide. Nigeria is a complex country. One man can't have all the perspectives. He should settle down, get a cabinet and understand our peculiar challenges. I bet you, student loan, subsidy removal and floating the Nigeria the way he has just done, will not make your life better in the coming months .

Please can you tell us what peter obi would have done for this 14 days in office? Just be sincere.

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by flokii: 8:10am On Jun 15, 2023
There was this Yoruba guy I once listened to on Brekete radio who worked in CBN (a very sensitive position in their vault), got fired and blacklisted for exposing missing monies at the apex bank. I wish the new CBN governor can revisit his case and at least clear the guy's name so he can move on with his life.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 15, 2023
XY23:

Please, how old are you? How long has it taken to get Nigeria to this sordid state of affairs? Is it the two weeks and three days Tinubu has been President or the past six decades of woeful, corrupt and unfocused leadership?

Why would any Nigerian adult who knows and appreciate the truth then expect a turn around of our woes in three weeks?

Why would any progressive and genuinely objective Nigerian not be willing to give a new President at least six months in power before constitution themselves into a hateful menace that has criticised everything Tinubu has done since the minute he took oath of office?

You and your ilk are not fooling anyone. Most Nigerians know who you are. They know precisely where you come from and the exact reason hatred is your stock in trade.

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 15, 2023
obembet:

Please can you tell us what peter obi would have done for this 14 days in office? Just be sincere.

Exactly what I asked the sadistic hater above. Perhaps all Nigerians should be billionaires, driving brand new cars and living in duplexes with swimming pools in the two weeks Tinubu has been President.

A grown adult should know to remain silent rather than speak to then make it a known fact that they are sadistic, unreasonable, hateful and twisted.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by maestroferddi: 8:18am On Jun 15, 2023
Workch:
I still support Obi but I cannot because of that not commend right calls.
People like you are the reason why politicians will continue to use your head to play football....

What unique thing has Tinubu done apart from milking from the general revulsion most Nigerians had for Buhari's dismal tenure?

You should not be caught being this naive na...
Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by obembet(f): 8:20am On Jun 15, 2023
Grayoso:

Exactly what I asked the sadistic hater above. Perhaps all Nigerians should be billionaires, driving brand new cars and living in duplexes with swimming pools in the two weeks Tinubu has been President.

A grown adult should know to remain silent rather than speak to then make it a known fact that they are sadistic, unreasonable, hateful and twisted.

What I observe about this people is that, they don't really care about better Nigeria, they just want people in power.

I have read alot online how opposition praise this new administration but only Obidient always see negative about it.

And instead of them to praise Tinubu, they will say he's working on obi script

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by obembet(f): 8:21am On Jun 15, 2023
maestroferddi:
People like are the reason why politicians will continue to use your head to play football....

What unique thing has Tinubu apart from milking from the general revulsion most Nigerians had for Buhari's dismal tenure?

You should not be caught being this naive na...

Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by Padipadi(m): 8:23am On Jun 15, 2023
vowiski:

Lol, when I said west I meant the United States…

Wetin concern me and west and east for Nigeria , ?

We think alike , let me go and edit my earlier submission
Oh, abeg dey explain better jor.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi But, So Far, Tinubu Is Making The Right Calls by Padipadi(m): 8:25am On Jun 15, 2023
obembet:

What I observe about this people is that, they don't really care about better Nigeria, they just want people in power.

I have read alot online how opposition praise this new administration but only Obidient always see negative about it.

And instead of them to praise Tinubu, they will say he's working on obi script

Lmao. Their mental illness can't heal na. They can say that Obi lectured Tinubu. In fact, they said Igbos developed southwest. Meanwhile, their are several pre-colonial images of south west that made pre-colonial images of south east look like only shrines. Their history on the internet or anywhere documented is scanty. People that needs help claiming they ll help others. In short dem no get life

NADECO - USA Drags Tinubu To ECOWAS Over Alleged Certificate Forgery / Cemetery Gate Stolen In Kaduna State Nigeria / Economic Development In Africa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93