Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,934 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie (45186 Views)

I Supported Buhari’s Re-election, Because I Foresaw His Victory ― Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by benjackugo: 1:22pm On Apr 07, 2023
Chimamanda Adichie Reacts To Claims Of Supporting Peter Obi In Her Letter To Biden

Renowned Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Adichie said that her open letter to US President, Joe Biden, was not because of her support for Labour Party's presidential candidate, Peter Obi, IGBERETV reports.

Chimamanda in her letter said that the 2023 presidential election that declared Bola Tinubu, winner was rigged.

She wrote on her Twitter handle;

“I supported Peter Obi, the Labour Party candidate, and hoped he would win, as polls predicted, but I was prepared to accept any result, because we had been assured that technology would guard the sanctity of votes …”

https://twitter.com/ChimamandaReal/status/1644032294724698112?s=19

137 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Neverslumber(f): 1:24pm On Apr 07, 2023
Ok. Chimma

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by pdppower: 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
You claimed you were prepared to accept the results. Why then the long epistle to Biden?

409 Likes 30 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Freetech: 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
Obi himself knew he wouldn't win the election

A day to the election, he told Oyedepo, voters in SW, Niger, Kogi and Kwara wont vote for him. How come same man now claimed he was rigged out in these places.

This opportunistic entity based her own clam of rigging on the fraudulent online polls paid for by Obi and anchored by his foolish friends

With the long epistle dhe wrote, i think she should be made to explain where and how she knew election was rigged.

480 Likes 51 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by paramakina202: 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:
You claimed you were prepared to accept the results. Why then the long epistle to Biden?

Because the election was not free and fair as promised by INEC.

240 Likes 28 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Godfullsam(m): 1:46pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:

Hypocrites

They don't have the maturity to deal with defeats and they don't have the strategy to be a winner.

405 Likes 25 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by BOYS2MEN: 1:47pm On Apr 07, 2023
Million funmilayos no go ever fit reach you Amanda....you are not like the girls from some region that heavily believe in prostitution all in the name of being a celebrity
benjackugo:
Chimamanda Adichie Reacts To Claims Of Supporting Peter Obi In Her Letter To Biden

Renowned Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Adichie said that her open letter to US President, Joe Biden, was not because of her support for Labour Party's presidential candidate, Peter Obi, IGBERETV reports.

Chimamanda in her letter said that the 2023 presidential election that declared Bola Tinubu, winner was rigged.

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44 nlfpmod

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Godfullsam(m): 1:49pm On Apr 07, 2023
Lol grin grin grin

The lady sef grin

She said she supported and hoped he would win as the poll predicted grin

She got carried away by online polls.

429 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by haybhi1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
I used to think this woman was intelligent unhingedly. I was wrong. She's another emotional bigot who thinks everything must go the way her interests want, and nothing exists outside her microcosmic sphere of interest.

She probably isn't aware Igbo mainly has five states, South only has seventeen states. The North has 19 states. Obi is only popular in the South, and only guaranteed success in the Southeast subsection of this south. Tinubu is popular all over, guaranteed success in a subsection of South, and a good section of the North. It's no brainer Tinubu won 1st, Obi 3rd. Why is this so hard for her microscopic political and prejudicative view to chuck in and accept?

I and most my friends are youths, and we rooted for Tinubu, so it surprises me always with where this narrative of "Nigerian youths are angry because Obi lost" is coming from, as there are countless similar lots out there. Not all of us are Obi-denses.

402 Likes 35 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Dindondin(m): 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
Did she just say as polls predicted?
That's an odd statement. Polls has nothing to do with real life. With all her PhD she's still reasoning like a teen girl suffering heartbreaks.

I m neutral.
I never expected Obi to win cos of his support base population. I knew it was btw Tinubu and Atiku. I saw Atiku's chance cutting when Kwankwaso joined.
Cos the north on one way or the other supported Atiku and Kwankwaso.
So what's this Chimamanda drinking?
Instead of coming up with better things to defend herself or keep quiet. In fact, she should keep quiet. Cos anything she says that's not directly I m for Obi ll be seen as betrayal and Obidióts ll drag her farther than Soyinka.
Obi himself ll be dragged by Obidióts in future cos those people are purely those against govt for selfish reasons. There's huge difference btw Obidients and Obidióts. The Obidients are concerned Nigerians. Some are in APC, PDP, LP etc. Obidióts are PDP bots who hide inside LP. Do you all remember ENDSARS protests? The protests has nothing to do with looting or vandalism after the Lekki massacre. But those that looted and vandalized BRT buses are the Obidióts am talking about. They made a mess of the protests. Infact, after Buhari addressed the nation during the protest and promised to reform SARS, Obidióts were the ones that continued till Lekki issue occured. You dig now?
Whynotthetruth:

Polls are scientific...learn and stop celebrating ignorance
Pele science student. And common sense no tell you say science fails or can be manipulated?
Didn't APC and PDP conduct many polls that said they ll win too?
A party capitalised on your weakness, exploited you n made fun of you. Instead of rallying together to know how to progress, you are all constituting nuisance. From your street touts to your literary feminist. Smh.

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by derecho(m): 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kikikiki
One thing I love about OBIdients is that you can't ignore them.

See Datti's comment,
Soyinka crawled out to disgrace himself.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by LordGuru1: 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
Good! I used to hype and love this girl so much, but alas...she has now fallen my hand with cancerous demonic Tribalism. Obviously, she was as excruciatingly Pained as Chinu Achebe that our Great Wole Shoyinka won the World's Most Prestigious Nobel Author's Crown reserved only for the Very BEST of Bests Writers on Earth. So, this Election gave her a chance to voice out the Envy that has been eating her up inside. Chimamanda, you and I know you are on NL and reading this, I was surprised when I read that you were criticizing instead of keeping to your Vow, the Oath you took to Accept anyone Announced by INEC as Winner. Or are you not a Woman of your Word again?! Is it that your true Colour betrayed you as mere Hypocrite eaten up inside by cancerous demonic Enviousness of the Other People's Greatness.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Image123(m): 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
lol, total bulaba. Obi lamba the internet sensation of the Hero beer fame. Kids, learn not to be an Obi.

28 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by NutritionGuru: 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
cool
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by patriotic007: 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
I see some gullible youths supporting a man who openly said political power is not served in a restaurant but it is snatched and run away with......... That alone tells you that this man is a criminal and should never be allowed close to the national treasures......... Anyone supporting evil to prevail in Nigeria will never see good things in this life........ Anyone supporting a mandate thief shall never prosper in anything they lay their hands on.......The blood and tears of the suffering Nigerians who want a better life will always hunt them and their generation....... AMEN

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Benrosaria(m): 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:

exactly why even speak. she has an ulterior motive(intention) behind the writing. which isn't just about the result

14 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Patrioticman007(m): 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
What an Obi_idiot lady, she thinks her epistle will make USA send USA Marines to swear in Yes Daddy coroner, forgetting that their lord & savior Donald Trump is facing criminal charge because he was rigged out by Biden.
Biden cannot topple a legitimate government for one Nzogbu Nzogbu amateur politician, that will soon be invited by International Criminal Court for his " declaration of war on Muslims" due to his islamaphobia.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by crazygod(m): 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:
Because INEC went back on their words, their promise to use BVAS.

8 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by HydraFeeds(m): 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
Your letter is biased and your position of supporting a candidate makes your opinion irrelevant .

It’s a shame that someone like you that speak against western imperialism is the one running to them for salvation from a perceived injustice.

It’s treasonous to lobby people for delegitimization of democratically elected governments and it’s punishable by law .

That being said , The US is struggling for grasp right now and they need all the friends they can get especially Nigeria in Africa and especially now that SA is tilting towards Russia and China .

If USA failed to back Tinubu based on whatever reason,this is an opportunity for China and Russia to fill the vaccuum . Even though I believe USA will not try to make funny jokes and Nigeria does not really need any foreign backers(a tool of control like sanctions)but indigenous developments to create our own course .

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Zico5(m): 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
Every tribe and party have lost election in one way or the other and the country did not collapse. Why should these people take it as do or die. Is there a Hidden agenda on the issue of presidency? Something is fishy and federal government need to unravel this. Thanks to the good people of Nigeria. We dodge serious bullet.

391 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Juliusetoo: 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
benjackugo:

pls tell the useless people
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Okwyjesus(m): 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:

Bcs your country is a fraud. Chimamanda is writing for a world audience indirectly.

How possible is it for Tinubu to win Rivers ?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by siesmyencounter: 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
Chimamanda ,This your Letter is really Making Elections Riggers sooo Crazy ooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Guyman01: 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
Everyone with conscience knows that the election was a huge disappointment, I am already tired of reading comments by ethnic jingoists calling anyone who doubts Tinubu's victory as Igbo.
Nairaland has become a very toxic location.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Saga16: 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
grin

The effeminate voice lost.

7 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Nnefada: 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
Freetech:
Obi himself knew he wouldn't win the election

A day to the election, he told Oyedepo, voters in SW, Niger, Kogi and Kwara wont vote for him. How come same man now claimed he was rigged out in these places.

This opportunistic entity based her own clam of rigging on the fraudulent online polls paid for by Obi and anchored by his foolish friends

With the long epistle dhe wrote, i think she should be made to explain where and how she knew election was rigged.
Pray that your lies doesn't come to hurt you in the future. We all listened to the audio

4 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Afamsi: 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
Chimamanda is greater than Festus Keya-amu, FFK, Reno Omokri and Liar Mohammed combined. She is dishonouring herself replying these apc nincompoops

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill Niger-Delta Militants In Foropa, Bayelsa / 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins / MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.