Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,975 members, 7,814,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo (774 Views)

Arrewa Twitter Praying For Putin To Convert To Islam And Fight For Hamas / Uzodinma Speaks On Declaring Free Marriage Between Fulani Men And Igbo Ladies / Clash Between Fulani And Berom Natives In Plateau. Villagers Killed. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Tranquillity360: 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2023
Arrewa:
Nwanna...

I'm replying this thread because maka no nwokem ka Ibu na this forum.

Onitsha crisis of 2006/2007 were hundreds of northerner were murdered in Onitsha because of a mini disagreement between Fulani cow supplier and Igbo butcher... Which resulted to physical confrontation between the two parties. Only for the Igbo man to be drop dead by the Fulani cow dealer. What happened afterward?

Innocent northners that knew nothing about the incident were attacked and killed including children and women!!

I still have the full record of Onitsha massacre with me!!

Why are your people not speaking against the killing of Nigerians of other ethnicities in East including the killing of our security agencies??

From the northern perspective.... We don't give a fvck about the Igbos... We bearly talk about you people in our public places or in our day to day activities... We are focuse on your region...

You partially stay in the north, and should know this.

But you Igbos at the other hand carry our matters for head like Gala!!

Always attacking northeners both online and offline...

Here on nairaland or Twitter... Igbos always initiate degrading conversation against the north!!
Why?
Your claim that 2006/2007 riot in Onitsha was caused by
mini disagreement between Fulani cow supplier and Igbo butchers is totally false,I know you intentionally lied.
https://www.nairaland.com/7723643/second-time-what-people-se#123724479

The true fact of the event is you Northerners killed hundreds of Igbos in North just because of Muhammad cartoon in Denmark, something that has nothing to do with Igbos.

I was in Onitsha and witnessed everything.

Hundreds of Igbos were targeted and killed by Northerners over Muhammad cartoon protest happening in Denmark simple because Igbos are Christians.
We in Onitsha then heard about killing of our people in North,we took it as normal things Northerners does.

Anger arised when trailers loads of dead bodies of our people arrived Onitsha for burial.
People that couldn't take it took action by hunting Northerners here too.(All Killing is bad) But I can't condemn that act because that single act put a stop to Northerners habits of always Targeting Igbos in any religious misunderstanding.

If not they would have continue attacking Igbos like they always do, even Deborah Case, many Igbos would have fallen for it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/feb/19/muhammadcartoons.ameliahill

Mod allow people that don't know the true fact to learn from here because I saw that Arrewa lie very late.

Nairaland shouldn't allow lies to stand.

7 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Tranquillity360: 2:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
Rich4god Here is what happened, don't believe the lie from Arrewa.

3 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Tranquillity360: 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
Arrewa stop lying,2006 riot in Onitsha was retaliation of hundreds of Igbos killed in North because of Muhammad cartoon in Denmark.

8 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Parachoko: 2:45pm On Jun 15, 2023
The 2006 Riot was a senseless and unnecessary riot

Hundreds of Innocent Nigerians were killed for no sane reason.

May their soul keep on RIP

1 Like

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Tranquillity360: 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2023
Parachoko:

Yeah it was Senseless killing,I don't know why innocent Igbos will be killed by the supposed fellow Nigerians over Muhammad cartoon that happened in far away Denmark.

7 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Depriest2020: 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2023
Your account is 100% true, I was in Onitsha then when that incidence took place, we hid a lot of Northerners inside abbatoir (slaughter house) Marina main market until about 12 truck load of military men came and carried them to safety at Onitsha military Cantonment. That day I was proud of Igbo's, they had no reason to kill people they have stayed together everyday for years, the Northerners there had shops at marina selling men's wears.

Hausa's have lived with Igbo's peacefully in Anambra for decades, they have streets named after them and their towns in Onitsha, names like fegge, Haruna street, Kano street, Bida Road, Sokoto Road are some. Many of them owned buildings before in Onitsha, like No1 Bida Road was owned by a popular Hausa family then, they were into Forex BDC, before they sold the building in early 2000s, the new owner then demolished the old 1 storey building there & built plaza.

When Peter Obi rehabilitated & expanded head bridge, he offered to relocate the Hausa trader's at the cattle & fruit market there a new bigger virgin land at Umunya, to allow for expansion of the Road, also the market has become an eyesore with cow dung littered everywhere when coming to Onitsha from Asaba, Although the trader's chose to move to Asaba end of the bridge head as it's closer to their former market which Asaba residents now call Ogbo Hausa. God bless the peace ✌️ loving northerners.

6 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by SonofLothbrok: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2023
Depriest2020:
Your account is 100% true, I was in Onitsha then when that incidence took place, we hid a lot of Northerners inside abbatoir (slaughter house) Marina main market until about 12 truck load of military men came and carried them to safety at Onitsha military Cantonment. That day I was proud of Igbo's, they had no reason to kill people they have stayed together everyday for years, the Northerners there had shops at marina selling men's wears.

So you hid them till soldiers arrived. You are a saboteur and deserve to be killed.
Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Tranquillity360: 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
SonofLothbrok:

So you hid them till soldiers arrived. You are a saboteur and deserve to be killed.
He No deserve to be killed, millions of Northerners were hidden by Igbos on that events,if not the victims would have been much more.

People hid their Northerner gate men, Northerner friends and neighbors.

We don't need to Kill like Northerners

5 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by SHINJA: 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
Remember when Jonathan won the election in 2011 ...

Alot of Christians were killed by Muslims in Kano state..

E get some kind things person no fit just like to remember...

3 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Tranquillity360: 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
SHINJA:
Remember when Jonathan won the election in 2011 ...

Alot of Christians were killed by Muslims in Kano state..

E get some kind things person no fit just like to remember...

It was targeted on Christians unlike others that they always target Igbos.

Most of the nysc members they killed in 2011 were Yoruba Christians.

4 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by mrvitalis(m): 4:24pm On Jun 15, 2023
Parachoko:

Senseless? It was the first time igbos showed North we can be killers too and yhay ended the targeted attacks on igbos in the North

They have turned to northern Christian minorities since then

You think bandits won't have attacked igbo settlement in the North since if not for that show of madness ?

The only thing that assures peace is Mutual assured destruction

That's why USA can't invade Russia or china or North Korea or the reverse

Northern minorities need to have sense

4 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Depriest2020: 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2023
SonofLothbrok:

Am not a killer, Hausa's are one of the best people on earth. The same way you have people killing in the east, is same way you have few northerners who kills because of religion. You might not believe me, they're good people.
Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by proeast(m): 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

Senseless? It was the first time igbos showed North we can be killers too and yhay ended the targeted attacks on igbos in the North

You think bandits won't have attacked igbo settlement in the North since if not for that show of madness ?

The only thing that assures peace is Mutual assured destruction

That's why USA can't invade Russia or china or North Korea or the reverse

Northern minorities need to have sense

No, that wasn't the first retaliatory killings in the East. During the time of Orji Kalu as governor of Abia state, there was massive retaliatory killings in Aba. I think due to Kaduna killing of Igbos.

Our neighbor then in the same street, Alhaji Labran escaped with his family and never returned. He was rich then and owned cars.

The roads of Aba was littered with dead bodies and the air smelt like there was massive barbecue of goats. I couldn't eat meat or anything suya again after that horrific event.

Thank God that such barbaric killings has stopped in the North.

2 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by mrvitalis(m): 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
proeast:

No, that wasn't the first retaliatory killings in the East. During the time of Orji Kalu as governor of Abia state, there was massive retaliatory killings in Aba. I think due to Kaduna killing of Igbos.

Our neighbor then in the same street, Alhaji Labran escaped with his family and never returned. He was rich then and owned cars.

The roads of Aba was littered with dead bodies and the air smelt like there was massive barbecue of goats. I couldn't eat meat or anything suya again after that horrific event.

Yes aba n Onitsha incident happened not yo far from each other

2 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by JoeyNaza: 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2023
But how can Northerners kill fellow Nigerians because of what is happening in Denmark.

Are the people from that side home bred animals or hell bound beasts because it beats my understanding.

I'm seriously reconsidering this One Nigeria of a thing because it hasn't brought Igbos a single benefit at all.

4 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Tranquillity360: 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
proeast:

It was the Same 2006,Aba heard about dead bodies of Igbos brought back with trailer in Onitsha.

Is better make everyone respect himself, don't Kill others so that there won't be retaliation.

2 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Tranquillity360: 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

Yes aba n Onitsha incident happened not yo far from each other
It was the same time and the same cause.

1 Like

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by enemybulldozer(m): 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2023
Tranquillity360:
Your claim that 2006/2007 riot in Onitsha was caused by
mini disagreement between Fulani cow supplier and Igbo butchers is totally false,I know you intentionally lied.
https://www.nairaland.com/7723643/second-time-what-people-se#123724479

The true fact of the event is you Northerners killed hundreds of Igbos in North just because of Muhammad cartoon in Denmark, something that has nothing to do with Igbos.

I was in Onitsha and witnessed everything.

Hundreds of Igbos were targeted and killed by Northerners over Muhammad cartoon protest happening in Denmark simple because Igbos are Christians.
We in Onitsha then heard about killing of our people in North,we took it as normal things Northerners does.

Anger arised when trailers loads of dead bodies of our people arrived Onitsha for burial.
People that couldn't take it took action by hunting Northerners here too.(All Killing is bad) But I can't condemn that act because that single act put a stop to Northerners habits of always Targeting Igbos in any religious misunderstanding.

If not they would have continue attacking Igbos like they always do, even Deborah Case, many Igbos would have fallen for it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/feb/19/muhammadcartoons.ameliahill

Mod allow people that don't know the true fact to learn from here because I saw that Arrewa lie very late.

Nairaland shouldn't allow lies to stand.
Also show this to that Arrewa let him compare and contrast.

2 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by enemybulldozer(m): 6:13pm On Jun 15, 2023
proeast:

You're correct I witnessed it because, I was in Aba then for a cousins wedding I came 5 days before the wedding to help in some errands. what I saw in the streets made me to shed tears which affected me on the wedding day, I was so weak that I couldn't participate very well on the ceremony.

May God help us in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by maxist2020(m): 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
It is good that history is documented for such purpose like this, see the way Tranquility360 came up with this mischievous post just to paint Igbo bad.
I am not an Igbo man,I am an igala but the hate on this people by Nigerians is too much,what have they done to deserve such hatred?
This people said since you don't want us let us separate and go our way you people said no, then accept us let us be one you said no.
May God punish anybody who will just wake up in the morning and instead of looking for how he/she can earn legitimate living will decide to fill his stomach with hatred and spewing everywhere.
Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Parachoko: 7:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

Violence didn't take place in the South East alone

You guys love beating your chest unnecessarily
Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Tranquillity360: 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
maxist2020:
It is good that history is documented for such purpose like this, see the way Tranquility360 came up with this mischievous post just to paint Igbo bad.
I am not an Igbo man,I am an igala but the hate on this people by Nigerians is too much,what have they done to deserve such hatred?
This people said since you don't want us let us separate and go our way you people said no, then accept us let us be one you said no.
May God punish anybody who will just wake up in the morning and instead of looking for how he/she can earn legitimate living will decide to fill his stomach with hatred and spewing everywhere.
Oga Ready to understand not just to reply.

Arrewa lied in one thread accusing Igbos of killing Northerners in 2006 over mini
disagreementt between Fulani cow supplier and Igbo butchers.
Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Strafudeen: 9:01pm On Jun 15, 2023
Is the arrewa scared of coming to this thread?
Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Tranquillity360: 5:43am On Jun 16, 2023
Strafudeen:
Is the arrewa scared of coming to this thread?
The liar has peeped and run away.
Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Neddstark: 5:47am On Jun 16, 2023
The killings were instant retaliation to the killings of Igbos in the North. We all remembered the story.
Igbo and Hausa, na their head dey hot pass for Nigeria.
Re: Arrewa :2006 Riot Wasn't Mini Disagreement Between Fulani Cow Supplier And Igbo by Adaisback(f): 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
Arrewa, you should be ashamed of yourself for defending one of the worst tribe in the world. People whose other name is ' kill and die' . Are you still wondering why they are at each other's throat today? The next time you rope Igbos in your stupidity I will curb it for you. Ekwensu

(1) (Reply)

PEPT: Court Concedes Proof Against Peter Obi Not Being An Individual From Work P / The Moment Tinubu Arrives African Union (AU) Summit in Kenya / BDC Operators Caution Currency Speculators As Naira Gains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.