Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. (5123 Views)

Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC / Dokpesi: Atiku Will Vacate Office After 4 years For President Of SE Extraction / Rapid Urbanization And Expansion Of SE Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 3:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
Me I don tire for the thing I dey see for nairaland.

I keep seeing that igbos hate other tribe, I keep seeing that igbos do not respect their host.... I keep seeing all sort of things.

But I ask again, what have the Igbos done wrong in Nigeria.?

The Igbos are scattered all over Nigeria, but I have never seen or heard where the Igbos fought the local community and take over their land. All the land, houses, and shops that we own, we bought or rented it. We did not demolish anybody's house, we didn't kill and stole their land yet we are been called all sort of names.
There have been too many riots in the past. There have been riots in the north, in South west targeted against one tribe or religion, but I am not sure that there have ever been a riot I the east targeted against the yorubas or the hausas, except for now that UGM and IPOD issue sprang up. Yet they say we hate other tribes.

There have been fighting Several times between the hausa and yorubas in the south west over little issue... Am yet to see any region where there was a fighting between the Igbos and the locals. Yet they said na the igbo dey cause trouble, whilst all we need is just a place to do business.

They said Igbos don't welcome people to their region, but am yet to see where a group of people where chased out from the east for the sole reason that they are not Igbo. A little traveling in the east will reveal to high the high population of hausas residing in the east, despite the issue of UGM, a lot of them are still there. It is not our fault that some people have refused to travel out of their region.

They said we don't give people land. If you have your money, go to the east and look for land, you will see and buy. When we went to other regions, we bought land with our money, no govt agency gave us land free.
So when you get to the east, look for land and buy, then come back and tell us if you were denied the land because you are Igbo.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2023
In politics, we have voted id from other region. Even when Ojukwu contested, we didn't vote for him much. In 2019, we voted completely for a Hausa man, no body shouted that we are been tribalistic. But the moment we voted for our Obi, everyone descended on us saying that we are being tribalistic.

The north that have been voting for their so s almost every election have never been accused of been tribalistic.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Arrewa: 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nwanna...

I'm replying this thread because maka no nwokem ka Ibu na this forum.

Onitsha crisis of 2006/2007 were hundreds of northerner were murdered in Onitsha because of a mini disagreement between Fulani cow supplier and Igbo butcher... Which resulted to physical confrontation between the two parties. Only for the Igbo man to be drop dead by the Fulani cow dealer. What happened afterward?

Innocent northners that knew nothing about the incident were attacked and killed including children and women!!

I still have the full record of Onitsha massacre with me!!

Why are your people not speaking against the killing of Nigerians of other ethnicities in East including the killing of our security agencies??

From the northern perspective.... We don't give a fvck about the Igbos... We bearly talk about you people in our public places or in our day to day activities... We are focuse on your region...

You partially stay in the north, and should know this.

But you Igbos at the other hand carry our matters for head like Gala!!

Always attacking northeners both online and offline...

Here on nairaland or Twitter... Igbos always initiate degrading conversation against the north!!
Why?

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2023
Someone said that we don't sell lands locate at rural. It will help u to note that lands at rural areas are ancestral lands. Those lands were inherited from fathers to fathers. And in our culture, you will hardly see an igbo man selling his father's land. Even if an igbo man in severe poverty, he will hardly sell his inherited land. Those who eventually sale their own land will hardly sell to someone not from their village/kindred how much more selling it to someone from another state. This is a cultural thing and not because we don't want to sell the land to others.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
Elections are over please!

You people should channel your energy against 2031 election, not asking questions that will change nothing.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Ofemmanu1: 3:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
Rich4god:

IGBO in their confusion, infusion and frustration arising from pride and over estimation of themselves leading them to a series of saboteur maniac syndromes.
Igbos broadly divided other Nigerians into three broad categories- Those they hate, those they deride and those they fear.
Those they hate are the yorubas whom they call traitors, tribalists and cowards. Yet no race in Nigeria have been more tribal than the IGBOS.
There are historical facts to prove this. If something is ten and igbos are not allowed to take 15, so that the rest of us can share minus 5, lgbos will cry marginalisation and label the rest us tribalists.
However there is no race in this country that have been more accommodating of the lgbos than the Yorubas, there is no single igbo leader that did not grow up in the South West or is a beneficiary of Yoruba largesse.
Zik went to CMS GRAMMAR SCHOOL, Adolphus wabara went to AHMADIYA COLLEGE AGEGE, Ken Nnamani went to LOYOLA COLLEGE IBADAN, Ojukwu and Ekwueme went to KINGS COLLEGE, Okpara went to YABA TECH while Phillip Emegwali went to AQUINAS COLLEGE, AKURE. Even my brother Anadu went to IMADE COLLEGE OWO, Peter OBI made Lagos Home after 8years of Ruling Anambra etc.
All major Igbo politicians cut their political teeth in the West. Their major religious leaders cannot thrive outside the West.
Pastor Muoka, Pastor Ezekiel of Four Square and Okonkwo of TREM are examples.
I remember that after the civil WAR, Igbos who came back to ILE IFE were allowed TUITION FREE while the YORUBAS in NSUKKA were rusticated. Example is Pastor Adeboye.
Yet lgbos reserve their greatest hatred for the Yorubas for reasons being that the yorubas refused to be dominated by the yebbos to confront the North.
As to the label of cowardice, had there been any war between the yorubas and the lbos in which the lbos defeated the Yorubas? In the whole ancestral history of Ndigbo, which war has the forefathers or great forefathers fought? Any empire in their history? Yet the yorubas have worsted the lgbos FIVE times in the political history of Nigeria.

As to the label of treachery, had there been any agreement the yorubas signed with the yebbos and they reneged? The answer is no. Yet the yorubas have records of Igbo treachery on the two occasions they formed alliance with them. In 1964 to fight the federal election, the yorubas formed an Alliance called UPGA with the Ibos to be led by Okpara because major Yoruba leaders were in jail.
There was an agreement that the election must be boycotted. The Igbos sabotaged it, went and contested election while the West kept to the agreement.
In 1979 the West went into alliance with the lbos and formed PPA - PROGRESSIVE PEOPLE ALLIANCE.
Again Igbo sabotaged it so that they can produce Speaker house of Representatives. Who then is traitor?

The second category are the Eastern minorities made up of present Rivers, Akwa lbom, Cross Rivers and Bayelsa. The igbos see them as subhuman with tidal brain. Until the creation of Rivers State by Gowon, no OGONI man can sleep on the hospital bed in Bori GENERAL HOSPITAL . As at 1977 only UYO ,PHC and CALABAR had electricity light. They were so underdeveloped by their Igbo overseers that you will think that you were in the Congo jungle.
Until Diette Spiff, there was no Ikwere named Street in Port Harcourt. To show how deep the derision is, the present Biafran agitatators changed the name of RIBISI (Phc) to IGWOCHA as if the IKWERES do not exist.

The third category are the Hausa Fulani.
The igbos pretend to hate the Fulanis but the truth is that the Igbo man is subservient to them. Ignore the noise. There are historical facts to justify this. Zik served under BALEWA, EKWUEME served under SHAGARI and EKEREMANDU zoned the PDP presidency to the North because he wants to be the VICE PRESIDENT to a Northerner.
After the civil war and OJUKWU was granted amnesty for his rebellion against constituted authority, he returned to Nigeria and he joined the Hausa fulani party (NPN) of those he accused of genocide against his Igbo people. It is Igbo tragedy that they hate and deride those who grow and sustain them while they cringe to those(the hausas) who kick them like balls.

Igbos are the only race in nigeria that celebrate failure. In 1982, the igbos celebrated the defeat of biafra by welcoming ojukwu with fanfare on his return from asylum haven been granted amnesty by the igbo overlords- the hausa fulani. He revelled in the fanfare and promptly married FFK leftover Kpekus(Bianca)- Forgetting the over 3million lgbos that died in the war and with many of them languishing at OJI RIVER CAMP.

The second celebration is the release of kanu with the most humiliating bail conditions ever granted an accused in the annals of Nigerian justice system.
A bail conditions targeted at the entire Igbo race and granted by an Hausa Fulani judge, i could not believe that with all the noise, such bail conditions will be signed. But he signed and in his eagerness to leave kuje he abandoned his two conspirators in kuje.
The bail conditions wiped out the Identity of the ibos and EKEREMANDU was made the enforcer of the conditions.
Now Kanu is back at kuje prisons eating watery beans and Ekweremadu is languishing away in UK detention.

Pandorra Obituary was encumbranced fair and square with Ewedu and Amala Politicking pricision engineered by no one but the Jagaban, yet yeebhoes are still crying marginalization with Nzogbu-nzobu headless mob.

FFK is a polemist like Femi ARIBISALA and Deji ADEYANJU etc. They have the capacity to argue both sides of the same point. The igbos regard them as their hero just like Ayo fayose the Eze gburugburu the second and a comedian -Mr. Macaroni.
I hope very soon the igbo will not start blaming them as they blamed Awo for everything that went wrong with their prosecution of the biafran war.
Now a certain Opportunist named Patrick Chinedu Rhodes-Vivor who's riding on the back of Tinubu tenant in Lagos- Peter OBI and supported by the Gala sellers association of Lagos is threatening to Remove Oba AKINOLU if he become the Governor, he forgot the Yoruba saying that says- A child that said when he grow-up, he'll make Rattle-snake' head his Favourite meat, y'all know the rest.
I rest.

69 Likes 17 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
Arrewa:
Nwanna...

Baba how far, how ur side? Been a while.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Arrewa: 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2023
Rich4god:

Baba how far, how ur side? Been a while.

yes, been a while... Good to see old big boy on this forum. People Whit Matured and objective mind to some extent.

I hope you engage and respond to my assertions above, Rationally...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by ayokellany: 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ask yourself what others have done to the igbos to understand your wail of foolishness needs to stop.

Rich4god:
In politics, we have voted id from other region. Even when Ojukwu contested, we didn't vote for him much. In 2019, we voted completely for a Hausa man, no body shouted that we are been tribalistic. But the moment we voted for our Obi, everyone descended on us saying that we are being tribalistic.

The north that have been voting for their so s almost every election have never been accused of been tribalistic.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Flangelo12: 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

IGBO in their confusion, infusion and frustration arising from pride and over estimation of themselves leading them to a series of saboteur maniac syndromes.
Igbos broadly divided other Nigerians into three broad categories- Those they hate, those they deride and those they fear.
Those they hate are the yorubas whom they call traitors, tribalists and cowards. Yet no race in Nigeria have been more tribal than the IGBOS.
There are historical facts to prove this. If something is ten and igbos are not allowed to take 15, so that the rest of us can share minus 5, lgbos will cry marginalisation and label the rest us tribalists.
However there is no race in this country that have been more accommodating of the lgbos than the Yorubas, there is no single igbo leader that did not grow up in the South West or is a beneficiary of Yoruba largesse.
Zik went to CMS GRAMMAR SCHOOL, Adolphus wabara went to AHMADIYA COLLEGE AGEGE, Ken Nnamani went to LOYOLA COLLEGE IBADAN, Ojukwu and Ekwueme went to KINGS COLLEGE, Okpara went to YABA TECH while Phillip Emegwali went to AQUINAS COLLEGE, AKURE. Even my brother Anadu went to IMADE COLLEGE OWO, Peter OBI made Lagos Home after 8years of Ruling Anambra etc.
All major Igbo politicians cut their political teeth in the West. Their major religious leaders cannot thrive outside the West.
I remember that after the civil WAR, Igbos who came back to ILE IFE were allowed TUITION FREE while the YORUBAS in NSUKKA were rusticated. Example is Pastor Adeboye.
Yet lgbos reserve their greatest hatred for the Yorubas for reasons being that the yorubas refused to be dominated by the yebbos to confront the North.
As to the label of cowardice, had there been any war between the yorubas and the lbos in which the lbos defeated the Yorubas? In the whole ancestral history of Ndigbo, which war has the forefathers or great forefathers fought? Any empire in their history? Yet the yorubas have worsted the lgbos FIVE times in the political history of Nigeria.

As to the label of treachery, had there been any agreement the yorubas signed with the yebbos and they reneged? The answer is no. Yet the yorubas have records of Igbo treachery on the two occasions they formed alliance with them. In 1964 to fight the federal election, the yorubas formed an Alliance called UPGA with the Ibos to be led by Okpara because major Yoruba leaders were in jail.
There was an agreement that the election must be boycotted. The Igbos sabotaged it, went and contested election while the West kept to the agreement.
In 1979 the West went into alliance with the lbos and formed PPA - PROGRESSIVE PEOPLE ALLIANCE.
Again Igbo sabotaged it so that they can produce Speaker house of Representatives. Who then is traitor?

The second category are the Eastern minorities made up of present Rivers, Akwa lbom, Cross Rivers and Bayelsa. The igbos see them as subhuman with tidal brain. Until the creation of Rivers State by Gowon, no OGONI man can sleep on the hospital bed in Bori GENERAL HOSPITAL . As at 1977 only UYO ,PHC and CALABAR had electricity light. They were so underdeveloped by their Igbo overseers that you will think that you were in the Congo jungle.
Until Diette Spiff, there was no Ikwere named Street in Port Harcourt. To show how deep the derision is, the present Biafran agitatators changed the name of RIBISI (Phc) to IGWOCHA as if the IKWERES do not exist.

The igbos pretend to hate the Fulanis but the truth is that the Igbo man is subservient to them. Ignore the noise. There are historical facts to justify this. Zik served under BALEWA, EKWUEME served under SHAGARI and EKEREMANDU zoned the PDP presidency to the North because he wants to be the VICE PRESIDENT to a Northerner.
After the civil war and OJUKWU was granted amnesty for his rebellion against constituted authority, he returned to Nigeria and he joined the Hausa fulani party (NPN) of those he accused of genocide against his Igbo people. It is Igbo tragedy that they hate and deride those who grow and sustain them while they cringe to those(the hausas) who kick them like balls.

Igbos are the only race in nigeria that celebrate failure. In 1982, the igbos celebrated the defeat of biafra by welcoming ojukwu with fanfare on his return from asylum haven been granted amnesty by the igbo overlords- the hausa fulani. He revelled in the fanfare and promptly married FFK left over- forgotten the over 3million lgbos that died in the war and with many of them languishing at OJI RIVER CAMP.
The second celebration is the release of kanu with the most humiliating bail conditions ever granted an accused in the annals of Nigerian justice system. A bail conditions targeted at the entire Igbo race and granted by an Hausa Fulani judge. I could not believe that with all the noise, such bail conditions will be signed. But he signed and in his eagerness to leave kuje he abandoned his two conspirators in kuje. The bail conditions wiped out the Identity of the ibos and EKEREMANDU was made the enforcer of the conditions.
Now Kanu is back at kuje prisons eating watery beans and Ekweremadu is languishing away in UK detention.

Pandorra Obituary was encumbranced fair and square by pricision engineered by no one but the Jagaban, yet yeebhoes are still crying.
FFK is a polemist like Femi ARIBISALA and Deji ADEYANJU etc. They have the capacity to argue both sides of the same point. The igbos regard them as their hero just like Ayo fayose the Eze gburugburu the second.
I hope very soon the igbo will not start blaming them as they blamed Awo for everything that went wrong with their prosecution of the biafran war.
Now a certain Opportunist named Patrick Chinedu Rhodes-Vivor who's riding on the back of Tinubu tenant in Lagos- Peter OBI and supported by the Gala sellers association of Lagos is threatening to Remove Oba AKINOLU if he become the Governor, he forgot the Yoruba saying that says- A child that said when he grow-up, he'll make Rattle-snake' head his Favourite meat, y'all know the rest.
I rest.

Bro.

This is a thesis.

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Mrfeel: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
Arrewa:
Nwanna...

Onitsha crisis of 2006/2007 were hundreds of northerner were murdered in Onitsha because of a mini disagreement between Fulani cow supplier and Igbo butcher... Which resulted to physical confrontation between the two parties. Only for the Igbo man to be drop dead by the Fulani cow dealer. What happened afterward?

Innocent northners that knew nothing about the incident were attacked and killed including children and women!!

Why are your people not speaking against the killing of Nigerians of other ethnicities in East including the killing of our security agencies??

From the northern perspective.... We don't give a fvck about the Igboa... We bearly talk about you people in our public places or in our day to day activities... We are focuse on your region...

Here on nairaland or Twitter... Igbos always initiate degrading conversation against the north!!
Mynd44 , we don't need this thread here ,pls take it down , arrewa if you northerners don't talk or give a damn about igbo's ,then keep it that way , cause creating this thread means you do care about the Igbos , you are asking questions about past crisis that led to the death of innocent northerners, but why not take it back as far back as 1940s where the same thing happened to Igbos in the north repeatedly ?

Mynd44 take this thread down

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by jahsharon: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
This one is mentally unstable

12 Likes

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Winneepye: 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2023
NZOGBU-NZOGBU tribe always in the fighting mode.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Musrataman(m): 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
Rich4god:
Me I don tire for the thing I dey see for nairaland.

I keep seeing that igbos hate other tribe, I keep seeing that igbos do not respect their host.... I keep seeing all sort of things.

But I ask again, what have the Igbos done wrong in Nigeria.?

The Igbos are scattered all over Nigeria, but I have never seen or heard where the Igbos fought the local community and take over their land. All the land, houses, and shops that we own, we bought or rented it. We did not demolish anybody's house, we didn't kill and stole their land yet we are been called all sort of names.
There have been too many riots in the past. There have been riots in the north, in South west targeted against one tribe or religion, but I am not sure that there have ever been a riot I the east targeted against the yorubas or the hausas, except for now that UGM and IPOD issue sprang up. Yet they say we hate other tribes.

There have been fighting Several times between the hausa and yorubas in the south west over little issue... Am yet to see any region where there was a fighting between the Igbos and the locals. Yet they said na the igbo dey cause trouble, whilst all we need is just a place to do business.

They said Igbos don't welcome people to their region, but am yet to see where a group of people where chased out from the east for the sole reason that they are not Igbo. A little traveling in the east will reveal to high the high population of hausas residing in the east, despite the issue of UGM, a lot of them are still there. It is not our fault that some people have refused to travel out of their region.

They said we don't give people land. If you have your money, go to the east and look for land, you will see and buy. When we went to other regions, we bought land with our money, no govt agency gave us land free.
So when you get to the east, look for land and buy, then come back and tell us if you were denied the land because you are Igbo.

How old are you?
Igbo is hated in Ghana, south African, Asia, everywhere and you make it look like it is only in Nigeria.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Rich4god(m): 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2023
Arrewa:
Nwanna...

I do not have much information about this riot, but the little I gathered was that this was a retaliatory riot because of that happened in the north. Am not in anyway giving it a thumbs up. Like I said, I will dig into it and get back to you.

Aside from that riot, which other riots have happened in the east and compare it to that of other regions.

From the northern perspective.... We don't give a fvck about the Igboa... We bearly talk about you people in our public places or in our day to day activities... We are focuse on your region... But partially stay in the north, and should know this.

Lol.... You and I knw that lots of Igbos have been condemning the killings, if you check my post too, you will see that I myself have on a number of occasions condemned the killings.

Most Igbos talk here on nairaland because of the post been created by others. Check the whole of politics section, almost every thread is channeled towards Igbos, and so this make them to speak up in defence, just as you are doing.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Ofemmanu1: 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2023
Flangelo12:

Bro.

This is a thesis.
Now that Bola Tinubu is on the throne, instead of Igbos to lick their wounds and make alignment where necessary, they will continue the bitterness and marginalization game.
Very soon BAT will handover power back to the North and the same cycle continues.

Normally, humans live and learn but Igbos?!

They just live and shout, the'll never learn.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by demmie1: 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Igbos are the only race in nigeria that celebrate failure. In 1982, the igbos celebrated the defeat of biafra by welcoming ojukwu with fanfare on his return from asylum haven been granted amnesty by the igbo overlords- the hausa fulani. He revelled in the fanfare and promptly married FFK left over- forgotten the over 3million lgbos that died in the war and with many of them languishing at OJI RIVER CAMP.
The second celebration is the release of kanu with the most humiliating bail conditions ever granted an accused in the annals of Nigerian justice system. A bail conditions targeted at the entire Igbo race and granted by an Hausa Fulani judge. I could not believe that with all the noise, such bail conditions will be signed. But he signed and in his eagerness to leave kuje he abandoned his two conspirators in kuje. The bail conditions wiped out the Identity of the ibos and EKEREMANDU was made the enforcer of the conditions.

Pandorra Obituary was encumbranced fair and square by pricision engineered by no one but the Jagaban, yet yeebhoes are still crying.
FFK is a polemist like Femi ARIBISALA and Deji ADEYANJU etc. They have the capacity to argue both sides of the same point. The igbos regard them as their hero just like Ayo fayose the Eze gburugburu the second.
I rest.
Apt.

Ibos are uncouth, dishonest and ungrateful people that refuse to learn and feel sorry for the wrongs they have done.
Nigeria was running a stable regional government jeje, but these greedy people see others as naive and usurped a working system which backfired against them now they start crying that others hate them yet they refuse to change the psyche that pushed them to do the evil that prompted them to destroy the only stable structure Nigeria ever had

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2023
In your deep mind, have you ever reflected on what the igbos , the children of hate post on Nairaland against the president of Nigeria?
How they blackmail the Yorubas?
How they instigate the Nairaland moderators to ban our E-warrior compatriots that stood for PBAT?
No room for the enemies of Nigeria.
No room for the children of Oluchi of Alaigbo.
You ain't see anything.
You will all flee from Yoruba land by the time we are done with you.
Our patriotic E-warriors are ready for the children of Alaigbo.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Musrataman(m): 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2023
Arrewa:
Nwanna...

From the northern perspective.... We don't give a fvck about the Igbos... We bearly talk about you people in our public places or in our day to day activities... We are focuse on your region...

Why?

No tribes like Igbo in this country, even outsider's don't like them because they are very bad people.

They will continue to dismeaning their status for the minority in the south south as you're seeing today.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Belafonte(m): 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2023
What have igbos done wrong?

Disrespect for other peoples' beliefs and way of life. Period. You people see yourselves and your ways as superior and it informs your attitudes and communication towards others. You lack regard for other people's customs and cultures and even their heritage, eg, "we developed Lagos" "na we get Lagos".

Yorubas might not say anything when you spout such grating drivel and we won't forget, but we will remind you when a Chinedu wants to contest for governorship of Lagos.

Do you know that, I, a yoruba man travelled outside Lagos (my place of primary residence) to vote Obi? And I regretted that act before the end of election day. Why? Because when Obi won Tinubu in Lagos, we started hearing all sorts of nonsense like "we go take Lagos from them" grin. Una papa. Wetin una wan take? That is why Chinedu was roundly defeated in Lagos.

I promise you, a lot of yorubas who voted for Sanwo Olu voted for Obi and would have cast their votes for Chinedu if you and your people had the little thing called respect.

I can beat my chest and say that I am a detribalised Nigerian but I'm not so detribalised that I'm ignorant of igbo ways of disrespect, both overt and covert.

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Musrataman(m): 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2023
Rich4god:
Someone said that we don't sell lands locate at rural. It will help u to note that lands at rural areas are ancestral lands. Those lands were inherited from fathers to fathers. And in our culture, you will hardly see an igbo man selling his father's land. Even if an igbo man in severe poverty, he will hardly sell his inherited land. Those who eventually sale their own land will hardly sell to someone not from their village/kindred how much more selling it to someone from another state. This is a cultural thing and not because we don't want to sell the land to others.

Which normal Nigerian will buy land in south east

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Belafonte(m): 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2023
A word of advice to igbos. When you are in a competition, you must learn the rules of the competition and play by them. You can only change the rules when you have attained rulership of the competition and not before.

You must learn to negotiate and compromise, otherwise you will wail and wail till eternity and be opening sorrowful threads like this one.

Shalom

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by triple996(m): 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Pandorra Obituary was encumbranced fair and square with Ewedu and Amala Politicking pricision engineered by no one but the Jagaban, yet yeebhoes are still crying marginalization with Nzogbu-nzobu deadheads.

I rest.

🤣🤣😂😂
bro that was brutal.
U really finish dis people

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Musrataman(m): 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Pandorra Obituary was encumbranced fair and square with Ewedu and Amala Politicking pricision engineered by no one but the Jagaban, yet yeebhoes are still crying marginalization with Nzogbu-nzobu deadheads.

I rest.

Igbo situations in Nigeria will get worsen nationwide.
The autonomous state shettima spoke about years ago, for Lagos in audio track has been unleash already against Igbo.

Igbo are too bad, and they knew this

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Belafonte(m): 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Now that Bola Tinubu is on the throne, instead of Igbos to lick their wounds and make alignment where necessary, they will continue the bitterness and marginalization game.
Very soon BAT will handover power back to the North and the same cycle continues.

Normally, humans live and learn but Igbos?!

They just live and shout, the'll never learn.

They can never. They don't have the capacity for collaboration

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Musrataman(m): 4:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
Mrfeel:

Mynd44 , we don't need this thread here ,pls take it down , arrewa if you northerners don't talk or give a damn about igbo's ,then keep it that way , cause creating this thread means you do care about the Igbos , you are asking questions about past crisis that led to the death of innocent northerners, but why not take it back as far back as 1940s where the same thing happened to Igbos in the north repeatedly ?

Mynd44 take this thread down

The only solution to the Igbo quest is Biafra, you people should stop seeing yourselves as Nigerians cos Nigeria doesn't want you.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Belafonte(m): 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ofemmanu1: Igbos are the only race in nigeria that celebrate failure. In 1982, the igbos celebrated the defeat of biafra by welcoming ojukwu with fanfare on his return from asylum haven been granted amnesty by the igbo overlords- the hausa fulani. He revelled in the fanfare and promptly married FFK left over- forgotten the over 3million lgbos that died in the war and with many of them languishing at OJI RIVER CAMP.

I'm not surprised by this. "Bravery" is their highest aspiration and it is foolish bravery. They cannot strategise for long stretches of time, they cannot calculate and give concessions when necessary. Nzogbu nzogbu is their only strategy

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Mrfeel: 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2023
Musrataman:

The only solution to the Igbo quest is Biafra, you people should stop seeing yourselves as Nigerians cos Nigeria doesn't want you.
Will being Biafra , stop Igbos from being Igbos? It's not about biafra or Nigeria it's about igbo and the rest

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by starstaz(m): 4:17pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Now Kanu is back at kuje prisons eating watery beans and Ekweremadu is languishing away in UK detention

This is Compendium at a glance. Good job.

Many things we don't know can be seen and connected in this your summarization of our tribal relationship. Nice job

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Belafonte(m): 4:17pm On Jun 11, 2023
Rich4god:

I do not have much information about this riot, but the little I gathered was that this was a retaliatory riot because of that happened in the north. Am not in anyway giving it a thumbs up. Like I said, I will dig into it and get back to you.

Aside from that riot, which other riots have happened in the east and compare it to that of other regions.

Lol.... You and I knw that lots of Igbos have been condemning the killings, if you check my post too, you will see that I myself have on a number of occasions condemned the killings.

Most Igbos talk here on nairaland because of the post been created by others. Check the whole of politics section, almost every thread is channeled towards Igbos, and so this make them to speak up in defence, just as you are doing.

Oh, so now that it's your turn to be stereotyped you can make the distinction between some igbos for and against an agenda, but when it comes time for igbos to stereotype other tribes you can freely profile all members of one tribe under a certain agenda? Can you now see that you're deceiving yourselves grin. You guys are comedians. If all Nigerians hate igbos according to you and your brothers, then by your very own logic you all are terrorists and terrorist sympathisers. Capisce? grin grin grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2023
See this idiot, how can you target Yorubas in southeast when there aren’t Yorubas there? Oponu

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: For A Second Time; What Have The People Of SE Don Wrong. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2023
Arrewa:
Nwanna...

Why?

It’s not just the north but against Yorubans as well, I wonder why

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Did Gov. Chibuike Amaechi Of Rivers State Betray Gen Muhammadu Buhari? / Why We Must All Support Full Sharia In The North. / JUST IN!!! “APC Has Betrayed Me”, Okorocha Cries Out, Threatens To Decamp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.