Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest (18619 Views)

Guide on writing for profit using iwriter. / How Profitable Is Rental Business? / Rental Business - How Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 11, 2011
I didn't want to do this before but i'll take you up on your offer and write an essay. I would like this to succeed in Naija because I know it has so much potential. A lot of our people are willing to read but don't have so much access to some of these things.
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by kcjazz(m): 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2011
@Seun did you get my MSN email?
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by Seun(m): 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2011
kcjazz:

@Seun did you get my MSN email?
Yes, just replied. If you can find a way to work with the N1m budget in the rules, that will really help a lot. smiley
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by LagBlogger(m): 10:10pm On Oct 12, 2011
Seun Exercise a little patience, mine will be ready on thursday or friday
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by Seun(m): 10:30am On Oct 13, 2011
On Tuesday, I was really discouraged because I thought this contest was going to fail!

However, since then, I've gotten 3 entries, which means if I get no other submissions, the 3
of them are going to in the prizes. One of the contestants actually wrote a full business plan,
which initially seemed to be a bit much, but on my second reading, I noticed that she was
the only one who took the N1m budget limit serious and tried to find a way to make it work.

I want to urge the current contestants to keep improving their entries because other contestants
might submit much better entries on the last day (tomorrow) and rob you of your deserved prize.

The contest closes at 12 midnight tomorrow (Friday), so you have just 37 hours 30 minutes to go!
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by freecocoa(f): 11:22am On Oct 13, 2011
I'm trying to write but the 1m naira limit is making it difficult for me. I'll keep trying, hopefully I would come up with something before midnight.
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by kcjazz(m): 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2011
So Seun does the 1 million include rental space? Or just the Library infrastructure?
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by Seun(m): 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2011
Ok, you can raise the limit to N2m. Since this is the last day. But it will count against you.
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by MrGlobe(m): 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2011
wad up? How just saw an update of this post on my mail. How did the brian drain end? How was the ideas like? Did anybody push it? Can we see the entries - lol.
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by Seun(m): 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2011
It ends tomorrow at midnight. You still have 25 hours and 12 minutes.
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by MrGlobe(m): 11:18pm On Oct 13, 2011
share the entries you have got so far lets see if you've got any. It seems your price is not turning people on anyway but good idea sha. I just want to know if the entries you have are innovative
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by oduaht: 8:33am On Oct 14, 2011
don't worry. i'm sending my entry today and it's going to be,
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by nateevs(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2011
How many entries so far please, if I may ask?
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by Seun(m): 1:14pm On Oct 14, 2011
@nateevs 6 or 7. I also got about 5 or 6 that have nothing to do with media rental.
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by Seun(m): 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2011
Today is the final day of the media rental library business strategy essay contest. 9 hours left!
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by Seun(m): 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2011
2 hours left!
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by pwiz(m): 10:54pm On Oct 14, 2011
Seun:

2 hours left!
still on the matter. Lol
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by nateevs(m): 10:53am On Oct 17, 2011
Can we get an update of what happened then?
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by Seun(m): 11:32am On Oct 17, 2011
@nateevs: Sure. Got a lot of entries and I think I've decided on who the best 2 are. I showed the top 5 to a business consultant and the best and 2nd best she picked are also my best and second-best.

Some people sent entries on ebooks and dvd rental, but I can't really grade them if they didn't include physical books in their proposals, so I guess I should have been a bit more strict about the rules. A follow-up contest about dvd rental and e-books specifically might work. We'll see.

All I have left to do now is go through the entries one more time and pick the third best entry.
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by spotless(m): 1:39pm On Oct 17, 2011
but i thought you said media rental business and include ebooks, DVDs, CDs etc and not just physical books.
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by Seun(m): 1:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
spotless:
but i thought you said media rental business and include ebooks, DVDs, CDs etc and not just physical books.
I did, and it was a mistake on my part.  I'm very sorry about that.  Thought the contest was failing.
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by MrGlobe(m): 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
so who are the winners then? I tot you'd have posted it here. How many entries came in? I hope winners must have been announced by now or it is getting k legged
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by Babypinkyz(f): 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2011
seun since you have selected your best two base on physical books rental, to be on a fair side, why dnt you choose the last 3rd position on either the online dvd rental or ebook rental or any other online entry since somw of them have spent there time wiriting base on that aspect?
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by Babypinkyz(f): 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2011
Mr. Globe:

so who are the winners then? I tot you'd have posted it here. How many entries came in? I hope winners must have been announced by now or it is getting k legged
Maybe he is deciding on the 3rd before his final announcement.
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by Seun(m): 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2011
Babypinkyz:
seun since you have selected your best two base on physical books rental, to be on a fair side, why dnt you choose the last 3rd position on either the online dvd rental or ebook rental or any other online entry since somw of them have spent there time wiriting base on that aspect?
Good idea. I considered it too, but in the end I decided to award the third place prize to someone
who also wrote about physical book rental. I can only judge business ideas I've studied extensively.
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by swisscash(m): 9:53pm On Oct 17, 2011
So make we knw dos who win.
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by Seun(m): 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
Announcing the results of the contest:

Winner: Olubukola Sanwo.
2nd Place: LagBlogger.  
3rd Place: Emmanuel Promise.
Re: For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest by yamakuza: 10:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
Seun:

Announcing the results of the contest:

Winner: Olubukola Sanwo.
2nd Place: LagBlogger.  
3rd Place: Emmanuel Promise.

Kudos, Omolatoro Iwelabi & Co.

What a man can do .  .  .

Can we read the plans too, or executive summaries?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote Inaugurates Multi Billion Naira Rice Processing Plant In Jigawa / Naira Rises To 217 Against Dollar / Naira Gains 5.2 Percent After CBN Intervenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.