Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates (36671 Views)

TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! / Tinubu Vs Peter Obi: 8th June 2023 Live Court Updates / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 10:23am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. Confirm to the court when you concluded your assignment.

A. 19th of March

Q. Back to Exhibit PCB2.
Can you read out to LGA ?

A. Degema

Q. In Ward 7, the Polling Unit you see is?

A. 002

Q. Accredited Voters is 40 correct?

A. Yes

Q. Number of voters 40 correct?

A. Yes

Q. No over voting correct?

A. No over voting

The first respondent cross examiner:
thank you very much Professor, thank you my Lords.

[ The first respondent cross examiner is INEC lead counsel,AB Mahmoud SAN,and he is done with cross examining the witness.
Up next is the second respondent to cross examine the witness.
]

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by saintbillion(m): 10:23am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Oga,read the extracts and see how the witness is double speaking
There's nothing like double speaking there oga. The dude is been logical with his response. That's why the first examiner had to interfere cause he saw the dude is not falling for the other examiner cheap response

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 10:25am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. No over voting correct?

A. No over voting

The first respondent cross examiner:
thank you very much Professor, thank you my Lords.

[ The first respondent cross examiner is INEC lead counsel,AB Mahmoud SAN,and he is done with cross examining the witness.
Up next is the second respondent to cross examine the witness.
]

[ 2ND AND 3RD RESPONDENTS CROSS-EXAMINATION ]

Q. You'll agree with me that votes are cast at the polling unit?

A. I agree

Q. At end of election, the votes cast will be sorted, counted and recorded in Forms EC8As?

A. Yes

Q. It is the image of Form EC8A that will be transmitted to IREV but the hard copies will be taken by the presiding officer to the ward collation center?

A. Yes

Q. The statutory channel for computation of results of voting begins from the polling unit to ward, to LGA, to state a d to national collation centers?

A. Correct my Lord.

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 10:27am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ 2ND AND 3RD RESPONDENTS CROSS-EXAMINATION ]

Q. You'll agree with me that votes are cast at the polling unit?

A. I agree

Q. At end of election, the votes cast will be sorted, counted and recorded in Forms EC8As?

A. Yes

Q. It is the image of Form EC8A that will be transmitted to IREV but the hard copies will be taken by the presiding officer to the ward collation center?

A. Yes

Q. The statutory channel for computation of results of voting begins from the polling unit to ward, to LGA, to state a d to national collation centers?

A. Correct my Lord.

Q. It is part of your claim in your report that some forms you downloaded were blurred ?

A. Yes

Q. Will I be correct to say that whether transmission failed or what you downloaded was blurred, it will not change the result recorded at the Polling Unit.

A. It will not change if properly used.

Q. You also will confirm that IREV is not a collation center ?

A. It's not a collation center but meant to serve as a checker.

Q. Your report covers only two states, Benue and Rivers State?

A. We did analysis of all the states.

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2023
saintbillion:

There's nothing like double speaking there oga. The dude is been logical with his response. That's why the first examiner had to interfere cause he saw the dude is not falling for the other examiner cheap response

He is not.how will you say irev is a collation system and later say it doesn't collated results?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:28am On Jun 16, 2023
Hatrick01:
Peter obi should leave this man.
He is doing a great job already.
Which great job with a stolen mandate,?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Shantyken(m): 10:28am On Jun 16, 2023
saintbillion:
See weti inec dey do. Putting physics expo inside irev. We go again today. Lamidi garfield1 Apapa. Pls stay off

Which state let me also check
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. It is part of your claim in your report that some forms you downloaded were blurred ?

A. Yes

Q. Will I be correct to say that whether transmission failed or what you downloaded was blurred, it will not change the result recorded at the Polling Unit.

Good hit from olujimi san

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Oga,read the extracts and see how the witness is double speaking
You are the only one seeing a different thing as usual
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by tinsel: 10:31am On Jun 16, 2023
Trust22:

THIS EXAMINER DEY WICKED
They had a whole one day to prepare. I know they will be hard on the witness today

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 10:31am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

A. Yes

Q. Your report is for 2 states?

A. Not only 2 states, Benue and Rivers are part of what I tendered.

Q. Did you tender for Oyo State?

A. Yes

Q. Apart from Rivers and Benue, which other state did you tender?

A. In what I tendered the two states stood out, Rivers and benue.
Q. Prof, which other state did you tender?

A. You're asking the question and smiling, I don't know..

[ The whole court is laughing. ]

The Court:
Chief Olujimi, you better frown while asking
This is between senior Advocate of the law and senior Advocate of mathematics.

[ cheesy cheesy cheesy]

21 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:32am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Good hit from olujimi san
Name the good hit?

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by saintbillion(m): 10:33am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

He is not.how will you say irev is a collation system and later say it doesn't collated results?
can u spot this claim? Cause he never said irev is a collation center, unless ur trying to do what u guys know best. Fake news

13 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:33am On Jun 16, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Name the good hit?

Like I've been saying,he agreed that irev being blurred doesn't mean other copies are blurred

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:33am On Jun 16, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You are the only one seeing a different thing as usual

Did the prof not say irev is a collation system
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:34am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

And so? Everything the prof said is correct so far

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by tinsel: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

A. Yes

Upper cut from this lawyer. Those blurred images Obi was handling are rubbish as far as this matter is concerned. End of matter.

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by saintbillion(m): 10:35am On Jun 16, 2023
Shantyken:

Which state let me also check
Yobe
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. Your report is for 2 states?

A. Not only 2 states, Benue and Rivers are part of what I tendered.

Q. Did you tender for Oyo State?

A. Yes

Q. Apart from Rivers and Benue, which other state did you tender?

A. In what I tendered the two states stood out, Rivers and benue.
Q. Prof, which other state did you tender?

A. You're asking the question and smiling, I don't know..

[ The whole court is laughing. ]

The Court:
Chief Olujimi, you better frown while asking
This is between senior Advocate of the law and senior Advocate of mathematics.

[ cheesy cheesy cheesy]

The Court:
did you tender for any other state apart from benue and Rivers?

A. No

[ The second respondent now continues with cross examination of the witness ]

Q. In your report, you made it clear that you worked only on available data.

A. I worked only on available data but it is expected that the data should be completed.

Q. If you had more data, your report will be different ?

A. Yes

Q. in your witness statement at paragraph 2B, page 2, you listed recent data analysis practical experience.

A. Yes

Q. You've not claimed in this witness statement to have done any analysis for a court case in election matter like this ?

A.No

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:35am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. What else can you see ?

A. There were blurred images and some that were not related to the analysis done. For instance, results of Senate replaced for House of Reps.

Q. When you refer to Blurred images of Forms EC8A, you did not mean the physical copies could be blurred?

A. I didn't see physical copies.

Q. In all your review, you did not see anything on the portal that suggests there is an electronic collation system?

A. The IREV portal is an electronic collation system

Q. Are you suggesting to the court that the portal is capable of collating and tabulating results?

Saintbillion

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Trust22(m): 10:36am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

HE SAID IREV IS NOT A COLLOTION CENTER BUT MEANT TO SERVE AS A CHECKER

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by AskNgige2: 10:37am On Jun 16, 2023
Frank688915:
See dem mumu ipob, so na like this una go dey continue 😂
Ask Ngige

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 10:37am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

The Court:
did you tender for any other state apart from benue and Rivers?

A. No

[ The second respondent now continues with cross examination of the witness ]

Q. In your report, you made it clear that you worked only on available data.

A. I worked only on available data but it is expected that the data should be completed.

Q. If you had more data, your report will be different ?

A. Yes

Q. in your witness statement at paragraph 2B, page 2, you listed recent data analysis practical experience.

A. Yes

Q. You've not claimed in this witness statement to have done any analysis for a court case in election matter like this ?

A.No

Q. At Paragraph 3, Page 2 of your witness statement, you said you were requested on 20th Feb. 2023 by Labour Party to carry out analysis on the results for election not yet held?

A. Yes

Q. You were also in that engagement required to determine INEC compliance with electoral act and regulations ?

A. Yes.

Q. At same Paragraph 3 Sub B, part of your mandate was to determine whether the results to be announced by INEC match with result uploaded without any anticipation that LP will lose the election?

A. That's part of what was requested of me to do

13 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by saintbillion(m): 10:39am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Like I've been saying,he agreed that irev being blurred doesn't mean other copies are blurred
Will he come and lie about it?
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 10:41am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. At Paragraph 3, Page 2 of your witness statement, you said you were requested on 20th Feb. 2023 by Labour Party to carry out analysis on the results for election not yet held?

A. Yes

Q. You were also in that engagement required to determine INEC compliance with electoral act and regulations ?

A. Yes.

Q. At same Paragraph 3 Sub B, part of your mandate was to determine whether the results to be announced by INEC match with result uploaded without any anticipation that LP will lose the election?

A. That's part of what was requested of me to do

Q. I find it strange that after your engagement showing you specifically what you were told to do, you now insisted on subpoena.

A. In that engagement, nobody made mention of coming to court so I didn't anticipate coming to court.

[ The cross examination by the 2nd and 3rd respondent of the witness is over.
The 4th respondent cross examiner is up to continue crossing examining the witness
]

13 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:42am On Jun 16, 2023
saintbillion:

Will he come and lie about it?

His testimony is dead

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:42am On Jun 16, 2023
Trust22:

HE SAID IREV IS NOT A COLLOTION CENTER BUT MEANT TO SERVE AS A CHECKER

At first,he said it is a collation system

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:43am On Jun 16, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
And so? Everything the prof said is correct so far

By double speaking and being inconsistent?
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by saintbillion(m): 10:44am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Saintbillion
Do u read and comprehend information at all?

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 10:44am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. I find it strange that after your engagement showing you specifically what you were told to do, you now insisted on subpoena.

A. In that engagement, nobody made mention of coming to court so I didn't anticipate coming to court.

The 4th respondent cross examiner is up to continue crossing examining the witness
]

[ 4TH RESPONDENT CROSS-EXAMINATION ]

Q. Prof. The report you've tendered was based on blurred result downloaded from INEC IREV portal ?

A. Not just blurred results.

Q. The exercise you conducted on the blurred result, what aspect of mathematics did you apply?

A. There's no theory in knowing that something is blurred.

Q. I'll be correct to say that your report based on that aspect of complain is not a product of any expertise?

A. Of course.

Q. Can you assist the honourable court, what level of numeral literacy do you suggest a person must posses to add results and collate it at different levels?

A. INEC does not require experts to do that.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Trust22(m): 10:44am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

]

WELL DONE PROF

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by stocktaker: 10:47am On Jun 16, 2023
There are some things going on in Court IamV is withholding here he only type what he want you to know

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Buhari: Those Plotting Nigeria’s Destruction Will Have Shock Of Their Lives / Ugonna Ozuruigbo Honoured With A Statue By Villagers (Deputy Speaker Imo) / Ademola Adeleke Not The Man Twerking, But His Lookalike (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.