Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates (36675 Views)

TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! / Tinubu Vs Peter Obi: 8th June 2023 Live Court Updates / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by keymatt(m): 9:45am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

They don't have to do anything.the burden is on lp
Wrong! It's up to those accused to defend themselves. EyeNeck must defend themselves against LP accusations by supplying the originals of irev results. 😎

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 9:46am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

2ND & 3RD RESPONDENTS LEGAL TEAM [TINUBU & SHETTIMA]

LEAD: CHIEF AKIN OLUJIMI SAN
- Prof. Taiwo Osipitan SAN
- Adebayo SAN
- Dr. Hassan Liman SAN
- Chief Onoja SAN
- Olatunde Busari SAN
- AU Mustapha SAN
- Mutalib Ojo SAN

- Dr Tunji Abayomi Esq
- Ibrahim Audu Esq
- Akintola Makinde Esq

4TH RESPONDENT APC] ;

LEAD: LO FAGBEMI SAN

- Charles Edosowan SAN
- Afolabi Fashanu SAN
- Abiodun Owonikoko SAN
- Dakas Dakas SAN
- Suraj SAN
- Gboyega Oyewole SAN
- Tajudeen Oladoja SAN
- Mumini Hanafi SAN
- Saheed Sanusi SAN

- Omosanya Popoola Esq
- O. Akintola Esq
- Oyedele Esq

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 9:49am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

4TH RESPONDENT APC] ;

LEAD: LO FAGBEMI SAN

- Charles Edosowan SAN
- Afolabi Fashanu SAN
- Abiodun Owonikoko SAN
- Dakas Dakas SAN
- Suraj SAN
- Gboyega Oyewole SAN
- Tajudeen Oladoja SAN
- Mumini Hanafi SAN
- Saheed Sanusi SAN

- Omosanya Popoola Esq
- O. Akintola Esq
- Oyedele Esq

Dr. Livy informs the court that they will continue from yesterday and make PW4 available for Cross-examination by the respondents.

He defers to Ikwueto SAN to conduct the proceedings for the Petitioners.

Alright guys,fasten your seat belt!

15 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 9:50am On Jun 16, 2023
keymatt:
Wrong! It's up to those accused to defend themselves. EyeNeck must defend themselves against LP accusations by supplying the originals of irev results. 😎

No sir.obi brought the original copies before bringing irev copies so let him tender the ctc to correspond with irev.if you only make accusations without bringing evidence,you have failed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by keymatt(m): 9:51am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

No sir.obi brought the original copies before bringing irev copies so let him tender the ctc to correspond with irev.if you only make accusations without bringing evidence,you have failed
EyeNeck will still have to defend themselves with their original documents.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 9:53am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Dr. Livy informs the court that they will continue from yesterday and make PW4 available for Cross-examination by the respondents.

He defers to Ikwueto SAN to conduct the proceedings for the Petitioners.

Alright guys,fasten your seat belt!

[ Prof. Eric is reminded that he is still on oath ]

1st Respondent [INEC] Cross-examination :

[N:B
Q=Questions the first respondent cross examiner is asking the witness.
A= Answer of the witness
]

Q. Where were you on election Day?

A. I went to vote

Q. You voted and it went on smoothly?
A. Yes

Q. You were commissioned to produce this report by the LP?

A. I was requested to produce the report.

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 9:54am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

A= Answer of the witness
]

A. I went to vote

A. Yes

Q. You were paid for it?

A. Nobody paid me

Q. You acted as a patriotic Nigerian?

A. I'm a patriotic Nigerian, yes.

Q. As a disinterested party?

A. Yes

Q. Going by the terms of reference mentioned in Para3 of your WSO, primary source of data was the IREV Portal.

A. Yes

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 9:58am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. You were paid for it?

A. Nobody paid me

A. Yes

Q. Going by the terms of reference mentioned in Para3 of your WSO, primary source of data was the IREV Portal.

A. Yes

Q. In your witness statement, you made reference to Forms EC8As as well as results uploaded on the IREV Portal, I assume you were referring to the same thing?

A. Not exactly

Q. What did you mean?

A. It's because they are different

Q. What's the difference?

A. Forms EC8A is different from what's uploaded .

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 10:00am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. In your witness statement, you made reference to Forms EC8As as well as results uploaded on the IREV Portal, I assume you were referring to the same thing?

A. Not exactly

Q. What did you mean?

Q. The Form EC8A uploaded on the portal is the only document you could see on the portal?

A. Not really

The Court:
what is not really?that's not a definite answer

A. His questions did not require a definite Answer.

[ The initial question is repeated by the first respondent cross examiner to the witness again]

A. No

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Trust22(m): 10:00am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

A. Not exactly

Q. What did you mean?

PROF WEY SABI

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 10:02am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. The Form EC8A uploaded on the portal is the only document you could see on the portal?

A. Not really

The Court:
what is not really?that's not a definite answer

A. His questions did not require a definite Answer.

[ The initial question is repeated by the first respondent cross examiner to the witness again]

A. No

Q. What else can you see ?

A. There were blurred images and some that were not related to the analysis done. For instance, results of Senate replaced for House of Reps.

Q. When you refer to Blurred images of Forms EC8A, you did not mean the physical copies could be blurred?

A. I didn't see physical copies.

Q. In all your review, you did not see anything on the portal that suggests there is an electronic collation system?

A. The IREV portal is an electronic collation system

Q. Are you suggesting to the court that the portal is capable of collating and tabulating results?

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by JOemmy(m): 10:04am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

There's an earlier announcement that a Laptop was stolen in the courtroom yesterday. It happened during the afternoon session (PDP).

CCTV captured the moment the individual was doing that.

How can you go to a courtroom where their are CCTV stationed in strategic locations in the room to steal ?
You went to court because of illegalities,but right inthe courtroom, you're practicing illegality ?

Wonderment hope the culprit have been caught?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:04am On Jun 16, 2023
nice update, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:05am On Jun 16, 2023
keymatt:
EyeNeck will still have to defend themselves with their original documents.

Lp must tender evidence first
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Progressiveby: 10:05am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:
Good morning gentlemen and ladies, welcome to today's live updates on proceedings,16th June,2023.

But before we proceed, here's a summary of what transpired in court yesterday,15th June,2023.

—Proceedings Began at About 9:40am.

—LP Brought a Massive Collection of Evidence & 2 HD TVs to Play Videos

—HE Peter Obi Represented the Petitioners

—LP’s Counsel was Led By Dr Livy Uzoukwu SAN
-INEC counsel was led AB Mahmoud SAN

-Tinubu& Shettima counsel was led by Wole Olanipekun SAN

-APC counsel was led by Lateef Fagbemi SAN

—LP’s Proceedings Was Led By Onyechi Ikpeazu SAN (1st Witness) & PIN Ikwueto SAN( 2nd Witness)

—1st Withess For Today ( Star Witness & 4th So Far), is Prof of Math from Nnamdi Azikiwe Univ, Eric U Ofoedu.

—Respondents Objected, Stating That They Were Just Served the Witness’ Statement 15th June,2023.
Court Decided He Would Be Examined in Chief but Cross Examined 16th June,2023

—Witness’ Examination in Chief Was Done but Respondents Objected to the Adoption of Witness’ Statement.

—LP Attempted to Make Corrections on the Witness’ Statement Under Oath but Was Objected by Respondents Stating That They Should Be Withdrawn, Amended & Re-tendered. However, Court Admitted.

—Three Reports From The Witness Was Presented under Examination, Objected by Respondents , Admitted by Court & Tagged Respectively.

—18,088 Blurred Polling Units Results Were Tendered, Opposed By Respondents & Admitted by Court.

—Letter of Engagement & Subpoena From 2nd Petitioner to Witness was Tendered.

>>1st, 2nd & 3rd Respondents Objected the Letter but not the Subpoena.

>>4th Respondent Did Not Object the Letter but Objected the Subpoena.

—Court Admitted Both The Letter & Subpoena, Tagged Them with an Exh Number and Stated That He Will Be Cross Examined 16th June ,2023.

—A Second Witness, Lumie Idevbie (2nd Witness for Today & 5th So Far), A Staff of Arise Tv, Was Called Up. There Was No Objections on His Subpoena and Court Admitted.

—His ID Card Was Presented, No Objections from Respondents, Admitted & Tagged by Court.

—A Written Statement on Oath Filed by The Witness to Be Adopted as Evidence Was Objected by Respondents but Admitted by Court.

—FlashDrive Brought By Witness Containing Video Evidence Was Objected by Respondents but Admitted by Court.

—Respondents Didn’t Object to The Video Being Played. The 10mins Video Was of INEC Chair, Prof Yakubu Mahmood Speaking at Chatham House About Elections & BVAS.

—Witness to Be Cross Examined on 16th June,2023

—Proceedings Ended at About 12:49pm and Adjourned Till Friday June 16th 2023 by 9am.

CREDIT:@Misspearls, twitter.

Here's a link to yesterday's proceedings;
https://www.nairaland.com/7728770/peter-obi-vs-tinubu-15th

16TH JUNE 2023

CREDIT; @misspearls,@theserahIbrahim,@Ukomah, twitter

Nlfpmod, mynd44 seun lalasticlala

Good morning bro. Good morning to all the Obedient families represented. The h@ter una welcome too

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:05am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

A= Answer of the witness
]

A. I went to vote

A. Yes

Nice,election went well
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Hatrick01: 10:06am On Jun 16, 2023
Peter obi should leave this man. He is doing a great job already.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:06am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. You were paid for it?

A. Nobody paid me

A. Yes

A. Yes

Never used physical copies
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by JOemmy(m): 10:07am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:
[ The judges are now seated. ]

Justice Tsammani:
Good Morning everyone, let’s get full cooperation today. Remember today is Friday so let’s be timely.

[ The clerk has now announced the case. It is called CA/PEPC/03/2023 ]

[ Peter Obi is now with the microphone with a face full of smile ]

Peter Obi:
Respectfully my lord, I am Mr. Peter Gregory Obi for the petitioners.

[ The APC representative is also here ]

Saturday Monsignia:
May it please this honourable court, I am Saturday Monsignia Esquire, Deputy Director Legal Services APC.

You are really doing a great job bro keep it up.

13 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:07am On Jun 16, 2023
Trust22:

PROF WEY SABI

He no Sabi,he is contradicting himself
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:07am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

A. There were blurred images and some that were not related to the analysis done. For instance, results of Senate replaced for House of Reps.

Q. When you refer to Blurred images of Forms EC8A, you did not mean the physical copies could be blurred?

Q. In all your review, you did not see anything on the portal that suggests there is an electronic collation system?

Q. Are you suggesting to the court that the portal is capable of collating?

Bullseye,his testimony is damaged
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by saintbillion(m): 10:08am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

He no Sabi,he is contradicting himself
This Garfield1 man has many accounts sha. But Not like the way ur fooling ur self on this thread.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 10:09am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. Are you suggesting to the court that the portal is capable of collating and tabulating results?

A. It's not capable of doing that.

Q. In Appendix E, you made reference to Labour Party agent Forms EC8As

A. Yes

Q. Did you attach them to your report?

A. It has been tendered to the court. I did not.

Q. You're not an election expert ?

A. It depends On what you mean by election expert.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by saintbillion(m): 10:11am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

A. Yes

This man is too much. See the way him dey answer questions. Very logical and tactical

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 10:12am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

A. Yes

Q. I suggest to you that there was no way you undertook the task in Para3(c) of your Witness Statement, not being an expert.

A. If I understand you clearly, the electoral act and guidelines for conduct of election requires online...

[ The first respondent [INEC] cross examiner then interrupted him ]

Q. Just answer the question.
Are you an election expert, can you determine compliance?

A. I can determine compliance.

Q. Look at Exhibit PCB1 series, for Rivers State. [He's shown the report he tendered that was marked as Exhibit].
What LGA is that?

[ The court officials are trying to get the document in question which have been marked, looks like they didn't bring it into the courtroom earlier ]

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:14am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

A. Yes

Another contradiction

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Trust22(m): 10:17am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. I suggest to you that there was no way you undertook the task in Para3(c) of your Witness Statement, not being an expert.

A. If I understand you clearly, the electoral act and guidelines for conduct of election requires online...

Q. Look at Exhibit PCB1 series, for Rivers State. (He's shown the report he tendered that was marked as Exhibit) What LGA is that?

[ The court officials are trying to get the document in question which have been marked, looks like they didn't bring it into the courtroom earlier ]

THIS EXAMINER DEY WICKED
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by TheOldGods: 10:17am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Another contradiction
Oga rest now let us read and follow this thread in peace. What's all this.

18 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by saintbillion(m): 10:18am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Another contradiction
I would have ask u to explain how. But knowing the fact that ur shallow minded. Why open another account? What happened to ur garfield1 account?

23 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 10:19am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. Look at Exhibit PCB1 series, for Rivers State. [He's shown the report he tendered that was marked as Exhibit].
What LGA is that?

Q. Confirm to the court when you concluded your assignment.

A. 19th of March

Q. Back to Exhibit PCB2.
Can you read out to LGA ?

A. Degema

Q. In Ward 7, the Polling Unit you see is?

A. 002

Q. Accredited Voters is 40 correct?

A. Yes

Q. Number of voters 40 correct?

A. Yes

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:20am On Jun 16, 2023
saintbillion:

I would have ask u to explain how. But knowing the fact that ur shallow minded. Why open another account? What happened to ur garfield1 account?

Oga,read the extracts and see how the witness is double speaking

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:20am On Jun 16, 2023
I de always come late but I have come shaa, make we de continue neck pressing dey go

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon / Sans Divided As Malami Weakens NBA Powers In New Gazette / Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Unknown Gunmen: Beheading Men, Women, Children Barbaric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.