Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates (36936 Views)

TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! / Tinubu Vs Peter Obi: 8th June 2023 Live Court Updates / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
saintbillion:
Why bring agent copies when lp have certified copies from inec herself?

Maybe inec certified documents are dubious and different from what LP polling units have

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IfnobeGod20: 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

There's an earlier announcement that a Laptop was stolen in the courtroom yesterday. It happened during the afternoon session (PDP).

CCTV captured the moment the individual was doing that.

How can you go to a courtroom where their are CCTV stationed in strategic locations in the room to steal ?
You went to court because of illegalities,but right inthe courtroom, you're practicing illegality ?
Those that steal the mandate of over 200m people, what is the big deal, if they steal a laptop of a single soul. It's in their DNA to steal, to kill and to destroy. They are descendants of devil, their master.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

According to the expert,it ended there.he won nowhere else
Obi 14 States and Tinubu 10 States, we are getting there.As far as he won 14 and got 25% in over 25 States and Abuja while tinubu 10 states and without 25% in Abuja

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
As far as he won 14 and got 25% in over 25 States and Abuja while tinubu 10 states, we are getting there with the real results

According to the prof data,he won only 14 but still failed to meet the spread.the prof is trying to proof irregularities not who won

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ Now to cross examination of the witness by the respondents ]

1ST RESPONDENT CROSS-EXAMINATION:

No questions asked,but thanked the witness for coming.

[ Now the 2nd & 3rd respondent is cross examining the witness ]

2ND AND 3RD RESPONDENTS CROSS-EXAMINATION :

Q. That video you just played, you said in your witness statement that you anchored the program?

A.Yes sir.

Q. You had cameramen of AIT who took pictures of that program ?

A. Yes, every studio, there are cameramen.

Q. It's not part of your duty to handle camera?

A. No it's not.

Q. Now, you said the program was streamed live on Facebook and YouTube?

A. Yes My Lord

Q. The only other role that you played before we got to this video was you to went to Facebook to download the video with ur phone ?

A. Yes

Q. You transfered the video from Facebook to the flash.

A. I used my phone to get the video when I was asked to provide the copy of the video by the subpoena.

Q. How come about the flash drive ?

A. Flash drive was from the office.
I sent what I downloaded to them.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2023
IfnobeGod20:
Those that steal the mandate of over 200m people, what is the big deal, if they steal a laptop of a single soul. It's in their DNA to steal, to kill and to destroy. They are descendants of devil, their master.

Who stole any mandate? The prof data suggest tinubu still won
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by pandax: 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

He established probable doubt on his work when he displayed poor knowledge of irev.if a copy of a document is illegible,you simply check the original or another copy except there is only one copy.dont forget that the blurring might be from bvas itself

He has done his job and he did it very well. LP is with Party Agent copies and Police Copies, and they are in court already as evidence. It will be compared with the unblurred copies submitted by INEC for disparity. Remember, PDP is in court with their own copies as well. Some people may go to prison after this case

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by MyPoint: 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

This is the Tribune Newspaper of 23rd February 2023.
INEC RIGHTLY noted that RAW FIGURES won't be transmitted of election results

PLEASE DOES IT MEAN INEC SAID THEY WILL NOT TRANSMIT PICTURES OF ELECTION RESULTS DIRECTLY FROM POLLING UNIT?

We need to read the full text to know what he meant exactly. But raw figure could mean that the value in the sense of typing LP 75, APC 20 etc will not be done.

What ever reason they alluded will not be relevant because they transmitted Senate and House of rep.

And transmission of the result is embedded in the electoral act.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Obi 14 States and Tinubu 10 States, we are getting there.As far as he won 14 and got 25% in over 25 States and Abuja while tinubu 10 states and without 25% in Abuja

Please,stop engaging that senator guy.
He's primarily here to derail this thread.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by babyfaceafrica: 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2023
pandax:

He has done his job and he did it very well. LP is with Party Agent copies and Police Copies, and they are in court already as evidence. It will be compared with the unblurred copies submitted by INEC for disparity. Remember, PDP is in court with their own copies as well. Some people may go to prison after this case

Nobody is going to prison

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

But...but what are this guys trying to do here ? cheesy
Please,can anyone search for maybe a video or article where INEC claimed they won't be transmitting results electronically again ?

Because I didn't read or watch that interview anywhere.

INEC Lawyer is a thief

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by MyPoint: 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

All these are clear jargons.the prof said irev is a collation system and later said it is not.sorry,the judges have taken note

In the sense the question was asked, prof was correct.

It is not collation in the sense of summing the result automatically for you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2023
MyPoint:

We need to read the full text to know what he meant exactly. But raw figure could mean that the value in the sense of typing LP 75, APC 20 etc will not be done.

What ever reason they alluded will not be relevant because they transmitted Senate and House of rep.

Here's a link to the FULL TEXT ;

https://tribuneonlineng.com/we-wont-transmit-raw-figures-of-election-results-inec-chairman/#:~:text=Infact%2C%20the%20law%20does%20not,a%20long%20period%20of%20time
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:26pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

According to the prof data,he won only 14 but still failed to meet the spread.the prof is trying to proof irregularities not who won
But, tinubu that won only 10 states without getting 25% in Abuja got the spread abi? Obi won 14 States and got 25% in over 25 States according to real polling unit results from Inec.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:26pm On Jun 16, 2023
pandax:

Again oga,tribunal doesn't convict sir.their jurisdiction doesn't extend there.how many times would I tell you this?

Unfortunately,the prof should have compared the irev copy with lp and police copies before bringing it to court which means he has a limited and unreliable analysis.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:27pm On Jun 16, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
But, tinubu that won only 10 states without getting 25% in Abuja got the spread abi? Obi won 14 States and got 25% in over 25 States according to real polling unit results from Inec.

Where is the real polling unit results? Even the lp witness didn't say so sir

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:28pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Where is the real polling unit results? Even the lp witness didn't say so sir
It has been tendered in court and they will prove it.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 16, 2023
MyPoint:

In the sense the question was asked, prof was correct.

It is not collation in the sense of summing the result automatically for you.

He was correct but inconsistent and unreliable according to the electoral act
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by MyPoint: 12:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

He only based his work on one copy instead of all the copies which is crucial

He analysed all the States but presented 2 states(Benue and Rivers) which in his words stands out in what he was explaining in his SWO.

Unless you see his SWO you cannot conclude that he did badly.

You will know if he did badly if his own lawyer kept objecting or wanted to re examing.

He did well. He is not a prof for nothing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
MyPoint:

Did inec fail to transmit? They transmitted all results eventually except where the bvas malfunction or no network
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ Now the 2nd & 3rd respondent is cross examining the witness ]

2ND AND 3RD RESPONDENTS CROSS-EXAMINATION :

Q. That video you just played, you said in your witness statement that you anchored the program?

A.Yes sir.

Q. You had cameramen of AIT who took pictures of that program ?

A. Yes, every studio, there are cameramen.

Q. It's not part of your duty to handle camera?

A. No it's not.

Q. Now, you said the program was streamed live on Facebook and YouTube?

A. Yes My Lord

Q. The only other role that you played before we got to this video was you to went to Facebook to download the video with ur phone ?

A. Yes

Q. You transfered the video from Facebook to the flash.

A. I used my phone to get the video when I was asked to provide the copy of the video by the subpoena.

Q. How come about the flash drive ?

A. Flash drive was from the office.
I sent what I downloaded to them.

[ The witness continued ]

A. I sent the link to the office and further transfer to the drive.

Q. There were 3 levels of operations before the flash drive.

A. Yes

Q. The National Chairman of INEC seen in the video is still alive ?

A. Before I came into the court, he was alive, I don't know thereafter .

[ The 2nd and 3rd respondent cross examiner is done with cross examination of the witness .
The 4th respondent cross examiner is about to cross examine the witness
]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
MyPoint:

He analysed all the States but presented 2 states(Benue and Rivers) which in his words stands out in what he was explaining in his SWO.

Unless you see his SWO you can conclude that he did badly.

You will know if he did badly if his own lawyer kept objecting or wanted to re examing.

He did well. He is not a prof for nothing.

It is not about whether he did well or not.it is how the law and judges will view his testimony and analysis.his analysis was nartow,limited and his testimony was inconsistent
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by femisplash: 12:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Lp lawyers are just wasting time on nothing.what inec chairman says doesht matter,what matters is what the law states.again,inec before the polls said raw figures won't be transmitted and a court already gave inec the leeway to transmit anyhow..they should use this time and focus on other aspects like double nomination,drug case,perjury,fct 25%
They haven't proven anything yet, they can't prove anything and they wouldn't prove anything. It's clear, they only want to serenade their followers.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
femisplash:

They haven't proven anything yet, they can't prove anything and they wouldn't prove anything. It's clear, they only want to serenade their followers.

Exactly.they want to use the media and pressure the judges
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by MyPoint: 12:32pm On Jun 16, 2023
Olaolex:
Please, you people should stop engaging senatordave1. By doing so, you are derailling the thread. Starve him attention and he will vanish into oblivion.

IamV well done sir. We are very grateful

We want him to know that the technicalities they are looking for is no where to be found.

But I understand you point. Noted.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:32pm On Jun 16, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
It has been tendered in court and they will prove it.

For now,it hasn't been proven and time is running out
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Ddeliverer007(m): 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Another contradiction

Shut it. You are a distraction to this thread. You know nothing about anything.

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IfnobeGod20: 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. It is part of your claim in your report that some forms you downloaded were blurred ?

A. Yes

Q. Will I be correct to say that whether transmission failed or what you downloaded was blurred, it will not change the result recorded at the Polling Unit.

A. It will not change if properly used.

Q. You also will confirm that IREV is not a collation center ?

A. It's not a collation center but meant to serve as a checker.

Q. Your report covers only two states, Benue and Rivers State?

A. We did analysis of all the states.
I love this answer, "It's not a collation center but meant to serve as a checker". Beat that, a professor that knows his worth, you don't joke with him.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by pandax: 12:34pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Lp lawyers are just wasting time on nothing.what inec chairman says doesht matter,what matters is what the law states.again,inec before the polls said raw figures won't be transmitted and a court already gave inec the leeway to transmit anyhow..they should use this time and focus on other aspects like double nomination,drug case,perjury,fct 25%

Transmission of raw data simply means that after election at the PU, raw results will be inputted onto the BVAS machine directly. On the other hand, INEC told us that form EC8A containing the results will be scanned using BVAS and sent directly to the IreV in real-time.

If we had inputted the results directly onto BVAS as was done in Kenya, election results will be out in at most 2 hours after polls completion

Different issues, but INEC/APC/Tinubu/Shettima is trying to make it same argument now

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by XY23: 12:35pm On Jun 16, 2023
MyPoint:

A prof in Mathematics, Economic, Statistic and Computer Science all can teach and produce a staticians.

This is the reason prof avoided the word statician. Read below

A statistician is a professional who specializes in the field of statistics. Statistics is a branch of mathematics that involves the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and organization of data. Statisticians apply statistical methods and techniques to solve problems, make predictions, and draw conclusions from data.

Statisticians play a crucial role in various fields, including scientific research, social sciences, business, healthcare, finance, government, and many others. They design surveys, experiments, and observational studies, collect and analyze data using statistical software and tools, develop mathematical models, and provide insights and recommendations based on their analyses.

Statistical analytic tools don't apply themselves. It is the data that informs its use, and by extension whether or not statistical analysis is necessary? If I tell you 1+1= 2, is that statistics? Is my inference mathematical? Emphasis on Inference (what you want to show). What did Prof intend to show?
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 12:35pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ The witness continued ]

A. I sent the link to the office and further transfer to the drive.

Q. There were 3 levels of operations before the flash drive.

A. Yes

Q. The National Chairman of INEC seen in the video is still alive ?

A. Before I came into the court, he was alive, I don't know thereafter .

[ The 2nd and 3rd respondent cross examiner is done with cross examination of the witness .
The 4th respondent cross examiner is about to cross examine the witness
]

4TH RESPONDENT CROSS-EXAMINATION:

Q. the report which took place in your program was an event outside of the AIT?

A. Yes My Lord

Q. The program Democracy Today is anchored inside the AIT Studio?

A. Yes My Lord

Q. And AIT crew attended that program?

A. Yes My Lord

Q. It was their recording brought back to the studio you played during your program?

A. Yes My Lord

Q. Please what's the duration of Democracy Today?

A. It's 55minutes

Q. Every short program, a copy of the recording must be kept in studio

A. Because we stream live,We have the studio copy and online copy.

Q. The one you brought to the court, you got it from cyberspace ?

A. Yes

Q. Did you have any challenge making a copy from the official copy in the studio ?

A. We only keep them in the libraries and I got a call by at about 11pm.For shortness of time, I accessed the online copy.

Q. The versions kept in the library, do you normally submit copies to NBC ?

A. NBC comes sometimes to get records of broadcast and visitors.

Q. I'll be right to say that since this was an official order of court, you'll prefer to use the official copy.

A. If I had enough time, I'd have even gone to my hard drive to get it because I'm the correspondent.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by frndfghtr(m): 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2023
In Dr Chris ngige voice, DON'T CELEBRATE YET, IS ONLY ME THAT WILL TELL YOU EAT MY EYES SEE IN ANAMBRA, THIS MAN SLEEPS IN COURT, COURT IS HIS SECOND HOUSE

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

Moment Buhari Handed Baton Of Service To Tinubu (Video) / Fayose Removes PDP Name & Logo From Campaign Office & Billboards / Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.