Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup (18536 Views)

2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup Award: Full List Of Award Winners Spain Lift Trophy / 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup: Round Of 16 Fixtures Confirmed (full List) / WAFCON 2022: Oparanozie, Ihezuo Dropped From Falcons Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by oloriooko(m): 4:00pm On Jun 16, 2023
Onome Ebi angry angry
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by iamoyindamola(m): 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2023
Onome dan relegate back to naija league
That Oyingbo defender too is useless she couldn’t even make the 3rd batch in England
No wonder her club relegate for wsl

1 Like

Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by iamoyindamola(m): 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
We go flog NIR and Aussie. Canada fut hold draw
Sam Kerr go destroy them
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by oonyeoma50: 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2023
LeoDeKing, come and see IPOB team representing Nigeria sad angry undecided

2 Likes

Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by sterlingD(m): 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2023
Simeony007:
Please can someone explain why two teams already qualified and no game has been played yet

Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by Felix6: 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2023
Simeony007:
Please can someone explain why two teams already qualified and no game has been played yet
They meant top two teams will qualify, but again Whites will always find a way to have that psychological edge over everything. One may ask why not flip the table and have the bottom two up? That may never happen because of Nigeria. But one of the top two can easily be swapped for Canada. It's what it's, the black race must keep its head up with chest stick out.
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by Martinsmine(m): 4:08pm On Jun 16, 2023
Happy my sis is playing...
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2023
DonNeon:

Complete squad.... Wishing them the best.

Good to see Oparanozie among the pack... Rooting for our star girl Asisat Oshoala to shine in this tournament

Ebi and Ordega are old
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by humberjade: 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

Which Aussie?

The host nation and the country Kerr represents??
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:20pm On Jun 16, 2023
Onome Ebi is a disaster waiting to happen. I hope she's not going there to play but to just observe from the bench.
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by naptu2: 4:25pm On Jun 16, 2023
naptu2:
That's the big debate now. Should she go to the World Cup? Is she too old? Do we need her experience?

This will be her 6th FIFA World Cup if she makes it.

South Africa are not taking Janine Van Wyck, their inspirational captain. Janine is 36, Onome is 40. Janine began playing for Bayana Bayana in 2005, Onome began playing for the Super Falcons in 2003. Should she go? That's the big debate in Nigerian football.

She has shown, in recent times, that she can use her experience to help the team, but people question her speed. Does she have the pace to keep up with people like Sammy K at the World Cup? Remember that we are in the same group as co-hosts Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_se_Vyyre6s
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by Emperormartin(m): 4:26pm On Jun 16, 2023
fredoooooo:
Onome ebi kuku wan die on the field , she has paid her dues , she need to go rest abeg. She can take another post in the team
We need to do better this time around girls .. UP FALCONS
If you watch her play she still play like Thiago Silva of Brazil and Chelsea
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by Emperormartin(m): 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2023
I'm happy for Jennifer Echegini
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by fredoooooo: 4:30pm On Jun 16, 2023
Emperormartin:

If you watch her play she still play like Thiago Silva of Brazil and Chelsea
Really ... ok o.
The last time I saw her played, she was outran all through the game ... speed gone literally
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by adefitim(m): 4:36pm On Jun 16, 2023
Demehin my star 🌟 girl

1 Like

Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by Tradepunter2: 4:45pm On Jun 16, 2023
Simeony007:

It just means the numbers 1 and 2 highlighted in green...... Are the teams that advance to next stage.... The current order you see on the table is just alphabetically placed.... A... C... Or it could be how they were rated during the grouping process
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by fx45(m): 5:02pm On Jun 16, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:
undecided

winning team

If the under 20 men's team consists of similar names .. they would have won the tournament
You need to look at the name of the coach first
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by dapadawee: 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
Padipadi:
Who be their coach?

Wardrobe
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by Nonybb: 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
Igbo United. Let them sake election they would be reminded that they are Biafrans

1 Like

Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by WantsandMore: 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2023
Shattuck:
I pray they do well at the tournament they have dominated the continent,time is now to conquer the world.
No cap. Asisat is a very high IQ forward, she needs a complementing midfielder with a strong defense, we r good to go.

1 Like

Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by WantsandMore: 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2023
Nonybb:
Igbo United. Let them sake election they would be reminded that they are Biafrans
Not today my G....chill out on the propaganda
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by JIBO4REAL(m): 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2023
nazicartel:
Just one or two home based... Nawaooo... Anyway, I wish them goodluck.... One bad thing about all these Nigerian teams ( male and female) is that some people don't just feel like retiring. Imagine Musa that doesn't know how to pass ball is still there. While I'm still seeing names I have been seeing for morethan 8yrs in the female team. Like there's no room for new people. You haven't also noticed that in the Jnr category. Anytime you see list with many northern names. Just know that the team won't go far in the competition...

What about Eastern
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by Blazebond(m): 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

Hahahaha, Australia is very very very strong and they are also the co host of the world cup, Nigeria is in a group of death,if we come out successfully,we will go far.
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by Blazebond(m): 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2023
Shattuck:
I pray they do well at the tournament they have dominated the continent,time is now to conquer the world.

They have lost their way in the continent,the super powers of the continent is south Africa followed by Morocco,the last Africa nation cup that we won that we defeated south Africa in the final,we where lucky,they outplayed us in the group game and also the final,we where lucky to win them on penalties,the last nations cup we where outplayed by Morocco and where even beaten by Zambia if I am correct,we are no longer the queens of Africa,we have declined.

1 Like

Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by vvvbobby205(m): 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2023
I think I am the only one being curious here....is it the duty of NFF to chose the squad or the coach. Just like saying English FA name the england squad.

Please enlighten me anyone?
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by donbenie(m): 7:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
hisexcellency34:
I see Falcons winning the World Cup
Dreams are free 🎯
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by fx45(m): 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
vvvbobby205:
I think I am the only one being curious here....is it the duty of NFF to chose the squad or the coach. Just like saying English FA name the england squad.

Please enlighten me anyone?
The coach names his squad and the federation makes the announcement
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by nazicartel(m): 8:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
JIBO4REAL:

What about Eastern
You want to take that path ?... Football is a southern stuff in Nigeria... Even if they come from west, east or south. It's not a Northern stuff or will I say there are no much academics in the north ... You should understand what I'm talking about.
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by Shattuck(m): 8:55pm On Jun 16, 2023
Blazebond:

They have lost their way in the continent,the super powers of the continent is south Africa followed by Morocco,the last Africa nation cup that we won that we defeated south Africa in the final,we where lucky,they outplayed us in the group game and also the final,we where lucky to win them on penalties,the last nations cup we where outplayed by Morocco and where even beaten by Zambia if I am correct,we are no longer the queens of Africa,we have declined.
I still believe we have more international quality players,which should count for something.
Re: NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup by vvvbobby205(m): 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
fx45:
The coach names his squad and the federation makes the announcement

Ohh I get now. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Egypt, Two Others In Friendlies / Christian Chukwu Is Not A Destitute Old Man - Enugu State Government / Favour Ofili Beats Abby Steiner. Wins 100m, 200m And 4x100m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.