Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? (12484 Views)

Lady Confused As DNA Test Reveals Her Baby Isn’t Her Husband’s Biological Child / Infidelity: Wives, Mistresses’ Fights Get Messier, Spill To Social Media (pics) / 88-year-old Man Seeks Divorce From 55-year-old Wife Over Infidelity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:38am On Jun 17, 2023
ginggerxy:
Yes just like two adults agreeing to burn down someone poultry farm is not a crime 😂😂😂. Una too get sense for this forum abeg.

How does this your example correlate pls

6 Likes

Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by Love800(m): 10:38am On Jun 17, 2023
Cassava is made for fufu nd eba. Shebi u know when u use sugar milk milo nd groundnut with honey u are abusing it right? But still yet u are not arrested or queried for it.

Same tin applies to infidelity
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by bekpo(m): 10:39am On Jun 17, 2023
SugarGirl44:
Then everybody would be an ex convict because nobody is innocent, even your so called pastors and alfas, they’re the worst.

Without good food and sex, this world would be a terrible boring place, so nobody should be jailed for indulging in it. But you just have to use your sense and not abuse it, that’s all.

They didn’t create somebody’s body part exclusively for one person alone abeg.

U r nothing but an infidel. No wonder God made sure that He disgraced d Pandora Pitobi otherwise, people like u would've turned this country to Sodom and Gomorrah.
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by TsbAfrica: 10:39am On Jun 17, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Which section in f the law or the criminal code
are you married ?
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by aswani(m): 10:42am On Jun 17, 2023
finallybusy:
Most marriage contracts are signed in court. Why isn’t infidelity a crime?

Aren't there enough people in prison already?
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by TsbAfrica: 10:42am On Jun 17, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Which section in f the law or the criminal code
educate yourself http://www.resolutionlawng.com/a-brief-overview-of-bigamy-and-adultery-under-nigerian-law/#:~:text=Adultery%20is%20a%20criminal%20offence,can%20prove%20that%20adultery%20occurred.
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:42am On Jun 17, 2023
TsbAfrica:
are you married ?

Does that answer the question? Yes I'm married, so?
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:43am On Jun 17, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
so why are they all not in prison?
Because they usually divorce before committing the infidelity

Or alternatively upgrade the potential side chick into their next wife

To find a marriage still intact is something one should be grateful for.
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by TsbAfrica: 10:43am On Jun 17, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Does that answer the question? Yes I'm married, so?
and you don't know these things ... Men you need to update yourself http://www.resolutionlawng.com/a-brief-overview-of-bigamy-and-adultery-under-nigerian-law/#:~:text=Adultery%20is%20a%20criminal%20offence,can%20prove%20that%20adultery%20occurred.enjoy
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:44am On Jun 17, 2023
TsbAfrica:
educate yourself http://www.resolutionlawng.com/a-brief-overview-of-bigamy-and-adultery-under-nigerian-law/#:~:text=Adultery%20is%20a%20criminal%20offence,can%20prove%20that%20adultery%20occurred.

So many conditions have to be met before this. So it's not easy as you see it here. Get a seasoned lawyer on marriage laws and you will see its not easy
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by Sammy5413(m): 10:45am On Jun 17, 2023
If not for infidelity in men, many ladies will remain single
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by hotwax: 10:46am On Jun 17, 2023
matm:
It's high time it's passed into law as a crime and punishable with at least 7yrs imprisonment with no option or fine.
Whoever can't be faithful should remain single for life.

They should also legalize polygamy then
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by TsbAfrica: 10:46am On Jun 17, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

So many conditions have to be met before this. So it's not easy as you see it here. Get a seasoned lawyer on marriage laws and you will see its not easy
is it in the law or not ? I don't care about the general let's talk specific... And as you can see there is prison sentence attached to provable cases of adultery ... I wan informed of it when I was wedding so that is why I know ... I was even told it was 6 years come to find out it's 2 years ... But there is provision for that in ours country's laws

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by SugarGirl44(f): 10:48am On Jun 17, 2023
bekpo:

U r nothing but an infidel. No wonder God made sure that He disgraced d Pandora Pitobi otherwise, people like u would've turned this country to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Calm down alaye. Lol.
Who is an infidel?
The oyinbo people who coined that word for you have left you behind and are now into same sex marriage.

This life isn’t as hard as you religious people take it, just have fun in moderation and don’t hurt others, that’s all. So stop following your fellow humans and use your brain.

I’m even speaking more for men cos it medically proven that less frequent sex is dangerous for you, and here you are insulting me.

Lastly, I’m Batified so I’m glad that lying anambra petty trader didn’t win too.

4 Likes

Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by Tzar(m): 10:48am On Jun 17, 2023
Because monogamy is a scam!
finallybusy:
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by Flier: 10:48am On Jun 17, 2023
matm:
It's high time it's passed into law as a crime and punishable with at least 7yrs imprisonment with no option or fine.
Whoever can't be faithful should remain single for life.
If you are broke now doesn’t mean you won’t cheat when you get money.Men are polygamous in nature,I mean those that has money
Is either you cheat or marry many wives,that is irony of life.
As a man,there is 99.99 tendency that you will cheat if you have money
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by Bigboy2221: 10:49am On Jun 17, 2023
SugarGirl44:
Then everybody would be an ex convict because nobody is innocent, even your so called pastors and alfas, they’re the worst.

Without good food and sex, this world would be a terrible boring place, so nobody should be jailed for indulging in it. But you just have to use your sense and not abuse it, that’s all.

Hmmm says I serial cheat

I pity who go marry overused pussy like yours
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by SmartyPants(m): 10:50am On Jun 17, 2023
finallybusy:
You can go against a contract. That is a crime. Doing so is punishable by law.

Breaking a contract is not a crime and it is not punishable by any law

1 Like

Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by SmartyPants(m): 10:52am On Jun 17, 2023
Adultry is a crime under the penal code which applies up north.

Under the criminal code which applies down south, it is not.

Should it be a crime? No - because it is a civil or private matter that does not concern the society.
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by NOHOLDSBAR: 10:54am On Jun 17, 2023
finallybusy:
Crime ko, lime ni. What kind of question be this.
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by willibounce1(m): 10:54am On Jun 17, 2023
It should actually be a crime especially if married couples go to the registry to sign any document agreeing to be husband and wife.
Anybody who breach the agreement should server some form of punishment. No party should cheat when both of you have already agreed to be together. If you cannot stay with a partner, then don't get married and sign the agreement.

1 Like

Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by dominic17: 10:55am On Jun 17, 2023
With your last sentence, it is important you notify anyone that wants a serious relationship with you beforehand that you are not created for one person alone so that the person will know what he is going into.
SugarGirl44:

Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by Nahunger(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2023
finallybusy:

If you wake up and feel sad just remember that one dude wake up next to your ex and think he has found the love of his life lol

1 Like

Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by Originalsly: 10:59am On Jun 17, 2023
finallybusy:

Isn't breach of the same contract settled in court also? ... court case named " divorce"? What else do you want?... prison time added?
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by AntiChristian: 11:02am On Jun 17, 2023
Because the court permits infidelity!
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by DamnnNiggarr: 11:05am On Jun 17, 2023
ginggerxy:
Yes just like two adults agreeing to burn down someone poultry farm is not a crime 😂😂😂. Una too get sense for this forum abeg.
Wow, I never knew that infidelity means destroying of someone's property.
hmmm, we learn everyday.
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by maasoap(m): 11:07am On Jun 17, 2023
ginggerxy:
Haha! Your analogy is wayyyyy off.
Two agree to burn down someone's poultry farm, they go to prison for crime committed.
One partner engage in infidelity against you, that means oath broken, the best you get is divorce and settlement.
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by Ilola(f): 11:10am On Jun 17, 2023
folake4u:
The law governing Southern Nigeria (Criminal Code) provides that Adultery is NOT a crime.

However, the Penal Code predominantly used in Northern Nigeria makes Adultery a crime in their parts.

For women only
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by DamnnNiggarr: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

How does this your example correlate pls
Don't mind him.
Re: Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? by eenai(m): 11:11am On Jun 17, 2023
Because the lawyer, the judge and the jury could also be guilty of the crime. Even the audience in the court and of course the law makers, na them guilty pass sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sex During Fasting For Christians (RCCG) / Which Is A Man's Happiest Day In Life? / Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.