Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,000 members, 7,828,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? (21032 Views)

Why Handing Over On May 29 Is Akin To Military Take-over / Breaking : Where Is Akin Alabi? / Profile Of Abiodun Sylvester Alabi, The New Lagos Police Commissioner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by AnonPoet: 9:40am On Jun 17, 2023
As the dust settles over the National Assembly leadership elections where Hon. Tajudeen Abbas was elected as the Speaker of the House Of Representatives in a hotly contested election that he eventually won by a canter, the next phase for the newly elected and returning legislators is legislation, oversight functions and community relations.

One of the Members that stood out during the election is Hon.Akin Alabi representing Egbeda/Ona Ara in Oyo state, he won his re election for a second term in the green chamber in May after effective and quality representation in his first term where he presented life changing bills like the Bill to establish a medical center in Ona Ara(Establishment bill) 2020, A Bill for an Act to Establish Vocational and Technical studies institute in Egbeda, Promoted gender equality with the constitutional amendment Bill to stop the discrimination against women in the Nationality law by allowing wives pass their citizenship to foreign husbands and a Bill to stop the FRSC from bearing arms.

Hon. Alabi also moved much needed motions like the motion on the urgent need to proscribe SARS at the height of their human rights abuse, a motion to make the INEC voter registration to be truly continuous, pro business motions like the motion to address the purported FIRS move to charge VAT on online transactions, motion against APCON’s move to vet and regulate online advertising by non advertising practitioners and the need to stop online loan creditors from harassing their clients.

At 46 years old, he is a trailblazer that pioneered the sports betting industry in Nigeria that is now worth billions of dollars and employs 1m Nigerians both directly and indirectly with billions in monthly revenue for both the Federal and State Governments, also improving local sporting facilities with sponsorships. He is the author of multiple books on doing business in Nigeria.

Immediately after he won his election for this stellar performance, Hon Alabi immediately started pushing for the North West zone to be rewarded with the speakership position and got in front of TV, radio and online discussions to state the need to zone the position to the North West, one name that kept coming from him is the newly elected Speaker, Hon. Tajudeen Abbas PHD, someone he believes will lead the 10th Assembly with brilliance.

Hon. Alabi leveraged his presence on Social media where he has over 500 thousand followers across platforms as a leading young politician to interact with young people, teach them about how the legislature work and involve them in the process of electing a new Speaker while he pushed for the Tajudeen Abass Candidacy.

Hon. Alabi has always enjoyed interacting with young people, this is why he organizes the youth conference called YECO to educate young professionals about the business world by inviting successful and experienced professionals to share their stories and lessons, these conferences are attended by thousands of young people. He continues this interaction with different conferences and book signings to keep teaching business to young people, a strong passion for him.

Hon. Akin Alabi is considered one of the young politicians in Oyo state at the fore front of progressive politics, with his experience in business and politics, he has mentored others to get into politics and business and he is fast emerging as a young leader in the entire state and not just his constituency, as a returning member that successfully stood with his party’s choice in the legislature, he is expected to have a bright future in the 10th Assembly with better oversight function, bills and motions. The future looks bright for him.

Abiola Adekunle writes from Ogbomoso.
https://leaders.ng/2023/06/16/how-akin-alabi-became-the-fastest-rising-politician-in-oyo-state/

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by christejames(m): 10:06am On Jun 17, 2023
Una don start again, image laundry, preparing him for the next governorship election? lipsrsealed

Well, propaganda doesn't run government 😏

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by mbahdi(m): 10:06am On Jun 17, 2023
She was passing with her friend.i called her and told her I want to be her friend she said no problem.ask of her number she gave her phone to her friend telling me she has no phone..I said no problem I wrote my number on a paper and gave to her to call me and gave 500naira to enter bike although she was already close to her house,later that evening she called me and I called her back,that was how we start calling me each other..I called her like twice,,,the first night I chatted with her on whatsapp she said I should do her a favor of 5k,,,all because I asked for some of her normal pictures so as to av her on my phone..I was like isn't it too early to start asking for money just 2days...she said she needed it urgently....I said okay.. giving u the money isn't the problem but I will want something from her that will assure me she wunt run when I gave it to her..she said what,I told her,I will want her to come visit me so as to give her the money at home,she refused that she don't go out,I said ok I need her sexy pictures,,,she said she don't know the meaning of sexy or nude,,,I said ok naked pictures,,,she said she know the meaning of nude just wanted to hear me well..so all because of 5k am asking for her nude that she was just testing me to know the type of person I am...abeg which kin test u carry money dey test me bayi

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by Axis313(m): 10:06am On Jun 17, 2023
The NairaBet owner.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by Perfectnumber6(m): 10:06am On Jun 17, 2023
No

2 Likes

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by CAPITALBEE: 10:07am On Jun 17, 2023
Well... Oloye Akin Alabi has been very active and vocal in recent times.

9 Likes

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by noble71(m): 10:07am On Jun 17, 2023
shocked
Yes he is, the guy is doing great. One thing I like about him is that he keeps to his words. though I don't like his party.

Meanwhile at a good rate sell your Pi to us.

5 Likes

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by inoki247: 10:08am On Jun 17, 2023
Paid Post...

Una go dey alright las las...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by MrMcJay(m): 10:08am On Jun 17, 2023
Smart fellow, good politician.

The most intriguing thing is that every weekend he's always back in his constituency meeting with market women and artisans. Whether during elections or not.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by dadabryth: 10:09am On Jun 17, 2023
Akin Alabi to the world

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by TheFreshVanilla: 10:09am On Jun 17, 2023
Well, dude is smart. A gambler, business man and politician.

3 Likes

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by Axis313(m): 10:09am On Jun 17, 2023
He is one of those that first introduced sports betting to Nigeria youths.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by V1bes: 10:10am On Jun 17, 2023
Sure
Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by willibounce1(m): 10:10am On Jun 17, 2023
Who dash monkey banana
Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by obembet(f): 10:11am On Jun 17, 2023
I think he's Among the fastest one.

Akin alaba is a youth, he raise himself from nobody and become somebody, I remember the time I visited him in his office (Nairabet). I know that he as big chance to become a good leader in future and Thanks God for his life today

8 Likes

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 17, 2023
Lol. Who is this clown.
Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by BATified23(m): 10:12am On Jun 17, 2023
Great Man

He's making my constituency proud.

👏

4 Likes

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by guywitzerogal(m): 10:13am On Jun 17, 2023
Una don start Abi, that is how you people push Teslim to go and contest with seyi…..

5 Likes

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by revived2: 10:13am On Jun 17, 2023
This is surely a sponsored ads

4 Likes

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:15am On Jun 17, 2023
revived2:
This is surely a sponsored ads

maybe but the guy is destined for greatness..

Never met him..
but heard him on the radio back then on Murphy ijemba show..

He made me a fan that day.
Dude oozes passion.

6 Likes

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by DeLaRue: 10:15am On Jun 17, 2023
Governors rarely support self proclaimed popular politicians as successors.

Sorry, seems he's in APC.

Oyo Governor is PDP.

Nonetheless, probably too early for him to show his hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by thedio(m): 10:20am On Jun 17, 2023
christejames:
Una don start again, image laundry, preparing him for the next governorship election? lipsrsealed

Gov ke,I see Zachaeus Adedeji,that Tinubu adviser as next gov
Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by obawinner(m): 10:20am On Jun 17, 2023
Yes i think, He is a business good minded guy, i think he did well with his constituency at Oni Ara, he has great future too. in the recent governship election, i thinnk he won his lga for apc.

maybe for future i may think house of speaker, or a governship candidate post teslim era.
Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by FireUpNow(m): 10:23am On Jun 17, 2023
christejames:

You mind them with their image cleaning job. Someone somewhere has been paid to do this for him.

2 Likes

Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by Addme: 10:25am On Jun 17, 2023
BATified23:
Great Man

He's making my constituency proud.

👏
Are you from Ona ara?
Re: Is Akin Alabi The Fastest Rising Politician In Oyo State? by udemzyudex(m): 10:25am On Jun 17, 2023
Sponsored Post.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili / I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan / Don’t Make English, Maths Compulsory For Students Seeking Admission – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.