Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market (61003 Views)

Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market / Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964 / Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by Robisky001(m): 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
undecided
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by benitwater(m): 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
Good,
An independent nation should be able to produce those items listed above.
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by mamaafrik(m): 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2023
I have said it severally that to awaken Nigeria's Agricultural and industrial sectors to improve our GDP federal state and local governments should create a means of buying agric produce from Farm vegetable plants and animals produced by farmers.

Governments should create a scheme to be buying the produce back from the farmers ,this will give room for centralized transportatio, processing and logistics or distribution and it to attract willing investors into the attic value chain.

Farmer will be encouraged to produce more since the market is readily available.

6 Likes

Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by LikeAking: 7:04pm On Jun 17, 2023
ManWater:
We have the capacity to locally produce all those items. So no wahala.

We are producing most of the items already...
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by FreeStuffsNG: 7:05pm On Jun 17, 2023
Emefiele tried in this regard

2 Likes

Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by LikeAking: 7:05pm On Jun 17, 2023
mamaafrik:
I have said it severally that to awaken Nigeria's Agricultural and industrial sectors to improve our GDP federal state and local governments should create a means of buying agric produce from Farm vegetable plants and animals produced by farmers.

Governments should create a scheme to be buying the produce back from the farmers ,this will give room for centralized transportatio, processing and logistics or distribution and it to attract willing investors into the attic value chain.

Farmer will be encouraged to produce more since the market is readily available.

Good idea, but our population and land mass is too huge.
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by Ezmans: 7:06pm On Jun 17, 2023
MorataFC:
Since May 29 the inauguration of PBAT, there is not a single day without positive news.
God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria.
ban textile but tinubu is wearing foreign textile
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by Lekan239(m): 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2023
Chetas81:
which lazy youth ready to produce this they will rather continue their ritualistic and yahoo business
you that is a grown up adult what have you produced
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by odinga1of: 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2023
olumaxi:
Hope ballamour bitters and ponmo no dey

Ballamor bitters is made in Onitsha cheesy cheesy grin grin
Kponmo is made in Naija

2 Likes

Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by Candidlady: 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2023
Ezmans:
ban textile but tinubu is wearing foreign textile

Only God can liberate you from the spirit of hate Mr shinedu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by Aluckiest(m): 7:11pm On Jun 17, 2023
Now that our currency is been floated, no more cause for alarm
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by bunmioguns(m): 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2023
Make dem sha allow us use our naira card for international payments.

2 Likes

Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by Ezmans: 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2023
Candidlady:

Only God can liberate you from the spirit of hate Mr shinedu
whom did I hate?
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by yemmit90: 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2023
I don't think Government are ready to implement the floating policy. Where did they expect the importers of these 43 items to get dollars if not from back door or black market.

What is the need for official importers and exporters window again.
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by honorsam(m): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2023
ManWater:
Eurobond and foreign currency shares banned?
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2023
ManWater:

You have the capacity to locally produce air planes and jets?

Just dey play!
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2023
Why are cows not among them. If they ban cow, fulani herdsmen attack will be minimal caused by militants from other countries will come to halt
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by emerged01(m): 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2023
Shalommy:
Heard that Tinubu have lifted the ban. True or false?
Does it mean you didnt read the article?
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by Allisgud: 7:24pm On Jun 17, 2023
So what's the essence of opening the border
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by nelcliff(m): 7:25pm On Jun 17, 2023
Flight90:
Welcome to Nigeria
A country where nothing surprises us

Is this all you can say?

INairaland used to be top notch microblog portal where u get so much values back in the late 2007..

Honestly I don't learn anything any more from people in this space..

All I noticed these days is insult, quarrel , and all sort of unworthy comments..

We all need to change our narratives..

Honestly I come in Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by JuanDeDios: 7:26pm On Jun 17, 2023
ManWater:
We don't. Anyway, this policy is from a past era. With the abolition of the dual market, it has become moot.
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by PussyKing(m): 7:26pm On Jun 17, 2023
ManWater:
Common tooth pick ona no fit produce grin grin
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by JetStar: 7:29pm On Jun 17, 2023
ManWater:

Including the private jets? Your village people knows something we don't know.

Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by alezzy13: 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
yemmit90:
I don't think Government are ready to implement the floating policy. Where did they expect the importers of these 43 items to get dollars if not from back door or black market.

What is the need for official importers and exporters window again.

Toh. Maybe I'm not getting it, but I thought the floating of the naira meant abolishment of the I/E window altogether. In other words we all by at the same rate, wether official or not

1 Like

Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
MorataFC:
Since May 29 the inauguration of PBAT, there is not a single day without positive news.
God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

Tinubu is wise to be operating an open government. One which makes the general public get access to it's doings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by abobote: 7:38pm On Jun 17, 2023
Enskynelson:
Where does those OK clothes come from? And many furnitures found in the homes of our politicians and rich men are imported. And I think these items have all along been in the list of banned items. I no understand what the BAN really mean.
They did not place a ban on the listed items, but from accessing forex on the official CBN rate

2 Likes

Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by wolesmile(m): 7:38pm On Jun 17, 2023
Olastep1:
No one takes this list seriously
You guys should read and understand first before commenting. The items are not banned from being imported. Go and read the last paragraph to understand what being banned from FX window means

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by billagreen(m): 7:38pm On Jun 17, 2023
From what was read above, It can be said that you can still go ahead with your import but you don't have access to forex in Nigeria....

If you can change the currency directly at the country the you free or if you can trade batter then you are good... Only that you don't have access to forex for import of those goods

2 Likes

Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by wolesmile(m): 7:39pm On Jun 17, 2023
Enskynelson:
Where does those OK clothes come from? And many furnitures found in the homes of our politicians and rich men are imported. And I think these items have all along been in the list of banned items. I no understand what the BAN really mean.

You guys should read and understand first before commenting. The items are not banned from being imported. Go and read the last paragraph to understand what being banned from FX window means

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by donmik: 7:39pm On Jun 17, 2023
Nonsense!

How have we fared better since the ban till now?

Nigerians without good knowledge of economy keep saying he started well.

Started well with indirect influence of hiked fuel price on all goods. A country where efficiency has dropped cos a single pronouncement they haven't effected yet.

Started well by announcing removal without controlling the price till when the subsidy will be removed.

Nonsense...
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by donmik: 7:40pm On Jun 17, 2023
LikeAking:

We are producing most of the items already...

Producing more faked goods than even the ones China produces for us.
Re: The Official List Of 43 Banned Items From Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market by wolesmile(m): 7:41pm On Jun 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Emefiele tried in this regard
That wasn't a policy introduced by Emefiele. It's been there for long. Just that they keep adding to the list from time to time.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nura, Dahiru Mangal Son Dies In Accident (Photos) / Interesting Facts About Bill Gates / Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.