Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market (63284 Views)

Sylvester Madu Escapes Death In Cameroon (Photos) / Sylvester Madu & Ify Celebrate 2nd Wedding Anniversary (Pix) / Dayo Amusa: "I Was Buying And Selling Okirika At Mapoly" (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by Sammy5413(m): 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2023
While our Nigerian actors are working hard to earn a living, our Nigerian actresses are building houses and driving expensive cars.
Yet them ladies say it's from movie roles
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by folake4u(f): 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
When people video someone doing an honest work to earn a living and put them on the Internet to shame them, it tells how much rot we have allowed in our society.

It is the same people mocking his hustle that glorify Yahoo boys.

Carry on Sylvester Madu, na Man you be.

2 Likes

Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by Emdebby2: 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2023
Be proud of what you do!
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by Streetmovement(m): 2:15pm On Jun 18, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

My guy, I too like this guy movies and the way him dey act cool I just wish I go see people like this for current movies sha cuz these was one of the OG's when it came to action movie making in Nigeria.

As for him hustle he no concern anybody make all those online people get out

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by mjuvey3: 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
Some Nollywood actors earn less than 50k per movie....Is that enough in this country that's the poverty capital of the world?

I know guys selling okrika in Katangowa market and they make nothing less than 500k weekly....I'm talking people selling first grade okrika wears.

There is dignity in labour.

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by maasoap(m): 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2023
Rebuke:

But we should be proud and praise yhu for doing Yahoo, right?
Yahoo? May be you should go through my posts to know my kind of hustle
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2023
He is real and authentic. He isn't faking it like his other colleagues. May God bless his Hussle. There are many fakers in Nollywood.
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by ultraviolet27(f): 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
Freshtruth:
The guy try o I no fit o I dey shame I rather beg this na falling hands na not even boutique! Okrika baba na

Okrika Goods move Faster than Boutique Goods my Sister also Sell Her's online 1st Grade wears and it accrues even more Profit than New Boutique Clothes

How many Nigerians Can afford Boutique wears Self with their Minimum Wage??I know People with High Source of income Who even Still Patronize my Sister not that they Can't afford new Clothes but These thrift wears Especially the Never worn before (1st Grade) are more Durable,and of high Quality than the Boutique China Mass Produced Ones. imagine you Buying a Boutique China Made Gown of 12k Yet before you wear it outside you would have Seen 6 People Putting that Same Gown on including Akara,Sobo Hawkers etc??

Since it was Mass Produced and even after Washing it twice it will be threadworn or Faded

Moreso Since the Okrika Seller Bought the Clothes Cheaper He/She Can make more Gains on it Say if She bought it 1 wear for 800h She Can still Sell it like 2k or 2,500k but for Boutique Clothes for where d Clothes are already expensive from Procuring it So now Placing more Price on it will mk Customers not Patronize you Some Nigerian Boutique May not even be Patronized by Customers for Weeks!!

I know of a Lady Who Sell 1st Grade Shoes on Instagram if She ddnt Put Thrift Shoes behind Her Instagram account You would have thought they are Newly imported Shoes and the Prices She Sells it I know She didn't buy them at that Range most of Her Foot wears goes for 9 -13k
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by JOemmy(m): 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2023
OChimex:

But in America there is dignity of labor. Nobody shames you for doing honest legal business. And every honest hard worker lives comfortable. Unlike poverty stricken Nigerians who shames people for doing honest job and praise criminals for doing dishonest job.
Mumu Nigerians.

Am not in any way shaming him the point am making is that as a popular actor he ought not to have been seen in such a pitiable situation he should have rented a decent shop not selling the clothes by the road side like an ordinary person who doesn't have any social status.
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by ultraviolet27(f): 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
JOemmy:

Am not in any way shaming him the point am making is that as a popular actor he ought not to have been seen in such a pitiable situation he should have rented a decent shop not selling the clothes by the road side like an ordinary person who doesn't have any social status.

Maybe You Can Rent the Shop for Him you think Renting a Shop in Enugu na Beans?? Even Okrika Sellers in my Town Market Days Do Bring their Wears from their Shops in the State Capital to Still Come to Spread on the Mats to Sell in other Town Market
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by Vicson2021: 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nothing wrong if he chooses to sell ok as side hustle...
Ride on bro
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by JOemmy(m): 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2023
ultraviolet27:

Maybe You Can Rent the Shop for Him you think Renting a Shop in Enugu na Beans?? Even Okrika Sellers in my Town Market Days Do Bring their Wears from their Shops in the State Capital to Still Come to Spread on the Mats to Sell in other Town Market

This justifies my point Nollywood actors are not well paid if they are well paid renting a shop won't be a big deal for him.
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by DrDunamis(m): 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2023
Todaymedia:
Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGZ7mj5PgDE

Video of Actor Sylvester Madu Spotted Selling Okirika At a Market in Enugu (

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS_gzNJaHmg

Yes I am the one in the viral video Selling Okrika (Second Clothes) in the Market, so Because I am an actor, then I am not supposed to work again and have a business? I want to advise youths to go out and work, Do your business Legit, don’t send anybody, there is dignity in Labour, There are lots of Nigerian youths busy Staying at home doing nothing, coming on social media begging for money, please go outside and work” - Veteran Nollywood Actor Sylvester Madu aka Shina Rambo says as he finally Addresses viral video of himself selling Okrika in Enugu Market.

This man is born again and full of the Spirit of God.
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by faithfull18(f): 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2023
Full stop✅
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by Father4all: 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2023
All na for show
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2023
Mighty proud of him. My mother taught me that there's dignity in labor and anything that is legit and puts food on your table is nothing to be ashamed of. We live in a generation of packaging and falsehood. Y'all mocking this man should let him be mbok. Na him type dem suppose do cash cake for to support his hustle than these useless Big Brother Naija inconsequential nicompoops everywhere with their petty fights and B. S.
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
LikeAking:
Then he can't think.

He has brain problem..

He can make money with his fame as an influencer...

People will pay him to push dia brands and Carriers.

Taa sharap dia! Chochochochocho! Na everyone get access? Especially if no be likes of Hilda Baci?
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by Dchair2: 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2023
Freshtruth:
The guy try o I no fit o I dey shame I rather beg this na falling hands na not even boutique! Okrika baba na

See this one o! If only you understand that okrika business is big business, please go do some research, it depends on the level at which you're playing, if you listened you would have heard him say do you know how many boys I have working under me? That should enlighten you abeg
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by OChimex: 5:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
JOemmy:

There is nothing pitiable about his hustle. Again, even if he cleans gutters, there is nothing pitiable about legal honest hard work

He might not have money to start in a big way, but with the way he is going, he will get there soon.
Way back in the eastern part of Nigeria when I was there, there was a young man 2010, he sold chargers at traffic, now he has one of the biggest phone stores in the east.
Big dreams starts somewhere little
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by patorial(m): 6:00pm On Jun 18, 2023
LikeAking:
Then he can't think.

He has brain problem..

How many poor people do you know selling okirika and even with a car ?
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by Inner19(m): 7:32pm On Jun 18, 2023
It seems this Acting thing is not really paying o.

Me that I want to be a Nollywood Actor undecided

Seeing this one now is kinda of discouraging.

I'm tiredly tired

What will I do with my Acting talent now?
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by fkj950ax(m): 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
LikeAking:
Then he can't think.

He has brain problem..

You just pick up your keypad and type the nonsense in your brain.
Keep living in lala land thinking the internet is a real place.
How many people have paid you to push their brands as the influencer that you are?
You can't even write proper english sentences or even spell correctly, you are here diagnosing others with brain problem.
Everybody cannot be an influencer (whatever that is)

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by pansophist(m): 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
My kind of guy. Doing the right thing and damn what the world say. If you ask those mocking him to give him a top notch job, they'll all go ghost mode.

It's easy to point finger, criticize, and spot the faults in others, but true strength lies in pointing the finger at yourself. I respect him. God bless him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by mordred44: 10:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
Skit
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by pendragonbladgo(m): 12:56am On Jun 19, 2023
If no way, one must create a way. The country is broke. One need to hustler.

But what is the secret with female actors, is it the pinut they pay them that makes them live that large?
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by Ifyman: 5:23am On Jun 19, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:
This nigga used to be a big boy, what happened?

Anyway Sha, it's better to be okrika seller than be a skull miner in Ibadan
Ogun state
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by criuze(m): 7:44am On Jun 19, 2023
If he's a female artist he would have been swimming in money

Now tell me where all these female artists were getting all these money they're claiming to have

Nothing do you my guy

Put works
Sure legit

Me self dey sell garri come and catch me naa
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by Maysdevices(f): 11:57am On Jun 19, 2023
Checkwell:
Where are those persons who come on Nairaland to beg money?

Can you see how this actor is helping himself? Can you see him challenging you to get out and get busy?

Useless scammers.
One like 6 comments above you said he’d rather beg than do this.
Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by Maysdevices(f): 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
Inner19:
It seems this Acting thing is not really paying o.

Me that I want to be a Nollywood Actor undecided

Seeing this one now is kinda of discouraging.

I'm tiredly tired

What will I do with my Acting talent now?
Utilize YouTube, Facebook, Tiktok, they pay better than Nollywood producers, especially Facebook watch. Think up scenes in your head, get someone to capture the video and upload. You can do scenes that have a moral lesson at the end, they get a lot of views from Africans. You don’t have to do anything to complicated, people will watch anything.

Message existing skit makers and actors who have productions online, message 50, at least 5 will respond, from there you get your foot in. Form a small network of like minded aspiring actors and actresses, they are thousands of girls and guys online looking for such opportunity. Do not even be discouraged by rejection or low views, if you keep going at it, in no time you will be known and rich.

Just keep going and never stop.

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Madu: I Am The One In The Video Selling Okirika At Enugu Market by Inner19(m): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2023
Maysdevices:
Utilize YouTube, Facebook, Tiktok, they pay better than Nollywood producers, especially Facebook watch. Think up scenes in your head, get someone to capture the video and upload. You can do scenes that have a moral lesson at the end, they get a lot of views from Africans. You don’t have to do anything to complicated, people will watch anything.

Message existing skit makers and actors who have productions online, message 50, at least 5 will respond, from there you get your foot in. Form a small network of like minded aspiring actors and actresses, they are thousands of girls and guys online looking for such opportunity. Do not even be discouraged by rejection or low views, if you keep going at it, in no time you will be known and rich.

Just keep going and never stop.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alex Pulls The Usual “hack” Card After An Intimate Picture Surfaced On Her Snap / Toyin Tomato Causes Stir At Shoprite After Her Daughter Was Molested (Video) / Victoria Kimani Accused Of Sleeping With Wizkid, She Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.