Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,494 members, 7,843,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths (1132 Views)

See The Comments That Made Me Realize Yahoo Yahoo Has Finished Our Youths / UNBELIEVABLE: See A CLUB HOUSE In Ibadan Where Our Youths Pay Cash To Suck Breas / Colorado: The New Drug Making Our Youths Go Mad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by IzunnaOkafor(m): 12:19am On Jun 18, 2023
By Uche Nworah, Ph.D

These youngsters are now on another level. What won’t they do to ‘bute ike’. Now eggs are being broken on their heads and blood sprinkled on them by Ezemmuo (hopefully not human blood). It has not occurred to the boys that allowed themselves to be filmed in the viral video where I munched these pictures from, that even Ezemmuo himself that wants to ‘bunye ha ike’ has not ‘bute ike’ himself. His surroundings would have told a different story if he has. What a pity!

Society as a whole should stand up against these digital ‘dibias’ that are leading young people astray. It appears that the generation falling prey to such ‘ogwu ego’ practices don’t believe in the virtues of hardwork, patience, perseverance, God’s grace and the importance of maintaining a good family name. When we were growing up, our parents, neighbours and relatives always hammered into our heads that we should always remember the sons of whom we are. ‘Biko imechuna ezi na uno gi iru’ (Do not disgrace and dishonour your family), they said at every opportunity.

Social media is not helping matters. The so-called digital ‘dibias’ who go by different names are social media savvy. They are using tech tools to market and promote their ‘dibia’ services. Distance is no longer a barrier, even people living abroad now send money across and are represented by friends and family members where ‘awele’, ‘ibobo’, ‘obala ola’ and such other named native money, power, longevity and success ‘ite ogwu’ are being prepared.

Never before have we seen in recent history the urge and recourse to diabolical means by young people to get rich. Anambra state, my darling state, appears to be the headquarters of such get-rich-quick service providers. Some disguise as Pastors.

Clearly one can see that the way this is going, if left unchecked, the wider society will be affected too. The consequences can only be imagined. The police have reported large scale idol worshipping, drinking of human blood and eating of human flesh by kidnappers busted in their various dens and camps. They also report of thriving black market sales of human parts and organs by the kidnappers to ritualists. Some kidnap victims have also been beheaded. Many will recall the gruesome beheading of Hon. Okechukwu Okoye in 2022, a member of Anambra State House of Assembly representing Aguata Constituency 2 at the time.

The government has to act, and fast!‘Ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths

By Uche Nworah, Ph.D

These youngsters are now on another level. What won’t they do to ‘bute ike’. Now eggs are being broken on their heads and blood sprinkled on them by Ezemmuo (hopefully not human blood). It has not occurred to the boys that allowed themselves to be filmed in the viral video where I munched these pictures from, that even Ezemmuo himself that wants to ‘bunye ha ike’ has not ‘bute ike’ himself. His surroundings would have told a different story if he has. What a pity!

Society as a whole should stand up against these digital ‘dibias’ that are leading young people astray. It appears that the generation falling prey to such ‘ogwu ego’ practices don’t believe in the virtues of hardwork, patience, perseverance, God’s grace and the importance of maintaining a good family name. When we were growing up, our parents, neighbours and relatives always hammered into our heads that we should always remember the sons of whom we are. ‘Biko imechuna ezi na uno gi iru’ (Do not disgrace and dishonour your family), they said at every opportunity.

Social media is not helping matters. The so-called digital ‘dibias’ who go by different names are social media savvy. They are using tech tools to market and promote their ‘dibia’ services. Distance is no longer a barrier, even people living abroad now send money across and are represented by friends and family members where ‘awele’, ‘ibobo’, ‘obala ola’ and such other named native money, power, longevity and success ‘ite ogwu’ are being prepared.

Never before have we seen in recent history the urge and recourse to diabolical means by young people to get rich. Anambra state, my darling state, appears to be the headquarters of such get-rich-quick service providers. Some disguise as Pastors.

Clearly one can see that the way this is going, if left unchecked, the wider society will be affected too. The consequences can only be imagined. The police have reported large scale idol worshipping, drinking of human blood and eating of human flesh by kidnappers busted in their various dens and camps. They also report of thriving black market sales of human parts and organs by the kidnappers to ritualists. Some kidnap victims have also been beheaded. Many will recall the gruesome beheading of Hon. Okechukwu Okoye in 2022, a member of Anambra State House of Assembly representing Aguata Constituency 2 at the time.

The government has to act, and fast!

Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by shortgun(m): 1:46am On Jun 18, 2023
When the society rewards criminals with political power, the youths have no other option than to emulate the criminals in power.

Do you know how many young people that will jettison every form of morality left in them because Tinubu a known criminal was made president?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by annayawchee: 6:34am On Jun 18, 2023
That ibute Ike is a big menace that is gradually getting out of hands..

Onwero zi onye choro iji nwayo chuo ego..

Okwa ego oku ka ana chu zi Kwa.

God help this generation of umu Igbo and Nigerians at large cos it's very alarming.
Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by iHateFraudsters: 7:13am On Jun 18, 2023
No be say they go use the money do better thing o.

And OP, I hope you know that most native doctors are very rich?

His shrine looks like that because that's how it has been before he inherited it.

You don't modernize shrines.

You always maintain it the way our forefathers did it.

And yes, I'm an African traditional religious worshipper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by DesChyko: 7:51am On Jun 18, 2023
Let's not pretend as if this has not been existing since. Just that certain factors such as rapid dissemination of information these days and increasing unemployment is making the increase exponential. I had to split from two really close friends at different points in my life when they chose the path of quick money. Today, they are dons while I'm still scratching to make ends meet. I don't know if there are consequences to these choices but I don't want to find out either.

What can be better done is to tackle these is to create a better atmosphere for the able bodied population to thrive. I see people against Japa and I wonder if they don't know Nigeria has a humongous population struggling to fit in. I see people supporting the raising of retirement age/years of service and I wonder if they don't understand people need to leave juicy offices for people waiting in line to come in.

Secondary school learners are lifting their parents out of poverty, paying rents, stocking their food store; the very basics really because they don't want to be like their parents. It's a difficult conversation to have with them. We just advise the air and move on because except you're planning to do those things, you can't just advise them to not earn the rents and utilities.

1 Like

Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by IkeIgboNiile(m): 11:23am On Jun 18, 2023
Oga, jee chuba ego, hapu asili.
Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by emperor4love(m): 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
Oga, jee chuba ego, hapu asili.
omara ife nwoke ji wee kpata ego, oga na ako akuko...ijiro ego,ijiro ogwu,iwa gi anya...nwanne umu uwa ga eji ga agba ball
Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by emperor4love(m): 1:41pm On Jun 18, 2023
De matter be say government go play a role here den our gals de on alert most let alone de are kidnapped then youth sensitation, de koko be say there is abject poverty in Nigeria plus ppl just want to survive
Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by emperor4love(m): 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2023
Is not only youth,omo if u see wetin pastors and politicians, even business men nd olosho dey do with jazz,you go know say yahoo boys de learn work,especially una most politicians ,those ones na satan
Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by TBforgive: 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
grin

We're suffering that's why we need money
Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by emperor4love(m): 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2023
If dey say na blood of jesus dem de spray dem,una no go cast dem.lol
Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by Exmilitant(m): 4:41pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nigerians have succeeded in attracting billions of demons into the country.
I awaits the repercussions. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by PlayerMeji: 6:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
Which your Tinubu is a known criminal?
The topic is about yahoo Boys, your party's woeful performance at the elections still beclouds your rightful thinking.

People like you end up lonely, dejected vengeful.

Shioor

shortgun:
When the society rewards criminals with political power, the youths have no other option than to emulate the criminals in power.

Do you know how many young people that will jettison every form of morality left in them because Tinubu a known criminal was made president?

1 Like

Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by shortgun(m): 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2023
PlayerMeji:
Which your Tinubu is a known criminal?
The topic is about yahoo Boys, your party's woeful performance at the elections still beclouds your rightful thinking.

People like you end up lonely, dejected vengeful.

Shioor

Woeful performance yet the criminal drug baron was beaten mercilessly in his backyard Lagos despite all the rigging, voters intimidations and vote suppression.
grin grin ; grin
Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by IkeIgboNiile(m): 7:31am On Jun 19, 2023
emperor4love
omara ife nwoke ji wee kpata ego, oga na ako akuko...ijiro ego,ijiro ogwu,iwa gi anya...nwanne umu uwa ga eji ga agba ball

Hapu ogbeye n'ajo onu.
Re: ‘ibute Ike’ Syndrome Among Our Youths by Alonso91(m): 9:23am On Jun 19, 2023
Saw the video like some days back,it's just so pathetic doing shit like dis all for the quest of making money and they will later be celebrated by people around them......

Aye n dogbo looooo

(1) (Reply)

Police In Rivers State Arrest Cult Leader, Recover A Human Skull And Arms / Where Is DCP Abba Kyari / Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.