Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany (1013 Views)

Jesus Has Been Preached To The Ends Of The World / Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? / A Must Read: The Chronicle Of A Sharp And Intelligent Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by Easyincome24: 9:27am On Jun 18, 2023
In an extraordinary confluence of technology and faith, over 300 Protestant Christians congregated in Germany for a unique church service orchestrated largely with AI tools. The 40-minute service—encompassing prayer, sermons, blessings, and hymns—saw the parishioners shepherded by an assembly of digital disciples: four ChatGPT-led avatars, composed of two young women and two young men.

AI isn't confined to just Christianity, either. People are already interacting with GPT-powered versions of different deities across various religions.

These AI entities provide a full corpus of religious texts, and limited to a specific worldview, is hopefully unlikely to disseminate false information or biased guidance. Could it be a tech-powered interpretation of divine intervention, without pesky human fallibility getting in the way?

This particular leap of faith into the digital world was met with mixed reviews. One of the skeptics was Heiderose Schmidt, a 54-year-old IT professional, who found the AI-led sermon lacking the warmth and passion typically associated with a human pastor.

“There was no heart or soul; the avatars displayed no emotions, had no body language, and spoke so rapidly and monotonously that it was challenging for me to concentrate on their words," she told KTLA News.

This digital assembly raises the question: Should AI have a place in the religious realm?

The AI's capacity to provide accurate religious information is undeniable, but the absence of empathy—a key element of any religious leader's makeup—presents a significant concern. An AI still lacks the emotional support and leadership that often characterize human religious leaders.

With the rapid development of AI tools, it’s conceivable that our future religious services could be conducted by robotic reverends and digital deacons. As the German congregation's experience illustrates, however, the path to an AI-led ecclesiastical landscape is still strewn with both curiosity and reservations.

Nonetheless, perhaps there's a certain divine irony to a machine delivering a sermon about the soul. After all, as the saying goes, "God works in mysterious ways"—and sometimes those ways could involve a few lines of code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBw5ii2BdLA

1 Like

Re: Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by Bbgbs23: 9:36am On Jun 18, 2023
I'll be back
Re: Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:06am On Jun 18, 2023
If rocks could cry out to glorify Jesus, why not AI? Luke 19:40

6 Likes

Re: Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by HeightsKE: 10:09am On Jun 18, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Hmm...
I have this Bluetooth PA speaker I want to give out to an evangelism team or group,do you know of any?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by temielects(m): 10:10am On Jun 18, 2023
HeightsKE:

I have this Bluetooth PA speaker I want to give out to an evangelism team or group,do you know of any?
Thanks
we are one reach out
Re: Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by duro4chang(m): 10:24am On Jun 18, 2023
HeightsKE:

Thanks
Yes now. I know partor Theo.
Re: Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by Cassandraloius: 10:26am On Jun 18, 2023
AI is now even more better than goggle.
Re: Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 18, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
If rocks could cry out to glorify Jesus, why not AI? Luke 19:40

You don't see a danger in this? If the history of the West and technology are to be considered, they're preparing people's mind before they start their derailment of faith program using the same AI tech. The devil is very subtle.

4 Likes

Re: Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:46am On Jun 18, 2023
SamboAnguissa:

You don't see a danger in this? If the history of the West and technology are to be considered, they're preparing people's mind before they start their derailment of faith program using the same AI tech. The devil is very subtle.
The same way technology, including the electronic media, was of the devil before the same preachers started using it to preach the Gospel. Can you stop them from doing AI or whatever they chose with it? If you can't, why not use the same AI to glorify God and shame the devil?
Re: Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by TemplarLandry: 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2023
Wow.
Re: Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by orisa37: 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
MACHINE AIDES TO PREACHING. CALL IT "AIVD" ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE VITUAL DISPLAY.
Re: Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by TBforgive: 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2023
Even rocks would praise the Lord why not CHATGPT
Re: Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by WeirdAlien: 7:37am On Jun 19, 2023
A sermon is supposed to be spiritually inspired, not just making inferences from scriptural verses.
Although NLP can achieve 99% accuracy the real danger in this case is when you employ deep neural networks.
It takes the Spirit of God to know the mind of God.
Re: Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by HeightsKE: 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
duro4chang:
Yes now. I know partor Theo.
Is he an evangelist?
Re: Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany by duro4chang(m): 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2023
HeightsKE:

Is he an evangelist?
Yes.

(1) (Reply)

See How Polygamist Have Secretly Changed The Meaning Of Adultery / Christians, Do You Believe This To Be True? / What Law Was Nailed To The Cross?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.