Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Are You Born Again, Then You Are Righteous, Justified. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Born Again, Then You Are Righteous, Justified. (4461 Views)

My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / The Bible Justified It That A Women Can Go To Church With Her Hair Uncovered! (2) (3) (4)

Re: Are You Born Again, Then You Are Righteous, Justified. by 5solas(m): 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2011
Pastor AIO:

Why would anyone try to distinguish the Tropical Sun from the Arctic sun if they are one and the same?

Can you still not see the parallels?
Of course, it would distress and grieve true believers that you choose to play the clown with this serious issue.
Re: Are You Born Again, Then You Are Righteous, Justified. by 5solas(m): 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2011
@PastorAIO
I will lay down the concept of the righteousness by faith and the righteousness of the law once again (with another passage!)
Romans 9 : 30 - 33.
[Quote]
30.What shall we say then? That the gentiles, which followed not after RIGHTEOUSNESS, have attained to RIGHTEOUSNESS, even the RIGHTEOUSNESS which is of faith.
31. But Israel, which followed after the law of RIGHTEOUSNESS, hath not attained to the law of RIGHTEOUSNESS.
32. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
33.As it is written, Behold , I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be offended.''--- KJV
3O.Well then, what shall we say about these things? Just this, that God has given the Gentiiles the opportunity to be acquitted by faith, even though they had not been really seeking God.
31. But the Jews, who tried so hard to get right with God by keeping his laws, never succeeded.
32. Why not? Because they were trying to be saved by keeping the law and being good instead of by depending on faith. They have stumbled over the great stumbling stone.
33. God warned them of this in the scripture when he said, '' I have put a Rock in the path of the Jews, and many will stumble over him (Jesus). Those who believe in him will never be disappointed.'' ---TLB
[/Quote]
You may go ahead now and tell us, if you believe this passage is talking of one form of righteousness or two.
Re: Are You Born Again, Then You Are Righteous, Justified. by 5solas(m): 9:36am On Nov 05, 2011
Haba PastorAIO, this is not fair-o! Is the question this difficult? Don't reduce my momentum-o! I have other passages to support my assertion of the two forms of righteousness. Please pick the correct answer and let's look at the implications.
Re: Are You Born Again, Then You Are Righteous, Justified. by PastorAIO: 11:36am On Nov 05, 2011
5solas:

Of course, it would distress and grieve true believers that you choose to play the clown with this serious issue.

Clowning!! These are your words not mine. So you now recognise yourself to be a clown.

There is nothing in Romans 9: 30 -33 that says that there are 2 types of Righteousness. He talks about Gentliles attaining Righteousness by Faith and he says that Israel was unable to attain the VERY SAME RIGHTEOUSNESS by following the law.

It is obvious that he is talking about one and the same thing and not two different things. Read verse 32 again. He says they sought 'it', not they sought 'them'. It is singular meaning that he is talking about one thing.
To be quite frank with you I am in no mood to be giving people English Comprehension lessons on Nairaland. I hoped to leave your last posts in all their glorious inanity as the end of the thread because I felt it exposed the rubbishness of your position better than anything I could have written. However you thought it wise to goad me with this subsequent post:
5solas:

Haba PastorAIO, this is not fair-o! Is the question this difficult? Don't reduce my momentum-o! I have other passages to support my assertion of the two forms of righteousness. Please pick the correct answer and let's look at the implications.

If Paul was talking about two kinds of Righteousness he would have said "Because they sought THEM not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law." As it stands he said they sought it.

The difference is the method via which they sought to attain to that single Righteousness. By Faith or By Law.

There is only one Sun. In the Tropics it is Hot In the Arctic it is not hot.

There is only one Righteousness. By Faith it is attainable, by Law it is not.

Please read your 'other passages to support your assertion of two forms of righteousness' well well before you post it up. Make sure you actually understand what you're reading, because I can bet you my bottom dollar that you will not find 2 types of Righteousness anywhere in the Bible. Good Luck!!
Re: Are You Born Again, Then You Are Righteous, Justified. by 5solas(m): 8:46pm On Nov 06, 2011
Pastor AIO:

1.Clowning!! These are your words not mine. So you now recognise yourself to be a clown.

2.There is nothing in Romans 9: 30 -33 that says that there are 2 types of Righteousness. He talks about Gentliles attaining Righteousness by Faith and he says that Israel was unable to attain the VERY SAME RIGHTEOUSNESS by following the law.

3.It is obvious that he is talking about one and the same thing and not two different things. Read verse 32 again. He says they sought 'it', not they sought 'them'. It is singular meaning that he is talking about one thing.
4.To be quite frank with you I am in no mood to be giving people English Comprehension lessons on Nairaland. I hoped to leave your last posts in all their glorious inanity as the end of the thread because I felt it exposed the rubbishness of your position better than anything I could have written. However you thought it wise to goad me with this subsequent post:
5.If Paul was talking about two kinds of Righteousness he would have said "Because they sought THEM not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law." As it stands he said they sought it.

6.The difference is the method via which they sought to attain to that single Righteousness. By Faith or By Law.

7.There is only one Sun. In the Tropics it is Hot In the Arctic it is not hot.

8.There is only one Righteousness. By Faith it is attainable, by Law it is not.

9.Please read your 'other passages to support your assertion of two forms of righteousness' well well before you post it up. Make sure you actually understand what you're reading, because I can bet you my bottom dollar that you will not find 2 types of Righteousness anywhere in the Bible. Good Luck!!
Your response was swift, just like the you I know, thank you.
1. Very sorry, I thought you were clowning; I don't think so now.
2: You got this very wrong. He started by saying, '' the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith''. The EVEN in the sentence is very significant. It can be understood in two senses-1.he is being specific on the righteousness the Gentiles attained to or/and 2. It is no mere righteousness they attained to, it is the one that AVAILS before God, it is the one that saves, it is the one that is the fount of every blessing we get from God. And the point he is driving home is that they got this righteousness by grace, not of their deserving, not of merit, because God CHOSE to give it to them.He goes on to show that salvation (for this is what we need righteousness for) was by grace, by saying that the jews who sought after the ''law of righteousness'' (righteousness by keeping the law) had not attained this righteousness (the law of righteousness). Compare verse 30 and 31, the first righteousness in verse 30 is not distinguished, the Gentiles sought NO righteousness. The second is qualified and expressed as the third, THE RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH IS OF FAITH. IN 31, Israel, which followed some form of righteousness (the law of righteousness), trying to be righteous by keeping the law, could not attain even '' the law of righteousness''. To sum up, it is like the Gentiles not looking for money at all and finding billions of dollars; and Israel looking for a million naira and not being able to find twenty kobo.
3: Not the VERY SAME RIGHTEOUSNESS, do not err my beloved brother; '' the righteousness of faith'' and ''the law of righteousness'' are not the same. If you have to put a mathematical sign between these phrases, it will be the sign of inequality.
The Gentiles did not strive after ANY righteousness. Israel strove after ''the law of righteousness'' (righteousness from works, keeping of the laws (commandments) and were going to hell in droves, that is why Paul was crying in chapter 9 verse 2 and in chapter 10:2,3; the tears started flowing freely again.
4. To be quite frank with you, I feel the truth of the saying, '' because the owner of the goods is slow to call the thief a thief, the theif calls the owner a thief. However, I do not believe you need English lessons, just that you need to get rid of your Pelagian goggles.
5. Why would he say , '' because they sought them''? He is referring to the righteousness they sought. The Gentiles attained the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF FAITH they DIDN'T seek. Israel did not obtain the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE LAW they sought; you still don't get it?
6. Are you kidding? The Gentiles did not seek ANY righteousness, the righteousness Israel sought was unattainable. Do you see how grace is the overiding factor in the attainment of the righteousness that matters?
7.I like this similitude, save it for a rainy day.
8. There is only one righteousness that AVAILS before God. By faith it is attainable, by law, it is not.
9. The next passage is the whole of chapter 10 of the same book, please read it up; Paul is not yet done with you; it is with him you have been disputing !
Re: Are You Born Again, Then You Are Righteous, Justified. by PastorAIO: 9:08am On Nov 07, 2011
I think a sticking point is the very notion of Righteousness.

What do you understand by Righteousness?

Check out these threads:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-186585.0.html

and this post:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-335826.0.html#msg4712314

Read them and then tell me what you understand by the word Righteousness. This will help determine whether or not there can be such a thing as 2 righteousnesses.
Re: Are You Born Again, Then You Are Righteous, Justified. by unphilaz(m): 9:42am On Nov 09, 2011
Pastor AIO as i get to reply to your post, please join me in worshiping the righteousness of Yahweh!
Re: Are You Born Again, Then You Are Righteous, Justified. by unphilaz(m): 10:22am On Nov 09, 2011
my brain

Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye / Imam Hated Christians Until He Was Raised From Death / Is Religion A Business?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50