Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:46 AM

Relocating To Nigeria with our kids - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Nigeria with our kids (3287 Views)

Some Interesting Tourist Sites In Nigeria, with photos / Relocating To Bahamas / Relocating To Ghana: Kumasi Or Accra Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by hammed71(m): 6:56am On Jun 20, 2023
worry357:

Simple answer
Your children will hate you forever for depriving them of an upbringing in an advanced country. They will curse you until they dance on your grave.
or you cry in secret when your children become gay or transgender without you doing anything about it due to the western government supporting them and besides she and her children have dutch passport who told you they cant move back to the west and become successful after living in Nigeria
Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by Gerrard59(m): 8:01am On Jun 20, 2023
1Sharon:

Dooes that include Nigerians that were born in the UK, because you know we exist right?

You guys don't get it. If someone moves to a new country and struggles, it's not so easy to just move back.

Agreed.

Look at Lagos state, alot of people aren't indigenous and they struggle. Do they conceive moving back? Who tells them to go back to their state of origin?

Are you not following events in Nigeria? Lagos is ronu-ing these days.

It is poor vulnerable Nigerians that truly need to relocate. The present stock are simply greedy and copyiing others.

Well, research has shown that when citizens of a particular country get rich, they relocate to richer countries. The rate at which Mexicans relocated to the US skyrocketed when the GDP per capita hit $10K. The same is with China and India. Does it mean that China is not doing well? But they are everywhere. As it is, young Chinese who have money from their parents japa to Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong. Before the trade war with the US, they were moving enmass via student visas. The same with India, where the best and brightest are moving out of India.

https://www.hoover.org/research/africa-2050-demographic-truth-and-consequences (this article referenced that survey about inhabitants in newly rich countries migrating to richer ones).
https:///buH8miqB9Q (The one about India).

Human wants are insatiable. The more money a person has, the greater the choices.

Phrankleen is trying to tell Nigerians as it is, back in the day Nigerians used to tell rosy stories about the West and lie about their achievements. Now people are telling them as it is and they're accusing them of holding them back and trying to stop their progress. Why are Nigerians so hard headed with a pack mentality?

To a great extent, this is a UK problem. The UK economy is not as well diversified as Germany or Switzerland. Although, those latter two are harder to migrate to coupled with language problems. Another reason is that people went with big expectations. Maybe it is me, but I go into situations having low expectations and preparing for the worst. Another problem is selling their assets to move to the UK. That can be good in, say, Canada since permanent residence could be easily and straightforward attained or in the US where money can be made easily.

The UK is not just it considering the profiles of these persons who complain. You don see doctor complain before? An auditor who worked in a Big4?

It is sickening how ignorant Nigerians think moving to the West alone automatically guarantees their success or means they've made it in life. I'm not anti-japa, I support Doctors & nurses going to the West, these are people that are guaranteed to become somebody

I do agree with the bold, especially as it concerns the UK. God knows I have never fancied that country except if I was to attend Imperial College or Oxbridge. It never caught my interest. The onus is on our people to know why they are migrating, don't sell off your assets, have low expectations, not move in with the entire household etc. Some countries are only good to relocate to on a student visa as a single person. The UK is one of such. Luckily, dependents can work (depending on the visa). In the US, dependents cannot work.

OK how about Jamaica?

Just there. The relocation by OP is hinged on how much she has. Because with more money, she gets more options. Also important are working skills. Jamaicans have it better as they can move to the US to do farm work and earn dollars. OP wants to move because of cultural reasons, so Africa is the only place. If she was just looking for a black dominated country, Jamaica can fill in the blank, plus Barbados and Bahamas. Interestingly, both Bs countries have stringent immigration policies against fellow blacks from poorer countries. Even poor people don't like other poor people.

This life no balance.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by Gerrard59(m): 8:05am On Jun 20, 2023
worry357:

Simple answer
Your children will hate you forever for depriving them of an upbringing in an advanced country. They will curse you until they dance on your grave.

If they have citizenship of a developed country, I dare say make them grow up in Africa for a limited time. The time spent will infuse the confidence, and charisma needed to slug it out when they move back to the developed country. The level of confidence a person who grew up in a black dominated environment has compared to a counterpart who grew up in say Norway is going to be entirely different. The koko is the passport. Secure that and raise your kids in Ghana.

Let me see who will come to tell me my daughter wants to be a boy because of kin ni kon
Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by justwise(m): 9:37am On Jun 20, 2023
hammed71:
or you cry in secret when your children become gay or transgender without you doing anything about it due to the western government supporting them and besides she and her children have dutch passport who told you they cant move back to the west and become successful after living in Nigeria

So we don't have gay and transgenders in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by Gerrard59(m): 4:08am On Jun 21, 2023
ednut1:
frankleen now does babalawo /ifa stuff hahaha. What a clown

Seeing the picture. I have three possible reasons why he is into this stuff; one is to cash out from the folks who are interested in it. The other two, I reserve my comment.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by OkanlawonB(m): 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2023
ednut1:
u sha wan talk lol. She should go and stay in a gated estate in igando abi 🙄
A housing unit in a gated estate at Igando would have made more sense than Paying the reported one Million Dollar for an housing unit in the 360 degree building (which later collapsed before completion) located in your rich area of ikoyi.
The bottom line of the Story is not to follow the Bandwagon when resettling in Nigeria. If you follow Nigeria's societal dictates as a returnee, you are already doomed. Fake lifestyle which is characteristic of this dictates has no advantage whatsoever.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by yeldey: 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
pansophist:

When people think of the Netherlands, they don't take into consideration with the fact that The Netherlands consist of three other countries in the Caribbeans (Aruba, Curacao, and Sint maartens).

So you could be born in the Caribbean, never set your foot in European Netherlands, but you're a Dutch and EU citizen.

By the way she writes, I could tell that she is a Dutch-Caribbean. So it's not fake o. She is Dutch proper, most likely. Netherlands territory is non-contiguous.

You forgot to mention Suriname. That's the origin of dutch players like Patrick Kluivert, Clearance Seedorf and Edgar Davies
Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by pansophist(m): 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
yeldey:

You forgot to mention Suriname. That's the origin of dutch players like Patrick Kluivert, Clearance Seedorf and Edgar Davies

Suriname is not part of the kingdom of the Netherlands. Although Netherlands have lots of Suriname minorities. They used to be a colony before.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... / Places On Earth That Could Have Been Made By Aliens / Nigerians(men) In Senegal, How Do You Cope With Their Beautiful Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.