Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,135 members, 7,829,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Relocating To Nigeria with our kids - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Nigeria with our kids (3229 Views)

Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? / Some Interesting Tourist Sites In Nigeria, with photos / Relocating To Ghana: Kumasi Or Accra Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by BlessedEnoche(f): 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2023
We want to emigrate to Nigeria with our children, from Europe.
Under 18 yrs, we are Nigerian (husband) and dutch, the way the world is going, we would like them to have a bit of the African life experience. We love to travel.

Our family is used to travel and live in multiple countries, western world, But not Africa. We want to farm in Nigeria.

Am doing some research and what i found out is that there are a large amount of afro Americans that are moving to Ghana to settle down there, the Ghanian government even have a special treatment for them.

Even Ghanians are willing to go back home from the western world, when you go on YouTube etc, there are alot of stories about people relocating to Ghana with families from all over the world.

When i speak to the Nigerians in the diaspora, they are condemning Nigeria, talking down on Nigeria.
Even the Shell workers (expats) dont want to go back to Nigeria (even with pensions). Most Nigerians want to even leave Nigeria. The Nigerian students are not returning home after their studies to share their knowledge and to help build Nigeria.

This is so shocking to me because i have never heard any other African speaking countries speak so bad about their own country like the Nigerians do, even somalians are going back to Somalia.

My question is;
is there anybody in this group that went back home with children from the western world and what was your experience, how did your kids cope? How did yourself cope?

6 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2023
The best way to clear your doubt is to go live in Nigeria for a month.

After that, you will “PERSONALLY” have an idea and reach a conclusion.

Your taste and definition of comfort is different from other people who might encourage or discourage you.

So like I said earlier, visit for a month.

40 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by MatrixReloaded: 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
Living in western country and having a dual citizenship is a good thing. You can find your cool spot in High rise areas VVip. That being said, plan ahead, book shortlets Airbnb and arrive through MMIA or NAIA. Protect your confidential documents and have an investment strategy at hand.

BlessedEnoche:

why? Explain?
Forget that bunch of lunatics on NL. Everything seems like a joke to that faceless amoeba.
VeryWickedMan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by Ajens1991: 3:55pm On Jun 18, 2023
As the first poster said, come and visit with your family for a month or two. Then decide for your self if you want to continue for your living permanently or not.

9 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by VeryWickedMan: 3:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlessedEnoche:

My question is;
is there anybody in this group that went back home with children from the western world and what was your experience, how did your kids cope? How did yourself cope?

Chinwetel Ejiofor will tell you better.
RIP in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by Ladiesdream: 4:00pm On Jun 18, 2023
As you're coming back, can I replace you where you're coming from? My humble appeal.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by BlessedEnoche(f): 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2023
VeryWickedMan:

Chinwetel Ejiofor will tell you better.
RIP in advance.

why? Explain?
Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by BlessedEnoche(f): 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ladiesdream:
As you're coming back, can I replace you where you're coming from? My humble appeal.

Lol to do what?
We blacks dont understand that we are blessed to live in Africa, lets build Africa and stop thinking about White man land, stop thinking that the west is the best. We can make Africa great. Even Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by Ladiesdream: 4:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlessedEnoche:

Lol to do what?
We blacks dont understand that we are blessed to live in Africa, lets build Africa and stop thinking about White man land, stop thinking that the west is the best. We can make Africa great. Even Nigeria.

I know Madam, I just want a favour From you. Take me to where you are let me replace you.

I understand you vividly.

4 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by XtraFortunes: 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlessedEnoche:
Under 18 yrs, we are Nigerian (husband) and dutch, the way the world is going, we would like them to have a bit of the African life experience. We love to travel.

Our family is used to travel and live in multiple countries, western world, But not Africa. We want to farm in Nigeria.

Am doing some research and what i found out is that there are a large amount of afro Americans that are moving to Ghana to settle down there, the Ghanian government even have a special treatment for them.

Even Ghanians are willing to go back home from the western world, when you go on YouTube etc, there are alot of stories about people relocating to Ghana with families from all over the world.

When i speak to the Nigerians in the diaspora, they are condemning Nigeria, talking down on Nigeria.
Even the Shell workers (expats) dont want to go back to Nigeria (even with pensions). Most Nigerians want to even leave Nigeria. The Nigerian students are not returning home after their studies to share their knowledge and to help build Nigeria.

This is so shocking to me because i have never heard any other African speaking countries speak so bad about their own country like the Nigerians do, even somalians are going back to Somalia.

My question is;

If you watch the news you will see that a lot of farmers have left their farms because of Fulani herdsmen and their cows who kidnap and terrorize them. The government is not doing anything to bring these herdsmen to justice and you will hardly find them being prosecuted in any court.

I am not against you coming to African but coming to Nigeria, I will advise you think again. Instead go to Ghana or Gambia and settle and farm there till things get better here.

You can imagine a country where Bandits and terrorist collect tax from farmer where there is supposed to be a Government? It is a sad situation at this point.

Instead of fixing these things the government deploys propaganda to downplay it

https://www.nairaland.com/7016384/northern-farmers-lament-over-incessant#110779576

https://www.nairaland.com/7590177/herdsmen-kill-scores-people-benue

https://www.nairaland.com/7599387/fulani-herdsmen-kill-pastor-two

https://www.nairaland.com/7599719/bandits-impose-2million-levy-zamfara

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2023
If you want to live in a black dominated country you are better off moving to Ghana. If you are interested in a different culture you can explore Namibia or Botswana. Nigeria isn't advisable to migrate to at the moment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by ednut1(m): 5:42pm On Jun 18, 2023
The Ghana you talked about. Many are running back to USA. If you have money you can try it that is can afford places where rich people in Nigeria stay and the schools. If you are poor or just average in your current country you will suffer o

4 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by wavz: 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
Curious what your husband really & truly thinks about this plan.

Why isn't he the one asking?

Good step looking for answers though.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by eepeepook: 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2023
Stay where you are and stop disturbing our peace.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2023
ednut1:
The Ghana you talked about. Many are running back to USA. If you have money you can try it that is can afford places where rich people in Nigeria stay and the schools. If you are poor or just average in your current country you will suffer o

Lol went to Ghana a few weeks back and the only thing every Ghanaian talks about is how to japa. To get a ghanian passport now takes 6 months to one year same as Naija. They are a bit lucky with regards to Japa as it's easy for them to even get mexico visa and other places. Nigerians we can't even get it. Overall, the black man has failed completely but Ghana is peaceful compared to Nigeria but the economy is zero

14 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by Sweetvie: 6:39pm On Jun 18, 2023
Hmm
Why don't you visit Nigeria first. Then you can decide.
Nigeria is really cool if you're loaded. You can find a cool area in lag and settle down.
Even Ghanaian want to japa.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by OkanlawonB(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
@OP, it depends on your individual circumstance and the the region you intend relocating to ,to practice your agriculture, SW Nigeria is still more safe than other regions like Eastern , Middle Belt or even northern Nigeria for this purpose.
Also of pertinence is your financial buoyancy because Nigeria is not realy cheap.
Of importance is also how much of the Reality of present day Nigeria do you know.
It may not realy matter if someone else did it, your circumstances may be very very different and therefore irrelevant to your case.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by OkanlawonB(m): 7:24pm On Jun 18, 2023
ednut1:

You don't really need to have a place in the area where the so called rich people ( i assumed u meant Banana Island and Lekki) live to resettle back to Nigeria from the West. A place in a gated estate on mainland Lagos will answer the question of security.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by justwise(m): 7:38pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlessedEnoche:

Lol to do what?

You are saying now after enjoying the west and saving up to enable return to Africa.

Nothing wrong with returning home after sometimes in the west but lets stop this sort of comment above.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by ednut1(m): 8:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
OkanlawonB:

You don't really need to have a place in the area where the so called rich people ( i assumed u meant Banana Island and Lekki) live to resettle back to Nigeria from the West. A place in a gated estate on mainland Lagos will answer the question of security.
u sha wan talk lol. She should go and stay in a gated estate in igando abi 🙄

4 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by bdon12: 8:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlessedEnoche:

My question is;
Nigeria is not Ghana.even statistics showed pakistan was safer to live than Nigeria a few years ago.If u wanna live in nigeria,better goto Lekki or vi or maitama.dont try that nonsense farming u talking of o.bandits full farm

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by Brownshoe: 8:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
If not for mosquitoes, Africa is good , come my dear there is Bagon insecticide.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by 1Sharon(f): 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
Do it.

I relocated to Nigeria with my family and lived for 6 years. Did most of my primary Education. It helped me know my culture.

Be warned that your kids may not like Nigeria overall, but schools and extra-curricular activities will keep them going.

Give them a soft landing in Nigeria, put them in the best neighbourhoods, best schools, best leisure centres you can get.

4-5 years tops and then move back. Even the kids too will want to go back.

Don't move to any village to get the full "african experience"

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by Icrave4u: 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
You have made money abroad now you want to come back but stylishly discouraging those who want to go abroad to hustle like you do, anyway majority of africans abroad even jamaicans who have made it there are relocating or have relocated back to Ghana. Cos all prefer to go to Ghana than any other african country , you can relocate to ghana you will find your likes there but not in the city of accra. Some have moved into their locals and there are doing very well. Ghana is now the hub of returnees from abroad.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by emperor4love(m): 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2023
Bring dem back ooh de kind tin way de happen for West need one to bring there kid atleast to witness there fatherland culture bfr going back
...gay and other weird stuff is much in West this period of time
Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by justwise(m): 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2023
emperor4love:
Bring dem back ooh de kind tin way de happen for West need one to bring there kid atleast to witness there fatherland culture bfr going back
...gay and other weird stuff is much in West this period of time

You think Africa is free of such people?

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by BlessedEnoche(f): 10:55pm On Jun 18, 2023
Icrave4u:
You have made money abroad now you want to come back but stylishly discouraging those who want to go abroad to hustle like you do, anyway majority of africans abroad even jamaicans who have made it there are relocating or have relocated back to Ghana. Cos all prefer to go to Ghana than any other african country , you can relocate to ghana you will find your likes there but not in the city of accra. Some have moved into their locals and there are doing very well. Ghana is now the hub of returnees from abroad.

Nope sir, to travel is good.
Infact travel because its good for your experience.
Am not discouraging anybody.
We are working online for the past 14 yrs so we did not made our money "abroad" and we are still working, we are still very young.
But its about the mindset, taking risk and apart from that i like to take adventure.
There are millions of people now working online from different countries

Indians, Bangladesh etc are working online, there are alot of jobs you can do online without blaming the government, you only need a good internet connection.

I know my inlaws, nigerians are very intelligent, creative, hustlers, educated and hard working people, but its just the mindset to think that everything western is good if we continue to think like this, the westerner will never respect us and will continue to feel superior over us.

A westerner will not go to Africa/Caribbean for a "better life" (he will not come for benefits) , but he will come to invest or to do business.

I would love to see my inlaws go back home after sometime and stop looking down on Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by BlessedEnoche(f): 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2023
[quote author=1Sharon post=123884351]Do it.

I relocated to Nigeria with my family and lived for 6 years. Did most of my primary Education. It helped me know my culture.

Be warned that your kids may not like Nigeria overall, but schools and extra-curricular activities will keep them going.

Give them a soft landing in Nigeria, put them in the best neighbourhoods, best schools, best leisure centres you can get.

4-5 years tops and then move back. Even the kids too will want to go back.

Don't move to any village to get the full "african experience"

Wow thats nice.
What was the reason that you moved back?
No, we are not going to the village, but the big cities.

Why are you saying to stay for 5 years? Can you tell me your reasons?
Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by 1Sharon(f): 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlessedEnoche:

I guess my family just decided it was time to go back

Because within that time the kids can be done with either secondary or Primary school and that enough time to get an immersive experience
Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by 1Sharon(f): 11:14pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlessedEnoche:

Nope sir, to travel is good.
Infact travel because its good for your experience.
Am not discouraging anybody.
We are working online for the past 14 yrs so we did not made our money "abroad" and we are still working, we are still very young.
But its about the mindset, taking risk and apart from that i like to take adventure.
There are millions of people now working online from different countries

Indians, Bangladesh etc are working online, there are alot of jobs you can do online without blaming the government, you only need a good internet connection.

I know my inlaws, nigerians are very intelligent, creative, hustlers, educated and hard working people, but its just the mindset to think that everything western is good if we continue to think like this, the westerner will never respect us and will continue to feel superior over us.

A westerner will not go to Africa/Caribbean for a "better life" (he will not come for benefits) , but he will come to invest or to do business.

I would love to see my inlaws go back home after sometime and stop looking down on Nigeria

Aren't you Dutch?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by Niom(m): 11:16pm On Jun 18, 2023
Even your husband (a Nigerian) wouldn't let you guys come here...
But if your aim is to go into Agro business, consider any of the States in Western part of Nigeria. Avoid North mbok...
Re: Relocating To Nigeria with our kids by JeffreyJunior: 11:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
Story is about foreigner, a Dutch in particular but writeup smells Nigerian, the one that lives likely in Ogbomosho, not even Lagos or Abuja.

It's just like the case of "voice of Jacob but hand of Esau".

I'm fed up with fake stories here. angry

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed / Us Visa Stay Extension / Heartbroken Moment Pilots Struggled To Control Ethiopian Plane Before It Crashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.