Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today (12237 Views)

Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today / Buhari, Task Force Meet Today Over Nationwide Lockdown / Minimum Wage: Details Of New Adjustment Formula Agreed By FG, Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Lutherblaq: 7:13am On Jun 19, 2023
Representatives of the Federal Government and the leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, will on Monday, today, resume talks on petrol subsidy removal palliatives.

Recall that following the removal of the fuel subsidy on May 29, the NLC had threatened to shut down the countryโ€™s economy by embarking on industrial action.

However, on June 5, NLC announced the suspension of its planned strike after a series of meetings with the federal government.

The NLC and the Trade Union Congress, TUC, however, made some demands which would cushion the effect of the hike in fuel price and other essential commodities caused by the subsidy removal.

It is expected that the both parties would harmonize some of the demands in the meeting scheduled for 4pm today.

According to the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment, Kachallom Daju, the parties will reconvene at the presidential Villa, Abuja.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/06/19/fuel-subsidy-anxiety-as-fg-labour-meet-today/

1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Lutherblaq: 7:14am On Jun 19, 2023
I've observed that this admistration are not making any move to help the cost of living in this country, but if you criticize them some people will come and bully you, insult your generation.. But i'll keep on saying the plain truth, cos i don't give a damn about their insults and bullies.

If this govt want to help us the should have set free buses for us after they remove the subsidy but no the keep on looking like the don't know what to do.sad

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by TemplarLandry: 7:15am On Jun 19, 2023
cool
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by GOFRONT(m): 7:24am On Jun 19, 2023
cheesy
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by apache4: 7:26am On Jun 19, 2023
It's really disheartening, I bought fuel this morning for almost 40k

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by incandescentena: 7:27am On Jun 19, 2023
This is a done issue. My opinion

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by incandescentena: 7:29am On Jun 19, 2023
Lutherblaq:
I've observed that this admistration are not making any move to help the cost of living in this country, but if you criticize them some people will come and bully you, insult your generation.. But i'll keep on saying the plain truth, cos i don't give a damn about their insults and bullies.

If this govt want to help us the should have set free buses for us after they remove the subsidy but no the keep on looking like the don't know what to do.sad

Calm down.... It's a gradual process. I am sure they will address they issues affecting the economy as a whole and living standards .

Ps: You can criticize the government of BAT, he is a refined Democratic unlike his predecessor, Buhari. But it is wise to criticize goverments, CONSTRUCTIVELY.

7 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by wittywriter: 7:30am On Jun 19, 2023
It's funny how pressure groups are no longer taken seriously by Nigerians( masses)!

Anyways let's see how the new sherrif in town will handle the issues.

Wittyness
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 19, 2023
apache4:
It's really disheartening, I bought fuel this morning for almost 40k
Full tank?
Na transporter you be?

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Lutherblaq: 7:36am On Jun 19, 2023
incandescentena:

Calm down.... It's a gradual process. I am sure they will address they issues affecting the economy as a whole and living standards

Am i not calm before...?
Am only stating what is obviouse coz me i don't see any gradual process in deploying buses for the masses.. And me i can't be in pains and endure it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by AntiChristian: 7:37am On Jun 19, 2023
It will turn out well!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by PerfectJUSTICE: 7:41am On Jun 19, 2023
Nothing will come out of it as usual. Labor is compromised.

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by incandescentena: 7:42am On Jun 19, 2023
Lutherblaq:

Am i not calm before...?
Am only stating what is obviouse coz me i don't see any gradual process in deploying buses for the masses.. And me i can't be in pains and endure it.

I feel your troubles. We all are involved in this, one way or the other....

Though the government made an error which they were supposed to make provisions before they removed subsidy, to mitigate the already hardship carried from the previous government. One thing iam sure, all these processes will eventually result in easing the burdens on the citizens in a short time to come. They question now will be, WHEN IS THAT TIME?!

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by b3llo(m): 7:43am On Jun 19, 2023
Not a single bullet will be fired. Jagaban will contain them all.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Naija4love(m): 7:49am On Jun 19, 2023
Make the meeting favorably to Nigerian๐Ÿ‘

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Lutherblaq: 7:55am On Jun 19, 2023
incandescentena:

I feel your troubles. We all are involved in this, one way or the other....

Though the government made an error which they were supposed to make provisions before they removed subsidy, to mitigate the already hardship carried from the previous government. One thing iam sure, all these processes will eventually result in easing the burdens on the citizens in a short time to come. They question now will be, WHEN IS THAT TIME?!

I pray so

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by incandescentena: 7:57am On Jun 19, 2023
Lutherblaq:

I pray so
Well said. Let's all pray so

Thanks for that.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by CodeTemplar: 8:02am On Jun 19, 2023
Lutherblaq:

There is no way free ride could have been smuggled across border but the govt didn't see that's and still don't.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:07am On Jun 19, 2023
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:07am On Jun 19, 2023
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
Okay

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by marlow1962(m): 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
Okay
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Freedom2023(m): 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
It is well. Tell the righteous so
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by dalobevin: 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
E go choke
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Lovenorth: 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
What I certainly understand is that there is nobody that truly cares for the Nigerian people, I don't think this meeting would produce efficient results

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by ManWater: 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
Whatever the wonderful arguments in favor of fuel subsidy removal, fact before our very eyes is that cost of living has increased thereby making life more difficult for the average Nigerian.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Laple0541(m): 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
Subsidy removal is here to stay, we canโ€™t continue to subsidize for fuel consume by those ungrateful parasitic countries called our neighbours.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by AntiChristian: 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
cheesy
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Judolisco(m): 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
NLC do not represent the people let's stop lying to ourselves.... Dis fuel subsidy removal is killing people... U want to increase minimum wage... But we have high umemployment rate...

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by inkon: 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States / Oando Replies NNPC, Says Firm Didnโ€™t Import Adulterated Petrol / Valentine Ozigbo Declares Intention To Contest For The Governor Of Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.