Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today (12255 Views)

Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today / Buhari, Task Force Meet Today Over Nationwide Lockdown / Minimum Wage: Details Of New Adjustment Formula Agreed By FG, Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by maintenant: 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
incandescentena:

Calm down.... It's a gradual process. I am sure they will address they issues affecting the economy as a whole and living standards .

Ps: You can criticize the government of BAT, he is a refined Democratic unlike his predecessor, Buhari. But it is wise to criticize goverments, CONSTRUCTIVELY.
Refined democrat who captured Lagos and used it to launch himself on the national stage...

Refined democrat who uses thugs to perpetuate political dominance...

You are not a robot na...

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Tyga100: 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
apache4:
It's really disheartening, I bought fuel this morning for almost 40k

It's saddening.

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Flets: 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nigerians go hear am
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Biola67: 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
Anxiety for where 😆
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by complexstuffs(m): 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nothing dey happen

Labour will be reasonable as there is no reason for any strike.

The president is on the right track and we Nigerians are solidly behind him
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by sportskid(m): 12:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
Tinubu will not deliver. This strike is a goal.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Nigeriagood(m): 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
Lutherblaq:
I've observed that this admistration are not making any move to help the cost of living in this country, but if you criticize them some people will come and kill you, insult your father. But i'll keep on saying the damn lie,cos i don't give a damn about their insults and bullies.

If this govt want to help us the should have set free buses for us after they remove the subsidy but no the keep on looking like the don't know what to do.sad
are you normal,
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Pickmycall: 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
Tinubu and his associates remove subsidy without stopping their huge jumbo salaries and pensions.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by olumike001(m): 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
Lutherblaq:
I've observed that this admistration are not making any move to help the cost of living in this country, but if you criticize them some people will come and bully you, insult your generation.. But i'll keep on saying the plain truth, cos i don't give a damn about their insults and bullies.

If this govt want to help us the should have set free buses for us after they remove the subsidy but no the keep on looking like the don't know what to do.sad

Free buses

Do you now see that it difficult to do something that will be generally accepted. I am very surprised o, aren't you alive during the COVID 19 era(of what use is the foodstuffs that was shared-a street having 3 derica of rice Etc , how many buses can be regarded as free please, do you think it's sustainable?
Do you think it will go round?
Can u trust yourself I u r the one handling the project of free buses

I bet you don't really know abo Governance with this your suggestion sir, apologies ooo..
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by gloryman91: 12:39pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ok God bless NIGERIA.

Hope Dele Alake is in the FGN meeting team ?

Unlike one useless short man ngige.

FGN should please pay Federal Civil Servants Salaries for June, 2023 under IPPIS this week so as to celebrate Sallah in a special way and cushion effect of subsidy removal.

Don't forget to pay allowances owed by the past Government.

Allah bless you you and your Government Sir.

BAT for greatness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by broadman20: 12:42pm On Jun 19, 2023
incandescentena:

Calm down.... It's a gradual process. I am sure they will address they issues affecting the economy as a whole and living standards .

Ps: You can criticize the government of BAT, he is a refined Democratic unlike his predecessor, Buhari. But it is wise to criticize goverments, CONSTRUCTIVELY.

Most of you are still the same people who supported Buhari until we find ourselves here.

It all means that both you and those you are are supporting are playing games with people's lives.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by begge: 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nigeria problem its like pouring water in basket
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by incandescentena: 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
broadman20:

Most of you are still the same people who supported Buhari until we find ourselves here.

It all means that both you and those you are are supporting are playing games with people's lives.

Most of Atiku supporter are still the same people who supported Obi until we find ourselves here.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by broadman20: 12:50pm On Jun 19, 2023
incandescentena:

Most of Atiku supporter are still the same people who supported Obi until we find ourselves here.

At least the want change from the nonsense policies of the ruling party.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by waveman2: 12:56pm On Jun 19, 2023
So him for they put 5 liters for motor yeye comment.
Wagwanbrethren:

Full tank?
Na transporter you be?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by 2016easy2017: 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
I like the F.G to just give us guns and permission. These Labour Congress need be attacked by us ourselves
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by structurem(m): 1:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
incandescentena:

The main issue here is, if the masses are asked to "sacrifice " their comfort for a better Nigeria, what then are the leaders, from the president to governors, members of national assembly and other political office holders sacrificing? Have they announced any austerity measure taken by them to persuade the followers. Leadership should be by example, I believe.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Uten9z(m): 1:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
Which kind wahala be this
The truth about this is that the future gain is better than the sacrifice we have to make as a country now.

We quickly compare this country with china on how years back china was backward that even Nigerias currency was far better but we don't want to knw the sacrifice they made or undergo such to become the words leading economy one day. We have zero down from fastest developing country to what we are now.

Believe me even closing the borders by Former PMB was not a wrong idia but the system didn't make plans + our greedy marketers and marchants men who countr the prices of market commudity perceive that new actors will arise from the result and they will be face out so instead they resulted to frustrating the citizens with highest impact on the poor masses with unscrupulous rise in prices of livelihood.

It's not funny for me especially and I didn't vote in this government but a right thing is right to associate with, I am not finding it any funny but I believe there are some bricks that we need to drop in this country if we need to move forward and better and it dosnt matter who does that.

One thing obvious is that the prices of community normally even from a kilometer apart varies in Nigeria (no control) and Nigeria still patronize them in there variations and never complain even with the wide margins weather they knw or not in as far as they need it but then I observe that the gap and margins is now closing up considerably, I can speculate by a more than 75%.
I mean people that extort other people are now forced to close up, they cannot longer practice their hideous crimes of over bloating their market prices again because no one is buying and to keep business they are have to almost harmonize their commodity prices with the regular because of the hike of price from increase of subsidy most likely.

By the way cutting down means of person living is the solution to cope now till things set.

I trust the government to do something too just like GEJ did by supplying Elrufai Buses, and with other emoluments expecially for government staffs and citizenry.

But if una decision is that we stay as we deh tor no qualms, as the common Nigerian man slugan "Na so e bi tei tai, nothing go work for this country".
Or we go support and join jagaban so that the small salary we deh earn no go stiln stop. Abi una no no say the system don deh cripple? We need a different approach to fit into the fast evolving world economy with too much loan to bare for as long as possible.

Unless we are set to end this country or frustrate this government by making sure it doesn't deliver (which we all go sufferam) we need dialogue on possible outcome forward.

My pick cry
Hmmm by the way I just deh leave abj now and gahn I no see collect
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by incandescentena: 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
structurem:

The main issue here is, if the masses are asked to "sacrifice " their comfort for a better Nigeria, what then are the leaders, from the president to governors, members of national assembly and other political office holders sacrificing? Have they announced any austerity measure taken by them to persuade the followers. Leadership should be by example, I believe.
I believe everything you said would also be agreed by others. Leadership really matters.

We will see

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nothing dey pah grin grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by benjaminlawson(m): 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
Laple0541:
Subsidy removal is here to stay, we can’t continue to subsidize for fuel consume by those ungrateful parasitic countries called our neighbours.

You people are the reason why our government are misbehaving without human face in their decision in most cases. How would someone in his right sense say that because some people are taken our oil out or some people are scamming us through subsidy payments, then more than two hundred million Nigerians should face galloping inflation that result from subsidy withdrawals, even without palliative. If our oil are taking out, why did we have custom, or how many CGC of custom and immigration head or Dss head or IG of Police have been sack their complesit and corruption, the government is telling us that masses are to bear their incompetent attitude. If government that claimed 400 billions is to much to fund what benefit the entire population, can instruct CBN Governor to be paying 500 billion naira to a woman without impact on Nigerians, then what is justification of removing subsidy. The same border they claimed is porous was manned that even when the suspended CBN Governor wanted to use it to escape he was caught, but the same government cannot manned it to hinder the smuggling of our patrol in thousands of long vehicles daily, who is deceiving who?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Joshcoli(m): 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2023
A dedicated supporter of BAT (name withheld) visited my residence accompanied by his wife, seeking assistance, even if it was in the form of food supplies.

Despite our political differences, I chose to demonstrate compassion and provided them with a modest amount of rice, beans, and garri.

Our friendship predates our involvement in politics, and it will endure beyond these partisan affiliations.

There is an urgent need for BAT to take prompt action in alleviating the burdensome cost of living that has become increasingly challenging for many individuals.

Personally, I incurred expenses exceeding N50,000 while using my car for a week, and I acknowledge that it is essential for me to exercise cost-saving measures without external prompting.

We still have a considerable journey ahead of us, with numerous challenges to address.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by Exceed15: 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
incandescentena:

Una no dey learn. Na Buhari complete 8 years
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by alabo1: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2023
incandescentena:

I feel your troubles. We all are involved in this, one way or the other....

Though the government made an error which they were supposed to make provisions before they removed subsidy, to mitigate the already hardship carried from the previous government. One thing iam sure, all these processes will eventually result in easing the burdens on the citizens in a short time to come. They question now will be, WHEN IS THAT TIME?!

it is ok now because its Tinubu right? When jonathan proposed it with clear cut palliatives I am sure you were one of those that rejected it and carried the occupy Nigeria Mantra on your head. continue. All of us they go the same market
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by owunabastard: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2023
the best way government will help is to arrange general acceptance of LPG that is far cheaper than fuel
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by SmartyPants(m): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
Lutherblaq:
I've observed that this admistration are not making any move to help the cost of living in this country, but if you criticize them some people will come and bully you, insult your generation.. But i'll keep on saying the plain truth, cos i don't give a damn about their insults and bullies.

Where is the money to buy and operate free buses coming from? Just want to understand
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Anxiety As FG, Labour Meet Today by soccerlite: 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
Atleast by now new salary is supposed to have been implemented

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plateau Attacks: Tinubu's Security Measures Empty - Amnesty International / Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States / Sowore addresses students of Benson University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.