Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff (37030 Views)

Chief Of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Taoreed Lagbaja, Visits Lagos / Handover Ceremony Of Maj. Gen. Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff / Profile Of Chief Of Defence Staff, Maj-Gen Christopher Gwabin Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by SmartPolician: 9:08am On Jun 20, 2023
Osilama1:
buratai and buhari aren't from same tribe... Borno isn't Hausa nor fulani state that's the error some of u make grouping North under Hausa fulani... Tinubu appionted a kaduna guy as CDs... If u are not ok hug transformer

Stvpid kids - go and read what I wrote again or ask someone to explain it to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by dealslip(f): 9:12am On Jun 20, 2023
Amotolongbo:
you are very correct. Just trying to buttress your points
Yes I see you point. Thanks
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by IamtheTruth1(m): 9:13am On Jun 20, 2023
2mch:

You are very silly. The current chief of Army in the US is Irish and Catholic like Biden. Only a foolish president will appoint someone from the tribe of online lunatics to be his army chief. This is all over the world. No one is as stupid as you all think you are. Keep letting frustrated little tribes drag you to their level, let ND people take your place. Online mugus. Where that fool Chimamanda? Make she go write another letter na.
You are a Nitwit. Shey the 4000 appointee’s are Irish and Catholics?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by dealslip(f): 9:16am On Jun 20, 2023
2mch:

It is a typical Yoruba name that was used in an ancient proverb. That name must have existed to use it in that proverb. It’s probably fully Olagbaja. Overtime turned to Lagbaja. It’s a real name.
Lagbaja is not a name. It may be adopted to be used by people. For instance Bisade Ologunde popularly called Lagbaja adopted the name as a stage name which portray him as a faceless person. That is why he wears a mask to denote faceless.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by 2mch(m): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2023
dealslip:

Lagbaja is not a name. It may be adopted to be used by people. For instance Bisade Ologunde popularly called Lagbaja adopted the name as a stage name which portray him as a faceless person. That is why he wears a mask to denote faceless.
I even thought this was a person arguing with common sense. Now that you have seen someone bearing the name. What will you call him? Masquerade? Is Longe not a name too? Is Longe an evil person because the Yoruba proverb associated with that name connotes Longe could be associated with evil. Use your brain and open it to think. No quote me again, I have moved on from the topic because you no get critical thinking skills.

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by zoezoelogistics(m): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2023
GOFRONT:
I thought Lagbaja is only a name of a Masquerade

Lagbaja is not the name of a masquerade.

It is a term that refers to an unknown person, more like saying "somebody came looking for you". You use somebody here to depict the fact that you don't know the name of the person. If you did, you would have mentioned his name like, "Mr John came looking for you".

So Lagbaja in yoruba refers to somebody/an unknown person.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by Folapass(m): 9:24am On Jun 20, 2023
dealslip:

Lagbaja is not a typical Yoruba name nor a masquerade's name. It's a generic word used to describe anyone in a conversation with no specific subject. Lagbaja is just like using every Tom, Dick and Harry in your conversation, it refers to no one even though there are people who bear this names. It is often used alongside Tamedu. It is used as an example. Example - Lagbaja mo orin ko Tamedu mo ijo jo, ewo ni wo le se. Interpretation - This one can sing, that one can dance, which one can you do?
I so much like this and I take permission to use on my wall

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by Folapass(m): 9:27am On Jun 20, 2023
zoezoelogistics:

Lagbaja is not the name of a masquerade.

It is a term that refers to an unknown person, more like saying "somebody came looking for you". You use somebody here to depict the fact that you don't know the name of the person. If you did, you would have mentioned his name like, "Mr John came looking for you".

So Lagbaja in yoruba refers to somebody/an unknown person.
I appreciate your explanation on this
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by dealslip(f): 9:31am On Jun 20, 2023
2mch:

I even thought this was a person arguing with common sense. Now that you have seen someone bearing the name. What will you call him? Masquerade? Is Longe not a name too? Is Longe an evil person because the Yoruba proverb associated with that name connotes Longe could be associated with evil. Use your brain and open it to think. No quote me again, I have moved on from the topic because you no get critical thinking skills.
I shake my head for you, if all you can see in this discuss is arguements and insult. Everyone has made a decent comment on this even the person I quoted. Go back and read the tone of my comments and the others - they were explanatory and supplementary not arguementative, at least you have shown the world your mindset by this your immature and uncouth response.
I even took my time to explain the reason why Lagbaja adopted a stage name that depicted faceless or non specific person but no you must be right in your own sight and you have not made one single addition to the knowledge share here

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by dealslip(f): 9:31am On Jun 20, 2023
Folapass:
I so much like this and I take permission to use on my wall
With all pleasure

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by juman(m): 9:33am On Jun 20, 2023
South west will probably get only state ministers.
They are using major parts of their places in the government on leading the forces.
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by Allisgud: 9:33am On Jun 20, 2023
If after all this profile we still have insecurity in the country after 4 years,then his pedigree is the same with a secondary school boy
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by juman(m): 9:34am On Jun 20, 2023
North central states should get six major ministers.
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by Emola12(m): 9:35am On Jun 20, 2023
Yukov:
Deal with those IPOB miscreants again. This is the time we need your expertise most.
grin grin grin
you never finish with kidnapers you wan deal with IPOB terrorist dey play
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by spy24(m): 9:37am On Jun 20, 2023
SmartPolician:
Apart from Obasanjo (that man is a true Nigerian), every other Nigerian president appointed soldiers either from their tribe or a tribe they can trust as his army chief.

It's quite unfortunate that 100 years later, Nigeria is still struggling to unite as one country. Congratulations to the new army chief though!

Guy, you are not putting it right, actually PDP was Nigeria unifying party. PDP in it's 16 year at the top never played the ethno religious politics APC is now doing now
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by ashawopikin(m): 9:38am On Jun 20, 2023
Omo, this man credentials choke
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by ifyboi91: 9:45am On Jun 20, 2023
GeneralPula:

Lol..

Rara oo..

Lagbaja is a name & not a masquerade o grin

A normal typical Yoruba name!

The masquerading dressing of the popular music legend - Lagbaja is only a style I guess, it has nothing to do with his name! You know every musician got their own unique style!

In addition to this, Lagbaja means "Anonymous". He (Lagbaja) chose to be anonymous in his music career because there was issues between his family and his church then when he was just starting his career. Thus, he remains anonymous to please them and also to actualize his goals.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2023
Okay this appointment is also good ....
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by BHG1: 9:53am On Jun 20, 2023
Popular American Rapper Pokey Dies While Performing On Stage https://www.bhginfodesks.com/2023/06/popular-american-rapper-pokey-dies.html
ifyboi91:

In addition to this, Lagbaja means "Anonymous". He (Lagbaja) chose to be anonymous in his music career because there was issues between his family and his church then when he was just starting his career. Thus, he remains anonymous to please them and also to actualize his goals.
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by countryman13: 9:55am On Jun 20, 2023
abibox02:
Incredible profile that merit the appointment, but the task ahead as COAS is daunting, this is a crucial moment in our nation's history, as the country is trying to put her econony in proper shape, the security of life and property (economy) of her citizens is important too. This will put Nigeria back as the giant of Africa. God bless Nigeria
I agreed with you bro but have you forgotten dt OBJ isn't just a soldier but a General who knows what the military is all about. Am not sure Buhari shot a bullet all through his life as a soldier because we were told he was in charge of logistics (tanker) during d civil war when the gallants ones were battling for the survival of our dear country. Yeah,ds is democracy and U don't expect a sitting civilian president to appointment a COAS n Co from a region or territory he feels unsafe. May God heal our land n bless we d inhabitants,amen
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by BadMaster: 10:02am On Jun 20, 2023
juman:
South west will probably get only state ministers.
They are using major parts of their places in the government on leading the forces.
Very funny. Is it you or Tinubu that will determine who is appointed a minister?
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by hybridblood07(m): 10:02am On Jun 20, 2023
Can you remind us the person Ya'adua appointed as COAS?? And also Jonathan??
SmartPolician:
Apart from Obasanjo (that man is a true Nigerian), every other Nigerian president appointed soldiers either from their tribe or a tribe they can trust as his army chief.

It's quite unfortunate that 100 years later, Nigeria is still struggling to unite as one country. Congratulations to the new army chief though!
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by hybridblood07(m): 10:03am On Jun 20, 2023
You dey mind am??
2mch:

When e reach your turn, appoint the father of your enemies. Who spend all day online spewing lies and hate against you and celebrating the day they hope you fail. Your eye go clear. Na Nigeria you de use play? Even US the President will never appoint such characters to watch his back.
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by arantess: 10:20am On Jun 20, 2023
Zonefree:
Can we see profile of their Grand Commander, starting from his early life, primary and secondary schools he attended?
E didn't dey
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by Kajaard: 10:23am On Jun 20, 2023
See a whole Major General with just 2 children, but you would see poor jobless idiots given birth to a complete football team.

This is why I don’t pity poor people with too many children. They just add to increase the poverty in the county

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by gloryman91: 10:28am On Jun 20, 2023
Barakallahu fih.

Allah bless you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by elitper: 10:33am On Jun 20, 2023
The tone and meaning are different. The COAS's name fully rendered is "Ola gba ija mi ja" meaning "wealth has taken the challenge to fight on my behalf." I used to have a primary school teacher of same name. It took serious caning to stop us calling him "Mr Majala" meaning "Mr Cobweb."
GOFRONT:
I thought Lagbaja is only a name of a Masquerade

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by Web2020: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2023
Let him remove cap, first I want to check something
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by NairaMaster1(m): 10:42am On Jun 20, 2023
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by Christistruth03: 10:42am On Jun 20, 2023
thisisit:
He's job is clearly cut out for him.

ISWAP, BANDITS, BOKO HARAM are waiting.

IPOB
Re: Profile Of Maj-Gen Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff by Successlane: 10:44am On Jun 20, 2023
id4sho:
A town hall different from balablu bhlu bhlu bulaba tongue

A wife and two kids, nahhhhh. Village elders needs summon and add another wife cheesy

This your advice enh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Military to launch Operation Ex-Crocodile Smile In Niger Delta / Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood / Meet Lai-Mohammed's Son 'jubril Folajimi' A Member Of Lagos House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.