Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick (24990 Views)

FG Implements Cooking Gas Imports Tax, Price Jumps By 100% / Senate Okays 7.5% VAT And 6 Other Tax Hikes / FG Implements 140 Reforms On Ease Of Doing Business โ€“ Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by arantess: 10:39am On Jun 20, 2023
nedekid:

Me de use 45-50k twice weekly. Ie 100k per week on one car. No be 400k in a month be that?
I never talk of madam moto. Her office no too far so she uses 50k weekly.
First of July, new electricity tarrif of โ‚ฆ80 per KWh.
Na cruise we de for this country!
Ahhhhh

Na only Sundays I dey drive motor now oo
Na real cruise we dey oo

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Bobbiee: 10:42am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Take a look at the the developed countries, you will see that, they all pay task even as small at it is, and thats how government generates money to fund the country

You will understand later

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban

Lol. It's funny that you same people complained incessantly at every policy made by the past leaders for the past16 years but are predictably silent this time around

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Tadeus(m): 10:43am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Take a look at the the developed countries, you will see that, they all pay task even as small at it is, and thats how government generates money to fund the country

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban

This was actually coming from someone that still collect feeding allowance from home.

In sane and developed countries, people enjoy the services before they pay tax. Don't misunderstand me, govt should tax her citizens but the masses must enjoy the services before tax. And tax refund should be implemented not just bring bring kinda tax, and some corrupt leader will syphoned the funds.

Tinubu should calm down with all these taxations before Nigerians I'll start commiting suicide. You will not understand, until you own just small company in Nigeria ๐Ÿ‘Œ

3 Likes

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by baralatie(m): 10:47am On Jun 20, 2023
Diesel don cost again
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Tayorshd87: 10:48am On Jun 20, 2023
PerfectStranger:

Please cut the crap undecided

Is Nigeria a developed country? An average Nigerian barely feeds well, you're talking about tax.
With 30k minimum wage yet the senators are getting massive cashouts. Don't be blindfolded

We are getting there they will increase it soon to balance the equation
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Tayorshd87: 10:50am On Jun 20, 2023
Tadeus:

This was actually coming from someone that still collect feeding allowance from home.

In sane and developed countries, people enjoy the services before they pay tax. Don't misunderstand me, govt should tax her citizens but the masses must enjoy the services before tax. And tax refund should be implemented not just bring bring kinda tax, and some corrupt leader will syphoned the funds.

Tinubu should calm down with all these taxations before Nigerians I'll start commiting suicide. You will not understand, until you own just small company in Nigeria ๐Ÿ‘Œ

We are getting there it's a gradual process
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by nairalanda1(m): 10:51am On Jun 20, 2023
Tadeus:

More like they pay the tax to get the servicies running, and to get the service

You cannot get service before you pay tax. How would government pay the suppliers of the service. Na by magic?
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Elsueno: 10:52am On Jun 20, 2023
LMAO, on ur mandate they shall stand
On Ur mandate, on Ur mandate grin grin

i sure hope agb#dorians get special place where them go receive discount for commodities, Afterall they stood & still standing on his mandate grin

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by kutashi: 10:54am On Jun 20, 2023
PerfectStranger:
This Tinubu's government should kukuma strangle the poor already grin

Increase in virtually everything yet minimum wage still be 30k.

People don't know anything!
All his policy so far are for the rich ones! Not a singular one for the poor!

Even the price of petrol will increase very soon and indirectly, Naira has been devalued. They are just buying time to implement certain things before they increase the salary which won't dance to the song of the economy then!

Hate Buhari till eternity! He was for the poor and this (Tinubu) will serve the riches to the maximum!
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by nairalanda1(m): 10:55am On Jun 20, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Nigeria has not reached the stage of taxing.
What we need at the moment is massive wealth creation through industrialization

Taxing has never made any country rich, go and check through history

Actually, a lot of countries can provide services because people pay tax.

Like the UK...they have something called the NHS...paid for by heavy taxation

Denmark has free education, as does germany as a result of tax...

It is not a matter of making country rich, it is a matter of providing some of the means to make the country rich.

Even here in Nigeria, the reason why we have working GSM is not because of good management, it is because Obasanjo allowed them to charge whatever they liked 20 years ago. Nigerians then complained well well well...Obasanjo no hear. The GSM companes were thus encouraged to invest in Nigeria, and they combined investment with the profits they were making to build our current network from scratch.

(To the point that I can call someone in a remote village now, something that was impossicant 25 years ago).

If you think that oil money can make us rich, think again. And yes, the corruption is there well well...it is what makes our already poor situation worse.
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by olaniyilukman(m): 10:56am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban
You are naive and it seems you have derailed, those countries pay tax but thier tax are use Judiciously
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Pabloicardi: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban
You are a big fool, Nigerians are just coming out from one failed government that drained everyone and the new government is still adding to the suffering of the masses you're here comparing Nigeria to a developed countries.

2 Likes

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by 1nairato1dollar: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban
Always comparing with people who are less corrupt and have the interest of their citizens at heart,they are well paid and did not misused or embezzled tax payer money
A system where things are working compare to the. Looters will have in Nigeria the tax you been paying where is it,it has been embezzled.
They only want the poor to make sacrifices but they did not want to make any sacrifice sacrifice

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Gordson: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban

You don't know you are unemployed..... you are selling dickk cream

E no go better for you for comparing Nigeria with developed countries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by nairalanda1(m): 11:01am On Jun 20, 2023
olaniyilukman:
You are naive and it seems you have derailed, those countries pay tax but thier tax are use Judiciously

And Nigeria does not, as a whole pay enough tax.

Part of the reason is that the vast majority of us are poor...so government relies more on oil money, which even on a good day is not enough, hence we take loans.

Sadly, we still have a lot of corrupt people so we lose even more money.

But the truth is, we do not pay enough tax. Our tax to gdp is one of the lowest in Africa.
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:05am On Jun 20, 2023
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/fg-implements-7-5-vat-on-diesel-nigerians-kick/

Buhari created 133 million poor people in 8yrs.

This clueless idiot will create 199 million extremely poor Nigerians in less than 8weeks!

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Slymonster(m): 11:07am On Jun 20, 2023
To drive car as before isn't possible. Now increase of electricity too and not like there is even 24 hr self. Sometime you still need to power your Gen too and all this cost money. The poor and middle class/ salary earners go hear am well.

My own is do we really trust this people with all this plans. Lol with subsidy they stole too and now no subsidy, it will be Terrible if they keep stealing after putting alots of people poor.
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by TruthinAction: 11:08am On Jun 20, 2023
Una never see anything. Tinubu is a tax collector. He does not have a programme to alleviate poverty. The only thing he understands is collections.
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Konjiboii: 11:09am On Jun 20, 2023
When time reach na the agbadorians go use their broom sweep this fraud out of office.una never see anything. Shebi na so one of their staunch supporter don buy solar inverter keep for house.

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by AskNgige2: 11:16am On Jun 20, 2023
adecz:

Everything Tinubu and his successors
achieved in Lagos was the taxing and
taxing of everything and everyone taxable.

That's why many companies and manufacturers left Lagos and moved to
other West African countries that had
friendlier policies to manufacturers.

I knew that Tinubu will bring same policy
on the national level by taxing everything
& everyone without giving anything back.

In less than a month, we are already suffering
this policies, right from us in urban areas
to our relations back in the villagesโ—๏ธโ—๏ธโ—๏ธ๐Ÿ˜•
๐Ÿ˜•

Most developed countries tax their people
well, but also pay their people well and
provide shelter, security and public infrastructure, everything works.

Here in Nigeria, APC tax and tax, but you
provide your security, water, roads, electricity,
transportation and everything else.

A few years back, the Minister Of Defence
lambasted villagers in Katsina and Zamfara
for being unable to confront and fight
the bandits that were terrorizing, kidnapping
and killing them in hundreds, imagineโ—๏ธโ—๏ธ Same bandits our armed forces are unable to defeat. Every official was afraid of blaming
Buhari, the Commander In Chief of the Armed forces.

The old man is confused...

He will suffer for this..

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by bionixs: 11:24am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban
Ode
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by oladipuposadeeq(m): 11:29am On Jun 20, 2023
PerfectStranger:

Is Nigeria a developed country? An average Nigerian barely feeds well, you're talking about tax.
With 30k minimum wage yet the senators are getting massive cashouts. Don't be blindfolded
I support you on this, they really want to suffocate the masses. Look at the so called student loan, to reach the domot self na war con still add 7.5% vat on diesel. They no cut salaries of senators, house of rep members and other polithiefians. On their jigalanbongo we stand ๐Ÿ™„
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:32am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban

DO the leadership of developed countries waste funds in high cost of governance and corruption?
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Wildkat02: 11:33am On Jun 20, 2023
PerfectStranger:

Donโ€™t mind that docile asshole called BigBlackPreek.... heโ€™s here to say what he was paid to say. Heโ€™s just an APC stooge
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Tonytonex(m): 11:34am On Jun 20, 2023
PerfectStranger:

don't mind that poor thinker.
What are the benefits of Nigerians compared to the developed countries?
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:36am On Jun 20, 2023
THIS TAX DRIVE BY TINUBU IS NOT NEW TO US, HE SAID IT BEFORE ELECTION NA, JUST THAT WE WERE BLIND TO SEE AND DEAF TO HEAR, HE SAID HE WILL WIDEN THE TAX WINDOW, DID'NT HE SAY SO?. LAGOS AS A STATE IS PURELY RAN ON TAX, NO WANDER LOTS OF COMPANIES RAN OUT OF LAGOS TO NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES. ALL THESER INTRODUCTION TO TAX THIS AND TAX THAT IS NOT STRANGE TO US, BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE ME EXPECTED IT.

THE NEXT THING I AM EXPECTYING HIM TO DO, IS THE RE-INTRODUCTION OF TOLLGATE IN ALL THE STATES OF THE FEDERATION. I KNOW THAT WILL SOON HAPPEN.

THIS IS A TIME IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA WHERE THE LOW INCOME EARNERS IN NIGERIA WILL REGRET BEING ON THE CADRE OF THE LOW INCOME EARNERS IN NIGERIA. THIS IS A TIME WEREBY THEY WILL LOOK FOR TEARS AND THEY WONT SEE, WELCOME TO THE RENEWED HOPE ERA.

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Wildkat02: 11:37am On Jun 20, 2023
veekid:
In just 3wks, they increased your fuel price to N500+. Then they Devalued your Naira, & signed a Bogus Student Loan that will skyrocket your School Fees. They just increased your electricity tariff as well. N1000 will only fetch you 10 units by July 1. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

I believe the APC stooges we have here like and Moh247 are buying fuel at 80 naira/ litre . And Iโ€™m also sure the VAT is not for them because they voted Tilumbu ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

E go reach everybody finally. Them go stand on mandate till their leg begin pain dem

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by IamtheTruth1(m): 11:38am On Jun 20, 2023
PerfectStranger:

You dey mind the nitwit. If u check am out now, the guy don dey trek dey go since Fuel enter 490. The nitwit does not even that Nigeria is a 3rd world country. I dislike people who choose to refuse to reason.
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by LaSenior: 11:46am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban
developed countries u said ok how many of their politicians are receiving Jumbo pay compared to Nigerian politicians
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by tnerro1(m): 11:52am On Jun 20, 2023
What has the politicians given up for the good of the country, they are still collecting their massive cash out while the poor are chocked with taxes. If the poor were getting the kind of allowances the politicians get, they will not complain of taxes
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by themanderon: 11:53am On Jun 20, 2023
When we warned the clowns that Tinubu was coming to tax them to death they thought it was a joke. They have removed the subsidy on diesel and now they have introduced a tax on it. People should also expect petrol tax in no distant future as more funds have to be made available for politicians to loot. Increment in electricity tariff will also kick of from July 1st.
As our people no wan get sense more neck pressing will come.
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 20, 2023
We are not even seeing light and you are adding tax up and down , the economy will just plummet..when people no longer have spending capacity due to low productive and zero income. Abi is it not you people that put Ex President Buhari there , abi ewo ni Iya the fe fi ma je wa ba e .. shey awa la koba yi ni.
It is when someone commit suicide that is when you will fix power in this country abi .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do You Call A Female President's Husband? / Looters' List: Stella Oduah Reacts To The Inclusion Of Her Name By Lai Mohammed / Meet Zulfat Suara - First Muslim Set To Be Elected In Tennessee US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.