Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick (25003 Views)

FG Implements Cooking Gas Imports Tax, Price Jumps By 100% / Senate Okays 7.5% VAT And 6 Other Tax Hikes / FG Implements 140 Reforms On Ease Of Doing Business – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Streetdoctor: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2023
udemzyudex:

Lol.. you're deluded sir.
OK, could come up with a better analysis/statistics on d calculation. Do u know what is called markup in business/economy?
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by arantess: 10:15am On Jun 20, 2023
Adaisback:
At this rate, are we not supposed to take to the streets in protest
Nigerians never ready

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by pendragonbladgo(m): 10:16am On Jun 20, 2023
We will pay, let Nigeria rise again....
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Eriokanmi: 10:18am On Jun 20, 2023
Go the inverter route, its that simple. Many people dont seem to realise they are wasting a huge sum of their hard-earned money by buying a diesel generator. You buy the gen at a high cost, you still keep feeding it with diesel daily, which costs a lot of money. Maintenance nko? Get an inverter with Lithium-ion batteries of your capacity and you would say bye to generator or phcn. If you have constant power supply in your region, you can always charge it with electricity and where power supply is not constant, install solar panels and charge your batteries with it. You would not have to keep running to your gen to turn it on and off each time nepa takes light, especially while watching your favourite programme on tv. This does not cost an arm and a leg people. You can have it in the office and home. You would not even notice a blink once phcn ceases their epileptic source of power supply with the inverter in place. Switching is automatic. You dont have to buy locally. It will be very expensive. Go to alibaba and search. Order and ship to Nigeria by yourself via sea. Air shipment is expensive. Do this and you would thank me later.

4 Likes

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by faithfull18(f): 10:19am On Jun 20, 2023
Hmmn! Let's hope this doesn't increase data price.
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by nedekid: 10:19am On Jun 20, 2023
arantess:

A friend in NDDC spends 50k weekly already
If not for the plenty allowances and stuff Baba for don park motor since
Me de use 45-50k twice weekly. Ie 100k per week on one car. No be 400k in a month be that?
I never talk of madam moto. Her office no too far so she uses 50k weekly.
First of July, new electricity tarrif of ₦80 per KWh.
Na cruise we de for this country!
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by gfelo(m): 10:20am On Jun 20, 2023
this is exactly what they will do after four years to increase price of petrol.
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Sijo01(f): 10:20am On Jun 20, 2023
😂 😂 😂 😂
Nor be to treck enter libya remain so 😔 😔

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by thaoriginator: 10:21am On Jun 20, 2023
Tinubu, I stand on you manhood gidigbam grin

. The erection is massive cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Quebec91(m): 10:22am On Jun 20, 2023
You mumu no be small, stop comparing naija to those developed countries, they pay tax and things working but here is anything working, if tax been paid knowng fully well is gonna be looted by those theives in power so whats the point?
BigBlackPreek:
Take a look at the the developed countries, you will see that, they all pay task even as small at it is, and thats how government generates money to fund the country

You will understand later

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban

3 Likes

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Redhot0007: 10:22am On Jun 20, 2023
All the millions of dollars dished out to this or that person during the election or trillions of naira paid to this or that person as bribe during the elections, he will recover all by all means possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Jostoman: 10:23am On Jun 20, 2023
PerfectStranger:

Please cut the crap undecided

Is Nigeria a developed country? An average Nigerian barely feeds well, you're talking about tax.
With 30k minimum wage yet the senators are getting massive cashouts. Don't be blindfolded
dont mind all those Zombies.

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:24am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Take a look at the the developed countries, you will see that, they all pay task even as small at it is, and thats how government generates money to fund the country

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban
Nigeria has not reached the stage of taxing.
What we need at the moment is massive wealth creation through industrialization

Taxing has never made any country rich, go and check through history

6 Likes

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by BigBlackPreek(m): 10:24am On Jun 20, 2023
On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Angelfrost(m): 10:25am On Jun 20, 2023
PerfectStranger:

Please cut the crap undecided

Is Nigeria a developed country? An average Nigerian barely feeds well, you're talking about tax.
With 30k minimum wage yet the senators are getting massive cashouts. Don't be blindfolded

Stop replying those sycophantic idiots!

2 Likes

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Jostoman: 10:25am On Jun 20, 2023
Since the removal of their useless subsidy nigerians know how much their using to enter transport now but salary never change
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by damble: 10:27am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban
When you hear this kind talk, know exactly the person is still being fed by parents/guardians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:28am On Jun 20, 2023
Quebec91:
You mumu no be small, stop comparing naija to those developed countries, they pay tax and things working but here is anything working, if tax been paid knowng fully well is gonna be looted by those theives in power so whats the point?
Don't mind him

In developed country wealth has already been created so they can afford to tax

What Nigeria needs now is the creation of wealth and the effective distribution/spread of that wealth

His kind have the mentality that since Nigeria have a wealthy individual like Dangote then automatically Nigeria is a wealthy country

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Naijanascam: 10:28am On Jun 20, 2023
abibox02:
Let the poor breathe, don't suffocate them

Suffocate the poor don't let them breath......... I'm enjoying the whole settings like those standing on the mandate

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Lomprico2: 10:29am On Jun 20, 2023
Na only Obidients go pay am? Noooooooo!

Everybody go collet! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Lomprico2: 10:30am On Jun 20, 2023
abibox02:
Let the poor breathe, don't suffocate them

Na the opposite he mean grin
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Ddokie: 10:30am On Jun 20, 2023
Streetdoctor:
Let me break down d increment of diesel by 7.5% and electricity by 40%
Diesel is being sold at 650 on average. 7.5 ÷100 =0.075
0.075 × 650 (current price of diesel) = 48.75
What this means is that a liter of diesel has being added by 48.75
So calculate 650 + 48.75 = 698.75. That's in average
So diesel would selling at 698.75 on average

As for d electricity
40% increment ÷ 100 = 0.4 × 49.26 per unit of electricity = 19.704 increment
So therefore, 49.26 + 19.704 = 68.964 per unit starting from July 1, 2023
Nigerians should be ready for d worst of it all

You didn't remember to add that the diesel we are currently using was bought at the former official dollar rate of 430 thereabout. With the devaluation of the naira that has brought dollar to about 750, we should be expecting an increase of about 30-50% on diesel and PMS.

I just say make I call your attention to am.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by TheMostComplex1: 10:32am On Jun 20, 2023
adecz:

Everything Tinubu and his successors
achieved in Lagos was the taxing and
taxing of everything and everyone taxable.

That's why many companies and manufacturers left Lagos and moved to
other West African countries that had
friendlier policies to manufacturers.

I knew that Tinubu will bring same policy
on the national level by taxing everything
& everyone without giving anything back.

In less than a month, we are already suffering
this policies, right from us in urban areas
to our relations back in the villages❗️❗️❗️😕
😕

Most developed countries tax their people
well, but also pay their people well and
provide shelter, security and public infrastructure, everything works.

Here in Nigeria, APC tax and tax, but you
provide your security, water, roads, electricity,
transportation and everything else.

A few years back, the Minister Of Defence
lambasted villagers in Katsina and Zamfara
for being unable to confront and fight
the bandits that were terrorizing, kidnapping
and killing them in hundreds, imagine❗️❗️ Same bandits our armed forces are unable to defeat. Every official was afraid of blaming
Buhari, the Commander In Chief of the Armed forces.

Everything Tinubu and his successors
achieved in Lagos was the taxing and
taxing of everything and everyone taxable.

That's why many companies and manufacturers left Lagos and moved to
other West African countries that had
friendlier policies to manufacturers.

I knew that Tinubu will bring same policy
on the national level

You just mirrored my fears with BAT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by slowice(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2023
They Said the problem of revenue was subsidy and if they remove it there will be enough money for development... Now they ve removed it but it seem they re not stopping soon.

According to urchiins.... "may the vat on ago favor me and my family" grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Blaze14k: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban

Oh so now u know people pay tax in other countries. Bro how do you benefit from the tax you've paid to federal government. Lets not even go far.. how much have u gained from state government

3 Likes

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Lomprico2: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban

I can see your tears grin

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Reference(m): 10:35am On Jun 20, 2023
veekid:
In just 3wks, they increased your fuel price to N500+. Then they Devalued your Naira, & signed a Bogus Student Loan that will skyrocket your School Fees. They just increased your electricity tariff as well. N1000 will only fetch you 10 units by July 1. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Were you watching 'Gladiator' when you posted this.... grin
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Wettoid123: 10:36am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban

Are u in a develop place as u say is Nigeria develop most of u guys back home should wake up to reality nothing favours the masses in all this policies that hv been implemented I rest my case!

2 Likes

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Lomprico2: 10:36am On Jun 20, 2023
SmartPolician:
Agbadorians are suffering and hailing Tinubu! grin
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Wettoid123: 10:38am On Jun 20, 2023
Lomprico2:

I can see your tears grin

N I can see ur smile, the rich also cry I hate nonsense!
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by optimusprime2(m): 10:39am On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban

What is the poverty index of the so called "developed countries" you stated?

When poverty levels are extremely high, the path to Economic growth is not by taxing.

Taxing is only effective when there is national stability in commonwealth.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oke Umurhohwo Congratulates Sheriff Oborevwori Over His Electoral Win / Prince Dayo Adeyeye Dumps PDP, Says He’s Being Wooed By Five Parties / PDP Demands Joe Igbokwe’s Arrest, Prosecution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.