Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick (25035 Views)

FG Implements Cooking Gas Imports Tax, Price Jumps By 100% / Senate Okays 7.5% VAT And 6 Other Tax Hikes / FG Implements 140 Reforms On Ease Of Doing Business – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by imbless: 12:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
Agbadorism and stupidity won't let those shouting "other countries pay taxes" to know that almost all products in the Nigerian market are taxed via VAT and the VAT are paid by the consumers, what have the government use the money for, secondly can you ever compare the minimum wage of those countries to Nigeria own? What about social amenities?

What has the people benefitted from this heartless APC government?
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by wirinet(m): 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Buhari created 133 million poor people in 8yrs.

This clueless idiot will create 199 million extremely poor Nigerians in less than 8weeks!

They don't care about the poor
Nigeria runs a system called elitocrasy. Government by the elites for the elites. The elites take good care of themselves, they have perks of office like all kinds of allowances and facilities. The poor on the other hand are seen as nuisance, that does not deserve to live and survive in the same country. Imagine Buhari government that has already pauperised Nigerians, by policies that made a bag of rice N35k, bag of flour N32k, inflation rate at 16%, unemployment hitting the roof, while all through the tenure minimum wage remained at N30,000. Now president tinubu has finally come to wipe out the poor and the middle class. He is is not even thinking of increasing wages or offering any social security safety net to help help poor Nigerians. Tinubu thinks Nigeria is like Lagos where you can bill people indiscriminately in the name of increasing IGR, forgetting that Lagos is the 4th biggest economy in Africa crammed into a very little space.

Most businesses will fail as the cost of energy alone will snuff out any profit small businesses are making. Then inflation will finally bury them.

3 Likes

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by wirinet(m): 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2023
imbless:
Agbadorism and stupidity won't let those shouting "other countries pay taxes" to know that almost all products in the Nigerian market are taxed via VAT, what have the government used the money for, secondly can you ever compare the minimum wage of those countries to Nigeria own? What about social amenities?

What has the people benefitted from this heartless APC government?
Nigerian businesses already pay one of the highest taxes in the world, the problem is that the taxes enter individual pockets and not government pockets. Even the one that enters government coffers is substantial. We pay all kinds of taxes - local government, TV licence, tenement rate, stamp duty, import duties, VAT, and so many others too numerous to mention.

This is why Nigerian produced goods can never compete in the international marker, even against our African neighbours.

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by just2endowed: 12:26pm On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Take a look at the the developed countries, you will see that, they all pay task even as small at it is, and thats how government generates money to fund the country

You will understand later

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban

if u are being paid meagre 30k as minimum wage on all this increment, will you say all this?

compare our purchasing power to the developed country u stated, what is their minmum wage annualy?

You are not being objective here and stop equating other devlop countries to nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by just2endowed: 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2023
wirinet:

Nigerian businesses already pay one of the highest taxes in the world, the problem is that the taxes enter individual pockets and not government pockets. Even the one that enters government coffers is substantial. We pay all kinds of taxes - local government, TV licence, tenement rate, stamp duty, import duties, VAT, and so many others too numerous to mention.

This is why Nigerian produced goods can never compete in the international marker, even against our African neighbours.

in lagos, agbero collect tax and went straight to mc olumo and his gangs pocket.

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Solababa91(m): 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2023
Tinubu just keeps strangulating the masses with no measure to cushion the effect of these hardship. Spear me all the blah, blah blah that he's making some plans underway, why not put the horse before the cart, why put the cart before the horse.

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Freethinker87: 1:01pm On Jun 20, 2023
This is what they mean when they say Tinubu increased IGR in Lagos. Nigerians will experience first-hand what Tinubu's idea of increasing IGR is.

2 Likes

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by michoim(m): 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2023
PerfectStranger:
This Tinubu's government should kukuma strangle the poor already grin

Increase in virtually everything yet minimum wage still be 30k.
You can say that again...stealing from the poor yet claiming to be defender of the masses

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by michoim(m): 1:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
Freethinker87:
This is what they mean when they say Tinubu increased IGR in Lagos. Nigerians will experience first-hand what Tinubu's idea of increasing IGR is.
May God save the Nigerian masses from 'Cunning Tyranny'...

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by oneman2k7: 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2023
Tilupu is on a final mission to completely kill Nigerians and some imbeciles are hailing him.

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by toprealman: 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Take a look at the the developed countries, you will see that, they all pay task even as small at it is, and thats how government generates money to fund the country

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban
Developed countries own refineries, process their foods, have jobs, VAT is channelled into the economy. They operate like countries and practice true governance.

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by GetSenseNow: 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
obonujoker:
May the 7.5% VAT favour me and my family
Hahahahahahhahahsahshahahah..... Stupid Nigerian

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by mdimefields: 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2023
GetSenseNow:

Hahahahahahhahahsahshahahah..... Stupid Nigerian
When I saw that comment, I laughed out so loud. cheesy
Nigerians are funny sha cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Phraences: 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2023
You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

Unfortunately, the poor are the eggs that have to be broken for us to see a new Nigeria.

The poor should pray to their creator for strength to survive the coming days. It is well.
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Poske95(m): 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban

Countries where the taxes collected work.
The rains always exposes cities like Lagos....check the roads.
Sensible countries don't stifle the lower class for the upper.

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by blueAgent(m): 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
pman06:

You mean Tax grin

By the way, let us know when your leg begin dey pain you o, cos at this rate, i no sure say una go fit stand on anything in one year of this administration.

Within 6months the idiot go they squat on the mandate grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by OgaTheTop2: 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban

Task ko, work ni...
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Shikini: 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2023
Chai !
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Streetdoctor: 4:21pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ddokie:

You didn't remember to add that the diesel we are currently using was bought at the former official dollar rate of 430 thereabout. With the devaluation of the naira that has brought dollar to about 750, we should be expecting an increase of about 30-50% on diesel and PMS.

I just say make I call your attention to am.
Ahhhhhhhhh,dis ur comment calls for reflection of how some voted a drug baron and expect another thing
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by gare(f): 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban

Tax they will.loot very soon, payment of tax is not a problem, but are we going to see what the tax payments are done with, forget mandate election don finish

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Brushstrokes20: 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
from lifeless to druggie.....
The shithole is from #fry pan to fire! cool
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Go the inverter route, its that simple. Many people dont seem to realise they are wasting a huge sum of their hard-earned money by buying a diesel generator. You buy the gen at a high cost, you still keep feeding it with diesel daily, which costs a lot of money. Maintenance nko? Get an inverter with Lithium-ion batteries of your capacity and you would say bye to generator or phcn. If you have constant power supply in your region, you can always charge it with electricity and where power supply is not constant, install solar panels and charge your batteries with it. You would not have to keep running to your gen to turn it on and off each time nepa takes light, especially while watching your favourite programme on tv. This does not cost an arm and a leg people. You can have it in the office and home. You would not even notice a blink once phcn ceases their epileptic source of power supply with the inverter in place. Switching is automatic. You dont have to buy locally. It will be very expensive. Go to alibaba and search. Order and ship to Nigeria by yourself via sea. Air shipment is expensive. Do this and you would thank me later.
Unfortunately diesel is mostly for heavy duty and industrial usage not all those you listed. The trucks used for goods movement run with diesel. So do machines for factory work. Basically cost of producing goods and services is about to increase because VAT by its nature is to be paid by the final consumer.
I really don't understand why Tinubu is doing this. Probably thinks he should take the hard and unfavorable steps first before he runs out of political capital
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Geesaintagape: 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
Every Gang up against the poor shall scatter by fire

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Eriokanmi: 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Unfortunately diesel is mostly for heavy duty and industrial usage not all those you listed. The trucks used for goods movement run with diesel. So do machines for factory work. Basically cost of producing goods and services is about to increase because VAT by its nature is to be paid by the final consumer.
I really don't understand why Tinubu is doing this. Probably thinks he should take the hard and unfavorable steps first before he runs out of political capital
For trucks , yes but for industries, nope. With the advent of electric engine automobiles, that challenge will soon be overcome. We have a manufacturer in Germany. They're located in far away BadEms where there's no electricity. They generate their own electricity via solar. They also sell to their government as thry generate in excess. Back home in Nigeria, the moment you pass the sagamu interchange, as if you're going to ibadan, you'd see heavy industries located on both sides of the highway. They depend on solar and inverter technology. Gone are the days when factories would install heavy machines that would be consuming electricity like food. Nowadays, technology has taken over. Most of the machineries are now built on robotics which consume less energy.

Even in your home, im sure you dont have those 50w and 100w big eye bulbs anymore. Its LED cold light peppoe use now, very bright and consumes less electricity. Solar and inverter technology remain the best alternative to the overhyped electricity. I see a future where every city, state, schools will be generating their own electricity . The 2nd alternative is gas turbine technology but its capital intensive. If a state can invest in it, the ROI will be fast cos it meant for heavy users. That's what they use at the redemption camp. Since they invested in this, they've stopped burning diesel in thehr 40 units of heavy duty industrial generators.
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Johncuppa(m): 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
DEBJOCH1:
THIS TAX DRIVE BY TINUBU IS NOT NEW TO US, HE SAID IT BEFORE ELECTION NA, JUST THAT WE WERE BLIND TO SEE AND DEAF TO HEAR, HE SAID HE WILL WIDEN THE TAX WINDOW, DID'NT HE SAY SO?. LAGOS AS A STATE IS PURELY RAN ON TAX, NO WANDER LOTS OF COMPANIES RAN OUT OF LAGOS TO NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES. ALL THESER INTRODUCTION TO TAX THIS AND TAX THAT IS NOT STRANGE TO US, BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE ME EXPECTED IT.

THE NEXT THING I AM EXPECTYING HIM TO DO, IS THE RE-INTRODUCTION OF TOLLGATE IN ALL THE STATES OF THE FEDERATION. I KNOW THAT WILL SOON HAPPEN.

THIS IS A TIME IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA WHERE THE LOW INCOME EARNERS IN NIGERIA WILL REGRET BEING ON THE CADRE OF THE LOW INCOME EARNERS IN NIGERIA. THIS IS A TIME WEREBY THEY WILL LOOK FOR TEARS AND THEY WONT SEE, WELCOME TO THE RENEWED HOPE ERA.
My God.
I've been thinking about this tollgate of a thing. I thought I'm just mad thinking alone about it.
I'm a yoruba living in Lagos.
People didn't know what they voted for.
Most shouting Yoruba ronu are living outside Lagos, thinking Lagos is working because of one good policy details different from taxation.
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by OChimex: 5:35am On Jun 21, 2023
PerfectStranger:

Let him no allow them breath. In fact suffocate them, the ones who survive go get sense next time to vote wisely. Check all the places in Nigeria with more poor people, na them vote APC pass

1 Like

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by edoairways: 7:24am On Jun 21, 2023
adecz:
Everything Tinubu and his successors
achieved in Lagos was the taxing and
taxing of everything and everyone taxable.

That's why many companies and manufacturers left Lagos and moved to
other West African countries that had
friendlier policies to manufacturers.

I knew that Tinubu will bring same policy
on the national level by taxing everything
& everyone without giving anything back.

In less than a month, we are already suffering
this policies, right from us in urban areas
to our relations back in the villages❗️❗️❗️😕
😕

Most developed countries tax their people
well, but also pay their people well and
provide shelter, security and public infrastructure, everything works and there
are good welfare systems in place.

Here in Nigeria, APC tax and tax, but you
provide your security, water, roads, electricity,
transportation and everything else.

A few years back, the Minister Of Defence
lambasted villagers in Katsina and Zamfara
for being unable to confront and fight
the bandits that were terrorizing, kidnapping
and killing them in hundreds, imagine❗️❗️ Same bandits our armed forces are unable to defeat. Every official was afraid of blaming
Buhari, the Commander In Chief of the Armed forces, but preferred to blame the victims for not using dane guns, bows and arrows to face Ak47s, Machine guns and RPGs..
Unfortunately that policy had been on the pipeline before this new administration
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by ceejay80s(m): 9:29am On Jun 21, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

On your mandate I stand,

Ashiwaju Jagaban

u are a thief just like them
Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by worksmart(m): 10:51am On Jun 21, 2023
Meanwhile Tinubu votes N24bn for NAss members' accommodation angry
PerfectStranger:

Re: FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick by Tompson88: 10:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
Let the poor breeffff😂😂😂😂
abibox02:
Let the poor breathe, don't suffocate them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Leak Confidential Information, Risk Dismissal, EFCC Chair Tells Staff / Police Service Commission Retires 4 DIGs For Being Seniors To IGP Egbetokun / Top 10 States With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (statisense)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.