Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Relocation To Copenhagen Denmark, Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Relocation To Copenhagen Denmark, Advice Needed (1623 Views)

Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. / Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? / Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocation To Copenhagen Denmark, Advice Needed by IfeLuvely: 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2011
Hello fellow nairalanders, I am going to Copenhagen in January for my MSc, and I would like to know how much the cost of living is over there. Tuition fees apart, how much is rent ~ per month and how much is transportation too, plus I have a small child as well. Please what is the childcare cost over there like? And also thinking if it will be sensible to leave my baby with the grandma until i finish (i really do not wanna leave my baby behind but I don't wanna uproot him from what he is used to). Any useful advice is welcome. Thanks guys!
Re: Relocation To Copenhagen Denmark, Advice Needed by maclatunji: 11:43am On Oct 03, 2011
Take your baby with you or do your Masters in Nigeria.
Re: Relocation To Copenhagen Denmark, Advice Needed by 2mch(m): 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2011
Argggh, so i just did a pregnancy test, and there were two lines on the stick smiley this was semi planned by my fiance and I by the way. He was moving back to Nigeria, and i didn't want him to leave me in jand just like that, eventhough he has always promised no matter where he is its me n him. So now that im pregnant I kno my parents will be upset and want me to get married as soon as before i start to show, this doesnt leave a lot of time, although we have been saving up for getting married, me personally would like to have the baby before we get married, so NL what will you advice, do it my way (I.e get married after the baby) or do it my parents way (i.e get married in the next 2 -3 months) Please urgent advice needed from mature people. Thanks!!!!! kiss

What happened to this plan if you dont mind me asking. Did the guy run? undecided. You can use google for all your requests. Good luck to you.
Re: Relocation To Copenhagen Denmark, Advice Needed by IfeLuvely: 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2011
2mch thanks for asking, we got married grin. And the baby will be here soon, as tiring as it is,
Re: Relocation To Copenhagen Denmark, Advice Needed by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2011
Re: Relocation To Copenhagen Denmark, Advice Needed by 2mch(m): 7:38pm On Oct 03, 2011
IfeLuvely:

2mch thanks for asking, we got married  grin.  And the baby will be here soon, as tiring as it is,

So how come you are planning to travel for a program when your marriage is so young. Also with a small baby. for a first time mother i advise you stay where you can get a lot of help. Except if the whole family is relocating then its all good. I think its a bit too soon. But your life, your decision. Good luck, and good to hear it all worked out, as risky as it was. grin cheesy
Re: Relocation To Copenhagen Denmark, Advice Needed by IfeLuvely: 8:07pm On Oct 03, 2011
chaircover:

Awwwww wishing you a safe delivery  kiss

I hate to tell you this, but its going to be very difficult to make that trip in jan wthout your baby

When you look into that 8 week old baby's face, It wll break your heart to leave him/her behind. You may want to defer your admission until 2013 and I dont mean any of what I am saying in a bad way

@ CC thanks, no one tells you pregnancy is this hard though, I wish someone had told me this angry the only reason I don't wanna defer my admission is looking at the way things are going in europe, the tuition fees might go up dramatically. I am researching all possible ways to take the baby with me, cos thinking about leaving him or her alone is soo daunting i cry @ the thought, but then again, this is a good opportunity that i really do not want to miss.

2mch:

So how come you are planning to travel for a program when your marriage is so young. Also with a small baby. for a first time mother i advise you stay where you can get a lot of help. Except if the whole family is relocating then its all good. I think its a bit too soon. But your life, your decision. Good luck, and good to hear it all worked out, as risky as it was. grin cheesy

When I applied to the MSc, i ddnt know a baby will be on his/her way, but I'm thinking since copenhagen is not too far away from home, maybe we can still make it work, as the MSc is only a year programme n time flies,
Re: Relocation To Copenhagen Denmark, Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2011
Re: Relocation To Copenhagen Denmark, Advice Needed by maclatunji: 11:02am On Oct 04, 2011
@OP, I wish you safe delivery.

(1) (Reply)

Fastest Wedding Break-up / Birth Order Of Children. Does It Apply To You? / Discipline Or Wickedness : Child Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.