Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,891 members, 7,810,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time (30879 Views)

Abia APC Congress: Ogah To Ikechi Emenike You Are A 'Mischief Maker-in-chief' / Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi / Bamgbose: I'm Next Nigeria’s President Osinbajo, Atiku,Obi, Others Can’t Stop Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by nairalandkachy1: 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2023
A House of Representatives member, Amobi Ogah, has asked the Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate, Peter Obi, as well as other parties’ candidates, to support President Bola Tinubu.

Mr Ogah, an LP lawmaker, represents Isuikwuato/Umunneochi Federal Constituency in Abia State.

He stated this while speaking with reporters in Abuja. A video clip by Channels TV showed the lawmaker making the statement.

It appears Mr Ogah commented on Monday.

“Once you are in this politics, don’t lose hope. Don’t think that if you don’t win today, you will not win again. And once somebody has won an election, to be a good sportsman, you must give the person support,” Mr Ogah said.

Although the lawmaker did not mention any name, some believe he was specifically referring to Mr Obi, who lost his presidential bid to Mr Tinubu, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 25 February general election.

Like others, Mr Obi is currently challenging the victory of Mr Tinubu at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal in Abuja.

But Mr Ogah said Mr Tinubu deserves to be respected and supported until the court delivers judgment against his election.

“For me, like I said earlier last week, that trended all over the world when I told the people, the election has come and gone. Now it is about governance. And whoever God has given that mandate to represent the people, you must respect that institution

“And that is why I always say, whoever that is on that seat, give the person that support until either court says otherwise or God says otherwise,”
he stated.

“We must put Nigeria first. Nigeria is more important than anybody. It is more important than me. I can tell you it is only God that gives power.”

Not the first time
This is not the first time Mr Ogah would be expressing support for Mr Tinubu.

The lawmaker, on 8 June, praised Mr Tinubu for being “so intelligent” after he and other members-elect of the 10th National Assembly met with the president at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The lawmaker further pledged his support for Mr Tinubu’s administration.

“Today is my best day. Today, I’m so happy that I am an elected member seeing my president talking. In fact, I’ve never known that this man is so intelligent,” Mr Ogah had said of Mr Tinubu.

“We have agreed that we are going towards a government decision, not minding I am of the Labour Party. Now the party is not the issue. We are talking about building Nigeria” he added.

The national leadership of the LP would later kick against Mr Ogah’s comments, saying the party has a contrary view to what the lawmaker said.

“As an individual, he does not have the mandate to speak for the party and therefore cannot claim to be standing on the platform of the Labour Party to do the same, giving views that are diametrically opposed to what the Labour party stands for,” the party said in a statement by its national spokesperson, Obiorah Ifoh.

The statement, however, claimed that the lawmaker had apologised to the party for the comments.

Sanction likely?
It is not clear if the LP leadership would sanction Mr Ogah for his latest comment.

There are speculations that Mr Ogah was considering a switch to the APC, but PREMIUM TIMES could not independently verify the claim.

The lawmaker is a younger brother to a former Nigeria’s minister of state for mines and steel development and former 2023 APC governorship candidate in Abia State, Uche Ogah, although he was later sacked as the party’s candidate by court shortly before the general election.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/605624-you-can-win-next-time-lp-reps-member-asks-peter-obi-others-to-support-tinubu.html

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by Feintline: 2:52pm On Jun 20, 2023
These are the weeds in LP that will one way or the other be taken out.

The PO tsunami that swept through the nation helped so many people including those who were political failures

Amobi ogah who has been a chieftain of the APC for years successfully failing to be politically relevant nationally or in abia state , even with his brother Uche ogah as a pmb minister, suddenly won election because of the Peter obi tsunami that swept through the nation

Putting Nigeria first is ensuring we have a constitutional elected president.
Putting Nigeria is ensuring that our hard earned democracy does not die with questionable characters at the helm of affairs.
Putting Nigeria first is about ensuring that the process that produce our leaders is not destroyed and sold to the highest bidder.

Amobi ogah is a weed in the obedient movement.
You can take a dog to the river but you cannot force it to drink water.

The dirtiness and undemocratic practices of the APC which OBIDIENTS tried to remove from Amobi ogah is unremovable.

Amobi ogah has gone back to his vomit.
He does not represent the new OBIDIENT Nigeria.

317 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by yarimo(m): 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
grin grin grin

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by DevilsEqual(m): 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
Forget IQ, Emotional Intelligence and having the ability to doubt all you've believed in past/learning and relearning new things is the most difficult yet excellent thing anyone can have

This man is already a greater person that Obi, he doesn't keep unnecessary enemy and he's destined to go higher for this

138 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by sagitariusbaby(m): 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
I know this one doesn't have any business of going back to the green chamber once he is done with his single term, no serial betrayal would be given a second chance. He has been singing and dancing to the tune of Apc even before inauguration. Shame!

105 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by donbachi(m): 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
Rebel

14 Likes

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by helinues: 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
Toh

Eluup, hope you dey hear.

31 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by Aquila99: 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
Feintline:
These are the weeds in LP that will one day or the other be taken out.

Nobody is taking him away, if he performs, he stays. In my zone. We don't vote party. We reward performance.

131 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2023
Lawyers must eat!

Peter and Atiku should continue enriching lawyers, it’s their season.

A renowned SAN attending the tribunal just acquired a 6 bedroom all ensuit duplex in Dubai of recent, I knew the tribunal was paying off cos I know his financial standing few months ago.

Lawyers will give you false hopes for their own benefits. None will make heaven

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by Aquila99: 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
sagitariusbaby:
I know this one doesn't have any business of going back to the red chamber once he is done with his single term, no serial betrayal would be given a second chance. He has been singing and dancing to the tune of Apc even before inauguration. Shame!

Go comot am now. His second term is secured, provided he worked

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
Not surprise, same man Ogah was an apc chieftain till last year where he decamped to Lp and won an election with Peter Obi effect.Atleast he has shown his true colours now.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by iHateFraudsters: 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
Traitor

8 Likes

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by hisexcellency34: 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
APC mole

8 Likes

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by Starboytwo(m): 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
No next time. May God not allow us see such type of obedients politics in our landscape again.

Such divisive, hate filled, religious and ethnic bias type of politics. Such a bullying movement that don’t allow anyone have a contrary opinion or choice except 1 contestant out of 30.Kilo de , eya wahrah ni(ok composed)

May we heal from the damages done already.

No to Peter obi. Yes to Dave umahi or soludo.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by DevilsEqual(m): 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
Feintline:
These are the weeds in LP that will one day or the other be taken out.

This comment doesn't sound intelligent and I'll commit a fallacy of hasty generalization if I say that obidients aren't Bright

This your statement proves you have zero receptiveness to counter opinion and that you think whatever u Stand for is unquestionable..... That's not how smart men think

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by Honay(m): 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
True talk. Anyone who takes politics too personal should not be in that arena.
The interest of Nigeria as a whole should be above personal or tribal interest.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by GogetterMD(m): 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
This one would soon be disowned in 5,4,3,2....

6 Likes

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by ronalmagic10(m): 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
This man is trying our patience oo. obidients let's recall this man for saying the truth. Who the hell does he think he is? Let's cancel him and teach him a lesson

Even that short imp in abia that has not paid worker's salary was bold enough to openly say he won the election on his own and his victory had little to do with peter obi

We must teach them a lesson. Nzogbu nzogbu politics of our fathers is the best way

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by feedthenation(m): 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
---Mr Ogah might be one of the first LP HoR to jump to APC in due course---

8 Likes

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by meum: 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
Oga, things don’t work that way. Allow your party to seek legal redress if the party feels it was cheated during the election. Funny thing is even if all your party members told you to sheath your sword and try again next election year as your opponent is very intelligent, you would have sought legal redress if you felt cheated.

Did you just realize that Tinubu is intelligent, huh? I have always known this since his days as Lagos governor. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t make mistakes in politics/governance. The same way Tinubu is intelligent, so are some other people.

If you want to move to APC please do so. The Party & it’s Presidential candidate on whose goodwill you rode to victory insist on pursuing the case to its logical end - win or loss, so stop trying to sound politically correct.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by Showmix(m): 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
Cool

2 Likes

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by sweerychick(f): 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
lipsrsealed undecidedthis person should shut the hell up, support which person? A Sham election that was blatantly rigged in the eyes of many and forced down on Nigerians you are telling us to support? If Tinubu won free and fair we have no choice to support his government but until justice is done and things are done right to hell with the support.

9 Likes

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by Jibabs2(m): 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
Politics without bitterness

4 Likes

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by Sablexxxtoons: 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
Watering ground to cross the carpet lol

Who no like to be on the winning side

1 Like

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by princeade86(m): 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
Fake news
Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by samsard(m): 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
Aquila99:

Go comot am now. His second term is secured, provided he worked
You sound more like an APC shill at this point. He's a legislator, not a governor. A legislator that isn't loyal to his party's de facto leader/presidential candidate is no good. He can't be so good that there are no alternatives in the entire legislative constituency.

6 Likes

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by jmoore(m): 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
If you want to lick Tinubu's ass, go ahead. Stop dragging others!

9 Likes

Re: Ogah to Obi, others: Support Tinubu & Put Nigeria first, You may win next time by omoredia: 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
No way. We have no tolerance for illegality

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Killings In Nigeria: Fulani Group Asks Buhari To Listen To Obasanjo’s Advice / Why Jonathan, PDP Are Angry With Jega – Punch Reveals / Ambode, Mimiko, Fayose Meet In Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.