Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,075 members, 7,814,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes? (9788 Views)

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? / I'm Richer Than Bill Gates - Pastor Adeboye / Oprah Winfrey Opens Church, Founds Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes? by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 03, 2011
the answer is a capital No for sure. But they are the world's wealthiest people. Richard Branson, my role model ah ah doesnt give a hoot with all your religious ramblings, he sees life as it is, in Reality and he is getting richer. So why are you tithers not excessively wealthy like these guys who dont give a f@@@k?
Re: Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes? by vvguy: 12:18am On Oct 03, 2011
i!!me!!!
Re: Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes? by horny4u(f): 10:45am On Oct 03, 2011
All 3 of them pay more than tithes they give to the needy all the time whether for PR or not , they give and give and give,

10% of what one earns is for the needy and should go to them.

JC Penny , J D Rocafella were known tithers and donors to the needy.

There is no rich person that does not give its impossible to be rich and not give.

Even wicked people that are rich GIVE, undecided

Its a law like gravity, however i do not believe giving of tithe should be to the church alone, I like to take mine to the needy directly.

This is just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes? by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 03, 2011
[size=13pt]Collecting Tithes is stealing, but freewill giving to the needy is what wants from us[/size]
Re: Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes? by Joagbaje(m): 3:58am On Oct 07, 2011

. But they are the world's wealthiest people. Richard Branson, my role model ah ah doesnt give a hoot with all your religious ramblings, he sees life as it is, in Reality and he is getting richer. So why are you tithers not excessively wealthy like these guys who dont give a f@@@k?

Ask them where is Micheal jackson today,

Mark 8:36
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

But talking about wealth ,The christian of a truth is the richest person on earth.

1 Corinthians 3:21
21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

But You need only what is sufficient for your enjoyment and  assignment. The fact that we have all things doesn't mean a christian must go after everything. There are principles. The fact that you livevin a mansion doesn't mean you must sleep in all the rooms? Hope u understand.

1 Corinthians 6:12
12 Everything is permissible (allowable and lawful) for me; but not all things are helpful (good for me to do, expedient and profitable when considered with other things). Everything is lawful for me, but I will not become the slave of anything or be brought under its power.

We don't go after things for "things sake" if I want to be a politician for example , it's only as a platform to reach the political world for jesus and also a platform to enforce the will of God in my jurisdiction ,not a platform to amass wealth. A christian is supposed to be dead to "things. Money is only an instrument. Carnal people worship it.

The christian is not in a competition with the world.   We are not saying a christian must have material things than worldly people . The bible never said that. It's a fabrication by church critics. Why should we be in competition with those who are serving us. If a man get wealth and he is a sinner, the money will still find it's way to the hand of the righteous. That's the bible.

Ecclesiastes 2:26
26 For God giveth to a man that is good in his sight wisdom, and knowledge, and joy: but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God. This also is vanity and vexation of spirit.
Re: Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes? by Hutchie(m): 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2011
One of the trends I have noticed is that many people come out and attack the tithe and tithers by mocking them by asking where is there wealth etc if they have been tithing. This is the direct consequence of defiling God's name by declaring lies in His name. There are those in church today who defile God's name by declaring things He did NOT command the church to do, and tithing is one of them. I believe the Word of God, the Bible, is true and therefore the "windows of heaven blessings" spoken of in Malachi 3:10 are the truth. However this was true for ISRAEL but NOT for the CHURCH. The commandment to tithe was not given to the church but to Israel only and therefore the promises that were associated with the Law and the tithes relates only to ISRAEL. God has since made a NEW COVENANT with Israel and so they are not under that LAW anymore and neither are they required to tithe. Only those who reject God and the New Covenant would seek to return to the Old Covenant which decayed and vanished away (Heb 8:13).

Why do these lying pastors tell the church that God commands us to tithe? Is it because they have gone after the way of Balaam (2 Pet 2:15) and that they serve their own bellies (Rom 16:18)? Many of the pastors today are not much different from the pastors in ancient Israel. Indeed like the pastors of old the pastors today have become like greedy dogs (Isa 56:10-11).

21For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered. (Jer 10:21 KJV Cambridge ed).
Re: Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes? by mbaemeka(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2011
^^^^^^

rubbish!

those of us that tithe and are very wealthy the same carnal lot say we're charlatans, looting church money, eating the tithes. Then you want me to compare myself with who, who and who? Absolute rubbish!

Go and study the life of solomon, which of the three people listed above had up to half of what he had? Thats even bible days. Go and study the life of John Rockefeller. he was a committed tither and he attibuted all his wealth to it "he said God gave me wealth and he made no regrets for it". Facts say that the more he earned the more he gave to his local church as well as many other schools that he single handedly rehabilitated. Please note that he started tithing long before he became the worlds first billionaire.

infact Bill gates, oprah and Branson together are not as rich as he was by extrapolation.
Re: Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes? by dare2think: 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2011
Can someone please explain to me how God-the omnipotent- benefits from tithes.

Re: Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes? by Enigma(m): 6:29pm On Dec 15, 2011
Edited
Re: Does Bill Gates, Richard Branson And Oprah Winfrey Pay Tithes? by princeofogwa1: 8:26am On Mar 28, 2016
It is easy to pay tithes when your. Income is small

(1) (Reply)

I Really Need Help. I Am Looking For Psalm 23 But I Want It In Yourba / Jessijosh nigeria (jessica And Joshua) Youngest And Latest Couple In The World / The True And Real "Ark Of Covenant In Africa"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.