Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,165 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' (50674 Views)

Missing Titanic Sub Likely Imploded In ‘catastrophic Loss’ / Titanic Tourist Submersible Goes Missing With Search Under Way / 105 Years Later, A Letter In A Bottle Thrown From Titanic's Deck Found (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by happney65: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2023
Badassniggga:
So what they're trying to tell me is that inspite of the technological advances towards 2023, there's no tracker installed in the Titan Sub for easy tracking and geolocation in case stuff like this happens?

RIP to those men

The Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 crashed and went off the surface of the earth in 2014 and it has never been seen till date..

Nobody believed with the sort of advancement a plane carrying about 200 people can just vanish but it did happen and not on single soul has been retrieved except a wing of the plane about a year or so after. So you see now

4 Likes

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Father4all: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2023
The place wey Russia dey go and return always
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Viridis(m): 9:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
Pipefitter:
"it's like searching a football pitch with a magnifying glass" mehn! The chances of rescuing them alive is zero if that analysis is correct... Isn't there a way to calculate the circumference or priority area since they know where the dive took place, calculate the speed of the wave/hr plus lost hours to know the estimated area
You are so right about the football pitch example
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by BackFromBalablu: 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
VeryWickedMan:

God doesn't help foolish people.
Says God's own P.A ba? undecided Oga rest
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by hyperflex(m): 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2023
You see this ground wey I dey? I like am. I no wan hang for air and I no wan enter water. Lol

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Kingfragz: 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2023
Assassination
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by JOemmy(m): 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2023
History repeating itself all over again that mysterious area of the sea was supposed to be avoided.
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by CaseSensitive(m): 9:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
vastolord4:
Hope isn't lost yet.. staying positive is key! 40hrs of oxygen left is still something to work with.. there are billionaires on that submersible so it's search is gonna be on red alert

They are not looking for a goldfish in a 36 X 32 X 37 centimetre fishtank here. If you know the logistics of it, how vast the atlantic ocean is and how very tiny the craft is, then you'll know there's no slightest glimmer of hope. The sub craft originally exploring more than 2 miles beneath the surface of the ocean in pitch black. It could have sank, and if it's down at the bottom, I don't know how someone is going to be able to access it, much less bring it back up. A submarine will not go that deep and a submersible will not tow another submersible, not one that weighs 10 tonnes anyway and if found that is

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Viridis(m): 9:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
happney65:

The Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 crashed and went off the surface of the earth in 2014 and it has never been seen till date..

Nobody believed with the sort of advancement a plane carrying about 200 people can just vanish but it did happen and not on single soul has been retrieved except a wing of the plane about a year or so after. So you see now
E surprise say upon all the technologies say there is no tracker gps or similar something that can be broadcasting the location of the sub. Ok if there is none why they no tie rope to the subs from there ship

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Viridis(m): 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2023
CaseSensitive:

They are not looking for a goldfish in a 36 X 32 X 37 centimetre fishtank here. If you know the logistics of it, how vast the atlantic ocean is and how very tiny the craft is, then you'll know there's no slightest glimmer of hope.
But they are not searching the whole Atlantic
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by geezyk(m): 9:23pm On Jun 20, 2023
Sope otilo.

I smell sabotage, high profile businessmen onboard.

2 Likes

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Fiyin007: 9:23pm On Jun 20, 2023
Paying $250,000 per seat for a trip in an uncertified submersible controlled by a $30 game controller is the height of craziness. To crown it all it was sealed from the outside??. Got no RIP to waste

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by dominique(f): 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
It will take a miracle to find them in that vast ocean within that limited time.
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Viridis(m): 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2023
Fiyin007:
Paying $250,000 per seat for a trip in an uncertified submersible controlled by a $30 game controller is the height of craziness. To crown it all it was sealed from the outside??. Got no RIP to waste
It makes no difference even if it was sealed from inside you can't open the hatch under sea pressure

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by kkins25(m): 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2023
Hmm. By next year, their story will land next flix..

2 Likes

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Hassan88(m): 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2023
I pray they are found!

Never dare God!

1 Like

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Fiyin007: 9:35pm On Jun 20, 2023
Viridis:

It makes no difference even if it was sealed from inside you can't open the hatch under sea pressure

There's a difference cos if they even made it to the surface and drifted from the mother ship far into the ocean they can't save themselves till the oxygen runs out!!!
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by vastolord4(m): 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2023
CaseSensitive:

They are not looking for a goldfish in a 36 X 32 X 37 centimetre fishtank here. If you know the logistics of it, how vast the atlantic ocean is and how very tiny the craft is, then you'll know there's no slightest glimmer of hope. The sub craft originally exploring more than 2 miles beneath the surface of the ocean in pitch black. It could have sank, and if it's down at the bottom, I don't know how someone is going to be able to access it, much less bring it back up. A submarine will not go that deep and a submersible will not toe another submersible.

That's why there are expert divers.. another submersible can get its location, relay it and get tugboat already at standby.. I repeat, hope is not lost!

6 Likes

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Fiyin007: 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2023
vastolord4:

That's why there are expert divers.. another submersible can get its location, relay it and get tugboat already at standby.. I repeat, hope is not lost!

Expert divers to 12,000 feet of water

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by zumbigbo(m): 9:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
Imagine, the stress the papa is under....knowing he dragged his son there. Chai...
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Pakman: 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2023
When some men make a lot of money that can buy an entire continent, they become bored of the regular life and start venturing into things that should be left alone.

Your search for the the unknown can take your life. Those who opened and disturbed the tomb of King Tutankhamun in Egypt in the 1920's know what it feels like to disturb what should be left alone.

4 Likes

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Viridis(m): 9:41pm On Jun 20, 2023
Fiyin007:

There's a difference cos if they even made it to the surface and drifted from the mother ship far into the ocean they can't save themselves till the oxygen runs out!!!
Chai you are correct
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Viridis(m): 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2023
vastolord4:

grin grin there are certain depts that submarines can't dive beyond not to talk of divers. Go and Google sea pressure

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by wiseone28: 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
Good morning nairaland..

News that i have read already from other sites since Sunday
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Adebowalay(m): 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
Akalia:
This incident will pave the way for the creation of a technology that will aid in tracking such a vessel in cases like this in the future.
na make God no let our death be example for others to dey walk circumspectively....e loud o
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by Carlyboi(m): 9:46pm On Jun 20, 2023
Omo!this is more than dire straits for them can’t imagine how they’d be feeling right now I hope they’re able to locate and rescue them but I highly doubt they’d make it just feels like their fate are sealed.

This reminds of the Emiliano Sala situation and the tragedy that followed in his family in the wake of his demise,I still feel sad whenever I remember him. What if he didn’t get on that low budget plane with a semi-pro and rusty pilot?What if Nantes didn’t accept Cardiff’s offer. A young man that was supposed to be a beacon of hope for his family eventually and unfortunately became the end of them. The Christian Atsu case comes to mind too they mostly don’t end well. It’s mostly tragic.

Lastly, I feel anyone going on such adventure and expedition knowing how risky it is would have prepared themselves for this as things can easily go south,I mean didn’t the builder or owner of the titanic boast that even God can’t sink it but it did sink and perish not to talk of an ordinary submersible plane.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by xaggar(m): 9:48pm On Jun 20, 2023
Talk about curiosity and the cat.
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by ednut1(m): 9:48pm On Jun 20, 2023
Fowo raku
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by wiseone28: 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2023
Primusinterpares:
These white folks keeps amazing me with their innovation.

Sometimes it's as if this melanin is just hindering something in the black race
If you say now those guys are miles ahead of black..

Someone now will call you white worshipper
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by jaxxy(m): 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2023
The fact they haven't found it nor have an idea where it is gives me concern.

I expect a satellite fone or other modes of communication apart the the major ones to be available for smtn going below thousands of meters below sea level.
Re: Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' by degreatestmusti: 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2023
Pipefitter:
"it's like searching a football pitch with a magnifying glass" mehn! The chances of rescuing them alive is zero if that analysis is correct... Isn't there a way to calculate the circumference or priority area since they know where the dive took place, calculate the speed of the wave/hr plus lost hours to know the estimated area

to add to this: Picture the ocean as an enormous football pitch that stretches far beyond our line of sight, seemingly endless. Now, think of the ship as an almost insignificant grain of sand in this vast space.

The search radius i.e. the area that can be effectively explored at any given time, is akin to a magnifying glass. The magnifying glass, despite its utility, covers just a minuscule area on this massive football pitch - barely a blade of grass.

The task at hand is to scan this vast pitch, inch by painstaking inch, using the limited magnifying glass, hoping to find our elusive grain of sand. But the complexity doesn't end there. This isn't a two-dimensional search; it's three-dimensional. Just as our football pitch has depth, so too does the ocean, layer upon layer that we must also search.

The ocean's dynamism adds to the challenge. Currents shift, weather changes, visibility in water varies, and the grain of sand - the drowned ship - might not even stay in one place.

In short, searching for the drowned vessel is an incredibly daunting task. It's like trying to find a minuscule grain of sand on a huge, shifting football pitch with a tiny magnifying glass, digging layer after layer.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Royal Caribbean's Wonder Of The Seas: Inside The World's Largest Cruise Ship / BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland / Update On The Woman Deported From Germany At Midnight With Her 3 Kids (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.