Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman (2312 Views)

President Tinubu Appoints Odumosu As EFCC Chairman / EndSARS: Protesters Force Odumosu, Lagos Police Commissioner To Trek 10km / Hakeem Odumosu And Folashade Omotade Wedding (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by damilola4162(m): 9:07pm On Jun 20, 2023
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the appointment of retired Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) Hakeem Odumosu as the substantive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Newspremises reports.

The appointment however, is subject to his confirmation by the Senate.

Tinubu has suspended indefinitely the former chairman of the anti-corruption body on Wednesday, June 14.

According to a release from the presidency on, Bawa’s suspension is “to allow for proper investigation into his conduct while in office. This follows weighty allegation of abuse of office leveled against him.

“Mr Bawa has been directed to immediately hand over the affairs of his office to the Director, Operations in the commission, who will oversee the affairs of the Office of the Chairman pending the conclusion of investigation.”

Bawa was soon invited by the Department of State Services for questioning over allegations of corruption and abuse of office.

Bawa’s suspension came days after Tinubu suspended the Central Bank Governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele, from office.

Emefiele’s suspension was confirmed by Willie Bassey, the Director, Information, for the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, George Akume.

“President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has suspended the Central Bank Governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele, CFR, from office with immediate effect.

“This is sequel to the ongoing investigation of his office and the planned reforms in the financial sector of the economy.

“Mr Emefiele has been directed to immediately hand over the affairs of his office to the Deputy Governor (Operations Directorate), who will act as the Central Bank Governor pending the conclusion of investigation and the reforms.”

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/president-tinubu-appoints-former-lagos-police-commissioner-odumosu-as-chairman-of-anti-corruption-body-efcc/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by Arrewa: 9:08pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ok... Interesting

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by Absuchat(m): 9:09pm On Jun 20, 2023
shocked
Don't tell me he is Yoruba too

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by Manigie: 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
Nice.... EFCC doesn't belong to the North...
Tinubu keeps tempting me to walk away from Peter Obi.....

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by Dialpad: 9:13pm On Jun 20, 2023
Hakeem .... nice
Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by Beosten(m): 9:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by Depriest2020: 9:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
Absuchat:
shocked
We have no issues with that, as long as Buhari can do it, Tinubu too can do it. When it gets to south east, if they like they should behave like Goodluck Jonathan.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by Depriest2020: 9:19pm On Jun 20, 2023
Congratulations to Hakeem Odumosu.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by November1857(m): 9:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
Arrewa:
Ok... Interesting
I know the thing dey pain you.. grin grin grin grin

The fulani has been EFCC chairman since 1999....

We are now fully in Fulani Yoruba government grin

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by kernniejay(m): 9:23pm On Jun 20, 2023
Good one. I remember Hakeem Odumosu, he did a great job in Lagos too. Tinubu always surrounds himself with tested and trusted people. He prefers efficiency and competency rather than any yeye Federal character or Public opinion/perception.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
Absuchat:
shocked

Don't be surprised if all the post are occupied by Yoruba because Yoruba are the most competent tribe in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by Absuchat(m): 9:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Don't be surprised if all the post are occupied by Yoruba because Yoruba are the most competent tribe in Nigeria.
Ok. Same way Fulanis were the most competent during Buhari's tenure grin
Nigeria will never get better with this level of nepotism and tribalism

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by seunmsg(m): 9:29pm On Jun 20, 2023
I’m not believing this news until it is confirmed by NTA.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by WorldRichest: 9:30pm On Jun 20, 2023
Manigie:

Only Tinubu can take the type of steps he has taken so far. Even Obasanjo couldn't

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by kernniejay(m): 9:30pm On Jun 20, 2023
Absuchat:

And we all saw the best performance of the fulani administration.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by Fortruth: 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
Manigie:

Walk away nah…. Sustainable attitude is what Black people lack… easily and quick to cross carpet abi decamp…

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by helinues: 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
seunmsg:
I’m not believing this news until it is confirmed by NTA.

NTA broke the news.

NTA breaking news faster than CNN lately

grin

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by kernniejay(m): 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
A Yoruba adage goes thus "If I say na like this I go do my thing, nothing fit change am".
During Buhari's time, Miyetti Allah assumed that Nigeria belongs to the Fulanis and they wanted to claim every land in the country in the name of RUGA, thinking that Buhari will remain in power forever. They forgot that all power belongs to God and He gives whoever He will at the right time.
Anyway, those that are not happy with these appointments should wait for their turn. Yoruba lo kan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by WATCHOVER(m): 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
Absuchat:

God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by kingi777: 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2023
For once, let FCT minister be headed by a Southerner, let's check something 😉

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by yarimo(m): 9:35pm On Jun 20, 2023
Absuchat:
shocked
He is from ABIA state infact that is NNAMDI KANU uncle

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2023
Absuchat:

Bring someone from your village who is more qualified. That's all it takes.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by Lincton: 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2023
My President is releasing competent appointees back to back

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by Okwyjesus(m): 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
November1857:
I know the thing dey pain you.. grin grin grin grin

The fulani has been EFCC chairman since 1999....

We are now fully in Fulani Yoruba government grin

Tinubu is a man. Please Alex Otti should decamp to APC if Obi loses in court.

This is a man.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by osuofia2(m): 10:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
Tinubu got balls. Even obj couldn't. Let the North see how it feels to be sideline

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by Tinubucocainesn: 10:12pm On Jun 20, 2023
helinues:

NTA broke the news.

NTA breaking news faster than CNN lately

grin

Okay now can you rest from today's joblessness?
Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by nwoke37: 10:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by fk001(m): 10:23pm On Jun 20, 2023
Arrewa:
Ok... Interesting

We watching, he should just trade with caution
Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by tnerro1(m): 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2023
Yes oooooo, all the abokiis are being removed one by one, e remain the aboki heads of NNPC and it’s subsidiaries

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by seborrhic: 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2023
Right from the days of Ribadu EFCC has been headed by the North.
Buhari started this extreme nepotism, Tinubu is just trying to balance the equation,though his neglect of the SS and SE is not the best,but anything is better than abokis heading all sensitive posts.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Odumosu As EFCC Chairman by tnerro1(m): 10:32pm On Jun 20, 2023
If tinubu should replace all northerners in government positions with southerners and southerners with northerners, should anyone complain?? Go to court if you don’t like it

South 2023 is on course

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eating Bread Is Now Luxury / Ethnic Militia And The Future Of Democracy In Nigeria / Is America Ripe For A Female Or A Black President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.