Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? (17476 Views)

See This Thing I Killed In My Room That Looks Like A Snake / Man Shares Photos Of Monkey He Just Killed That Looks Like Human In PH / OMG ! This Is What It looks like In a Shopping Mall In China (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2023
Lol... I don't know about that.
ViceGovernor:

From your picture I can tell you have North/East African ancestry.
Only you carrying 3 women's beauty 😌
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2023
Exmilitant:
I didn't call myself righteous and I didn't call myself a billionaire.
Please don't strain my good relationship with God.
okay o lol
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by bionixs: 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2023
Dpsychologist:
They say good looking people are often perceived as more intelligent, honest and successful.

1. Have you ever been discriminated because of your looks?

2. Was someone who is more attractive than you favoured over you, even when you know deep down that you are better?

3. Do you think lookism (discrimination based on looks) exists?

Will love to see your comments. I need to carry out a survey.
stopped from voting and sent back because according to them , my wife and I looked well polished like omo Ibos and not like Yorubas

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2023
Dpsychologist:
They say good looking people are often perceived as more intelligent, honest and successful.

2. Was someone who is more attractive than you favoured over you, even when you know deep down that you are better?

Lol. This is funny. Unless it's a female recruiter looking for attention.

Or bankers looking for female marketers.

Or airlines like Emirates that hire only young beautiful hostesses. If you're not a pretty twentish lady, I don't think Emirates will hire you.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Exmilitant(m): 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
okay o lol
It was fun chatting with you. I have to go into the kitchen now.
I will be back online in two hours.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Loyalty1: 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2023
Exmilitant:
I do body-shamed and discriminate people alot, right from my primary school days.

Wayo eye, k-leg, big head, bow leg, bald head, flat nyash, big nyash, fat man/woman, black skinned, albino, big teeth, long man, short man, blind man/woman, stammerer, those who can't read, those who makes mistakes while talking, those who can't speak proper English and many more.
On Sunday afternoon I was visiting my friend, as I was about to drive into his street this pretty fat girl was walking by so I slowed, and said hello, she turned and I shouted, fat giiirl. grin grin grin grin grin grin.
We all should be perfect. Shouldn't we undecided
Are you mentally derail?
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Exmilitant(m): 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2023
Loyalty1:

Are you mentally derail?
derailed. Put your grammar right bro. You are in public.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:19pm On Jun 22, 2023
Exmilitant:
It was fun chatting with you. I have to go into the kitchen now.
I will be back online in two hours.
okay cook nice food o
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Khafsun: 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2023
[sup][/sup]
GreatVocalist:

Oh yeah, I know.

The part where he said "ugly" women should do something about their looks is where I strongly disagree.

Oh OK then. I must have misunderstood you
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Styluss: 4:25pm On Jun 22, 2023
Yes, I was tall and slim, I almost enter depression, now I am glad I am tall, cos Im 6.2 feet.
Dpsychologist:

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by 9jentertainment: 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2023
I NEED INVESTORS

I am an event planner.
I'm organizing a musical concert this ileya (Muslim festival) which will features musicians and DJ's to entertain the crowd till dawn. I've already booked the master of ceremony (MC) , police presence, six A-List musicians, 3 popular DJ's and 5 comedians alongside 5upcoming artiste to grace the show.there will be game shows and quiz competitions and prizes for winners/participants but my problem is hiring extra security hands, advertising and getting the space for the event.i've been billed #800k by a radio firm and a printing firm to advertise the event date, security firm charges #500k and event facility space #1.5m to accommodate an average of #10,000 crowds.. everything has been sorted except the extra security, advert and space.

I intend to recoup my investment from ticket entrance fees,
vip tables sales and food /drink vendors bookings.

Investors shall get atleast above 250% of their investment which will be paid within 48hours after the show.

To work with me, Call or WhatsApp 08162504225.

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by annayawchee: 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2023
My guy said he there are paroles he won't go with me and I asked why??

He said because I will be the center of attraction and he won't be seen..

Osim cos I'm fair and handsome..

I Sha look the mumu Waka comot.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Kemadealadire(f): 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
🤔
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by CartelKenneth: 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2023
Kevineleven:
The problem that i'm facing right now is that I look rich but broke, now everyone in my environ hates me because they believe that i am stingy, even to myself.
Can't a man be good-looking and be broke?

If he Inherited the good looks then,yes
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by tiswell(m): 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2023
goldstar25:

guy I don't need your approval on my looks. only people with low self esteem seek approval from other people. think what you want, you are not important
gals that talks this way are usually fugly and reeks of esteem issues
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by CartelKenneth: 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2023
Exceed15:
When a person agrees his look is a disadvantage so be it. It starts from you. I have known a friend over the years and it hardly occur to me he limps. He is energetic, confident, social to an extent and dresses well

I also have a friend with one eye and have have never seen it as a disfigure on him because of his positive approach to life. He talks intelligently and smile a lot. I have an albino female friend. I see her as a normal person because she is always happy. In a nut Shell , it begins of how the person feels about his/herself.

that’s how you see them because you know them personally but to other people who don’t know them they are freaks

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by goldstar25(f): 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2023
tiswell:
gals that talks this way are usually fugly and reeks of esteem issues
thank you sir
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by eepeepook: 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2023
Humans will always judge others via physical features. You would not have opened this thread if you consulted Quora or Reddit — more superior sources of knowledge, first.

It’s no different from asking users here to not have opinions about what they read, an impossible task.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Dpsychologist: 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
Styluss:
Yes, I was tall and slim, I almost enter depression, now I am glad I am tall, cos Im 6.2 feet.
Bulking up will be good for you.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by callmevirus(m): 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2023
Samantha124:
No, I've never been discriminated before, but each time I go to the salon I get questions like "are you a coloured? Do you have a mixed or a white family background? How sure are you that you don't have a white ancestry?"

All these questions can be really tiring sometimes because I always have to explain myself.

I've got a 4A hair texture and sometimes people question it because I'm also fair in complexion.

I've been told that I look like an Ethiopian, one girl back in high school once told me of how I looked like those illegal Pakistani migrants here in SA.

Please Sam I need a cool coloured girl, my love for mo coloured no be here,
I lost my dearest coloured girl in 2021
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by MONEY247: 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2023
Samantha124:
It's cold.

We're currently in the winter season.
Cool...
Have a great time,
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Styluss: 6:17pm On Jun 22, 2023
Not a fan, just chubby and fit, not built.
Dpsychologist:

Bulking up will be good for you.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by jackaustin631: 6:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
Discrimination based on looks, often referred to as lookism, is a real phenomenon that many people experience. It can manifest in various forms, such as bias in employment, social situations, or personal relationships. People may face unfair treatment or judgment due to their physical appearance, which can impact their opportunities and experiences.

It is possible for individuals who are perceived as more attractive to receive preferential treatment in certain situations, even if someone else may be more qualified or capable. This bias, often referred to as the "halo effect," occurs when positive attributes associated with physical attractiveness influence perceptions of other qualities like intelligence, competence, or trustworthiness. However, it is important to note that attractiveness is subjective and can vary across individuals and cultures.

Lookism as a form of discrimination is a topic of ongoing debate and discussion on "real estate". While some argue that physical appearance should not play a role in how individuals are treated or evaluated, others believe that attractiveness can have real-world advantages and disadvantages. Societal beauty standards and media influence can contribute to the perpetuation of lookism.

Conducting a survey on this topic can provide valuable insights into people's experiences and perceptions of lookism. It is important to design the survey carefully, ensuring the questions are clear and unbiased, and to obtain a diverse range of responses to capture a broader understanding of the issue.

Remember to consider ethical considerations such as informed consent, confidentiality, and the well-being of survey participants when conducting research.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Eagba(m): 6:37pm On Jun 22, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

Never ever,,,,, rather I get worshipped for my looks kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
what looks?
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
Then start searching for one.
callmevirus:

Please Sam I need a cool coloured girl, my love for mo coloured no be here,
I lost my dearest coloured girl in 2021
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by CartelKenneth: 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2023
Exmilitant:
I took the time to firstly, draw close to God, clean up my life, and improve my finances.
Next step now is marriage.

Two steps forward one step backwards
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 7:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
Dpsychologist:

1) No

2) No

3) Yes, it does exist.

I hope this helps with your survey.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Exmilitant(m): 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2023
CartelKenneth:

Two steps forward one step backwards
Already I am marching forward.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by mzansiboy(m): 7:44pm On Jun 22, 2023
descarado:

So having a straight hair equals European?
Mbok.

Go and do dna ancestry.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by mzansiboy(m): 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
descarado:

So having a straight hair equals European?
Mbok.

Go and do dna ancestry.

I don't need to, I know who I am.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by kennyhanz(m): 7:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
[quote author=Dpsychologist post=123931343]
Yea, I get you.

Though in showbiz it can affect both gender.[/quote
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Maj196(m): 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2023
Being good looking have it's perks yes but fcking stressful. Girls no dey allow fine boys rest cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Your Greatest Fear? / Create A Yahoo Mail Account From Your Mobile Phone Free / Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.