Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? (13890 Views)

When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / My Wife Can’t Say No (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by theophorus(m): 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
You cannot make your Wife treat your Mother well. It begins and ends with Her.

Unfortunately, Wife of these days you cannot change their mindset. They only do what they choose to do.

The Good thing however is that their DIL will do to them what they did to their MIL.

Well, You can also Treat her mother the way She treats Yours.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by olisefom: 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
It's a difficult one. If it were to be a girlfriend, I would advise you don't go ahead, but she's a wife already...its one of the situations a man should not wish for.

SOME women are funny, whatever is not theirs dies.
Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by GistFullGround: 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
If you can stand her own mother & she cannot stand yours, then you have to be real man and do the needful!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by Praktikals(m): 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
Mindlog:

Then stick to your mama and don't go entangle yourself with "one stranger".
He will get a reasonable wife who will take his mum as hers

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by Fiscus105(m): 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM

Don't u do courtship?

If it's wife doing gragra, it's husband that would cut her wings.

If it's mother interfering more than normal, it's job of husband to cut her excessive.

If it's wife's mother going gaga, it's the job of wife reduce it.

Meanwhile, if it's husband, father in law, mother in law or any of his older siblings.

Everyone has his or her job descriptionscription in marriage.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by Dshocker(m): 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM

So you plan to fight your mother in-law hamachi
Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by clinician2x: 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
If I can stand her mother while she can't stand mine, I will throw her back into the streets.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by isabi2lof: 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
Why are some mother in-laws troubling their daughter in-laws

I so much love my kinda of family, nobody interfares into anybody relationship just like that , especially when they did not relate the matter to you . And everybody is at peace .

Every single day ,mother inlaw this and that ,some people are just too troublesome right from a tender age .God abeg o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by Leebeedo(m): 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2023
Well, the so called wife will pack her things and leave my house.
Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by LivingSage: 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2023
Wife and mother should know their places.
Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by DonBenny77(m): 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM
You tell your mum to go to her husband's house and be bossy....

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by randymirrors(f): 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2023
Rubyjade:
Limit the exposure to the mother. This is especially the case when the mother is trying to make the husband choose between the wife and the mother and/or is causing problems with the children. The person related to the parent is the one who has to deal with the problems. In this case, the husband is related to the mother so it is his job to manage the problem. He should not expect the wife to manage it.

Topaz, Beryl, Onyx...lol.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by AntiWailer: 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2023
It is because you are a nuttier

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by GboyegaD(m): 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
Boys and Girls should stop getting married. If both parties can't take one another as 1st priority, then remain single.

In this case, the husband should address the cause of the disagreement. If he knows what triggers either party, he should find ways to ensure that doesn't come up. If mama comes visiting, she should play by the rules of their home and when they go visiting mama, they should play by her rules.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by Delightsome2023: 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
Mindlog:

Reason I said stick to your mama, so you won't be faced with donating her for killing!
I've been coming across most of your comments.
You reason like an uneducated pig from the village.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by cooooooks(m): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2023
Are you married to your mother?

First choose a wife, a partner of good repute, with a good head.

Then leave your mother and cleave to your wife.

Your spouse is the most important person in your life. Even more important than the children you two will produce.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by phemmyfour: 2:08pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM
You should shield your mother from her.

The less interaction between them, the less likely there is going to be any confrontation

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by Streetdoctor: 2:09pm On Jun 21, 2023
talented321:
If i never had problem with her parents why will she have problem with my parents.
Beside if my mother is the one worrying her, then my wife has to tell me because i know how to handle the issue, the one reason she will have the guts to retaliate back is when i am not playing my role as a husband to maintain peace. I don't think any woman born by a woman will stress my own mother in my own house, mama comes first not one stranger.
Don't mind all these weakling parading themselves as men. How can ur wife dislike ur mother?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by Streetdoctor: 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2023
Mindlog:

Then stick to your mama and don't go entangle yourself with "one stranger".
Ladies will always support evil, no wonder eve went to meet serpent all d name of trying to be d head and Adam being stupid enough to eat what not ought to eat.
Wife will expect husband to welcome and cherish her family but won't return same affection. Dis cursed gender self

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by Streetdoctor: 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2023
talented321:
Mumu, then go and donate your mother let your wife or husband go and kill her.
Na d cursed gender u dey reply so. Gender that bleeds for days without dying

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by Streetdoctor: 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
Mindlog:

Reason I said stick to your mama, so you won't be faced with donating her for killing!
Then, d wife should equally stick to her family too,
Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by izonborn098(m): 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
Sir, why are you wasting your time that fish brain. Thanks for ignoring that fool.
talented321:
I believe that psychiatric patient is you, since you have mental problem i don't think you will get the message. But no matter the matter men will always Bleep una, add pregnancy join. And i don't think i will still waste my time with a mental person.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by Mindlog: 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
Praktikals:

He will get a reasonable wife who will take his mum as hers

He doesn't desire a wife, he already has a "stranger" he is breeding, who already has children for him.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by izonborn098(m): 2:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
No ogbanje is allowed to disturb my mother. When i am living with your mother in peace

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by Mindlog: 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
Streetdoctor:

Na d cursed gender u dey reply so. Gender that bleeds for days without dying

And you are not embarrassed that you popped out into this world through the process of that bleeding for days and your fatherhood is/will be tied to that bleeding for days, except you have decided to be child-free. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by OvertheTop(m): 2:20pm On Jun 21, 2023
cooooooks:
Are you married to your mother?

First choose a wife, a partner of good repute, with a good head.

Then leave your mother and cleave to your wife.

Your spouse is the most important person in your life. Even more important than the children you two will produce.

So What Happens IF You Are Served BREAKFAST by Your Spouse?
You become an island

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by izonborn098(m): 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
Fish brain, you can't understand small explaination
Mindlog:

Na person whey dey depersonalized , na im dey comfortable with impregnating a stranger, pikins come be 23 chromosomes of you and 23 chromosomes of the stranger, then you con allow the stranger to take care of those vulnerable children.....na you be the mental person. cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by okomile(f): 2:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
And the mother insults the wife nko?

Anyways, mine insulted me and she is on my black book.

I dont tolerate rubbish
Hubby takes her side.
Who cares?

grin grin

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hamachi:
From DM
If the wife cannot stand the mother it is the husband’s job to run interference. If the mother is causing problems, interfering with the relationship, and otherwise providing serious reasons for the wife to dislike the mother
if you are clearly aware of the source of the problem why not directly tackle it than pretend you can create issues elsewhere to make it somehow go away? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by Okortor: 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2023
It's the husband's duty to stop his mother and ensure she doesn't frustrate his wife hence forth
Re: How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? by OvertheTop(m): 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2023
Mindlog:

He doesn't desire a wife, he already has a "stranger" he is breeding, who already has children for him.

You want to be chosen over your MIL....
But I'm Sure You will Want your Blood brother to Choose your Mum Over his Wife.
you will even be Ready to wage war with your Brother's wife if she disrespected your mum

Selfish interest! Well, you Can't eat your Cake and Have it!
what you do unto others you will get too...

i see your point clearly

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? / Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple / How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.