Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,039 members, 7,814,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother (13827 Views)

How Do I Deal With An Emotionally Cheating Husband / How Do I Deal With This Issues Between My Wife And I? / My Stepmother Poured Hot Water On My Baby! I'm So Angry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by UYEMDO35(m): 6:50pm On Jan 01
Why does my stepmother keep ruining my life, manipulating the people around me, and keep doing things that hurt me and my siblings?
Life has been so unbearable ever since she came into our house.....
She constantly seek to destroy the good relationship that I have with my father and When she notice that am not around she start condemning me infront of my father and pretend to be nice when she sees me.
And dis woman already have 2 children that are upto my age but she doesn't talk much about dem but instead prefer to gossip us to my father..... My father on d other side is not even responsible as a man but instead prefer to sit with her and download all our past life to her in which she now later use it against I and my siblings.
My experience with dis so call people call family wasn't a child's play. They made my life look miserable for me
after graduating from school so i decided to come home to stay with dem pending till when my results will be out but instead dis people use my eyes see shege. My unknown step mother wan suffer me with food and I nearly die of hunger.
I just couldn't tolerate their attitude anymore so I decided to purchase Army form when it came out online.
And God saw me through the screening process and I made it to the final list in which we will be going for training soon.

Once everything goes well for me I intent to ghost dem cuz dis was never my plan to join the military.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by Ireportlive: 6:54pm On Jan 01
cool

In my journey through life one thing I learnt is how to be self sufficient and self reliant even if it means limiting my expenses

Second lesson, nobody is above reprimand and scolding

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by CameroonPepper: 6:58pm On Jan 01
OP Bleep her and she will stop.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by Jeon(f): 7:00pm On Jan 01
Minding my business, but just follow ur mind.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by Aboks(m): 7:02pm On Jan 01
wahala

military life ain't easy bro

what u get is not wat u expect

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by UYEMDO35(m): 7:03pm On Jan 01
Ireportlive:
cool

In my journey through life one thing I learnt is how to be self sufficient and self reliant even if it means limiting my expenses

Second lesson, nobody is above reprimand and scolding

You said nobody is above scolding I agree with you on that but it should be done moderately not at the expense of neglecting my feelings and present stage in life.
Am 27yrs old no be small piking I be.

14 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by Aboks(m): 7:06pm On Jan 01
CameroonPepper:

na so dem dey fvck, she is giving him hell , u dey talk of fvck

no be if she open leg for am

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by CameroonPepper: 7:25pm On Jan 01
Aboks:

na so dem dey fvck, she is giving him hell , u dey talk of fvck

no be if she open leg for am

Next hell she starts, just let her enter and meet your preek dangling. Her voice will go down.

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by Aboks(m): 7:35pm On Jan 01
CameroonPepper:

Next hell just let her enter and meet your preek dangling. Her voice will go down.

no be me o na op

14 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by ahnie: 7:37pm On Jan 01
They gave you guys 2:weeks break which I believe is gonna end tomorrow ot next.

Hope you used the break to hustle hard for money.

Your next travelling will be Kano state,my dear I would advice you to engage in lots of prayers.

Whilst you'll be there,a background info is Gon be conducted on the schools you attended,and your kinsmen
I sincerely pray it turns out a success for you.
UYEMDO35:
Why does my stepmother keep ruining my life, manipulating the people around me, and keep doing things that hurt me and my siblings?
She constantly seek to destroy the good relationship that I have with my father and When she notice that am not around she start condemning me infront of my father and pretend to be nice when she sees me.
And dis woman already have 2 children that are upto my age but she doesn't talk much about dem but instead prefer to gossip us to my father..... My father on d other side is not even responsible as a man but instead prefer to sit with her and download all our past life to her in which she now later use it against I and my siblings.
My experience with dis so call people call family wasn't a child's play. They made my life look miserable for me
after graduating from school so i decided to come home to stay with dem pending till when my results will be out but instead dis people use my eyes see shege. My unknown step mother wan suffer me with food and I nearly die of hunger.
I just couldn't tolerate their attitude anymore so I decided to purchase Army form when it came out online.
And God saw me through the screening process and I made it to the final list in which we will be going for training soon.

Once everything goes well for me I intent to ghost dem cuz dis was never my plan to join the military.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by UYEMDO35(m): 7:45pm On Jan 01
You're very current.
We were asked to report tomorrow

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by CameroonPepper: 7:48pm On Jan 01
Aboks:

no be me o na op

As you don chook mouth you are the new OP.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by Solofresh2: 8:03pm On Jan 01
Stay away from them and move on with your life or deal with that woman mercilessly.
Choose one

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by UYEMDO35(m): 8:17pm On Jan 01
Solofresh2:
Stay away from them and move on with your life or deal with that woman mercilessly.
Choose one
I go deal with her mercilessly...... She dey look for all means to born for my father so that she can claim entitlement.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by Solofresh2: 8:19pm On Jan 01
UYEMDO35:

I go deal with her mercilessly...... She dey look for all means to born for my father so that she can claim entitlement.
If you must deal with her then you must be tactical with it.Make she no go use am destroy your family relationship patapata oo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by UYEMDO35(m): 8:29pm On Jan 01
Solofresh2:
If you must deal with her then you must be tactical with it.Make she no go use am destroy your family relationship patapata oo
I gat your point, bro. Dis woman frustrated my life to an extent that I thought of commiting suicide cuz d truma was too much.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by Animegirl(f): 8:31pm On Jan 01
CameroonPepper:

Unintelligent man, olodo rabata tongue. Be meaningful for once and give proper advice. See the way you open mouth

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by hisexcellency34: 2:08pm On Jan 02
U
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by tojahh(m): 2:08pm On Jan 02
This one you're going to the military because of your step mother so...

No come go dey transfer aggression to other civilians o. Remember na your step mother and father make your life take the military turn no be we for younder.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by BOSSkesh(m): 2:08pm On Jan 02
A bullet to the back of the brain
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by money121(m): 2:09pm On Jan 02
Ok
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by hisexcellency34: 2:09pm On Jan 02
Keep praying for her
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by UncleKoboko: 2:09pm On Jan 02
grin
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by MrPresident1: 2:10pm On Jan 02
When you become financially independent all your problems are over

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by ruggedboych: 2:10pm On Jan 02
angry
Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by Boldideas: 2:11pm On Jan 02
Just be still and prayerful. Your father is the one to be blamed for those nonsense.

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by CaveAdullam: 2:11pm On Jan 02
The best way to treat manipulative people is to pretend you don't know their game but stay behind the scenes and counter their games.

You counter their games by mirroring their actions toward them.

Predators fear other predators. Predators only go for the weak. Ditto for manipulative people - they go for the weak and foolish. They fear those who understand their game.

With your stepmother, the best you could've done is what you've done, which is leaving the house for good.

Step-parents can't treat their stepchildren the way they will treat their kids. Stepchildren are a biological threat. I digress.

Your first allies in life - father and mother has failed you. It's then up to you to take yourself of the mess and do something good for yourself. It isn't your fault, but such is life.

Being part of the army is a cool one provided your head miss all the future headshots. Else, you just made a big mistake. But I understand. Except you gonna be an army officer.

Even in the army, you will see and experience manipulations and oppressions of the highest level, one in which your stepmother can't be qualified to compete with. Lol.

I wish you a safe end, dear friend.

Thanks.

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by IamDora(f): 2:12pm On Jan 02
UYEMDO35:

My only advice to you is, once you become a soldier, do not use your position to intimidate, harass or flex muscle on innocent Nigerians.....

Channel such energy in sambisa forest instead... Good luck ahead👍

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by tiswell(m): 2:13pm On Jan 02
Rest oga,
There has never been a pleasant case of 'steps" in family settings.

Face ya life and make the best out of it.

Stop seeking unnecessary/selective validation here

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother by Waffarianman(m): 2:13pm On Jan 02
Same thing happens everywhere you just have to move faraway from them.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? / Couple Welcome Baby Boy After 15 Years Of Marriage / Women In The Development Of Nigeria Since Pre-colonial Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.