Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,574 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou (2651 Views)

Oluremi Tinubu: We Have Tried Muslim-christian, Let Us Try This One Too / Tinubu: We Are Not Going Into Cabinet Meetings To Preach Religious Sermons / Tinubu: We Must Be Careful About Reducing Cost Of Governance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by kaydee007(m): 8:04am On Jun 21, 2023
The Labour Party (LP) and its presidential candidate, Peter Obi, on Monday alleged that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) refused to provide the documents they asked for.

Obi and the LP are petitioners in the petition marked CA/PEPC/03/2023 challenging the election of President Bola Tinubu.

Respondents are the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), President Bola Tinubu and Vice President Kashim Shettima, and the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The LP and Obi told the Presidential Election Petition Court (PEPC) that due to INEC’s failure to provide the documents demanded they would be unable to go on with their case.

Counsel to LP, Jubrin Okutepa, told the court that all the documents his client asked for from INEC were not provided.

“We are bringing this to your notice for your intervention because we have done everything humanly possible.

“This afternoon, INEC released a few IreV reports from Lagos and Gombe.

“These documents were certified since May 29. We have severally written letters detailing the documents we needed in the proof of our petition.

“We have paid for most of these documents,” he said

Okutepa also informed the court that it appears that INEC was deliberately delaying proceedings.

Council for INEC, Abubakar Mahmoud told the court that he received a letter dated May 15 from the petitioners and has not received any other letter after that.

“All the documents that the subpoenaed witnesses are tendering were provided by INEC. We never denied the petitioners any document.

I am a senior counsel and know the importance of this matter. They should stop this lamentation,” he said.

Counsel to Tinubu and Shettima, Wole Olanipakun, also promised to ensure that a meeting between senior counsels holds to address the issues raised.

The court urged them to come to a better understanding so that the proceeding could go on smoothly.

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by helinues: 8:06am On Jun 21, 2023
Withdraw from the case and stop disturbing our peace with your noise

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by abibox02: 8:06am On Jun 21, 2023
grin
Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by Danisaint112(m): 8:07am On Jun 21, 2023
Source of your news? Anyway they will never be ending the case rather the court will be urged to pressurize the APC concubine called INEC to comply.

Peter Obi ending the case is just nothing but a dream. Justice must be served and our mandate restored wether corn addicts like it or not.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:10am On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:
Withdraw from the case after been rigged out, Nigerians are waiting for the case for their mandate to be restored.You better start looking for another job instead of hoping on tinubu presidency

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by Danisaint112(m): 8:11am On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:

To you it is noise but to sensible Nigerians it is a chase for Joy.

Not everyone support criminals and criminality like you, not everyone will also see the robber of his/her assets right in front of him and not raise alarm for justice to be served.

If there is anyone/paid goon making noise here it is you who your whole life rely on this job (20 naira per comment hustle by and from APC)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by bhella10: 8:14am On Jun 21, 2023
grin You must continue sir!
Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by helinues: 8:14am On Jun 21, 2023
Danisaint112:

To you it is noise but to sensible Nigerians it is a chase for Joy.

Not everyone support criminals and criminality like you, not everyone will also see the robber of his/her assets right in front of him and not raise alarm for justice be served.

If there is anyone/paid goon making noise here it is you who your whole life rely on this job (20 naira per comment hustle by APC)

Chase of rat when antelope is there to be chased.

This Obidient group is now looking like the Shakahola cult group as their supporters have refused to reason anything logically anymore.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by helinues: 8:16am On Jun 21, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Withdraw from the case after been rigged out, Nigerians are waiting for the case for their mandate to be restored.You better start looking for another job instead of hoping on tinubu presidency

Who rigged who?

Sebi both Apc and Pdp did not have any agents in Peter Obi's polling unit in Agulu that made both Tinubu and Atiku to have received zero votes there. Let's even say they detest Tinubu, those same people voted for Atiku in 2019, not even 1 vote. Explain the abracadabra to us.

Peter Obi is the real mandate snatcher

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by ba7man(m): 8:19am On Jun 21, 2023
These LP lawyers and Obi himself are not too intelligent.

You want to challenge me in court and you're still asking me for evidence you want to use against me??

That's like going to war against me but still expecting me to supply you food.....so you'll have the energy to fight me more??

Well, the Southeast displayed this logic during the civil war and Obi is doing it again in court. I guess the people they elevate to leadership positions in that area are mentally lacking in that area.

What happened to having an evidence already in hand which contradicts whatever evidence INEC refuses to release so comparison can be made in court??

In that situation, it's the court that will request for the documentation which INEC has no choice but to obey.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by tamdun: 8:28am On Jun 21, 2023
e don clear for ya eye grin
Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by seunmsg(m): 8:32am On Jun 21, 2023
I thought they said Peter Obi has all the evidence needed to prove his case? Why are they blaming INEC for their failure to prove their case? What kind of nonsense is this?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by Ddeliverer007(m): 8:32am On Jun 21, 2023
Inec cannot defend their results anymore. 😂😂😂😂

You messed with the wrong generation.

I don’t want a rerun, declare Obi president NOW

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:36am On Jun 21, 2023
grin
Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by Nahunger(m): 8:55am On Jun 21, 2023
Chai na wa oo 🥲
Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by Minime10(f): 9:25am On Jun 21, 2023
ba7man:

You want to challenge me in court and you're still asking me for evidence you want to use against me??

That's like going to war against me but still expecting me to supply you food.....so you'll have the energy to fight me more??

Well, the Southeast displayed this logic during the civil war and Obi is doing it again in court. I guess the people they elevate to leadership positions in that area are mentally lacking in that area.

What happened to having an evidence already in hand which contradicts whatever evidence INEC refuses to release so comparison can be made in court??

In that situation, it's the court that will request for the documentation which INEC has no choice but to obey.

Court procedures are different from corn debate alright! So if you don't have knowledge of a thing is better that you keep quite than to comment trash🙄

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by GeneralPula: 9:33am On Jun 21, 2023
ba7man:

Lamba Nanu is a certified 3rd class for a reason bro..

No wonder he wasn’t able to provide any form of good governance while he was a Governor..

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by Indispensable85(m): 9:36am On Jun 21, 2023
U must finish the case oOoOO

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by Jomonix: 9:37am On Jun 21, 2023
I think he should withdraw. The odds are so high for a success case
Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by talented321: 9:49am On Jun 21, 2023
And mumu obedients said they are winning the case, una never start. You think say jagaban na anambra man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by ba7man(m): 10:06am On Jun 21, 2023
Minime10:

Court procedures are different from corn debate alright! So if you don't have knowledge of a thing is better that you keep quite than to comment trash🙄
You're talking to someone who has initiated 2 court cases and won plus fully executed the judgement with armed policemen made available all on court order so you're the one who needs to shut up and listen when people far more experienced are talking.

You people just talk to hear your own voices and never listen to learn, that's why you're online spreading stupidity.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by richie240: 10:18am On Jun 21, 2023
No o, u must go on o!.
That tin wey u loss wey u and ur headless mobs wan use burn nigeria, una must findam!

Ddeliverer007:
Inec cannot defend their results anymore. 😂😂😂😂

You messed with the wrong generation.

I don’t want a rerun, declare Obi president NOW
Bia, what are u waiting for? Are u not a 'deliverer'? Ngwa nah, goan deliver it to him nah!
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by Newton2024: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2023
What is Mahmood Yakubu hiding? The fraudster of a Prof has no shame.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by Ddeliverer007(m): 10:50am On Jun 21, 2023
richie240:
No o, u must go on o!.
That tin wey u loss wey u and ur headless mobs wan use burn nigeria, una must findam!

Bia, what are u waiting for? Are u not a 'deliverer'? Ngwa nah, goan deliver it to him nah!
cool

It’s already being delivered.
Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by NairalandGossip: 10:50am On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:
you wish. The Peter Obi i know will fight you even when he knows you are far stronger, he will keep following you about and fighting you till you get exhausted and give him what he wants.
Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by richie240: 11:02am On Jun 21, 2023
Nwokem, it depends on what 'it' is.
cool

Ddeliverer007:

It’s already being delivered.

Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by kmaster007: 11:24am On Jun 21, 2023
Jagaban more intelligent than all SE lolz
talented321:
And mumu obedients said they are winning the case, una never start. You think say jagaban na anambra man.
Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by WesternPanzer: 11:59am On Jun 21, 2023
Agbado Animals spewing fake news up and down embarassed embarassed
Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by DesChyko: 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2023
ba7man:

The thing is, like the mandate you stand for, you're so addicted to thieving away at power that you say any nonsense to justify it.

Are you aware that the Independent National Electoral Commission actually received amounts in millions to provide the documents?

Of course you're aware, but anything goes. So crass!
Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by crixlight2(m): 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Peter Obi will never be president of this Zoological garden named Nigeria
Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by yarimo(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
Labour party from day one you guys know you can't go far in court, I commend labour party lawyers for finding ways to get there share from OBI
Re: Tinubu: We Can’t Go On With This Case Because Of INEC – Peter Obi, LP Alerts Cou by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
I thought they were bragging with the 100s of boxes of evidence they have choked the courts with? They bragged that they brought so much evidence that Agbado lawyers were calling it an ambush so they don't have documents anymore? Bunch of showmakers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP / Jonathan To Reshuffle Cabinet Next Week / Patience Jonathan Goes Igbotic Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.