Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre (22125 Views)

NNPCL Pegs Ex-Depot Price At ₦479.50 Per Litre / Petrol Scarcity: NNPCL, Marketers Plan N148/litre Ex-depot Price / Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by clinician2x: 10:16am On Jun 21, 2023
ceejay80s:
we dont need NLC, we need to go to the street and destroy only govt properties, scatter this useless country, let tinubu come and shoot us like he did at lekki toll, that bastard is enriching himself and his family, we need to set this country on fire, police go arrest , dem go tire,
tell me which govt official that is feeling this heat we the masses are facing,
tinubu and and all governors go out everyday, they are paid salaries through our tax, have they ever bought fuel with their salaries,do they buy food with their money? all they do is at our expenses , yet .......
we are the fools, dem don use tribe and religion scatter all of us

Is it not too early. Lol
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by Jackiedemie(m): 10:17am On Jun 21, 2023
ceejay80s:

guy no put hope for that thing.....how much is dangote cement and dangote sugar?

The Dangote cement is cheap, affordable and available when compared with their regional contemporaries.
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by CodeTemplar: 10:17am On Jun 21, 2023
Raysleek:

You have not been reading. How did naira strengthen? Naira is now 752 to a dollar at cbn official rate. Parallel market price is now over 800 naira. Compare cbn rate of 752 to former cbn rate of 450 and tell me how the naira strengthen
This is the post that made me assume strengthening of the naira.

https://www.nairaland.com/post/123927165

There will always be a parallel market that's above the CBN recognized rate because every one isn't getting their dollars from free crude oil money. Private individuals will always claim they getting theirs above collapsed rate as long every lone cannot get it from CBN directly. The only thingmis the difference will not be as much as before.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by ipobarecriminals: 10:19am On Jun 21, 2023
grin grin are u one of those people Prof Soyinka tagged Mumu? Not everybody here live in NGR with U. Mind u,what goes up will surely cum down. Once upon a time,SIM card was sold @25k. How much is it today in NGR? Keep HOPE alive
clinician2x:

Lol are u now seeing the real criminals? Lol ode.

All the idiots way full this forum are learning bitter lessons.
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by mrvitalis(m): 10:19am On Jun 21, 2023
yaki84:

Even if they allow all Nigerians to import fuel, the price will never be below 700naira per little.

Let's be realistic and concise in this..

Unless u r going to import adulterated products into the country like what happened last yr...
Yes sure but supply would be better n Nigerians would get best price
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by clinician2x: 10:20am On Jun 21, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
grin grin are u one of those people Prof Soyinka tagged Mumu? Not everybody here live in NGR with U. Mind u,what goes up will surely cum down. Once upon a time,SIM card was sold @25k. How much is it today in NGR? Keep HOPE alive

Hehehe. Okay what goes up must surely come down.

Hahaha.

Mumu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by ThatCEO: 10:20am On Jun 21, 2023
Jackiedemie:
I think when Dangote refinery is operating at full capacity... The rate of FX on import id PMS will reduce hence the price might Reduce as well as creating both direct and indirect employment in tenth fold than direct importation

Fuel prices will only go up under Dangote. Dude feasts on d blood of d poor

1 Like

Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by ceejay80s(m): 10:22am On Jun 21, 2023
clinician2x:

Is it not too early. Lol

my guy , these people are milking us dry and they call us fools, the easist and only way to get us to hate each other is tribe and religion and we fall for it, is tinubu buying fuel?
are the governors buying fuel with their salaries?
are senators buying fuel with their salaries.....HELL NO.... but we the citizen buy with our salaries...
this country must go down and a lot of politicians ,president EX, governors etc need to die

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by ceejay80s(m): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2023
Jackiedemie:

The Dangote cement is cheap, affordable and available when compared with their regional contemporaries.
dem dey sell am 600 naira? i remember my dad built his house here in lagos in 2009 when cement was 600naira, we were waiting for dangote cement to come in and when it did ,competition change to wahala, it was 1500, later to 2k per bag , how much is it now...4500 or 5k per bag .
how many bag u go take build bungalow now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by worksmart(m): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2023
Tinubu: Fuel price hike necessary because we have no more money! Besides the cheaper prices only benefits the rich.

Also Tinubu: Votes N24Bn for accommodation of NAss members .

Also Tinubu: Signs bill for interest-free loans that most poor or working-class Nigerian student would find difficult to access.

Japa if you can ! even if it means to trek across our borders with neighbouring countries angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by ipobarecriminals: 10:23am On Jun 21, 2023
clinician2x:

Hehehe. Okay what goes up must surely come down.

Hahaha.

Mumu
u are the hopeless Mumu here lol kid.I intentional use that emoji knowing fully well that miser will wail on my mention. U fall into that trap. Prof Soyinka was right,mumu. Kip wailing
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by Agpxxx(m): 10:27am On Jun 21, 2023
we dont need NLC, we need to go to the street and destroy only govt properties, scatter this useless country, let tinubu come and shoot us like he did at lekki toll, that bastard is enriching himself and his family, we need to set this country on fire, police go arrest , dem go tire,
tinubu and and all governors go out everyday, they are paid salaries through our tax, have they ever bought fuel with their salaries,do they buy food with their money? all they do is at our expenses , yet .......
[/quote]
I guess you dont know what to say.
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by CodeTemplar: 10:27am On Jun 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Tinubunomics
wiseman, No be only me go learn. We all go learn soon.
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by Agpxxx(m): 10:29am On Jun 21, 2023
ceejay80s:

I guess you dont know what you are saying
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by sukkot: 10:29am On Jun 21, 2023
ceejay80s:
nwokem be calming down
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by Miles300: 10:32am On Jun 21, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Naira strengthens and an imported product goes up in price. How is that possible?
grin grin nothing concern economic principles with Nigeria economy
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by donmik: 10:33am On Jun 21, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

No pity for the Nigeria youths

We haven't seen anything yet

Any Nigerian youth know the true president of Nigeria
1) the four major contestants where from the three major ethnic group..atiku( hausa), tinubu(yoruba )
And obi( ibo)
So as a Nigerian youth ask yourself which region is supposed to decide without sentiments and tribalism the next president
If you can not answer this question then your education is a waste...
Of course the South South were in a good position to pick among this three contestants because no one among them is their brother
Oh yeah South south chose obi...
2) as a Nigerian youth name three or two states with alot of educated, enlightened and exposed individuals....if you can not answer that question your education as a youth is a waste
Of course the answer is obvious.....lagos and Abuja
Now check who won lagos and Abuja...obi won
So if as a Nigerian youth you can't not see this obvious truth and you are still supporting tinubu and Apc then I pity your future and you should go and collect your school fee from any tertiary institution you finish from

Sacrosanct analysis!

Unfortunately, the votes of the masses went for Obi but the incumbent Buhari govt handed power to he who promised to continue from where Buhari stopped.

So, we 're seeing the continuity of where that Buhari stopped now

1 Like

Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by viodemus: 10:34am On Jun 21, 2023
We tried to warn them of unwise Bola, aka wasteful Ahmed, and an advanced fraud.

he just got 1% for his recent appointments, from my point of view, but hasn't shown any sign of vast wisdom. which the country continuously needs. In advanced fraud matters, he seema to be second to none.
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by yaki84: 10:35am On Jun 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

Yes sure but supply would be better n Nigerians would get best price
Oga fuel dey everywhere, there is ample supply of products infact the entire country is flooded with fuel but cash no dey to buy.

I just saw fuel price index for all countries...

Fuel is sold at 1.3dolls per litre at international rate, convert it to naira that is 910naira at 700naira per dollar rate.

What we r praying for is good policies that will revalue the naira against dollar and push down the price of fuel downward...
But this too will also affect the country cos we rely on this high exchange rate to fund our domestic spending....
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by ceejay80s(m): 10:38am On Jun 21, 2023
sukkot:
nwokem be calming down
bro... e dey pain and they dont give a shit about us
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by HeLiNuEsIsAfOoL: 10:38am On Jun 21, 2023
georgeakins:

The licence should not be given to any crook who will be bringing substandard fuel into Nigeria.

Only major oil marketers should be allowed.

We don't need useless Ibo man competition.
Seun, Rule 2 and 3 broken.
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by Cantonese: 10:41am On Jun 21, 2023
fergie001:
Hope a litre doesn't get to #700 soon.

Oh it certainly will and even go above that. Just wait until stocks run out.

With the naira presently at 702 to the dollar at the official rate, expect fuel importers to adjust their prices. There were issues when the purchased naira at 461. Now aside from purchasing dollars at that rate, they also will pay all the landing charges at the ruling official rates. Expect them to sell at higher prices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by cyberguy72(m): 10:42am On Jun 21, 2023
To convert to CNG doesnt come cheap ...its btw 300k to 500k depending on if it is 4,6 or 8 cylinders
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by Tianamen1: 10:47am On Jun 21, 2023
yaki84:

Oga fuel dey everywhere, there is ample supply of products infact the entire country is flooded with fuel but cash no dey to buy.

I just saw fuel price index for all countries...

Fuel is sold at 1.3dolls per litre at international rate, convert it to naira that is 910naira at 700naira per dollar rate.

What we r praying for is good policies that will revalue the naira against dollar and push down the price of fuel downward...
But this too will also affect the country cos we rely on this high exchange rate to fund our domestic spending....

I have never considered that the government benefits from the devaluation of the currency because it provides more funds for domestic spending. There is absolutely no free lunch in economics. Tough decisions ahead.
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by Jackiedemie(m): 10:52am On Jun 21, 2023
ceejay80s:

dem dey sell am 600 naira? i remember my dad built his house here in lagos in 2009 when cement was 600naira, we were waiting for dangote cement to come in and when it did ,competition change to wahala, it was 1500, later to 2k per bag , how much is it now...4500 or 5k per bag .
how many bag u go take build bongalow now
Do you factor in other determinants of price too outside the comparison of them and now?
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by TheOldGods: 10:54am On Jun 21, 2023
nairalanda1:
At the end, petrol costs money

All that time we had subsidy, petrol was really expensive. As we were buying it cheap, somewhere debt was accumulating.

I know we are poor. I know APC has messed up this country and I don't like the tinubu government. I'm already cynical about it.

But keeping up the charade of cheap fuel has cost us too much

Either way we pay, either from our pocket or at IMF HQ .
did you hear they approved 24billion for accommodation alone for only nass?
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by SalamRushdie: 10:54am On Jun 21, 2023
nairalanda1:
At the end, petrol costs money

All that time we had subsidy, petrol was really expensive. As we were buying it cheap, somewhere debt was accumulating.

I know we are poor. I know APC has messed up this country and I don't like the tinubu government. I'm already cynical about it.

But keeping up the charade of cheap fuel has cost us too much

Either way we pay, either from our pocket or at IMF HQ .

Sharap where did you see cheap fuel in Nigeria? Petrol is Nigeria is more expensive than many USA states

1 Like

Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by SalamRushdie: 10:55am On Jun 21, 2023
TheOldGods:
did you hear they approved 24billion for accommodation alone for only nass?

Don't mind the retarded clown ....ask him why is Petro cheaper in America than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by ConfidentialDoc: 10:55am On Jun 21, 2023
cyberguy72:
To convert to CNG doesnt come cheap ...its btw 300k to 500k depending on if it is 4,6 or 8 cylinders

I don't even think a 400 HP car will retain that power after gas conversion. Torque would also drop. Car experts over to you.
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by cyberguy72(m): 10:56am On Jun 21, 2023
georgeakins:

The licence should not be given to any crook who will be bringing substandard fuel into Nigeria.

Only major oil marketers should be allowed.

We don't need useless Ibo man competition.
So they can form a fuel racketeer cabal abi?
Re: Ex-Depot Petrol Price Rises To ₦‎490 Per Litre by Crvrider: 10:57am On Jun 21, 2023
mrvitalis:
Allow anyone import fuel if they meet the set out criteria open up the business let us all compete

But no they are always afraid of competition as an Igbo man competition is key to progress

You're still talking of importation when your naira against the dollar that you will use to buy it is weak.

We will certainly miss Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amaechi Lied, No One Fired At Him – Police / Buhari Meets With Justin Welby, The Archbishop Of England (Photos) / How Dambazzau Stole And Spent NNPC Money - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.