Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies (16136 Views)

Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times / Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger / Osinbajo Meets With President Of The World Bank, David Malpass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by Styluss: 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
How about the minimum wage, is that not a factor to be consider with disposable income

festacman:
In two weeks of his presidency, all Looking increasingly like let the poor breath so I can suffocate them myself. grin
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by Ireportlive: 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2023
Tinubu knows the painful steps to take to reposition Nigeria

1 Like

Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by yewit37486: 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2023
sofeo:
Of course, they know themselves he's the real deal.

Who the hell is Obi and Atiku, their followers are just too illogical.

Who the hell are they, yet you won't let their names rest from your mouth, ehn. Why not face the topic instead of throwing cheap jabs. You guys better grow up from this behaviour and let peace reign in this new government.
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by News30: 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
Burna boy meets Kanye West in Los Angeles For The First Time (video)

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRjXBXoEHtM
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by HayB100(m): 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
sofeo:
Of course, they know themselves he's the real deal.

Who the hell is Obi and Atiku, their followers are just too illogical.
Oponu niwon 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by HayB100(m): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
SmartPolician:
Yes, those steps are commendable and bold. However, a need exists to roll out measures to cushion the harsh effects of PMS subsidy removal. I learnt the World Bank gave them funds for that. I hope they haven't looted the money as usual.

By the way, I don't agree that those steps will lower inflation. It will only worsen inflation as we will definitely see in the coming months. Get ready, people, because it's going to be a bumpy ride ahead!
Blumpy ride for you and your family alone🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by Roger3D(m): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
blamingthedevil:
David Malpass is the Immediate past president of The World Bank Group. He is a leading Wall Street economist. A known advocate of development and Growth.

He tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/DavidRMalpass/status/1671418515813814272?t=cm3TArzx4k_CTdzdLDuU2g&s=19
Anytime these group of people applaud your economic policies just know that you're harming your own people for their benefit. Nothing good for Africa can come out of the Bretton Woods institutions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by BrownSugq: 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
festacman:
In two weeks of his presidency, all President Tinubu policies have impacted on the disposable income of Nigerians: fuel subsidy removal without palliatives, increase in electricity tariffs, imposition of VAT on imported diesel when refineries not working is the fault of government, and increase in the cost higher education. All these are coming in quick succession to create funds for government to function effectively, which is not bad.i

However, NOW, we desperately need something on the 'credit' side of the family 'balance sheet'. It is time for Tinubu to roll out his policies towards cushioning the immediate effects of these policies, reviving the refineries, revitalizing the economy, creating job opportunities, and boosting entrepreneurship/SMEs, etc. Things that make many millions of people to earn income to meet needs created by reforms as well as pay tax. It's time to remember the people. We need something on the credit side. We are SUFFOCATING!

Looking increasingly like let the poor breath so I can suffocate them myself.
exactly 💯
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
Myself, I am perplexed. BAT policies are bold, audacious and unpresidented. indeed, Nigeria needs a radical like BAT. I can only say ride on Mr president. If you continue like this, Nigeria will witness what it has been yearning for.
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
lol
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by Crvrider: 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
Busy praising bad African leadership but when the influx of immigrants starts to skyrocket in their countries they will start lamenting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by HayB100(m): 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2023
Oponu obedients go say nah paid ad as usual or that nah propaganda, were gidi lawon people ye 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😜😜😜😜😜

1 Like

Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by Blaze14k: 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2023
Lol while nigerians are suffering.. who do us like this
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by SmartPolician: 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2023
HayB100:
Blumpy ride for you and your family alone🤣🤣🤣🤣

Pretend all you like, one thing is certain: From buying PMS for less than 200 to 500 per litre, everyone is feeling the heat.

I am sure you are an agbadorian and deserve no reply from a sane mind, so I won't reply you again.
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by ipobarecriminals: 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
cool OBIdafty wan SCAM us with his MAD man theory grin grin
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by jaxxy(m): 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
what economic policy is that exactly?
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by okuta007: 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
Anything to make Africans suffer more so they can force their draconian policies down our throats is commendable by the world bank

The same world financial institutions ? - do they not realize that even America has subsidies on food ? especially milk ? that’s a rich country that’s developed oo - tax refunds are given back to citizens to help them cushion the effect of paying bills at the end of the year - a country that gives Pell grants to her citizens to study first degree in school ? - Gives food stamp (nutrition allowance to the poor and needy to feed? ) PLUS unemployment benefits/ checks to ensure her unemployed citizens don’t die of starvation and lack ? Even poor citizens get subsidized cell phone bills, aka Obama phone, subsidized healthcare aka Obama Care - subsidized prescription medication and even subsidized child care in form of child tax credit / —- are all these not subsidies ?

yet the only subsidy the average nigerian enjoys from her government - they have removed it and world financial institutions are busy masturbating and having multiple orgasms praising it as a very good thing in public but in their hearts they love to see Nigeria implode

i am not saying fuel subsidy should not be removed since Nigerian government can not block the corrupt leakages in the system that makes a few corrupt individuals richer every day at the detriment of majority of Nigerians BUT without the necessary social safety net to cushion such effect of fuel subsidy removal is a recipe for disaster ….

All those useless nigerian scholars trying to look intelligent on Arise News and Channels TV news don’t even know what they are talking about - because every government everywhere on every continent in this world try to provide one or two benefits for her citizens to help them live a little better and ours was Fuel Subsidy in Nigeria

Tell Americans today to end the SNAP food stamp program or unemployment benefit and you will see the demonstrations that will envelope America instantly - you will realize End SARS is kindergarten protest when compared to it - it will be a bloody revolution

make we no dey listen to these fools called financial experts - they are setting us up for big time mess

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by richie240: 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2023
Axis313:
Every sane humans commends Tinubu for what he have done so far,only the embittered souls don't see anything good in his policies and appointments.
Even if Jagaban remove his two eyes for them to pacify their bitterness,they won't be satisfied.
It is embedded in their DNA:Bitterness.
Nwokem, u don sabi dem finish.
That 'hate' can neither be cured nor pacified!
Imposicant!

The average'obidient' MUST have an enemy! When they are in their region they fight themselves but when they find themselves in foreign lands, they -the worst of enemies- gang up to combat their hosts, but to say they won't have an 'enemy', fogerrabourit!
cool

1 Like

Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by HayB100(m): 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2023
SmartPolician:

Pretend all you like, one thing is certain: From buying PMS for less than 200 to 500 per litre, everyone is feeling the heat.

I am sure you are an agbadorian and deserve no reply from a sane mind, so I won't reply you again.
Lol, you are an insane mind, you just don't know, if nah Obi remove subsidy, e for be very good move for your eyes, una go praise am, but so far nah Tinubu remove am, nah bad move abi? Nah so you and your papa go wail for the next 8 years, as if no be even the same thing Obi dey plan to also do if he had won? Were nie 😜😜😜😜😜
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by Pickmycall: 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
This same world bank chief did not tell tinubu to reduce the jumbo salaries he and Nass members receive.

1 Like

Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
That's beautiful
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by babsthegreat: 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
Jagaban of Africa he will deliver and surprise Nigerians by God's Grace
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by ipobarecriminals: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
Baba Awka wan use Alaba market lifestyle SCAM us
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
November1857:
Another paid propaganda grin grin

A man who hired fake Bishops, can go to any length....😁

Painment!
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by GreaterFuture(m): 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
Bookmark it, we will be back in a couple of years...
Very very key bookmark

When the conversation starts, everybody usually forgets this people and their statements
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by azikiweironsi(m): 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
I thought they said he has not done anything.
They said he's been overhyped according to the obi..id..ot.
They even said Jagaban is copying from their fraud packaged empty headed messaih.
Now they can now see how he's been acknowledged from World Bank.
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by RussellRutherfo: 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
festacman:
In two weeks of his presidency, all President Tinubu policies have impacted on the disposable income of Nigerians: fuel subsidy removal without palliatives, increase in electricity tariffs, imposition of VAT on imported diesel when refineries not working is the fault of government, and increase in the cost higher education. All these are coming in quick succession to create funds for government to function effectively, which is not bad.

However, NOW, we desperately need something on the 'credit' side of the family 'balance sheet'. It is time for Tinubu to roll out his policies towards cushioning the immediate effects of these policies, increasing minimum wage, reviving the refineries, revitalizing the economy, creating job opportunities, and boosting entrepreneurship/SMEs, etc. Things that make many millions of people to earn income to meet needs created by reforms as well as pay tax. It's time to remember the people. We need something on the credit side. We are SUFFOCATING!

Looking increasingly like let the poor breath so I can suffocate them myself. grin

I won't be happy if the poor take all these sufferings, pay for all of these while the politicians and those in the ministries continue to loot these funds and continue to cry that there is no money.
Re: David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies by hush15: 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
blamingthedevil:
David Malpass is the Immediate past president of The World Bank Group. He is a leading Wall Street economist. A known advocate of development and Growth.

He tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/DavidRMalpass/status/1671418515813814272?t=cm3TArzx4k_CTdzdLDuU2g&s=19

Why former, and not current? Dem don go give former Lamba abi...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Election Most Credible In Nigeria’s History – Tinubu / Parliamentary System Of Government In Nigeria / "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.