Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa (7257 Views)

Betting Epidemic: Oche Otorkpa Charges FG To Place Cigarette Like Hazard Warning / Drug Abuse: Slaymama Poses With Bottles Of Codeine Syrup And Milk. / Dr Chinenye Otorkpa, Federal Medical Center Lokoja's First Home Grown Fellow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by discusant: 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2023
What does Nigeria expect when it swore in an octogenarian drug abuse king cum drug trafficking baron as president of Nigeria, after the 2023 presidential election was stolen by INEC for the former drug lord?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by KnowledgeIsVast(m): 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
We are really going through a lot in this country almost everyone is moving mad
Here in my hood the rate of drug intake is alarming I’ve been smoking since 1896
I sunk into depression few years ago this would have helped me a lot because I started using drugs which almost ruined me and my appearance but alhamdulilah I found myself back and I no de entertain any stress at all I no de involved myself for Wetin dem no involve me
Whatever you de do AVOID USINNG DRUGS
SMOKE CANABIS ABEG

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by forerunner022(m): 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
ochejoseph:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/nigeria-youths-appetite-for-drug-abuse-growing-dr-otorkpa/
One of the factors that's fueling youth appetite for drug abuse that the don failed or forgot to mention is a clueless government who does not invest in human capital development. Most youth want to be useful to themselves and the society but can find the enabling environment because of poverty. Massive corruption on the part of politicians. Politics of nepotism, favoritism, ethnicity and the likes. Meritocracy is slaughtered and sacrifice on the alter of paddy paddy politics and who know man politics. What happened to National Directorate for employment. I know it is practically impossible for government to absolve all the unemployed, but the should ensure legislation that ensures and guarantees an enabling environment for self-employment, else they should ready to build more psychiatrist hospitals.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by Sholaosho: 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2023
It's as a result of many factors. The country, our celebrities promoting it just to name a few. Rehab centres won't be able to contain our youth in the nearest future.
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by Akaegwu(m): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2023
Our darling daddy is is control. We have to show our skills on drug consumption and trafficking. It's our fathers turn. I love Nigeria, everything goes.
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by HEBEI: 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
shocked
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
We need more psychiatrists, psychologists and rehabs. The drug use is alarming. You think it's ordinary ẹyẹ one uses tó dó unknown gunmen?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by OmoNla99: 2:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
SAY NO TO DRUGS OOO. E GET Y.
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by OmoNla99: 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
KnowledgeIsVast:
Here in my hood the rate of drug intake is alarming I’ve been smoking since 1896
I sunk into depression few years ago this would have helped me a lot because I started using drugs which almost ruined me and my appearance but alhamdulilah I found myself back and I no de entertain any stress at all I no de involved myself for Wetin dem no involve me
SMOKE CANABIS ABEG
SAY NO TO DRUGS. EVEN WEED (CANABIS) YOU MENTIONED.
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by Jogideen: 2:27pm On Jun 21, 2023
verybadmouth:
When top Artiste like Davido, Wizkid and Naira Marley smoke freely and advocates this drugs on TV, what do you expect their followers to do?

Including Burnaboy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by Nolevel666: 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2023
mrvitalis:
Why won't it?

Struggle to go to school, lecturers are like gods, treat you like rags... Then NYSC coordinators abuse you then after that one u try to look for job no job
You decide to start business government policy is against you, access to credit not even possible

You say let you leave nigeria government would frustrate you

U succeed police becomes your no one enemy

You protest they kill you
You vote it doesn't count

What to do?

No mind the fools

Not in support of drug addicts nor peddlers
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by alamoht(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2023
[quote author=mannobi post=123942723]The sudden rise in usage of hard drugs in the country is due to the exposure to social media and the Internet. A lot of terrible things are learnt through the Internet these days.
How about the frustrations caused by the government too?

Internet has come to stay. You’re outta point sir
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by Sablexxxtoons: 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2023
Lol see the picture of this article..boys smoking ganja in front of ndlea guys
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by Love56743: 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
They can banned other drugs like codeine, Tramadol, ice, crack, etc But as for weed and Canadian loud, they shouldn't banned it..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by ObalendeCMS: 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2023
Love56743:
They can banned other drugs like codeine, Tramadol, ice, crack, etc But as for weed and Canadian loud, they shouldn't banned it..

...and close.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by Diddycsbsb: 2:39pm On Jun 21, 2023
You people should allow us to breathe

Their was a time I was in the middle of depression no one to talk to but only my father I have no choice to smok like 10 x in a day. Drug is bad drug is good but choose wisely because we have different types of highness please choose the one your head can contain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by frankoben(m): 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
Might interest you to know that some chronic and unrepentant drug users who have seemingly all adopted illicit drugs as their primary source of life sustenance have floated a group called Drug and substance abuse commission( DSAC) an umbrella body to protect all it's drug user i.e junkies members.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by mrvitalis(m): 2:41pm On Jun 21, 2023
Nolevel666:

What to do?

No mind the fools

Not in support of drug addicts nor peddlers

I rarely drink, and I even more rarely smoke but the truth is the truth

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by MrBroke(m): 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2023
The useless ones are the drug users

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by GodWrites: 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
KnowledgeIsVast:
SMOKE CANABIS ABEG

Avoid drugs but smoke cannabis? So cannabis is not a drug? That's even the worst if you ask me. Go online and see people struggling with cannabis addiction.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by Resnik(m): 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
Music industry grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by DesBenedict: 4:20pm On Jun 21, 2023
But those mfs legalize cigarette. Natural igbo wey dey heal man dem say na drugs.
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by Poske95(m): 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2023
As rampant as drug abuse is among the younger generation, that of the female folk is most alarming.
With the notion of the woke mentality that they cannot enjoy their role in the traditional sense which if well harnessed should check this problem moving into this near foreseeable future.
We cannot act like the female was never part of the society that we allow ourselves to be scammed into the thought that the 'so called freedom' of the female is the way to go.
If our women are to lead society, and indulge in drugs at the rate they do induced with all sort of excuses which is brazenly displayed, will men ever settle to have sane families......?!
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by Tonytonex(m): 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2023
It's a pity

The situation critical.

Effect of bad economy
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by Brownshoe: 5:02pm On Jun 21, 2023
Yes I Don buy cough syrup now , no be my fault I hardly sleep, anxiety too much
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by emmfizzy: 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
On colos
mannobi:
The sudden rise in usage of hard drugs in the country is due to the exposure to social media and the Internet. A lot of terrible things are learnt through the Internet these days.
How about the frustrations caused by the government too?
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by Memberclub(m): 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
OmoNla99:

SAY NO TO DRUGS. EVEN WEED (CANABIS) YOU MENTIONED.
normal weed is good.
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by emmfizzy: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
Na Emzorlyn you buy or caughlyn , better still go on colos
Brownshoe:
Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by emmfizzy: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2023
Your brain need small weeds
discusant:
What does Nigeria expect when it swore in an octogenarian drug abuse king cum drug trafficking baron as president of Nigeria, after the 2023 presidential election was stolen by INEC for the former drug lord?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa by Memberclub(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2023
Brownshoe:
carry on my g

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia State Govt. Reacts To Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Umuahia / Why Do Nigerian Girls Hardly Visit The Gym? / Bumps @ The Back Of The Neck (help Needed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.