Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,684 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) (21693 Views)

I Can Never Be Broke Again - Portable Brags (Photos, Video) / 'I Turn Down Millions For My Vagina' - Maheeda Brags / I Always Have Sex With Two Girls – Wizkid Brags On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by Drone95(m): 12:09am On Jun 22, 2023
Meanwhile all glory belongs to God grin
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by Ibrahim3307(m): 12:54am On Jun 22, 2023
Zonefree:
Butterfly calling itself bird...Dem dey find fish for soup crayfish dey raise hand undecided
hahaha crayfish or mosh room
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by ViceGovernor: 1:15am On Jun 22, 2023
I believe he is right to some extent.
Even the Bible says a living dog is better than a dead lion.
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by lamalang(m): 1:27am On Jun 22, 2023
I finally agreed portable is a Psycho
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by Burgerlomo: 2:25am On Jun 22, 2023
Zonefree:
Butterfly calling itself bird...Dem dey find fish for soup crayfish dey raise hand undecided

Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by pussyeater(m): 2:31am On Jun 22, 2023
Zonefree:
Dem dey find meat, kponmo they raise hand lol
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by Jodera: 4:10am On Jun 22, 2023
ThierryJay:

MJ might not have the highest number of musical awards or statistics, but in terms of overall musical personality and global impact, he is the greatest entertainer/artiste of all time.

In fact he is one of the greatest/ most popular names of all times as his personality transcends music.

In music, the other GOAT candidates are Frank Sinatra, Beatles, Elvis, Beyonce, Prince, Madonna and maybe Whitney. MJ trumps them all.

MJ is an era-defining personality like Caesar, Da Vinci, Newton, Edison, Ghandi, Ghengiz, Mohammed Ali etc.
Facts!!! 100%
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by Wetlands22: 6:40am On Jun 22, 2023
Na him content be all this ones
We don understand am.
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by aremubabs: 6:50am On Jun 22, 2023
Maybe he meant Suleiman Jackson.
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by LeyeWrites: 6:55am On Jun 22, 2023
blowjohn:

Oga, lyrically, mj is nowhere near Michael stipes of R.E.M or Bono or anyone I mentioned there.

I have all Mike's albums and lyrics. They are ok but not top tier.

U mentioned Nas. Even many years back, a certain CNN analyst ranked Nas the greatest Lyricist of all time( of any genre).

If u like I can quote 50 Nas lyrics that will make u sit up and start listening to even other artists.
Hope u know Nas lyrics are being studied at Harvard by professors?

I know lyrics frm bands frm the 50s, 60s, 70s, etc to this era.
I know lyrics frm artists that topped charts in UK, America, Australia etc .
Rock, hip hop,blues, soul, bluegrass, indie pop etc.

But I tell u what, no one comes close to Nas.
Am talking about poetic lyrics that will make the great Shakespeare hide his face in utter disbelief.

Like I said, it's just my opinion tho
Lyrics, there are writers.

We're talking about artists.

Ability to make songs that have impact and convey emotions people can relate to.

How many people can relate to the songs of those guys you put up there?

How many people can relate to MJ songs?

Man in the Mirror is evergreen.

Heal the world is iconic

Clearly you don't know what an artist it.

An artist merges emotions with lyrics to make a soulful song. It's becomes a song when anyone can sing it, and it evokes emotions.

These people you mentioned are great at one thing, MJ is great at everything put together.

Like NAS now, he's a Shakespeare of lyrics. And that's just to it. But as simple as the lines in Heal the world is it still beat in message anything NAS can and has put out. That's what being an artist is.

1 Like

Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by LeyeWrites: 7:03am On Jun 22, 2023
blowjohn:

Thank u. Ur assertion is a fair one.
But am inclining towards penmanship ( lyrics)
Those artists I mentioned write better than Michael. Far better.
Infact I'll rank Nas the greatest Lyricist of the last hundred years, of any music genre( CNN already crowned him that).

But if ur talking entertainment wise, I can put him in top 2 or make him the greatest.

Using metaphors don't make you a better lyricist. Neither does using triple entendres.

Simplicity is king.

How many lyrics of NAS can a layman understand?

How many lyrics of MJ can a layman understand?

That's your better artist right there. MJ.

He communicates messages and emotions with ease. MJ was pitch perfect. Hit high and low notes without autotune.

Blood on the dance floor for example. You listen, you know what's he's talking about.

Smooth Criminal. You listen, you get it.

You come to NAS, then you need a book and a pen to understand how each word connects to each other. If there are double meaning and all. That's greatness? grin grin

NAS only appeal to people who think life is about making simple things as music difficult to understand. It's not.

Now, you say MJ is top two greatest entertainer of all time.

Who's Number one then? Let's see.
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by LeyeWrites: 7:07am On Jun 22, 2023
ViceGovernor:
I believe he is right to some extent.
Even the Bible says a living dog is better than a dead lion.
Dead MJ still greater than all Artist alive

1 Like

Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by Truvelisback(m): 7:11am On Jun 22, 2023
Zonefree:
King of quotes. I hail oo. grin
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 22, 2023
blowjohn:
So someone cannot brag about how great he is as a musician again?

Mj is not even a top 30 artist of all time.

Top 3 entertainers yes.

Yeah, right. "Which makes him greater than Michael Jackson"
Why isn't he getting Grammy's ?
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 22, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
that one is normal in thier culture.
Just look at ur dirty #100 note, check the man drawn on it.
THANK ME LATER.

Damn! 😂 😆 😂
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 22, 2023
INTEGRITYA1:

That's nice. I guess you saw my name already on the Ministerials list. That's so cool.

What fucking list undecided
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by flexyrule(m): 7:17am On Jun 22, 2023
Nigeriagood:
foolish opinion
Your dad's you mean.

Well. I won't interfere in a family matter.

So goodluck with that.
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by LeyeWrites: 7:23am On Jun 22, 2023
blowjohn:

Abi.

Lyrically mike no near plenty artists and bands.

Not too 50 for me lyrically.

Entertainment wise I fit gree say na e be the greatest.

Musically, he and his crew not top 30 for me if I name bands.

But his impact was out of this world no doubt

This means you actually don't know anything about music.

Music is about chords progression, arrangements, melody and harmony.

Can you listen to Thriller and pick out by ear the chords used in them? The different chords used in Elton's Sacrifice and see the beauty in how they are arranged to make sense?

The only thing you talk about is lyrics lyrics. Anyone can come up with poetic lyrics! It doesn't make you a musician.

Now, the ability to write those lyrics on the chords, melody and harmony is what makes you a musician.

A musician is a composer, singer, songwriter, instrumentalists, director, and producer of music.

Now MJ compose songs, writes, plays only piano as an instrument, directs music but do not produce.

That's why I initially said when it comes to being a musician, folks like Prince stands tall above MJ. Prince could play 16 musical instruments at professional level. He wrote. He directed. He sang. He produced. That's a musician.

NAS doesn't do those stuffs.

To give you a perspective of who a musician is, think Fela. That's a musician.

None of the guys in your list comes close to Fela as a musician.

But as an artist most of them supercede him.

You get?
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by Truvelisback(m): 7:26am On Jun 22, 2023
Zonefree:
A Butterfly is even too beautiful to be compared to him. A housefly calling itself a Bird.
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by mayor1814: 7:48am On Jun 22, 2023
blowjohn:

Thank u. Ur assertion is a fair one.
But am inclining towards penmanship ( lyrics)
Those artists I mentioned write better than Michael. Far better.
Infact I'll rank Nas the greatest Lyricist of the last hundred years, of any music genre( CNN already crowned him that).

But if ur talking entertainment wise, I can put him in top 2 or make him the greatest.

Michael Jackson combined everything - music, entertainment, dance moves, popularity, fame, lyrical content, influence etc Anything music he's the number one in this era.

Nas is a great lyricist. I always rate him up there with Rakim. But in this era, no artist can be compared to Michael. John Lennon could have been a worthy rival if he had lived longer but right now dead or alive Michael Jackson is the best music artist of all time.

Michael Jackson is to music as Lionel Messi is to football as Muhammad Ali is to boxing as Michael Jordan is to basketball.

1 Like

Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by Nimirayz: 7:50am On Jun 22, 2023
Uncle Portable must trend!
Funny enough, it's working for him...

Afterall, in my "fatherland", 'normal' people may never trend.
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by wink2015(m): 8:07am On Jun 22, 2023
CONTROVERSIAL "Portable"

Keep Zazzuing.

Late Michael Jackson ( May his soul rest in Peace ) has done his own.

You do your own.

Let the outside world judge and rate you.

Stop setting exams for yourself and marking your scripts yourself.
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by shabalistic: 8:14am On Jun 22, 2023
Too much colos.
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by armadeo(m): 8:25am On Jun 22, 2023
Zonefree:

Dem say make animals when get horn fall out snail dey show face.

Imagine this clown. E reach to laugh sha.
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by benzion72(m): 8:54am On Jun 22, 2023
Ignorance is a disease
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by ImeAsian(m): 9:07am On Jun 22, 2023
Butterfly?
No na,Tse Tse fly abeg
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by Jman06(m): 9:08am On Jun 22, 2023
Small nyash dey shake too
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by ViceGovernor: 9:10am On Jun 22, 2023
LeyeWrites:
Dead MJ still greater than all Artist alive
Ecclesiastes 9: 5 For the living know that they shall die but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward for the memory of them is forgotten.
As long as portable is alive there is no telling whether he can surpass Mjs popularity and records

There have been many great artists who died and nobody remembered them or their records after some years... everything na time
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by maxiart2(m): 9:27am On Jun 22, 2023
Zonefree:

See finishing 😂😂
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by blueAgent(m): 9:39am On Jun 22, 2023
LeyeWrites:
Dey play.

MJ is the greatest Artist of all time.

When you speak of musician... that's another ball game

I don't support the clown portable.

But for me MJ is highly over rated.
Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by LeyeWrites: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2023
blueAgent:

I don't support the clown portable.

But for me MJ is highly over rated.
How old are you sir?

MJ existed when there's no SM and had global influence. Hundreds of millions of fans around the world.

That's whom you say is overrated?

Forever opened a global door for people of colour. He's overated.

Have a very powerful singing range, overrated?

Had a MJ dancing style, and inspired millions to adopt his styles. Even begin music (Lil-wayne). Overrated?

Same MJ created a global national anthem through Heal The world? Overated?

Thousands and millions of YouTubers are still making money today teaching MJ dancing styles. Overrated?

Tell me what you mean by overrated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Portable Brags: "Michael Jackson's Glory Isn't As Great As Mine" (Video) by LeyeWrites: 10:12am On Jun 22, 2023
ViceGovernor:

Ecclesiastes 9: 5 For the living know that they shall die but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward for the memory of them is forgotten.
As long as portable is alive there is no telling whether he can surpass Mjs popularity and records

There have been many great artists who died and nobody remembered them or their records after some years... everything na time
HE CANNOT.

Take that to the bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido Makes Forbes Most Influential African Artist For 2015 / Uche Jombo Celebrates Her Husband's Birthday / Photo:muma Gee Gets Married To Prince Eke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.