Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Are You Honest With Your Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Honest With Your Spouse? (5238 Views)

What Do You Do When Your Spouse Lies To You / The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 10:22am On Oct 03, 2011
Marriage is probably the only institution where you get a certificate before taking the course. This implies that when two individuals come together as man and wife, they do not necessarily know "everything" about each other. As the marriage advances, they begin to discover things they previously did not know about each other. For example, a man may find that his new wife is sensitive and starts to cry anytime he points-out a fault in the most polite of ways. The wife may discover that her new husband is not a 'believer' in keeping the house orderly and routinely drops his clothes and stuff all-over the place like a 5-year old.

These are just examples as the discoveries that a husband/wife may make can range from the 'tolerable' to the 'totally unacceptable.' My question is: do you communicate your displeasure or irritation about your husband/wife to him/her or do you hide such in order not to 'upset' them?

Personally, I think one should be able to tell his spouse the truth about what he/she feels about their behaviour, dressing or other actions. You should be able to tell your spouse if they have dressed badly for example- "Sweetheart, you know I love you but you look like Winnie the Pooh in that outfit".

The reason for my taking this position is this: If you hide your true feelings about your spouse's behaviour, you may end-up spilling it all the day you have a big fight. Then they will know that all along you have been lying to them about those things you are now so angrily talking about. This creates a feeling of betrayal which is very difficult to overcome and may do serious damage to your marriage in the end.

Therefore, I think you should strive at all times to be honest with your spouse when it comes to what you really think of their behaviour, it helps to build trust and love. Each party knows when the other is really happy or angry and they can sort-out their differences faster and more amicably.
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 10:23am On Oct 03, 2011
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by ronkebp(f): 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2011
Any marraige that is devoid of truth, will not last. And i believe it should start from the beginning, so many people want 'peace' that will eventually not be there in the long run, by avoiding comfronting eachother with issues/ problems and possible solutions. Marraige is not for one person but all the parties involved (father, mother and children).
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2011
^^^I agree.
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by harakiri(m): 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2011
A lot of couples are not 100% truthful to each other e.g a woman might not tell her husband that she had already slept with half the men who attended their wedding and a man might not tell his wife he has contacted STD several times from sleeping with girls of the night
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by tellwisdom: 9:44am On Oct 04, 2011
A lot of couples are not 100% truthful to each other e.g a woman might not tell her husband that she had already slept with half the men who attended their wedding and a man might not tell his wife he has contacted STD several times from sleeping with girls of the night

grin grin grin grin grin #Touching cry cry
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by Texther(m): 10:04am On Oct 04, 2011
Marriage is the only institution that u can never graduate once u enter!!!
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by stellauc(f): 10:47am On Oct 04, 2011
am 60% honest
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by deltalife(m): 10:53am On Oct 04, 2011
Texther:

Marriage is the only institution that u can never graduate once u enter!!!

That is why the Certificate is been offfered before entrance. grin
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by babaowo: 10:55am On Oct 04, 2011
its better not to marry than to be married and regreting,ppl should ask themselves question of why God don't marry
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by RickyRoss1(m): 11:41am On Oct 04, 2011
Yeah its not everything that you must tell a woman. I love my wife but I do things that she doesn't know about and that doesn't mean I don't love or trust her.
Is it wise and advisable to tell your wife that you have phucked dozens of girls in Africa, Asia, Canada, Russia, Thailand, Philippines, USA, Germany etc? Before I married I was a bad boy, i did a lot of travelings and so many things happened behind the scenes and I don't think Its wise to start telling my wife everything?

Another example is this, my wife is Ghanian, I have a property in Ghana and we are living there as tenants, my wife doesn't know the house belongs to me. My wife is very cool but I fear some of these stupid Ghana girls will spoil her mind one day and I may loose the house coz that's what Ghana girls do to Nigerian men.
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by hardbody: 11:45am On Oct 04, 2011
Ricky_Ross, Trust me, your wife will get to know about that house before the close of business today, grin
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 11:45am On Oct 04, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

Yeah its not everything that you must tell a woman. I love my wife but I do things that she doesn't know about and that doesn't mean I don't love or trust her.
Is it wise and advisable to tell your wife that you have phucked dozens of girls in Africa, Asia, Canada, Russia, Thailand, Philippines, USA, Germany etc? Before I married I was a bad boy, i did a lot of travelings and so many things happened behind the scenes and I don't think Its wise to start telling my wife everything?

Another example is this, my wife is Ghanian, I have a property in Ghana and we are living there as tenants, my wife doesn't know the house belongs to me. My wife is very cool but I fear some of these silly Ghana girls will spoil her mind one day and I may loose the house coz that's what Ghana girls do to Nigerian men.

You had better be praying that she does not visit Nairaland to see this.
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by highland(m): 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
Honest should be the basic foundation of any promising relationship, so i make an hallmark.
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Op, I swear Yes! cool cool
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 12:53pm On Oct 04, 2011
El Guapo:

@Op, I swear Yes! cool cool

Why don't I believe you?
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by legba1(m): 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2011
ur all just kidding cos you dont know the weight of this topic. am a living example of what marriage is about.its just unfortunate that some of us men who chose to be clean and plain can fall victim of wolves and dogs in the mould of daughters of eve.anyway,there is always a way out,just feel bad about the effect on my son.some women can be devilish
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
maclatunji:

Why don't I believe you?

Cos u're not used to Bumping On honest People like me! cool cool
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2011
legba1:

your all just kidding cos you dont know the weight of this topic. am a living example of what marriage is about.its just unfortunate that some of us men who chose to be clean and plain can fall victim of wolves and dogs in the mould of daughters of eve.anyway,there is always a way out,just feel bad about the effect on my son.some women can be devilish

Tell us your story brother; let us learn from your experience.

El Guapo:

Cos u're not used to Bumping On honest People like me! cool cool
Okay, I will take note of your honesty.
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2011
^ and my Care as well smiley
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by atasteve: 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2011
I am techinically honest.

A word rightly spoken is a painting of silver on plater of gold.

I patiently wait for the right time to express my views.
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2011
legba1:

your all just kidding cos you dont know the weight of this topic. am a living example of what marriage is about.its just unfortunate that some of us men who chose to be clean and plain can fall victim of wolves and dogs in the mould of daughters of eve.anyway,there is always a way out,just feel bad about the effect on my son.some women can be devilish

[size=13pt]Are all women the same or are Yoruba women the most Devilish? Because the Yoruba wife I have has shown me pepper O![/size]
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 2:19pm On Oct 04, 2011
Febup:

[size=13pt]Are all women the same or are Yoruba women the most Devilish? Because the Yoruba wife I have has shown me pepper O![/size]
If you guys have stories to tell- just spill it instead of implying that your wives are torturing you.
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by thorpido(m): 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Febup

What has Yoruba got to do with lies?Tell us your story.
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by emmatok(m): 2:35pm On Oct 04, 2011
LOLZ, is this family tread only for men?

Where are all the female family GURUS hiding.

Well because it is not about children and  cheating husbands. grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 04, 2011
thorpido:

@Febup

What has Yoruba got to do with lies?Tell us your story.

[size=13pt]If a women decides to show her husband her true colours after a good husband has made her comfortable in their marriage, then I think that is the greatest dishonesty a man can suffer from his wife.[/size]
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by ronkebp(f): 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2011
FEDUP it depends on what you did to your wife, to make her start showing you her true colours. Sometimes, men would push the women to the wall, that they have no choice but to fight back, and when they start fighting back, it becomes a problem for the men.

1 Like

Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by kurus: 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2011
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
ronkebp:

FEDUP it depends on what you did to your wife, to make her start showing you her true colours. Sometimes, men would push the women to the wall, that they have no choice but to fight back, and when they start fighting back, it becomes a problem for the men.

[size=13pt]When I met my wife she was more educated than myself, after I married her and made her comfortable in a foreign country and it was time for me to further my education, that was when I my wife showed me her true colours. She should have been honest with me before we got married that she would not like me to further my education[/size]
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by ronkebp(f): 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2011
Febup:

[size=13pt]When I met my wife she was more educated than myself, after I married her and made her comfortable in a foreign country and it was time for me to further my education, that was when I my wife showed me her true colours.[/size]
In that case, i do not have anything to say to that, personally i want my hubby to attain the highest level in his educational career, i am the one pushing him, and it is only because of my own orientation from my home. So i do not understand why your going back to school should be a problem. 'hand suppose wash hand'. wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Are You Honest With Your Spouse? by Cogent: 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2011
Legba abeg come and tell us your story.
I don't want to waste this login.
Also Febup, how did your wife show you pepper? Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law / Is It Possible Today, That A Married Man Would Not Cheat On His Wife? / If You Go To Bed Like This Your Man Deserves A Side Chick.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.